VaporGenie

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
thought I'd let everyone know about this I picked this up on ebay $30 to my door and let me say I have never spent this much on a lighter before but this thing is very well made. I have collected and used Zippo lighters over the years and they have always made a quality product and this Colibri is no different http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...fbdb460&itemid=270538985070&ff4=263602_263622 I know it's kinda pricey but it works very well with the genie with the torch or the side flame, really cool thing is if it's windy outside I can use the torch instead of the candle style flame any other situation I use the side/candle flame. heres a couple of my crappy photos.
IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

rbrown13,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
Hi,I've been reading this forum for sometime, great community! :D
I wanted to know if the delivery is good, because I bought the Vg the 23rd but It didnt get here yet.
I got the standard shipping(5$) and I live in Italy;I was kinda hopin' it'll get here on saturday,family is away and i'm having a party so I wanted to try it out :)

stop_the_lies,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
I just ordered a vapor genie, and did not receive a confirmation email(receipt). Am I just being paranoid? It has only been 3 hours, do they not send you an email until its shipped? any info is appreciated. Cant wait to get vaked.

fiarrhea,

Raf007

Retailer
i got a confirmation email within one day, and I received it like a week later (international mail, USA-France).

Some update while I'm here, I sold my VG to a friend, because it takes way too much gaz, it's too easy to combust, and friends who don't have good lungs can't try it.
But my friend is very happy with it ! I went for the supreme V.

Raf007,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
Raf007 said:
i got a confirmation email within one day, and I received it like a week later (international mail, USA-France).

Some update while I'm here, I sold my VG to a friend, because it takes way too much gaz, it's too easy to combust, and friends who don't have good lungs can't try it.
But my friend is very happy with it ! I went for the supreme V.
Really?you got the vg one week later and you live in France?
It's almost been a month,should I wait or should I get them to send another one if this doesn't get here?

stop_the_lies,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
fiarrhea said:
I just ordered a vapor genie, and did not receive a confirmation email(receipt). Am I just being paranoid? It has only been 3 hours, do they not send you an email until its shipped? any info is appreciated. Cant wait to get vaked.
yea, I also got the email one day later.

stop_the_lies,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Durden said:
So I was poking around bored and found an aluminum VG on their site, says it's only a sample run so far (50 available at release, not sure how many, if any, are left) and that the main body can be cleaned since it's metal. They are also a little taller and are heavier. From people who have used this device heavily, what's your opinion on a metal unit? I am very intrigued about this as a possible travel piece that is completely portable and cleanable so any opinions would be welcome!
I'll tell you when i get mine next week ;) . Honestly I think they were put up yesterday. I caught them at 50$ but when i checked back later I saw they bumped up the price to 65$.

Personnaly I love my Glass VG , I bought this one for on the road. I do have an exotic as well but don't like to let other people try it for fear of combustion. They are a bitch to clean if you need to get rid of the tar taste that combustion leaves. The aluminum should be way easier to clean should that ever happen.

Skunkypete,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
My VG should come fri or sat. Ive only ever tried an SSV and a volcano. LOVED the volcano, but thats probably because I smoked shit tons through it. I chose the vapor genie as my first vape because of, well mainly price, but also for the fact that it will feel more like smoking as well as give diesel hits (or so ive read, i read every page of this thread before posting, and ordering for that matter). Im excited to try it, but i think i need a little coaxing to fully embrace vaping. With the SSV(my first vape experience), the high was seriously lacking. My tolerance has decreased substantially in the past couple months due to a poor money sitch so i know that will help me feel the true effects of vapor. But my lungs need the transition, and I feel like the knowledge and support of experienced vapers (esp those who use a VG regularly) could steer me away from combustion entirely.

Some kind words of encouragement and reinforcement of the high is what i think i really need, and i know this is the best, if not only, place to find it.

Im drunk on Icehouse and Mickeys Ice.... Happy St. Pattys.

:peace: fuckin fiarrhea.

fiarrhea,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
fiarrhea said:
But my lungs need the transition, and I feel like the knowledge and support of experienced vapers (esp those who use a VG regularly) could steer me away from combustion entirely.

Some kind words of encouragement and reinforcement of the high is what i think i really need, and i know this is the best, if not only, place to find it.
Let me be honest. The first few times I used a vape, I wasn't too convinced, nor was I in anyway ready to give up combustion. I bought my first VG this summer and let me say, it was nice but like I said, I was not about to stop smoking. I liked the combining effect of vaping after a combustion session. As time went on, I figured out how to very effectively hit the VG and get the high I was looking for. I then got a LB and pretty much stopped smoking after because it produces such high quality vapor. After I stopped combusting, I cant really say I miss smoking too much. The vapor high is a really nice clear high which allows you to enjoy the high to its fullest (as opposed to sitting on the couch the whole time) as you get with combustion. Not only is the high somewhat more enjoyable, its obviously a lot better on your lungs and general health.

As words of encouragement, I would say stick to it. You will love (and notice) the health benefits and the high will grow on you quickly. This coming from a high school student who doesn't mind getting fucked up sometimes. St. patties day! woot. :ko:

HighSti,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
Wow, didnt expect anyone else to be awake and posting. Thanks for the input. Sticking to it, I feel, is going to be a huge factor with vaping for me. Ive been smoking for 8 years now, and love it! But I cant even take a gravity bong rip without dying. Seems like a no brainer to switch to vapor, but sticking with it concerns me. What about those times when i wanna get seriously retarded, im weak. Ive mostly quit smokin cigs with the help of swedish snus (snuson.com), which i highly recommend to any smoker trying to quit. But i still smoke cigs at times (mainly whenim drunk, ive smoked about half a pack tonight :/ So i know its hard for me to do things i know i should. I just hope vaping keeps my M needs satisfied.

fiarrhea,
Reactions: Ansel

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
yeah, I was the same way for a while. I couldn't even fathom giving up smoking but let me be honest, if you vape correctly, you can get FUCKED UP. It took a while but I realized the high is nice, good for me, and saves bud. Alot easier said then done though. Good luck with your efforts. Remember, just take it step by step, before you know it, you may never want to smoke again.. (no guarantee.. I still do occasionally GASP). Have fun with your VG! Pass it around in the circle with your buddies, you may be surprised by how many people like the idea. :D

HighSti,

Raf007

Retailer
@stop-the-lies
I don't remember exactly, but yes it took less than 2 weeks that's 150% sure. One week I think but can't guarantee. two I guarantee.

Yes, write them an email or call them.

As far as quiting cigs, vaping helped me a lot, and as I combust once a week I can attest that I'm not higher when I combust. The buzz is different though, and less enjoyable.

Raf007,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
Just got my VG, nothing to test it with though. :( But my ceramic filter is located almost at the very bottom of the top piece (more like slightly below center). it also slides with minimal pressure (only slides 3 or 4 mm). Where in the top piece should the ceramic filter be? I cant get a clear view from any of the pics.

fiarrhea,

Rin101

Fiarrhea, my ceramic filter is seated pretty far down, I have always been able to see the little ring around the inside of the top piece, I'd say the ring is just a couple mm above the filter. Though my filter has never moved at all, I'm not sure why yours is. It probably isn't a problem though

Rin101,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
Nope, not a prob. Ive been vaping tobacco from cig butts out of public ash trays and it works great, pretty pathetic i know, but im 100% broke and have no one to help me fill. BTW, if anyones in the northeastern part of FL and wants to help me learn without butts lemme know, id be very grateful, and would repay.

:peace: FF

fiarrhea,

freeman dyson

does the bottom bowl come on this? what's the best way to clean? just remove the mouthpiece and stick a poker in there?

freeman dyson,

Rin101

Yes, freeman, the entire wooden pipe and mouthpiece comes with it..and I clean mine with pipe cleaners, though there isn't much to clean

Rin101,

freeman dyson

Rin101 said:
Yes, freeman, the entire wooden pipe and mouthpiece comes with it..and I clean mine with pipe cleaners, though there isn't much to clean
oops. i meant does it come off?

freeman dyson,

foffy

Well, after 41 pages i feel like Ive graduated so Ive signed up.

Just ordered a vg handcraft teak and cant wait til it gets here!!
Thanks for the great forum, lot of good stuff on here.
And good people too, thats why i joined..

foffy,

Rin101

freeman dyson said:
Rin101 said:
oops. i meant does it come off?
Yep, the pipe and top piece screw together so they can be screwed apart. Inbetween them is where the bowl is...so you put your bud in, screw it together, and it's secured in there and won't fall out

Rin101,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
foffy said:
Well, after 41 pages i feel like Ive graduated so Ive signed up.

Just ordered a vg handcraft teak and cant wait til it gets here!!
Thanks for the great forum, lot of good stuff on here.
And good people too, thats why i joined..
ahah,same here!
If it's ever gonna get here Im trying the plastic tube thing!:D

stop_the_lies,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Welcome to FC Foffy & Stop!

You'll have to let us know how you enjoy the VG's once they arrive!

Lo,
Top Bottom