VaporGenie

ben1234

Yeah Ive been trying to keep the flame from going to far into the top, but I think I could go a little bit further next time.

ben1234,

lwien

ben1234 said:
Yeah Ive been trying to keep the flame from going to far into the top, but I think I could go a little bit further next time.
Shouldn't have to go in any more than about an eighth of an inch. If you see any black spots on that gray filter, you'll know you've let the flame go down to far.

lwien,

ben1234

Yeah I know, Ive just been a little too careful and I havent really let it go into the top at all.

The mouthpiece is loose enough to spin around freely, but it really isnt a big deal I guess.

ben1234,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
max said:
Beeline/beeswax IS better than a regular Petroleum-based candle, which produces soot. Soy candles are also good-no carbon/soot produced. But I don't know if this type of thing would work well with the Genie, as far as ease of use. Lighting a joint and fueling a Genie hit are very different procedures.
i would think it works fine, as vaporgenie themselves now carry and reccommend a wax wick type lighter to those who are sensitive to the butane taste https://www.vaporgenie.com/index.php/All-Products/I-Tal-Hemp-Wick-Lighter/flypage02-atts.tpl.html

Acolyte of Zinglon,

lwien

ben1234 said:
The mouthpiece is loose enough to spin around freely, but it really isnt a big deal I
guess.
Shouldn't spin around too freely. A lot of people just take it out and find that it works better for them. I like leaving mine on.

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
i would think it works fine, as vaporgenie themselves now carry and reccommend a wax wick type lighter to those who are sensitive to the butane taste
Yeah I picked up a 15ft bundle with my VaporGenie order (should arrive in a day or two).

$3 for 15ft, I'll be curious how fast it burns, but I definitely like that idea.

Chubba,

ben1234

lwien said:
ben1234 said:
The mouthpiece is loose enough to spin around freely, but it really isnt a big deal I
guess.
Shouldn't spin around too freely. A lot of people just take it out and find that it works better for them. I like leaving mine on.
Yeah I dunno, I cant tell if its the mouth piece or the actual pipe because it wiggles when its fully pushed in. Beats me.

ben1234,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Chubba said:
Yeah I picked up a 15ft bundle with my VaporGenie order
Oh..they do sell thin/thick versions of bee-line...obviously one has a larger flame ;)

I'm planning on picking up a thick-wick spool of bee-line...will suite my VG uses well

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Just got my Vapor Genie an hour ago.

WOW, what a great product.

I've had 2 bowls (1 really small, 1 full) and I'm completely baked, probably haven't even had 0.2g.

Bowls are coming out dry and brown with maybe 5% black, hits are smooth and cool but the big ones are making me cough.

Great :)

I'm not convinced about the smell since I'm in my room, probably too high.

Chubba,

owin

I just bought a vapor genie about 2 hours ago. Just finished breaking it in. Took a couple tries to get the hang of it but once i got the hang of it it was great. Bought this for a camping trip since i couldn't really take my DBV with me. Going to be perfect. Definitely recommend this for the money.

owin,

NoSmoke

owin said:
I just bought a vapor genie about 2 hours ago. Just finished breaking it in. Took a couple tries to get the hang of it but once i got the hang of it it was great. Bought this for a camping trip since i couldn't really take my DBV with me. Going to be perfect. Definitely recommend this for the money.
Well you can take mr DBV with if you got a car and an inverter heheheh. So much fun to blow huge vapor clouds in your car, have fun camping!

NoSmoke,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I'm still "out" on the Vaporgenie and vaporizing in general.

I think it's because I started off with a large tolerance (went directly from a 3g day smoking habit).

I don't quite know if I'm going too far, sometimes the herb turns REALLY dark brown (but no black), these are the only real "visible" hits and sometimes make me cough. I can get ~2 of these per bowl.

I seemed to be getting very high, but it doesn't seem to last for as long and multiple smoking sessions throughout the day seemed to do little to "keep" me high.

I'm still working on my technique (already killed 1 full Bic lighter so far), but I'm having a hard time judging WHEN to raise the lighter/finish the hit... I've tried taking "puffs" mid hit and sometimes I can start to taste the popcorn then I lift the lighter and pull resulting in a decent hit, but I definitely lose a shitload of vapor "puffing"... it's no tobacco pipe, can't have that sidestream smoke (vapor) float off everytime I want a hit.

One thing that HAS NOT let me down is the smell! For the first time in ~5 years I got stoned in my bedroom at night, this thing produces practically zero smell, I don't even use a fan or air fresh, blow it into the middle of the room for all I care... nobody is none the wiser, no lingering smell at all.

I think IMO I need a tolerance break, even for a day or two... plus I need to get some bigger hits off the genie.

I did manage to do 6 hours of good study for my mid semester exams and train 50km (30miles?) on my bike while vaped... NEVER done that after smoking.

Chubba,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That's funny, chubba! I know what you mean about the vape high making you more active. I have been known to often vape when I am tired and need a pick me up.

Have you read this whole thread? There are some great tips in here that got me started off right.

3g's a day will make it harder to get high, that's for sure...a break would probably do wonders in that department.

I would think that if the VG is your only vape, and if you have never tried another vape, you may have a hard time distinguishing between the vapor and the smoke with the VG...they can tend to mingle if you are new to it.

stickstones,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Yeah I've read the whole thread, I have no problem getting it to vape temperature, I just can't tell when it's AT the temp... I'm concentrating VERY hard on the temperature/feel/taste of what I'm inhaling but I can't seem to work out a system. I am definitely getting some smoke on the bigger hits, but not much.

Yeah it's my first vape, it was purely a purchase to hold me over, I have zero intention of using it at home after the whip arrived. I ordered a black SSV yesterday :D Standard international shipping though is completely fail so it could be weeks. I wish they had express options, hate $300+ USD of vape floating around with a $10 postage tag.

I definitely need to take a solid tolerance break before I can really judge the "high", in my post when I first got the VG, I was baked as fuck off 2 bowls... so perhaps I just don't realise I'm high.

Got to remember though not only for the past 10 years have I smoked cannabis, but it's been 50/50 with tobacco (despite myself not being a tobacco smoker). Even when you comapred combusted straight cannabis to cannabis/tobacco there's a MASSIVE difference in the high, tobacco just knocks you on your ass.

So I expected the vape high to be "missing" (bad choice of words) something from my regular smoking habits.

It's all good, just sorting it out :ninja:

Chubba,

owin

NoSmoke said:
owin said:
Well you can take mr DBV with if you got a car and an inverter heheheh. So much fun to blow huge vapor clouds in your car, have fun camping!
yeah i thought about doing that. i love my dbv and would love to bring it a long but we plan on doing some kayaking and just adventuring far away from the car so i though vapor genie would be perfect for that.

owin,

lwien

owin said:
yeah i thought about doing that. i love my dbv and would love to bring it a long but we plan on doing some kayaking and just adventuring far away from the car so i though vapor genie would be perfect for that.
It will be, unless it's windy. If wind is a concern, check out the Vapman.

lwien,

streetsofsurrey

I finally have decided to clean my genie because it was full of resin and the vapor I was inhaling, was a bit nasty.

So, I took the top off, and I ran boiling water through it for five minutes. I then let it dry for couple of hours. I also blew through the filter with my mouth a couple of times just to pass the water through the filter.

Now, for the bottom piece. I used rubbing alcohol to soak the stainless screen, the steel bowl, and nothing else. I avoided using rubbing alcohol on the wood because its bad for it. So, I grabbed some cotton swab and I removed the resin from the bowl. So it took me like 30 minutes to real clean the bowl.

Remember, I didn't put water inside the pipe. I just used rubbing alcohol to clean the bowl.

So yeah, after letting it dry for couple of hours, I have decided to use it. Now, it's not working any more. I mean I can still get a puff but it's really small. I am not getting that much high any more.

There still could be soot on the top but I guess I have to try a bit harder of getting rid of the soot. May I should use a torch lighter to get rid of the soot because I have heard that it's the best way to do that.

So yeah, pretty much I can't take any good hits any more even though the weed still turns brown after a couple of hits. but it's just that its much different than it was before and it seems a bit worse. I don't think the device is working properly. Sometimes, vape doesn't even come out or anything.

ps i still use a bic lighter.

Anyways, let me know if have any advice on this.

I bought this from a head shop from a year ago but I don't have the receipt. I don't think they will fix it without the receipt. However, I heard that the company (vaporgenie.com) is real nice to it's customer and that they are very useful.

streetsofsurrey,

streetsofsurrey

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
try running a pipe cleaner through the bottom, you may have blocked the hole while you were cleaning it
i don't own a pipe cleaning set. I think i should use a tooth pick or something.

streetsofsurrey,

lwien

Also keep in mind that VaporGenie recommends NOT to clean routinely clean the filter, but only do so if you can see a lot of black soot deposits.

Are there still a lot of black spots on your filter after running boiling water thru it?

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Also keep in mind that VaporGenie recommends NOT to clean routinely clean the filter, but only do so if you can see a lot of black soot deposits.
My lighter always seems to go in the same direction and there's a decent buildup of black soot over maybe 10 - 15% of the filter, this is only after a few days.

Is this causing any damage? It hits really good and it's just on the rim of the ceramic, I don't touch the lighter to the filter, it just seemed to make it's way down there.

Chubba,

lwien

Chubba said:
My lighter always seems to go in the same direction and there's a decent buildup of black soot over maybe 10 - 15% of the filter, this is only after a few days.

Is this causing any damage? It hits really good and it's just on the rim of the ceramic, I don't touch the lighter to the filter, it just seemed to make it's way down there.
Don't suck so hard. The flame should not dip more than about an eighth of an inch below the rim.

Soot will not damage the filter, it'll just clog it up, but if it's still hitting good, and it's only covering 10 to 15% of the filter, you're still good to go. No need to pour boiling water down it. As a matter of fact, over time, the small amount of soot deposits that you have will eventually burn off, that is, as long as you don't keep adding new ones. You really don't want to clean that filter unless you really have to.

lwien,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I believe the initial small soot spot is due to one or two bad hits RIGHT when I first got the VG.

So long as it isn't doing irreversible damage, I'm happy.

At least the bowl is in good shape, give it a whack while hot and 99.9% of stuff comes out instantly, smoked 15g through it so far without a single hitch.

Plus I'm finally getting used to hitting it! 3 - 5 visible vapor hits per bowl coming out a nice brown (darkish).

Chubba,
Top Bottom