• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Venus Helios

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hey guys,

@villekille2 posted the release of his new stationary halogen vaporizer over at the Venus thread.

Here's its own:

The Venus Helios
helioslogo.png

helios_natural_onhand-900x900.jpg

• Helios is equipped with our latest 3rd generation halogen heating technology.
  • Manufactured in Finland
  • Easy to use and reliable
  • Compact size
  • Adjustable Boost level: Helios has fully adjustable level of extra boosting, enabling the user to find just the perfect settings for individual needs.
  • Vapor light: Helios is equipped with a strong LED light under the glass dome, which makes the vapor visible in a beautiful way creating a visually stunning effect, as soon as the vaporizer is warmed up.
  • Attention to details: When the Helios is warming up, a fascinating glow of deep red light advances along its silicone tubing, designed to create relaxing effect by imitating the rhythm of a peaceful breathing.
  • Stealth - mode: All signal lights can be switched off if wished.
  • High power: Helios is the most powerful vaporizer to date manufactured by us. The nominal power level compared to the Venus and Apollo is 250%. This leads to a very quick warm up.
  • SuperBoost - special setting to enable double amount of boost power
  • HerbSense -technology: The taste of vapor will stay better than before also during longer sessions even if you leave the vaporizer stay for a longer time between draws.

Price: 249.00€

We've been continuously working on research and development since the release of the original Venus Vaporizer in 2012. In Helios we have implemented things we've learned during the years and new features which we've found out to improve the vaporization experience.

For those familiar with the original Venus Vaporizer, here is a quick comparison list of the improvements in Helios:

- new 3rd Genearion Halogen Heating Technology. Maximum power 250% of Venus levels. Result is amazingly quick warm up, and our new SuperBoost-feature.
- More advanced internal microprocessor with 8 times more processing power. Thanks to that, Helios is a more refined vaporizer visually, control of heat level is more accurate, and the adjustment options give more possibilities.
- Boost power is fully adjustable and can be saved to the internal flash memory. This way you can have optimal boost level for your herbs and taste.
- SuperBoost™ -feature gives never before seen levels of boost, more than double in comparison to original Venus.
- Vapor light is active continuously, not only during boosting.
- Automatic turn off feature is much longer, turning the vape off only after 20 minutes of inactivity. Enjoy in a relaxing way.
- Advanced HerbSense heat control helps to keep the taste and quality of vapor at best levels even during longer sessions when the vaporizer might sit idle long periods between draws.
- Stealth -mode for turning off extra lights for extra privacy

Helios Vaporizer is a powerful high quality herbal vaporizer. It has been manufactured from quality materials as the health aspects and longetivity of our products are our main design principles. The frame of Helios is made of a single piece of oak in Finnish Lapland by an experienced carpenter. The assembly of Helios is done in our factory in Helsinki. The heating technology used is our own halogen heating technology which has already advanced to its 3rd generation. Thanks to this technology, vapor is very tasty when compared to more common technologies in vaporizers.

The glass dome on top of the vaporizer enables the user to see the vapor visually during the sessions. This way it improves the athmosphere considerably. The turbulent vapor inside the glass dome cools down nicely which also improves the vaporization experience.

Helios has a Boost function. It means that anytime during a sessions, you can just press the boost and the vaporizer will use a higher power level, and the vapor will become stronger. You can adjust the boost level to your own choice if you wish.

SuperBoost feature offers a massive boost power, over 2 times more than any other vaporizer in our product line. This gives many opportunities for an experienced used. But please be careful with the SuperBoost, with a great power comes a great responsibility.

In front, back and on top of the vape are panels made of brushed stainless steel. they are durable and are easy to keep clean.

Looks very nice... Very tempting. And no risk to burn your hands with this one. The capsule looks pretty safe in there. Love materials and the look... Very cool and sleek design.
Hope we will hear soon more about it!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I still haven't ever gotten to try a halogen vape either, even though I helped name the Apollo...
mmm....and VilleKille worked for all the rest!:D

Did the helios uses the same sort of crucible the Apollo and Venus use? Is the load placed in the same manner (just above the light)?

Is a glass/wood stem option is doable in replacement of the whip?

Mod note: post edited to remove portion that breaks forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:

SingedFringe

Can someone tell me more about halogen as a heat source. I currently own a volcano, OG vapcap, and a lotus. taste wise the lotus is the winner with wpa and j hook. only thing is this nickel plate. i removed this top nickel plate recently and the inner plates are discolored (purple). What i like about lotus is their website has some sort of health test which states the nickel is slighly higher than ambient, but still i am getting "something" undesirable (fair play to lotus for showing this and doing some health testing). does halogen bulb emit any types of elements / oxides?. i hear good things about the taste which is a good sign.

btka

taste should be good as it is convection.... as far as the halogen lamp is good sealed and only the glass part of it is in the airpath their should not be any health concerns... but I have to say that I do not own a halogen lamp vape....

YungLeaner

Can someone tell me more about halogen as a heat source. I currently own a volcano, OG vapcap, and a lotus. taste wise the lotus is the winner with wpa and j hook. only thing is this nickel plate. i removed this top nickel plate recently and the inner plates are discolored (purple). What i like about lotus is their website has some sort of health test which states the nickel is slighly higher than ambient, but still i am getting "something" undesirable (fair play to lotus for showing this and doing some health testing). does halogen bulb emit any types of elements / oxides?. i hear good things about the taste which is a good sign.
Halogen bulb is the heat source for the Herbalizer and the taste is absurdly well delivered, so much so that particularly piney OG strains actually taste too potent to handle. The only downside to halogen bulbs is that there Isn't really a "heat sink" because they turn on and off so fast, so it requires some clever engineering to make a halogen vape that produces thick vapor. As far as taste goes, though, you're almost guaranteed to be happy

villekille2

Manufacturer
mmm....and VilleKille worked for all the rest!:D

Did the helios uses the same sort of crucible the Apollo and Venus use? Is the load placed in the same manner (just above the light)?

Is a glass/wood stem option is doable in replacement of the whip?

Yes it has the same herb chamber, placed on the top of the heating unit. Currently we don't have any alternatives to the whip, but for modding I can tell that there is a 10mm diameter hole where the whip is inserted.

@villekille2 HerbSense heat control very cool ... how does this works

Basically it is a system to control the heat level so that longer delays between draws would not affect the taste as much as before but still the vaporizer will deliver immediately when required.

taste should be good as it is convection.... as far as the halogen lamp is good sealed and only the glass part of it is in the airpath their should not be any health concerns... but I have to say that I do not own a halogen lamp vape....

I have not done any scientific studies on this but my impression is that the halogen bulb emits energy as a heat and light radiation which is well absorbed by the trichomes and oils of the herb so that the ratio of vapor formation / herbal material oxidation is better than in regular convection vaporizers.

I should have some new photos this week!

SingedFringe

how does it compare to the venus apollo in terms of taste and vapor quality. If i was going to do a thorough clean, then would it just involve removing those 4 screws and take out the outlet screen, base plate, metal outlet tube and iso them ?. i imagine most of the sticky residue hits the glass, so won't need to do thorough clean so often?

Don't suppose there is anyone who has tried one of these (venus / helios) and a volcano or lotus j hook, whats the taste and vapor like compared to those. Volcano (dry hits on some herb), lotus j hook (can't fault it other than the very very tiny amount of nickel inhalation).

SingedFringe,

villekille2

Manufacturer
About the same, if Apollo is equipped with the vapor cooler that we just released. I would say the main difference is comfort and extra enjoyment from the visible vapors and light, as well as the easy control with a simple wheel to control the power level.

Helios gives maximum pleasure at home with tasty and quality vapors of halogen vaporizer and Apollo gives the same vapor quality and strength in a portable form factor.

about cleaning, yes you are correct the glass is the main part requiring cleaning, after many sessions, the glass will be less transparent as the residue accumulates there. It can be cleaned easily with a rinse of warm water and little bit dishwashing detergent. Or as people have written, a hot milk rinse and then drinking this milk provides strong medicinal effects so that the residue is not lost.

the metal plates stay usually clean, and are easy to wipe clean but the small vapor outlet screen can collect the residue. the 4 screws holding the top plate can be removed and the little screen taken out to clean it. Or alternatively cleaning without removing the screws: hold the Helios upside down without the glass, hold a lighter flame under the screen and inhale and the residue will turn into vapor and screen will be clean.

SingedFringe

What's the inside diameter and outside diameter of the silicon tubing ? Are there any glass stems that will fit the tubing that you know of ?. A glass pipe / stem that fits in the outlet would be perfect.

Top Bottom