VaporGenie

lwien

Chubba said:
I believe the initial small soot spot is due to one or two bad hits RIGHT when I first got the VG.
Yup. I did the same thing. Just part of the learning process.

lwien,

Loarun

My recent work with the genie.

For those who don't really have any glass that would work,
and want to try the cool vapor experience i recommend this highly :)

Fast cheap and easy.
I used a water bottle
A fat straw from boba, bubble, milk tea Asian drink
Its amazing if you have never had it.
boba_tea.jpg

and some puddy for sealing.

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

It is not ideal but it gets the cool vapor into my lungs... all i can ask for :D

Loarun,

lwien

Man, I have a hard enough of a time controlling the hit just thru the pipe. Couldn't imagine trying to do it thru that.

lwien,

Loarun

That is what i thought when i first looked at it :lol:

but then i tried a few hits and
IMG_0337.jpg

Loarun,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Big difference between normal hits and water cooled?

My VG is pretty smooth atm, I'm quite addicted to bubble tea, might be something worthwhile for a mess around.

Chubba,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i need to get a mteal bowl/slife for mine, i was hitting it all weekend with pd duff and it made my lungs feel like crap, prolly too high of a temp because i was revaping

i sure hope it doenst have that effect on me with fresh bud

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Loarun

Chubba said:
Big difference between normal hits and water cooled?

My VG is pretty smooth atm, I'm quite addicted to bubble tea, might be something worthwhile for a mess around.
I find small to medium hits out of the vg do not bother my throat at all.

But in big hits the combo of the hot air and the large amount of vapor in my throat causes irritation.:uhoh:

I find with this cheap bong i can take massive hits without the irritation because of the lack of heat.

So if you are like me it will make a big difference for the larger hits

AoZ I have confidence in saying that it will be fine with water cooling/fresh bud :)

Loarun,

dudewhodidstuff

max said:
Just saw this thing on their website, looks cool.

I would order it but I need mine a little more durable to take hiking/backpacking/kayaking etc, so I think I will go with the exotic wood, but I would love to hear what people have to say about this one. Anybody order it yet? I might have to get both...

dudewhodidstuff,

aterphasma

Wooo! I got my VG yesterday and it rocks! First vape, so I'm already feeling the benefit to my throat. I tried smoking a bit (was a small circle and a friend loaded) while also passing around the VG, but it just tasted horrible compared to vapor. This vape doesn't take that much in the way of learning curve: all of my friends picked it up easily and quickly.

Yeah, rambling a bit. :D Just want to say how happy I am with this little guy.

Cheers!

aterphasma,

runner

Basshead
So, what do you guys think about the glass genie? And the health effects of breathing in the release from the hemp wick?

runner,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Personally runner, I think unless you're a very patient or very light user the top part would just get too damn hot, just a hunch.

Even on the wooden one, after it's up to vape temp, certain parts get VERY hot, I can't be the only one here to drop parts of the pipe after accidently touching a piece of metal.

I don't have the glass genie, perhaps the design remains cool... but from the picture it looks VERY hot and breakable.

Chubba,

runner

Basshead
Yeah, I think I'm gonna end up getting the teak one. I still don't see VG selling a glass piece that gets too hot. There's gotta be a way for it to stay cool if there are glass bowls. I like the look of the teak anyway, the glass just seems to be more like a real piece, not a tobacco pipe. Also about the hemp/beeswax string, wouldn't a butane flame be cleaner as long as it burns blue? I just don't want to vaporize if I'm going to be breathing in harmful stuff....

runner,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Don't take my word for it, as far as I know nobody on FC has used a glass VG.

The wooden ones work great though :D

Chubba,

runner

Basshead
Yeah, I think I'll go teak. I still want someone to answer my hemp string vs butane question though.

runner,

lwien

runner said:
Yeah, I think I'll go teak. I still want someone to answer my hemp string vs butane question though.
It's more of a taste issue than a health issue.

lwien,

runner

Basshead
So hemp/beeswax string doesn't release anything harmful? The I-tal string says it releases smoke.

runner,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
runner said:
your all jumbled up huh :lol:

Like you I thought the hemp string would produce a 'cleaner' taste with my vapor genie...in fact it did the exact opposite.

First of all let me tell you that I LOVE hemp string for smoking up a bowl..not using it with my vaportizer tho. its true the hemp string burns cleaner than butane, but the small little hemp wick never gets a large enough flame to evenly heat your VG bowl.

When I used my hemp string to light my VG all it did was burn a black hole in the ceramic filter :uhoh: The string had to be placed so close to the genie bowl that it got all too hot in one spot. hovering the flame just doesn't work.

Butane lighters give the perfect amount of flame to cover a larger area of the bowl to provide an even vapor without burning the filter.

just a heads up ;)

...oh yea and torch lighters are a bitch to keep under control. the accuracy of your hit is WAY off. it can go from no vapor to smoke in a second. If you try it out just be careful

:peace:

runner said:
So hemp/beeswax string doesn't release anything harmful? The I-tal string says it releases smoke.
yes it does release a bit of 'fumes' into your bowl(when you smoke) but comparing it to a lighter is no contest at all. lighters spew out gasses...do you want gas covered green bowls? No you don't it makes smoking suck even more

NOTE: this comparison ^ is for smoking's sake...like I said in my original response to you, don't vape with hemp string

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
thanks bro...Seeing such good examples from fellow posters has helped me quite a bit. :)

You guys are vapor crazy just like I am. We wouldn't kno half of the stuff we already kno if we weren't a little crazy ;) thats how good info gets compiled.

Fuck the vape sections in other canna-forums...they are so mis-informed and filled with volcano love :mad: (sorry had to blurt that out)

ok to actually make this post worthwhile I'll add my :2c: If a user were to session their glass VG for more than two bowl loads it seems to me that the glass would become so unbearably hot that taking off the glass ceramic cover to stir the bowl would become near impossible!

see to me it looks like a failed design because having the bowl be MUCH larger than the original only means you need more heat...and you would need to stir it more frequently. :disgust: I can hear the stories flooding FC now "Well I went to pull off the bowl top to stir my greens when I suddenly realized how fucking hot the glass gets so I dropped the piece on my cement floor :( "

possibly they have designed the piece to keep stoner's fingers from being burnt to a crisp :lol: I'm not sure yet...no reviews.

Hennessy1414,

The_Algebraist

Hennessy1414 said:
they are so mis-informed and filled with volcano love :mad: (sorry had to blurt that out)
Let's fight! :lol:

Just sold my 'cano the ther day for a smooth $475 in cash on Craigslist! It's cool, and works great, but there are just so many more interesting options out there. VG here I cometh.

The_Algebraist,

lwien

Hennessy1414 said:
If a user were to session their glass VG for more than two bowl loads it seems to me that the glass would become so unbearably hot that taking off the glass ceramic cover to stir the bowl would become near impossible!

see to me it looks like a failed design because having the bowl be MUCH larger than the original only means you need more heat...and you would need to stir it more frequently. :disgust: I can hear the stories flooding FC now "Well I went to pull off the bowl top to stir my greens when I suddenly realized how fucking hot the glass gets so I dropped the piece on my cement floor :( "

possibly they have designed the piece to keep stoner's fingers from being burnt to a crisp :lol: I'm not sure yet...no reviews.

Quick mini-review: http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/382012-vaporgenie.html

lwien,
Top Bottom