VaporGenie

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I never really let my flame go inside the filter area. I held the flame tip across the hole and would breath in. The tip would turn towards the hole, but never really enter it. Maybe get pulled a millimeter or so into the opening of the top. I had more control over the heat this way, sucking the heat off the flame rather than sucking the flame into the filter.

DevoTheStrange,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
DevoTheStrange said:
I never really let my flame go inside the filter area. I held the flame tip across the hole and would breath in. The tip would turn towards the hole, but never really enter it. Maybe get pulled a millimeter or so into the opening of the top. I had more control over the heat this way, sucking the heat off the flame rather than sucking the flame into the filter.
yes,That's just what I did! When I breathe slowly the flame stays over the filter area, when I suck faster I get's pulled in. Ok so that should work.
Most of the times I smoke in the open so I guess I'll cope with it!

stop_the_lies,

Rin101

It's really tough to vaporize with a regular lighter when you're outside..sometimes it works if you can find a place where there is no wind, but if there's even a slight breeze it throws the flame off so much that you can't get any hot air through the pipe..But I can vape with my torch lighter outside, even if it's fairly windy, you should try to find one of those to try it out

Rin101,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
Rin101 said:
It's really tough to vaporize with a regular lighter when you're outside..sometimes it works if you can find a place where there is no wind, but if there's even a slight breeze it throws the flame off so much that you can't get any hot air through the pipe..But I can vape with my torch lighter outside, even if it's fairly windy, you should try to find one of those to try it out
yes I was thinking of buying one of those, too much wind around here at night :)
God I already love this thing, and to think I only vaped tobacco!:D I guess I should stop,dont wanna start smoking siggs again:uhoh:

stop_the_lies,

Stone

HI ALL !! As with others, I have been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to get a VG. I ordered a Walnut hand carved VG 22nd of March.

How long does shipping usually take to get to Canada ? (Vancouver to be more specific) Think I'll get it by the long weekend ? I've been on a break and I'm jonesing for a toke.

Btw, if there are any Canadian users, how much was the duty/tax ?

THANKS !!:D

Stone,

Stone

Also, forgot to ask, but has anyone tried the VG with Beeline ? Wondering if it would work. To my understanding the VG requires a slow and consistent draw. Wouldn't the ash from the Beeline be sucked into the bowl; therefore, ruining the ABV herb ?

Stone,

Rin101

Stone said:
Also, forgot to ask, but has anyone tried the VG with Beeline ? Wondering if it would work. To my understanding the VG requires a slow and consistent draw. Wouldn't the ash from the Beeline be sucked into the bowl; therefore, ruining the ABV herb ?
Congrats on ordering one and welcome to FC. To answer your Beeline question: I have used Beeline with my wooden VG a few times and it has worked, but was very slow..the ash is kind of annoying, but it sticks in a line..like a string of ash that you can deposit into an ashtray. The main problem was that the Beeline flame stays so small compared to a lighter that it takes a long time to heat up the ceramic filter. That just means you have to take a few more draws to finish a bowl, but it could be time consuming if you have low grade bud or need to vape more than one bowl.

I don't know anything about shipping to Canada, but I know you'll enjoy your walnut VG :brow:

Rin101,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Just ordered the classic VG, aluminum was out of stock.

Oh god i hope it works well with hash or i just wasted $100. :uhoh: Lets hope for the best :rolleyes:

audiodelic,

VapoBreizh

didn't test hash with VG, but with VS that work! so i don't think you will have any problem! however you need good hash to get good taste!:ninja:

VapoBreizh,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
VapoBreizh said:
didn't test hash with VG, but with VS that work! so i don't think you will have any problem! however you need good hash to get good taste!:ninja:
don't think he is gonna have a problem finding good hash where he is ;)

delic-- how much did shipping cost you?

obelisk,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
obelisk said:
VapoBreizh said:

I got express shipping $25 cos im leaving to nepal soon for a trance festival so portable vape would be useful :brow: :D .

audiodelic,

VapoBreizh

audiodelic said:
obelisk said:
VapoBreizh said:

I got express shipping $25 cos im leaving to nepal soon for a trance festival so portable vape would be useful :brow: :D .
sure!!!:D

VapoBreizh,

chucku

Charles Urbane
DevoTheStrange said:
Has anyone tried out the Aluminum VG's? Just noticed them on the VG website
https://www.vaporgenie.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/metal.JPG

From what it says, the top part is wood like the classic CG, the only new part is the pipe body is aluminum.
I just got the aluminum vapor bat. I love it. The taste is so clean. The first bowl was very evenly browned and was not yet burnt popcorny. It very comfortably fits in your pocket. The VG company has not yet decided to take the aluminum models beyond prototype status. Please let them knoe you want an aluminum genie now. These are the best products they have ever come up with.

chucku,

Rin101

chucku said:
DevoTheStrange said:
Has anyone tried out the Aluminum VG's? Just noticed them on the VG website
https://www.vaporgenie.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/metal.JPG

From what it says, the top part is wood like the classic CG, the only new part is the pipe body is aluminum.
I just got the aluminum vapor bat. I love it. The taste is so clean. The first bowl was very evenly browned and was not yet burnt popcorny. It very comfortably fits in your pocket. The VG company has not yet decided to take the aluminum models beyond prototype status. Please let them knoe you want an aluminum genie now. These are the best products they have ever come up with.
Awesome; thanks for the report! Would it be possible for you to post some closer pics than that pics on the VG website? I would appreciate a closer look at the flame hole and what's inside the top piece of the bat. It looks very strange in the pictures, but I'm glad to hear that it works

Rin101,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
I'm new to vaping and just got my aluminum vaporgenie. First try pretty nice. Second try was great and I've almost perfected using it already. The aluminum looks pretty good and there was no bad taste from the VG or the BIC-- only a sweet bud taste. I'd recommend the aluminum VG to anyone even though they're currently unavailable to buy. Vaping is the shit!

Deadhead101,

MilesOfLightExplode

I just ordered the aluminum bat and this is my first time vaping as well. Any of you more experienced folks who have had a go at the bat have any tips?

MilesOfLightExplode,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Received my VG, this device is pretty good merely for its ultimate portability. Im using only hash in the bowl piece without any bud and it seems to be working pretty good when i actually light it correctly. There is a bit of a learning curve to using this pipe though. With a lighter its easier but im using the hempvick for lighting.

But i have been able to extract huge clouds of vapor when used correctly, so still perfecting this pipe but i think it should be a worthwhile investment once i master the correct way of lighting it.

audiodelic,

andreisnt

Blind Philosopher
Okay, so Vapor Genie has newly released 2 new models - the VG Alu Pipe and the VG Alu Bat. Both of these models look great and I'm looking to buy one of these as my first vaporiser. Only thing is I cant decide whether I should get the Bat or the pipe! Anyone wanna help out? One thing im really looking for is something I can keep for a VERY long time, so I've taken a big interest towards the Bat as the head piece wont get burned.. on the other hand, is the vapor quality just as good as the pipe model? Help? Ive searched forums all over but cant find anything on this :(

andreisnt,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
I'm really happy using the aluminum pipe vg. Ive easily mastered it after only three uses and get great hits without burning the weed. It's not so big and fits pretty well in your pocket. I don't really know for sure but I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't last.

Deadhead101,

chucku

Charles Urbane
"Okay, so Vapor Genie has newly released 2 new models - the VG Alu Pipe and the VG Alu Bat. Both of these models look great and I'm looking to buy one of these as my first vaporiser. Only thing is I cant decide whether I should get the Bat or the pipe! Anyone wanna help out? One thing im really looking for is something I can keep for a VERY long time, so I've taken a big interest towards the Bat as the head piece wont get burned.. on the other hand, is the vapor quality just as good as the pipe model? Help? Ive searched forums all over but cant find anything on this"

I have a handcarved and aluminum bat. The bat requires more flame but has a much larger margin of error. The only way to burn your green is if you try to. But if you get to that point it may be too warm to hold. The only down side I can think of is since the ceramic filter is recessed well past the flame hole it is impossible to use a torch lighter. That should rarely if ever be an issue. Get the bat.

chucku,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Finally learned how to use the VG correctly, yesterday i was able to extract huge rips of vapor from an average size bowl of hash. My portable vaporizer concerns are now fulfilled. :brow::ko:

audiodelic,

Rin101

chucku said:
I have a handcarved and aluminum bat. The bat requires more flame but has a much larger margin of error. The only way to burn your green is if you try to. But if you get to that point it may be too warm to hold. The only down side I can think of is since the ceramic filter is recessed well past the flame hole it is impossible to use a torch lighter. That should rarely if ever be an issue. Get the bat.
Thanks for the tips! I'm disappointed that you can't use a torch lighter though :( I was hoping that would be an option. I like that it doesn't get too hot though, my friend is thinking about getting one but thought it would get way too hot. hope you enjoy it!

Also...if you ever have any crazy stories about where you're vaping with that thing, I'd be interested :D

audiodelic said:
Finally learned how to use the VG correctly, yesterday i was able to extract huge rips of vapor from an average size bowl of hash. My portable vaporizer concerns are now fulfilled. :brow::ko:
That's awesome dude, did you have any trouble with the hash falling through the screen or clogging the screen? Just wondering because I've never tried it

Rin101,

Stone

Just got my VG in the mail today. At first glance ... wtf ? i paid 65 bones for this piece of stick ?

I'm high, typing my thought right now before i forget later. Pretty sure I got the technique down packed. Let flame in gently 1/8" inch in below the rim the limit. Pipe tilted down so the mouthpiece is on the roof of my mouth. Suck slowly and consistently. Blow out VAPOR !! Sweet !! I got mad skillz. I counted 6 tokes .. till its golden green. Not sure if i should continue or not i took the stuff out and loaded another bowl. Bam !! went through that one in a jiffy. Onto the next one !! High doesnt seem to hit me yet ... im thinking fml, i thought a vap was suppose to conserve weeed. i load my third bowl and realize i recognize this taste. The vap brings me a flashback, this is just like smokeing from a shisha ppie. wtf ? i have a shisha pipe, why did i buy a vap for ? then i remembered i bought it for its portability. oooh ya. flash back over. wtf im still holding VG ? BAM !! ITS OVERS ! BITCH CREEPED UP ON ME !!

So ya ! thats what happened. feeling pretty good now. Sweet. :cool:

Stone,
Top Bottom