VaporGenie

Rin101

Thanks for the report, Devo, but I'm still curious about how the bat works..I can see that the ceramic filter is at the bottom of the top part (near the threaded end) but in the flame-hole there is a black cylindrical object..did you notice that? I e-mailed VG about it but they didn't respond

Rin101,

shotgunwilly

hello everyone... i just got a bat myself...just arrived this morning... in the top portion (flame hole side) by the threads is the silcone heating stone thing... its about 1/2" to 3/4" from the tip of the threads... i find that it gets plenty hot just holding a flame at the opening of the hole, i havent tried it with a jet flame yet, that will be my next experiment, currently im using an old jet flame that no longer "jets" its just a mellow inch long blue flame but it works great...the only "negative" thing about the bat ive noticed so far is is it is slippery and top heavy, so when you get stoned, its easier to drop... i also noticed it gets pretty warm...not oh shit its hot warm, but, wow, thats pretty warm warm... and if you were doing an extended session, i could see where it would be uncomfortable to hold... i plan on maybe doing a little leather wrap around the base section to help insulate against the heat and to make it easier to hold on to... other than that, it works great, big vapor, fast learning curve with it... i got it because my iolite crapped out and it was an inexpensive vaporizer that had some good feedback that i could use while i was waiting for the other to come back from the warranty work... and at $45 at vaporgenie.com plus free shipping, (although i paid the $4 bucks for priority mail) you cant go wrong... i bought it monday, it arrived wed in a non descript envelope... and its a pretty fool proof vaporizer, very little can go wrong with it... and from the vapor hits ive been getting with it, im thinking this might end up being my new go to toy... :)

shotgunwilly,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Rin101 said:
Thanks for the report, Devo, but I'm still curious about how the bat works..I can see that the ceramic filter is at the bottom of the top part (near the threaded end) but in the flame-hole there is a black cylindrical object..did you notice that? I e-mailed VG about it but they didn't respond
There is no black cylindrical object. It looks like one on the website, but it is just a shadow from how it is cut. The filter works just like the normal VG. It is located in the same place in relation to the bowl.
There is the side hole, and maybe about an inch or bit over space to get the filter itself. This is a plus over the other VG, because the flame gets no where near the filter (unless you use a huge flame).
I would say this version of the VG is a bit more windproof than the other VGs. Reasoning behind me saying that is when you use this one you literally suck the flame inside so the flame stands more of a chance of not getting blown out by the wind. Just turn the hole to the side, hold the lighter really close and inhale. Wind can still be a problem, just not as much as it would with the other VGs.

One thing I notice as well is the distance from the filter to the bowl is larger.... Takes a lot more heat to combust than the wooden VGs. Ive taken huge rips off of the bat and opened up and the herb still looks green when usually you will see the beginning of it starting to brown.

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Personally I wouldn't use a jet flame lighter with the bat. The way it is set up will cause the whole thing to heat up dramatically just to even get the flame to get where it needs to go. This is more for a candle type flame than anything. I think you can use jet flame, but the metal body may cause problems with holding it in your hands.

DevoTheStrange,

GoGlass

Hello, i have a Classic VG and a Glass VG, and i have a question about the new VG Bat.
On the photos, it appears that if we hold the bat like a regular pipe (horizontally) the bowl and the screen will stand VERTICALLY (if i have understand or may i wrong?) So my question is: does it work well since the material will not be laid very well on the screen ? (major difference with other VG Models).
Thanks for your replies, guys.

GoGlass,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I don't think the vertical bowl position works very well... Similar set up to most whip vapes... Shake the bowl between hits, and because it is vertical you are also less likely to combust the herb.
After a few days of having the Bat, I definitely say that I prefer this over the other VG styles.

Edit: Was just able to use a Jet flame, was pretty easy to use. Just shot the flame across the hole not into it... Take a bit more work to get a hit, but it is possible. Aluminum body heats up a lot faster with jet flame.
Another thing I noticed.. The aluminum body around the filter seems to hold the heat pretty well between hits, so each successive hit uses less and less flame.

DevoTheStrange,

shotgunwilly

completely agree with devo, yes, you can use a jet flame, but it gets it hotter quicker and it is a little harder to get a hit... and yes goglass, the bowl is vertical, what i do is just give the herb a gentle push down, not a lot, but just enough to get it to "hold" so it doesnt fall onto the ceramic heat element.... but not enough to pack it...it seems to work well, and i then stir it every couple hits and each time just a gentle push down to set it...

shotgunwilly,

Deadhead101

I am the Vapor King--I can do anything
To anyone who uses the vg top with a bong: do you get the same kind of results using this set up as you did using the normal vg pipe I.e. efficiency of herb, high,etc.?

Deadhead101,

MilesOfLightExplode

Roughly how many hits are you guys getting out of the VG Bat? I feel like I'm not getting much...the first few hits I can taste but don't seem to impact me much...and then I finally get something just as its starting to get browned.

MilesOfLightExplode,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I find I get less hits with the bat. But those hits are much larger than I would normally get with the VG. I still haven't been able to control the size of my hits. However for me. They go beyond just taste. They are also very visible, yet no signs of combustion... light browning. Have yet to get darker brown out of it.

DevoTheStrange,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
hi all,im vaping my first gram with the genie.
i just vaped half of hit, but I dont think im doing it right,cuz getting the vapor out is trial and error.
From now I got 3 good vape hits,sometimes I see nothing and other times I burn it.
I followed most of the tips on this thread; a consistent slow draw and then hit hard when you can taste hot air.The problem is that most of the times i dont feel the vapor getting warm and I think I created soot too :|
any tips?:D
btw I use a normal lighter or electric

stop_the_lies,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I've noticed that when you cannot taste the vapor, or even feel its heat, that there is another way you can tell if it is working. When you are hitting it you will feel a little bit of resistance start in the airflow the moment it starts to give off vapor. It is just a slight bit more resistance than hitting it without flame.
I never hit it slow thin hit it hard once the vapor start. I hit it slow and wait for the vapor to start and keep hitting it slow for a few more seconds then my hit is done. at no point do I speed up my draw, when you speed up your draw you are bringing a lot of colder air, cooling the hit down and cooling down the filter. You might find that that hard hit you are doing at the end is actually stopping the vaporization process if you are hitting it too hard.
You may also be combusting because you are using too slow of a draw.
for me I've never ventured beyond the consistent slow draw once I figured out how to use the VG

DevoTheStrange,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
DevoTheStrange said:
I've noticed that when you cannot taste the vapor, or even feel its heat, that there is another way you can tell if it is working. When you are hitting it you will feel a little bit of resistance start in the airflow the moment it starts to give off vapor. It is just a slight bit more resistance than hitting it without flame.
I never hit it slow thin hit it hard once the vapor start. I hit it slow and wait for the vapor to start and keep hitting it slow for a few more seconds then my hit is done. at no point do I speed up my draw, when you speed up your draw you are bringing a lot of colder air, cooling the hit down and cooling down the filter. You might find that that hard hit you are doing at the end is actually stopping the vaporization process if you are hitting it too hard.
You may also be combusting because you are using too slow of a draw.
for me I've never ventured beyond the consistent slow draw once I figured out how to use the VG
ok so basically i should never hit hard cause I may get the air too cold and I shouldn't suck to slow cuz of combustion, but suck constantly like when you hear that swooshing sound, am I right?
I'll try that now,let you know as soon as I try it, im stoked!

stop_the_lies,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Also if there is combustion starting in the bowl and your unaware of it, if you hit it hard, it will light the rest of the contents of the bowl on fire.

Start with a nice consistent draw, and when you think there is vapor going, remove the flame and keep your draw the same. Go for a few seconds past taking the flame off... and you should have yourself a hit.
when starting out you want to work with smaller hits, once you can consistently get small hits, slowly venture into using more flame time to get yourself bigger hits.

Once you get it going and figure everything out, you will be able to get nice big rips without combustion. Takes a little time and some learning, but it pays off.

DevoTheStrange,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
DevoTheStrange said:
Also if there is combustion starting in the bowl and your unaware of it, if you hit it hard, it will light the rest of the contents of the bowl on fire.

Start with a nice consistent draw, and when you think there is vapor going, remove the flame and keep your draw the same. Go for a few seconds past taking the flame off... and you should have yourself a hit.
when starting out you want to work with smaller hits, once you can consistently get small hits, slowly venture into using more flame time to get yourself bigger hits.

Once you get it going and figure everything out, you will be able to get nice big rips without combustion. Takes a little time and some learning, but it pays off.
Ok so The warm up was good, i got a decent toke with visibile vapor,then I did like 4 hits without feeling any vapor, then another decent toke.Im gradually getting the high of of those two hits!th problem is that most of the time I feel like im not inhaling anything:/
i guess the learning curve really is one gram :)

stop_the_lies,

Rin101

Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it ;)

Another suggestion I'd give is to make sure you are packing your bowl very very loosely..if it's too tight you won't get the right amount of airflow to vaporize properly. I sprinkle bud into the bowl until it's 3/4 full without packing it down

Deadhead101 said:
To anyone who uses the vg top with a bong: do you get the same kind of results using this set up as you did using the normal vg pipe I.e. efficiency of herb, high,etc.?
I got very good results using mid-grade herb with the vaporbong! I actually do it without water in the bong, just lots of ice that cools down the vapor and adds a bit of moisture. It is probably the most efficient way I've ever consumed my bud...one bowl is very strong

Rin101,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
Rin101 said:
Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it ;)

Another suggestion I'd give is to make sure you are packing your bowl very very loosely..if it's too tight you won't get the right amount of airflow to vaporize properly. I sprinkle bud into the bowl until it's 3/4 full without packing it down

Deadhead101 said:
I got very good results using mid-grade herb with the vaporbong! I actually do it without water in the bong, just lots of ice that cools down the vapor and adds a bit of moisture. It is probably the most efficient way I've ever consumed my bud...one bowl is very strong
oh you're the guy on youtube,hidden vapor!I commented on one of your videos.
nice rips man,watched most of the vids:D
ok so I just finished my gram.
I think that I mostly only do the first hit right, maybe because i finished all of the thc in the first one(i also think that its because of the shitty stash i got :| ).Then I dont get anything from the rest of the hits,like if I was inhaling only the heat.Also after the first hit the weed gets crunchy right away.Is this possible? I guess ill take me another gram to learn this..
thanls for all the tips, Im reallyyy determined.

stop_the_lies,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Yeah if you have yourself a really low THC content herb you will find you won't get that many hits out of it. I've had some really low grade stuff vape off in one hit before.

DevoTheStrange,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
DevoTheStrange said:
Yeah if you have yourself a really low THC content herb you will find you won't get that many hits out of it. I've had some really low grade stuff vape off in one hit before.
Yea I guess that's it,my dealer just got arrested two weeks ago and he had some really good skunk:( gotta find another one
btw i took the screen off just to see what was inside and there was some nasty brownish resin in there, cleaned it out and put the screen back in,I wonder hows it gonna look in a month!I was also wondering how to clean under the metal thing that keeps the screen in place :ninja:

stop_the_lies,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
stop_the_lies said:
DevoTheStrange said:
Yea I guess that's it,my dealer just got arrested two weeks ago and he had some really good skunk:( gotta find another one
btw i took the screen off just to see what was inside and there was some nasty brownish resin in there, cleaned it out and put the screen back in,I wonder hows it gonna look in a month!I was also wondering how to clean under the metal thing that keeps the screen in place :ninja:
Usually I will keep that brown stuff that is under the screen. That isn't resin, but condensed THC oil... well unless you cause combustion, then there will be a tiny bit of resin in there. I usually will scrape that stuff out and save it so I can revape it later.
Usually I use a pick of some sort to collect all the build up... then after I collect everything I can, I will use a pipe cleaner with that I dipped in a bit of isopropyl alcohol. That usually gets everything out.

DevoTheStrange,

stop_the_lies

Stoned Student
DevoTheStrange said:
stop_the_lies said:
DevoTheStrange said:
Usually I will keep that brown stuff that is under the screen. That isn't resin, but condensed THC oil... well unless you cause combustion, then there will be a tiny bit of resin in there. I usually will scrape that stuff out and save it so I can revape it later.
Usually I use a pick of some sort to collect all the build up... then after I collect everything I can, I will use a pipe cleaner with that I dipped in a bit of isopropyl alcohol. That usually gets everything out.
Ok,im surely gonna do that.
So today I met with some friends and I told them about the vg. I had it there so my friend had some really good weed to use it with.I was outside so I used a torch lighter i bought for 1 euro and man! it hit me really hard!!.I kinda burnt a little bit of the weed,since I couldnt see the flame(luckly it wasnt mine :ninja: )
My friend tried but gave up and stuck the weed in an awesome chillum pipe!
I only had that one hit and Im still stoned after 2.30 hours :p
So I see that thanks to the genie you can really tell how good the weed is.
I'm seeing great thigs with this!

stop_the_lies,

shotgunwilly

the way ive been working the bat is with a candle flame (its actually an old jet light that lost its jet...but its a nice hot blue flame) i hold it so the hole is at a 45 degree angle facing downwards, that way it catches the heat of the flame... i hold the flame right at the holes opening... i suck at a medium draw...that is a little stronger than of what i would if i was just breathing normally, with the flame hole, it make a little rush noise... i draw for approx 5-8 seconds...then pull away the lighter and keep drawing plain air for a second or two.... in that time, i can usually start feeling the temperature of my draw increasing, i keep alternating the heat until i finish my inhale... with that method, im getting at least 6 big hits, i mean hits that you think you are combusting, but it isnt....(its also extreme quality herb from a dispensary) i also stir the herb every couple of hits and gently tap it down...(just enough for it to "set" and not move up against the ceramic heating disk...but enough to allow for the air to go thru easily) oh, i also fill the bowls approximately 3/4 full and its ground fine and put it in loose....(again, barely tapped down so it wont fall against the disc when im hitting it) ive experimented with different style lighters... so far i found that a hot lazy blue flame works best, (1" flame length) followed by a bic flame... i find the regular yellow style candle flame takes longer for it to heat up, and definitely more work... jet flames do work, but not very well...they seem to heat up the outside and arent extremely efficient at heating the disc, very difficult to control and it got the bat too hot too quick... problem holding it in my hand then... on the draws i go until i get to a point that i am applying a lot of heat but not getting any more vapor, the herb is usually med to dark brown by that point....again, usually great 6-10 hits... but what a great vaporizer for the price... once you get it down... magic!

shotgunwilly,
Top Bottom