VaporGenie

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
AGBeer said:
I am going by my experiences between a dedicated torch user (me) and a dedicated Bic user (my buddy).
Of course I cant say with absolute certainty that ALL impurities are burned out, but as long as you arent hitting the torch in the wind, you are pretty good (at least by my standards - and I too puff often)

I vakedly came into this post as well to curse/praise you Stu for giving me the visual of how the SS VG Coil sits in a 14mm downstem :o
I had just transitioned back to my MFLB as the daily driver (the SS VG was getting boring) and I had heard of how well it works with glass but wasnt in any hurry to try it myself. That changed tonight...

Hitting the SS Coil in the bong is nostalgic as fuck and brought me right back to the days of SMOKING a bong. Talk about an inexpensive alternative for most of the cheap ass stubborn ass comBUSTERS of friends that I have ;) I know what Im getting folks this Xmas :D

I'm glad I helped you with your xmas shopping. :cool:

I agree about the bong-hitting nostalgia. It just works so damn well in a bong/bubbler. For the price you really can't touch the hits you get with this thing through glass.

And apparently it makes a good stocking-stuffer. :lol:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You guys should try a Vapo Bowl, it's like half the price of the coil & glass on glass.

Curious about this one as well though..damned..

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The Vapo Bowl is 17 bucks?

By the way, AG Beer: that bubbler in the picture is actually an 18.8mm downstem. The good news is that the VG Coil also fits the 14mm as well. One size fits all. :D

Stu,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
My HC doesn't get very hot compared to the classic, I have never burned myself with it or had a heat shake.

paytonpenn,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I just took a hit, it stung while I was holding. Poor back of mouth. How much vapor do you exhale Autotune?

paytonpenn,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Stu said:
The Vapo Bowl is 17 bucks?

By the way, AG Beer: that bubbler in the picture is actually an 18.8mm downstem. The good news is that the VG Coil also fits the 14mm as well. One size fits all. :D

I payed 15 euro's for my glass one (it comes in 14,4 and 18,8mm versions), & 6 euro's for the metal one (which doesn't have the GG connection but a thread so you can screw it on to a metal downstem). Worth every cent imo. The Vapocane is suppose to be even better but I haven't tried that one out myself yet (I hope to receive mine before the weekend, but it might not make it here in time), it is a little more expensive at 50 euro's though.

OhTheAgony,

Autotune

paytonpenn said:
I just took a hit, it stung while I was holding. Poor back of mouth. How much vapor do you exhale Autotune?
Depends on when. Earlier quite large clouds, later smaller levels, best seen with a desklamp. Using my tongue to cool the vapor is helping.

Autotune,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Autotune said:
paytonpenn said:
Depends on when. Earlier quite large clouds, later smaller levels, best seen with a desklamp. Using my tongue to cool the vapor is helping.

You are doing all of the 'correct' things to maximize your experience :D

Now to help with the 'lung heat' issue - try the small bong/waterpipe addition. This definitely makes a HUGE difference especially when hitting the VG and just makes it FUN! :brow: I cant say enough about this 'new' trick I finally tried the other night. It does make getting bigger hits a bit more pleasurable.

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm gonna have to retract my recommendations for the glass Vapo Bowl, I'm sorry guys.

If anyone's interested in the why, please read my last 8 posts on the last page of the GVB thread: GVB

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No, nor have I ever tried one. I only have what's in my signature.

I have considered buying one -or actually, I still am-, but the one I want (glass sherlock) has to be shipped in from the USA, which ads to the price with shipping costs and customs- & tax fees, plus I have to admit I still have some doubts about the safety of the ceramic filter icw a torch lighter, which is all I will use. Still going back and forth I guess. Why?

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Truth be told, the 'meat' of the torch flame is a ways away from the stone itself. It doesnt take much heat to vape with a micro torch. And if you look at the stone 'cleaning' videos they are using heavy duty torches and getting the stone red hot. It goes back to normal yaddy yadda... But if you are using a micro torch from the git go chances are you will have no reason to remove the stone to 'clean' it. Using a lighter you most definitely will.

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks AG, that is somewhat reassuring. I'm probably to curious about these not to try one anyway. Perhaps I'll try the coil first since it's a lot cheaper & quicker to get for a European.

Doesn't it start degenerate over time though? I'm mostly worried that it ends up crumbling in my AVB.

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I can see your concern about the durability of this pipe, but its not a *huge* issue - nothing near the level of care that you much exercise with glass.

The coils are very tight and yes the pipe *does* have some flexibility but normal use doesnt hurt it in the slightest. I have had people stretch it to the point of where the top came off (instead of unscrewing it), I have had people bend/flex it until the ABV/herb came out from in between the coils. Neither has caused any noticeable blemishes on my coil (its much more durable than I initially gave it credit as well too)

I think my only real fear with this pipe is if it gets stepped on. Sure it might not render it useless, but its the only stress test I havent managed to be unlucky enough to have to try. ;)

For the $$$ and for the versatility this pipe offers, I think you will be very pleasantly surprised :D

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I was actually worried about the durability of the filter, not so much about the pipe. But it's still good info, thanks again AG :)

OhTheAgony,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think they say as long as you dont step on it you should be good. Im sure it would chip if dropped, but like I said - if you use it with the correct tools to begin with *cough*microtorch*cough* you shouldnt have any reason to have to disassemble the top portion of the pipe. (At least I havent) - No flint dust, no soot = clean top. I may have to soak the bottom one day but the top should stay relatively clean. (I DO on occasion use a lighter when cases warrant it) :D

Here is a crappy vid I just shot of using it with a bong - take a look at my flame placement if you can. This is about how you will want it, plus this pipe does give you the option to raise/lower the bowl from the filter. (Sort of)

I cant say enough good things about this pipe :)

Sorry about the crappy quality, I shot it with my cell phone.

AGBeer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
AGBeer, have you ever combusted using the micro torch? I tried using a torch just once (I combusted immediately :( ). I'm sure I had the flame too close, but I gave up and went back to using my bic.

:peace:

Stu,

SD_haze

i've never combusted using a torch with the coil,

if you start far enough and just slowly inch in, you can get a good idea where the right distance is.
just factor in the fact that the heat curves up a bit for smaller flames

i like the torch with the classic and the bats but with the coil i find it easier to just use a regular lighter.
basically i dont like pointing a torch lighter at my face
:ko:

SD_haze,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Stu said:
AGBeer, have you ever combusted using the micro torch? I tried using a torch just once (I combusted immediately :( ). I'm sure I had the flame too close, but I gave up and went back to using my bic.

:peace:

Oh of course I have! :D It DID/does take a bit of getting used to, and there does tend to be a dark(er) spot on the pack (especially when bonging) but you eventually get the feel for how warm it should be. Plus, the hugest difference between this pipe and the classic is the distance of the stone from the flame intake hole. I do also find it easier to use the torch if I am not in direct light as I can see the auroras of the flame are more visible. Plus, you need less 'flame' to be able to suck off the heat. Its usually pretty far from my face when not bonging it.

I will say that I tend to find myself stirring between hits (but I am OCD like that) A good shake if not packed too tightly helps too.

Dooooooeeeet! You know you want to! :p

AGBeer,
Well I went ahead and ordered the SS coil for $34. I want to be able to vape through the bong and not have to jimmy rig anything like tubes and Stu's method there looks awesome. Plus for $34 you can't really go wrong.

VapeNStone,

darkrom

Great Scott!
High five VapeNStone I just ordered mine today too. I ordered their "colorflame" lighter from puffitup.com with it.

They called it a torch style lighter...is this good enough to minimize inhaling nasties?

darkrom,
darkrom said:
High five VapeNStone I just ordered mine today too. I ordered their "colorflame" lighter from puffitup.com with it.

They called it a torch style lighter...is this good enough to minimize inhaling nasties?
IDK I sold my old vaporgenie because the butane was harsh on my throat. I am hoping the addition of water will get rid of that because I find it easier to use a regular flame lighter versus the torch.

VapeNStone,

darkrom

Great Scott!
VapeNStone said:
darkrom said:

IDK I sold my old vaporgenie because the butane was harsh on my throat. I am hoping the addition of water will get rid of that because I find it easier to use a regular flame lighter versus the torch.

Is there anyone who uses the coil without water filtration lol? I got it as a portable since I don't have any glass besides my aqua vape which I use with the underdog. Now I don't know which style of lighter I'll prefer, but I'll figure it out.

darkrom,
Top Bottom