VaporGenie

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
That's awesome dude, did you have any trouble with the hash falling through the screen or clogging the screen? Just wondering because I've never tried it
Not really clogging it but you need to clean it every now and then definitely more regularly than bud i guess.

audiodelic,

MilesOfLightExplode

Well...took me a bit but I'm starting to get a hang of the aluminum bat...it does indeed take awhile to warm up though!

I can't believe how small and stealth this thing is...this is my first time vaporizing and I am indeed noticing a cleaner effect. I hope VG posts a guide for this model too so I know if I'm making the most of it!

To other owners: how big are your vapor clouds typically?

Edit: I'm absolutely killing lighters right now.

MilesOfLightExplode,

fiarrhea

Vapor Dog
Ive been loving my VG, but hating how fast it tears through lighters, I bought a refillable torch lighter, (POS 4$ thing at walgreens.) broke after 1 sesh. I found a refillable candle style lighter i got with pack of pall malls a couple years ago. So i can use my recently purchased butane: ). Im now looking for a decent quality but fairly priced candle type refillable but cant find shit on the net. If anyone knows a good place or website to look, lemme know, my ceramics already turning red from all the flint : (.

fiarrhea,

jimbo

winterize
I just ordered the Lotus lighter from the vaprogenie site for $45,00, looks cool, don't know if thats to pricey for ya....

jimbo,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Yes its been using up my lighters rather quickly, but shouldn't really complain a regular lighter here is costing me 0.25 cents :D

audiodelic,

FEAR420

Seriously guys,IMO,NOTHING BEATS the regular old $1 BIC lighter. Perfect sized flame,lasts a decent amount of time for a non-refillable,easy to use,and it doesn't matter if you lose or break it :2c:

FEAR420,

chucku

Charles Urbane
fiarrhea said:
Ive been loving my VG, but hating how fast it tears through lighters, I bought a refillable torch lighter, (POS 4$ thing at walgreens.) broke after 1 sesh. I found a refillable candle style lighter i got with pack of pall malls a couple years ago. So i can use my recently purchased butane: ). Im now looking for a decent quality but fairly priced candle type refillable but cant find shit on the net. If anyone knows a good place or website to look, lemme know, my ceramics already turning red from all the flint : (.
Best lighter I have ever used is from Xikar. http://www.xikar.com/product_lighter_ex.asp It is tank tough, windproof and guaranteed for life. It goes for $60.00 from the Xikar site and can be had for less from better cigar shops. The shop I bought mine from does not even require the receipt for warranty service. It works flawlessly with the Aluminum bat.

chucku,

Rin101

I didn't like how my VG devoured all my lighters either, so I made the switch to torch lighters a long time ago because they seem more efficient, are windproof, and vaporize faster. So far it's been easier for all my buddies to learn to vape for the first time with a torch lighter, rather than a candle lighter; I'm not totally sure why this is, but I give them their own bowl to practice on and explain why it's better to err on the cool side.

If you're used to using candle/cigarette lighters, it's a bit different with a torch lighter, so start from the lowest temperature again and work your way up. It might heat up FAST if you hold the flame too close, so be extra careful your first time using it.

To those who can't afford an expensive butane torch lighter: I was in your boat, but I ordered a few $4 torch lighters to try out with my VG (from eBay - they took about 3 weeks to get here but it was worth the wait). The first lighter I opened lasted me at least 4 months before it stopped lighting! I only had to refill it every couple weeks, but I was using the cheap cheap butane (won't say the brand name, but it came from a large department store), and I think that might have contributed to the lighter's demise by possibly clogging the fuel line.

Anyway, now I use a torch from Ever Tech and I use quintuple-filtered butane (which I also got on eBay).

So what I'm trying to say is that torch lighters are awesome. I can't give you a link to a cheap lighter in this post, but try to find one with a clear gas tank..searching eBay for torch lighters should get you somewhere. If you need help finding one, send me a private message.

Sorry for the rambling, I just vaped my first bowl since Thursday :D

:peace:

Rin101,

MilesOfLightExplode

Anyone else with the aluminum bat care to share some insight on their usage strategies? I feel like I'm lighting it for too long (usually @20 seconds) due to the horrible pain in my lungs from the "vapor" (it certainly doesn't look much like smoke or taste much like smoke) but the weed doesn't seem to be burned at all, just slightly browned. Any shorter light time gives me the great taste of the herb, but not any real effects that I've noticed. Any suggestions?

BTW, I'm using a bic lighter for now.

MilesOfLightExplode,

chucku

Charles Urbane
MilesOfLightExplode said:
Anyone else with the aluminum bat care to share some insight on their usage strategies? I feel like I'm lighting it for too long (usually @20 seconds) due to the horrible pain in my lungs from the "vapor" (it certainly doesn't look much like smoke or taste much like smoke) but the weed doesn't seem to be burned at all, just slightly browned. Any shorter light time gives me the great taste of the herb, but not any real effects that I've noticed. Any suggestions?

BTW, I'm using a bic lighter for now.
I apply flame for 3-5 seconds, remove flame, repeat 2x drawing slowly (just enough for the flame to enter the hole). Huge clouds and massive head rushes every time.

chucku,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
The aluminum pipe vg is my first vaporgenie. Is there anyone who has the aluminum and another model too? How do the two compare? I was looking into getting a glass one possibly.

Deadhead101,

Deadhead101

Does anyone vape stems regularly? They don't give you headaches when you vape them right?

Deadhead101,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Stems work fine! Common misconception with vaping. They have cannabanoids on the outside and as long as you dont burn the inside of them, you wont have to worry. Vapes maximize your bud. :ko:

HighSti,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Deadhead101 said:
The aluminum pipe vg is my first vaporgenie. Is there anyone who has the aluminum and another model too? How do the two compare? I was looking into getting a glass one possibly.
I have a handcarved and a bat. The handcarved needs much less flame but is also easier to apply too much. The bat takes longer to heat up but is more forgiving. It also tastes better and is stealthier.

chucku,

Deadhead101

Cool. Good stuff. I'm thinkin bout tryin out the vg filteron a bong. I'll let you guys know how it is if I try it.

Deadhead101,

FEAR420

Deadhead101 said:
Cool. Good stuff. I'm thinkin bout tryin out the vg filteron a bong. I'll let you guys know how it is if I try it.
It works...just takes a bit more flame/heat since youre drawing more air thru.

FEAR420,

Rin101

Yeah vaping with a bong is great, man!!
vg1.jpg

put lots of ice in there if you can

Rin101,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
How did you do that Rin101? Whats that metal piece attached to your VG top piece.?

ioright,

Rin101

It's a metal downstem with a metal threaded bowl attached..it's epic. I got it all from my local headshop. The only thing is that it's tough to judge when to stop heating the filter since you can't see the vapor or feel it in your lungs because it's so cool from the bong. So I held the metal downstem in my 2 fingers while heating it and I took the flame away when the downstem started getting hot

Rin101,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Epic creation rin101 congrats ..... potheads are so innovative when it actually has something to do with the pot itself :lol:

audiodelic,
Reactions: olfos

Rin101

Thanks, though it wasn't my idea :) there are lots of youtube vids of people vaping with the VG top and a bong..I just copied them!

Rin101,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Got to try the aluminum VG bat the other day. I can say I was fairly impressed with it. I actually liked my experience with the bat over my use with the hand carved VG. I found it much more difficult to combust the herb with the bat... The bat was far easier to use for me.
The only downside is it does heat up, but it takes you a while to get there. So if you plan on loading multiple bowls, let the thing cool down a bit. Also, big groups of people also cause this thing to get pretty hot. . . but not hot enough to where you cant hold it...
If I were to buy another VG again I think I would buy this one over the wooden ones. Reasons for this is, it appears easier to clean..... you don't have to worry about burning the material around the filter. After using the original set up on the VG, this set up feels more natural to me.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom