• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Venus Helios

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Guys, I'm sorry for being absent that long. I'm still ill and got too much of everything on my plate recently...
Let's try to catch up and show some pics.! :) :D

All I can say is: yes, the Venus Helios IS that new and wonderful tasty halogen powered plug-in vape. I could only run a couple of micro sessions (with an Arizer EQ basket as bowl-in-bowl to reduce chamber size) and I already love it. It's my first corded vape - and it's nice to just let it on and use it as an ambilight vape-shisha thingy :) For sure more than nice to look at - and when you get the desire to light that freakin thing up, hit the boost button and make the world swirl... It looks soo nice and extraction and taste is first class as I have expected (yeah, love the Apollo as a session vape :luv:). I would defintely see this as my plug-in convenient relaxation session vape - just reach for the whip and hit it, put back and chillax.. don't have to worry about battery life and saving, swapping.. It's nice to just let it on - again, this is new to me.. only got portables until this one :)

Only little "downside" I found was the silicone tubing. I had the impression it could be more neutral in taste when taking smaller/whispy hits. But I'm very senstive to taste so it might not bother some one else really.. Already told Ville my view about this and he hadn't heard that before, might have been a bad batch..

Anyway, here's some pics, folks... they really can't display the real beauty of it - the motion of dancing vapor.:love:

zciKm9p.jpg

Heat up! :evil: That red light is pulsing... :rockon:
ZLnSYel.jpg

Session time! I had problems to focus the vapor while snapping..but you should get a first impression.
That vertical "seam" on the glass is usually facing to the back so it doesn't bother the view. Screwed it on the "wrong" way. By the way, this is a Helios lite with glass top "smoke".

Q9z332u.jpg

About the power dial (knob): I did a notch for orientation myself with a small metal saw (just realize it's only to be seen on the third pic - very slightly - pic is way too dark, sorry). Was a bit suprised there was no kind of mark on it to precisely and easily adjust the power level (from 0 - 12). But not a biggie and I already pointed @villekille2 to this - as well as it's a tad too big for my likings (and I don't have those huge bricklayers hands...) and thus unnecessarily impede the view and easy use (you have to look twice to read the power position and easily touch the whip when tuning - again, not a major drawback, just a thought for further design tweaks)

Hope I will soon have the chance to ride it some more. It's great fun, very nice visuals and a wonderfully casual style of super potent, tasty and smooth (group) session vaping. Fill this beast to the brim and you can knock a whole football team out!:whoa::haw: And I LOVE wood:D

@villekille2 Once more, you killed it :D What a wonderfully aesthetic and top performing vape. Love that wood metal combo to death - and the whole vaping experience is a league of its own: Vaping with visuals :love:...

It's beautiful, guys. You will be drawing being seduced by the dancing beauty and then realized you're waaaayyy hiiiiii :ko::brow::science::nod:

So long you guys, stay healthy!!

Love and peace
:peace:

EDIT: @mods - I think this one can be moved to the released section? :)

Last edited:
Guys, I'm sorry for being absent that long. I'm still ill and got too much of everything on my plate recently...
Let's try to catch up and show some pics.! :) :D

All I can say is: yes, the Venus Helios IS that new and wonderful tasty halogen powered plug-in vape. I could only run a couple of micro sessions (with an Arizer EQ basket as bowl-in-bowl to reduce chamber size) and I already love it. It's my first corded vape - and it's nice to just let it on and use it as an ambilight vape-shisha thingy :) For sure more than nice to look at - and when you get the desire to light that freakin thing up, hit the boost button and make the world swirl... It looks soo nice and extraction and taste is first class as I have expected (yeah, love the Apollo as a session vape :luv:). I would defintely see this as my plug-in convenient relaxation session vape - just reach for the whip and hit it, put back and chillax.. don't have to worry about battery life and saving, swapping.. It's nice to just let it on - again, this is new to me.. only got portables until this one :)

Only little "downside" I found was the silicone tubing. I had the impression it could be more neutral in taste when taking smaller/whispy hits. But I'm very senstive to taste so it might not bother some one else really.. Already told Ville my view about this and he hadn't heard that before, might have been a bad batch..

Anyway, here's some pics, folks... they really can't display the real beauty of it - the motion of dancing vapor.:love:

zciKm9p.jpg

Heat up! :evil: That red light is pulsing... :rockon:
ZLnSYel.jpg

ZLnSYel

Session time! I had problems to focus the vapor while snapping..but you should get a first impression.
That vertical "seam" on the glass is usually facing to the back so it doesn't bother the view. Screwed it on the "wrong" way. By the way, this is a Helios lite with glass top "smoke".
Q9z332u

Q9z332u.jpg

About the power dial (knob): I did a notch for orientation myself with a small metal saw (just realize it's only to be seen on the third pic - very slightly - pic is way too dark, sorry). Was a bit suprised there was no kind of mark on it to precisely and easily adjust the power level (from 0 - 12). But not a biggie and I already pointed @villekille2 to this - as well as it's a tad too big for my likings (don't have those huge bricklayers hand) and thus unnecessarily impede the view and easy use (you have to look twice to read the power position and easily touch the whip when tuning - again, not a major drawback, just a thought for further design tweaks)

Hope I will soon have the chance to ride it some more. It's great fun, very nice visuals and a wonderfully casual style of super potent, tasty and smooth (group) session vaping. Fill this beast to the brim and you can knock a whole football team out!:whoa::haw: And I LOVE wood:D

@villekille2 Once more, you killed it :D What a wonderfully aesthetic and top performing vape. Love that wood metal combo to death - and the whole vaping experience is a league of its own: Vaping with visuals :love:...

It's beautiful, guys. You will be drawing being seduced by the dancing beauty and then realized you're waaaayyy hiiiiii :ko::brow::science::nod:

So long you guys, stay healthy!!

Love and peace
:peace:

EDIT: @mods - I think this one can be moved to the released section? :)
Where can i buy one then!
Edit: never mind the website isn't in English, which means the vape isn't US compatible

Last edited:

vapen00b

Edit: never mind the website isn't in English, which means the vape isn't US compatible

As far as I know @villekille2 has also US compatible plugs and power supplies. So that shouldn't be a problem.

The Helios lite page hasn't been translated to English yet, only suomi. Check out the Helios (non-lite) page, it's all English.
http://www.venusvaporizer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=98

Lite only means weaker power supply and 30w bulb. 50w needs the more powerful Helios power adapter.
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

villekille2

Manufacturer

It is, we have Helios power supplies for US, UK and EU. We have Helios lite in stock, shipping takes usually 2 days to USA (and only one day to east coast) (DHL Express)

Last edited:

vapen00b

I did dial the knob down after heat up, but even when not, I could not see vapor forming/escaping the chamber unless you would take a draw.

You also can turn it very low and only boost while toking. That should have the same conservative effect.
Am I right @villekille2 ?

Is the only difference just the higher wattage bulb and the power supply? Has there been heating algorithm changes?

Last edited:

villekille2

Manufacturer
Yes, it is not really a problem in Helios Lite. As @vapen00b wrote, there is the power dial knob and the Helios Lite automatically uses the high power only to get to the right temperature and after that the power is kept on a chosen level to hold the temperature stable and the boost button is pressed when taking a draw and only then higher level of heat is applied on the herb.

But since extended periods of high temperatures naturally have some effect on the herb, let's say if someone leaves the vaporizer on the table for 3 minutes while doing something else, then the taste can degrade. With the Helios non-lite we have implemented the system to adapt to these situations so that power is automatically decreased in such situation so that the taste would be better and all you need is to press boost and you are ready to enjoy vapors again.

The difference between the units is that the Helios has 2.5 times more heating power. (it's different design, 12V system, lite has 6V bulbs). Because of this, Helios warms up much more quickly and also it helps in the above explained technology since it has so much extra power to increase temperature very quickly in case it has been dialed down.

Also the good thing in Helios is that it can be connected to any 12V source, so using it in a car doesn't require any voltage adapters.

There is also a so called super boost mode when you can release this full power available also to normal usage situations.

Last edited:

kimura

I'm finding the VAS to be strangely strong with this one. maybe it's my lack of a halogen unit

how does the power of Helios compare to that of Apollo?

how long does it take to get vapor from a cold start on max power?

vapen00b

I'm finding the VAS to be strangely strong with this one. maybe it's my lack of a halogen unit

how does the power of Helios compare to that of Apollo?

how long does it take to get vapor from a cold start on max power?

The Helios will outperform the Apollo - unless it too runs the high-wattage 50W bulb.

As your second question seems to be aiming for quickest possible vapor production (non-lite Helios), I think @villekille2 can chime in here as I don't have the stronger big brother..

Have a great Sunday everyone!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As the guy that brings his Volcano everywhere, the form factor of this is great.
It's nice to have a desktop vape, I find most portables really struggle at handling a good session. Sure is nice not having to fuck with batteries for once between the cell phone/internet world we float through.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow, I wasn't under the impression this had a battery. VERY cool it has the hybrid option, would love to taste it. Hard hitting direct draw is something I'm looking for to replace or supplement my Volcano. I love the size and lack of parts to clean compared to my current home vape. It has to stay on and hit hard when plugged in though, some battery powered vapes claim to work plugged in and really struggle. I wish there was some kind of glass straw or something, maybe I should look more at the Apollo? Milan?

My biggest concern is I haven't been impressed with whips in the past, I worry the pure halogen extraction is being compromised by tubing. My next vape will be direct draw as I've just grown a bit tired of bags.

btka

Wow, I wasn't under the impression this had a battery. VERY cool it has the hybrid option, would love to taste it. Hard hitting direct draw is something I'm looking for to replace or supplement my Volcano. I love the size and lack of parts to clean compared to my current home vape. It has to stay on and hit hard when plugged in though, some battery powered vapes claim to work plugged in and really struggle. I wish there was some kind of glass straw or something, maybe I should look more at the Apollo? Milan?

My biggest concern is I haven't been impressed with whips in the past, I worry the pure halogen extraction is being compromised by tubing. My next vape will be direct draw as I've just grown a bit tired of bags.
helios does not have batteries it is a plug in vape... but the venus vape is a hybrid, but as far as I know not available... but will be sometime in the future again... am I right @villekille2

btka,
Reactions: vapen00b

kimura

I'm close to taking a chance on this thing. I'm also not the biggest fan of whips, but it might be nice to have the option as a change of pace. seems like this unit might be excellent for sharing with guests, or for watching TV/playing video games etc. I'm thinking that direct draw could be achieved as well with some creative modification. either by replacing the whip with a glass adapter, or by taking off the dome and drawing from the bowl directly!

still really curious how long it takes to get vapor from a cold start. what happens if you skip the warmup and just go straight to super boost?

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Been real interested in this one for a minute. This or the Apollo I Will have within the next six months
Wood grain and halogen heating such a nice combination.

If there actually is no marker on the dial that seems not right to me. Desktops should have precise temperature gauge in my opinion. If I'm spending 400 CAD I better be able to dial that shit in and not just be guessing haha.

Dreuft

I think I would love a "Venus" model (plug-in and batteries) with all the updates of the "Hélios"!
If this don't happen I'll buy an Hélios but would be cool to have the possibility to use it on batteries

vapen00b

I think I would love a "Venus" model (plug-in and batteries) with all the updates of the "Hélios"!
If this don't happen I'll buy an Hélios but would be cool to have the possibility to use it on batteries

Well, actually you could use it with a battery - 12V. I know, it's not handy.. :p But, if you're a camping guy, not a bad option for great trips (pun intended) :)

I agree, a portable option with replaceable batteries is always nice. But the whole design needed to be different for that, plus the power is much higher with the 50W bulb, so I don't know how LiIon/LiFePo would perform and keep up.
I think, if demand for this would be great, @villekille2 might think about it.

Peace

vapen00b,
Reactions: Dreuft

kimura

greetings. I took the plunge on this unit.

I opted for the 50W version (not the "lite"). as has been reported by others, dealing with this company is quite pleasant. the unit shipped almost immediately and was at my doorstep a few days after ordering. packaging was basically non-existent, and it shipped with no instructions. it did not come with a US compatible cord, luckily I have plenty of standard PC power cords lying around that are compatible with the AC adapter that plugs into the vape. but first impressions are that the unit is well built, with care. no offensive odors to be found, just the slight scent of oak and very subtle citrus notes that I assume are from finish oil worked into the wood. design is simple, intake doesn't appear to pass over any electronics other than the wires that power the bulb.

I know this thing is marketed for use with the whip and the globe, but since I first saw the design, I had other ideas. I hope @villekille2 doesn't take offence, but I have learned over the years that direct draw is my preferred method, for a number of reasons. most importantly: effect. some credit has to go to @MinnBobber for promoting the versatility of the miniVAP flexicone. it was reading his posts in the herbie thread that got me thinking about the helios.

it's crazy, especially because I'm not sure this was planned, but the Helios is one of the best direct draw desktops I've ever used, and that list includes herbie and evo. the draw on this thing is completely open with no resistance, and it's got enough power at the top end to combust even with a brisk draw. it's a combination of auto and manual, because you use the dial to set the vape at a particular level, but then you can use the boost button to add as much heat as you want on the fly. using the method below, you can remove the load from the heater at the end of your draw, which I believe is essential to getting the most out of your material

here is the (naked) helios:

zt247U0.jpg

here's the bowl:

2dX4Cuc.jpg

looks to me like it would be a perfect fit for a miniVAP flexicone. let's see:

yC73wf1.jpg

yes, it's a perfect fit. the flexicone creates a seal at the top of the bowl, and the basket is suspended in the middle of the bowl, exposed to all the heat and radiation but not even touching the sides.

OwRrwL4.jpg

the Eagle has landed. I read the temp on the bowl with an IR temp gun, it seems to stay in the 170-200 range, which is well within the safe limits of the flexicone material. now I just need to come up with a way to draw off of this thing. let's use a VXL mouthpiece combined with a 14mm to 18mm adapter, press a small length of silicone hose into the adapter, and then mate that to a miniVAP flexicone module:

Gy48qGJ.jpg

4uFPlpe.jpg

ok. now, do this:

that was without even using the boost button. the halogen vape sig is intense. I think the radiant heat really helps to evenly extract the load, and there is also plenty of convection on top of that. flavor and effects outstanding, ABV perfect

edit: forgot to mention, there's a little screen inside the flexicone that I didn't show, that acts as a cap for the basket when you pop it into the flexicone. just wanted to mention for folks who may be unfamiliar with the mV flexicones

Last edited:
Top Bottom