VaporGenie

Autotune

MrKuter said:
Guys Im completely new to vaaping. Is this a good easy started vaap? Does this thing really count as vaaping, just seems like smoking. Thanx
Its my first, and the learning curve wasn't terribly difficult (especially if you read this entire thread). Took exactly two of these tiny stingy bowls to get major rips. I highly recommend it.

Autotune,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
MrKuter said:
Guys Im completely new to vaaping. Is this a good easy started vaap? Does this thing really count as vaaping, just seems like smoking. Thanx

Taste, and the 'look' of your herbs is your friend. I can tell EVERY time someone accidentally combusts when using my VG (or when I do too) It has that 'burned' (popcorn) smell/taste. And alot of times when I experience that nowdays I can unscrew the top and see a tiny 'burn spot'. (Although this is rare now)

When you get the technique of this pipe down pat without combustion, your hits will look like lungbusting 'smoke' hits. Its all about the teq and taste.

AGBeer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Does a burned spot really qualify as combustion? I get those all the time with my Vapo Bowls, sometimes I scorch the whole top layer of my bowl if I'm overly enthusiastic with the torch on the last few hits. I thought it was ok as long as nothing turns to ashes?

OhTheAgony,

SD_haze

OhTheAgony said:
Does a burned spot really qualify as combustion? I get those all the time with my Vapo Bowls, sometimes I scorch the whole top layer of my bowl if I'm overly enthusiastic with the torch on the last few hits. I thought it was ok as long as nothing turns to ashes?

No, *technically* scorching isn't combustion, but it isn't desirable for the same reasons.

SD_haze,
Agony, try using a larger flame and increasing the distance between it and the intake of the vapobowl. Try and feed in the hot air stream produced by the flame, not the visible jet flame itself. I've found that a big-ass flame is easier to work with than the small ones, and only scorch bowls once a blue moon.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I kinda do it on purpose to be honest, whenever I crave a hot smoke like hit to shut me up for a while. Vaping stuff dark used to taste terrible when I first started vaping, but I can't get enough of it now it seems :brow:

Luckily it's been a while since I combusted with mah V-bowls. I stopped doing that after combusting twice in one sesh, which meant cleaning the tube completely a total of 3 times that night. Oh the agony :lol:

OhTheAgony,
only reason why I stopped using flame based vaporizer. It is easy to get them to that high spectrum range but it soo easy to over do it. :lol:

biojuggernaut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
biojuggernaut said:
only reason why I stopped using flame based vaporizer. It is easy to get them to that high spectrum range but it soo easy to over do it. :lol:

If that's true you need to update your sign bro, or have you found another nifty way to heat up your Lotus & Eclipse? :cool:

OhTheAgony,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Finally got to the pictures..
IMG_0002.JPG

My bowl - Averages about 4-6 moderate vapor hits
IMG_0003.JPG

ABV bowl
IMG_0004.JPG

Not as pretty but slightly information, the ceramic filter and new octagonal fliter top, very deep down compared to my VG Classic from last year
IMG_0005.JPG

paytonpenn,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Quick video, I did cut it so it wasn't a 10 minute video. I kept getting distracted, music was added to reduce that awkward silence sound.

The video is me vaping the bowl in the pictures above, my room is the basement so lighting isn't the best and my window unfortunately looks out to the lively neighborhood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHkcQwDbIgQ

paytonpenn,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Can't decide between stainless or aluminum vapor genie bats. Also debating on trying the coil due to the attractive price.

Do any vendors offer a discount that I can use on these BTW?

I am not new to lighter based vapes, so I'm confident I can use them properly. I like stainless more than aluminum for a number of reasons, so lets say its down to the VG stainless bat or the coil. I think the bat is probably a better idea, but the coil has a better price and is interesting.

If someone here has a discount on the vg bat I'll probably place an order for the stainless one asap :)

darkrom,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
darkrom said:
Can't decide between stainless or aluminum vapor genie bats. Also debating on trying the coil due to the attractive price.

Do any vendors offer a discount that I can use on these BTW?

I am not new to lighter based vapes, so I'm confident I can use them properly. I like stainless more than aluminum for a number of reasons, so lets say its down to the VG stainless bat or the coil. I think the bat is probably a better idea, but the coil has a better price and is interesting.

If someone here has a discount on the vg bat I'll probably place an order for the stainless one asap :)
I bought my VG Coil from Randy @ Puffitup. I used FC discount code "FC-1" for a 15% discount which brought the price down to $34. I believe you can use the same code for other VG products as well.

I love my coil and for the money it's a steal. I mostly use it with my bubbler now and it just rocks me with big clouds (once I got the hang of it).

:peace:

Stu,

darkrom

Great Scott!
wow $34 for a coil is appealing but I'll see how much it is for stainless with that code. Thank you :)

I don't use a bong or bubbler only an aqua vape with my log vape, would you say that the bat is probably better or is there something cool about the coil that you like more?

Thanks.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Damn puffitup doesn't have the stainless bat only aluminum :(

I think I'd like the stainless bat the best, but if they can't sell me one with a discount I might have to cheap out and try the coil after all.

darkrom,

SD_haze

darkrom said:
Damn puffitup doesn't have the stainless bat only aluminum :(

I think I'd like the stainless bat the best, but if they can't sell me one with a discount I might have to cheap out and try the coil after all.

Have you considered the glass bat?
That's the newest one

For comparing all the different vaporgenies (there are a lot of little differences) VG has a really handy comparison chart
http://www.vaporgenie.com/VG-Product-Chart/vg-product-chart.html

So the coil does have advantages over the SS bat
If someone fucks up and gets soot on your SS filter, it cant be removed for easy cleaning like the coil

and the ss bat weighs 2x as much

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I haven't tried the VG bat, so I can't really comment. This is what I like to do with my VG Coil (I think it's cool, yes :cool: )

vgcoilwithlwbub.jpg

Stu,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I have them checking on the stainless bat to see if I can order it from them. No one will fuck up besides me since no one will use it besides me, and if I fuck up it would be a slight accident because I've used these before. I hope to not fuck up but that may be unrealistic.

Do you guys worry about the vapor being unhealthy compared to other styles of vapes? Even on their site it says the vapor won't be as clean because of the flame :( That is really bumming me out quite a bit.

I appreciate all the help!

darkrom,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
dam that pic is nice. i'm really interested in this piece but holding off atm, still deciding to go for this or a glass type.

ilovebOObs,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
darkrom said:
I have them checking on the stainless bat to see if I can order it from them. No one will fuck up besides me since no one will use it besides me, and if I fuck up it would be a slight accident because I've used these before. I hope to not fuck up but that may be unrealistic.

Do you guys worry about the vapor being unhealthy compared to other styles of vapes? Even on their site it says the vapor won't be as clean because of the flame :( That is really bumming me out quite a bit.

This is exactly why I went the micro torch route. Your fuel is burned more completely than with a Bic and it wont cause soot stains all over the VG. (Plus you dont get the flint dust etc)
Get a hotter burning flame so all of these 'impurities' are burned before they get to your airpath :D

AGBeer,

darkrom

Great Scott!
AGBeer said:
darkrom said:

This is exactly why I went the micro torch route. Your fuel is burned more completely than with a Bic and it wont cause soot stains all over the VG. (Plus you dont get the flint dust etc)
Get a hotter burning flame so all of these 'impurities' are burned before they get to your airpath :D

Are you sure ALL of the impurities are burned out? I vape several times every day, so I think it is fair to be more picky about how I vape than the regular user.

darkrom,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I am going by my experiences between a dedicated torch user (me) and a dedicated Bic user (my buddy).
Of course I cant say with absolute certainty that ALL impurities are burned out, but as long as you arent hitting the torch in the wind, you are pretty good (at least by my standards - and I too puff often)

I vakedly came into this post as well to curse/praise you Stu for giving me the visual of how the SS VG Coil sits in a 14mm downstem :o
I had just transitioned back to my MFLB as the daily driver (the SS VG was getting boring) and I had heard of how well it works with glass but wasnt in any hurry to try it myself. That changed tonight...

Hitting the SS Coil in the bong is nostalgic as fuck and brought me right back to the days of SMOKING a bong. Talk about an inexpensive alternative for most of the cheap ass stubborn ass comBUSTERS of friends that I have ;) I know what Im getting folks this Xmas :D

AGBeer,
Top Bottom