VaporGenie

Jericho99

I got my standard yesterday and love that little biatch. It vapes very efficiently if used properly, and gets me extremely roasted off one good bowl(low tolerance). I end up using less than I do in my Warez. One of my favorite features is the ability to pack a bowl, pop it in my pocket, and have it all ready for later.

I wasn't able to afford their lighter and have been using bics, which work well enough. I can taste the butane, but I have gotten the technique down enough that I'm proud.

The only problem I have with the Genie is that it is an awkward shape. It isn't slim enough to put into a pocket without a bulge. I currently carry it within a little clothe bag with a lighter. It works well in a sweatshirt or coat pocket, but is a little too big for a pants pocket.

Jericho99,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^
That is why I opted for the exotic. It's a little bit more streamline and is inconspicuous in my pocket.

I was actually using it for a few hours last night, laying in bed listening to radio. It's such a lazy vape but works so well.

I own a VaporWarez too, and the VG was my 2nd vaporizer. It amazed me too how stoned I could get off such a small amount. :)

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
Jericho99 said:
I can taste the butane
Unless you're sucking on the lighter with the trigger depressed and no flame, you're not tasting butane. Butane can't escape flame any better than a cotton ball in a forest fire. You're tasting carbon/soot which is a by-product of a regular lighter. A torch lighter will eliminate that, but it's difficult to use with the Genie.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Keep working that technique and you won't be getting any soot, either. If you're getting that taste, you may want to clean the filter...maybe you've already got a lot of soot on it. It doesn't take much.

stickstones,

tradhead

Cheers, you guys are great, these threads have been incredibly valuable for me in getting the right vapes. After my II died, sniff, .. I decided never again was I gonna be vapeless, so after long threads of patient reading I bought a PD, A dabuddha, and a VG... so which was gonna turn up first? .... The VG... Im really not into combusting anymore so The VG was just for emergency's because of the risk of that. Well, its been a few days since I last vaped{ 293hours } so when it arrived, after a few hours waiting before the kids went to bed I just tried it... wow... didnt take me long to get a good thick cloud just followed instructions and lo and behold no signs of combustion... not gonna cane it tonight, Im saving my 00 for a special occasion.....

I got an exotic reduced because of a crack, 45 bucks.. crack hardly visible, purely cosmetic.. I do a bit of carving so the round bowl looks like a perfect blank... will post a pic when its done.

so which one's next? my bet the Buddha... Oh dear I just had a thought.. the PD is wood too... hmm I wonder..

tradhead,

josh

I just ordered one of the reduced price exotic vapes as well. For $45 you can't go wrong. And still comes with the lifetime warranty. This will be my second vape...the first one, a Vapir One 5.0, I purchased this past Saturday introduced me to the world of vaping and I am hooked. I am also going to be purchasing a Purple Days from Tom and Pammy. I think between the 3 all my bases are covered. Had I not been so impatient to start vaping once I finally did the research on it I would have just went with the PD and the VG. Too bad my local shop doesn't carry either.

josh,

gak hater

i got one of the teak exotics,i haven't had the chance putting it to use yet
i was too busy enjoying my new pd to even try it out..:lol:
i will try it out in the next day or two as long as my vrip set up
doesn't come thru before then.
so many new toys :D
damm this vape stuff is soo addicting :ko:

gak hater,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
VERY cool, tradhead...nice work! Thanks for the pics...got any of the 'crack' that made it a discount item?

stickstones,

tradhead

Well one crack is not another... but this is the 'crack' i got... stars sounding all dodgy eh? ! Fair play to the VG team for even noticing!.. the first knot i drew on the VG would have been better i think, it was only 1 line, while this is 2. so the whole know would have been visible...and easier , its still rough, will update when its tidy..

invisible eh.. if you right click and open you might be able 2 c it better

tradhead,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
I got my VG a couple of days ago and of course, I immediately tried it out. I wanted to use a jet-flame torch light I already have so I can get the technique down for outdoor use. Let me tell you, that is a steep learning curve! With the torch lighter, it is very difficult to control the heat without either ineffectively just warming the herb or blasting it into the combustion zone. Part of it is it is the torch flame is nearly invisible, it is tough to see where the flame is going and how close it is to the filter. Another part is the flame is so fricking hot that there is a very narrow sweet spot between ineffective warming and horrible, horrible combustion. I switched to a regular flame lighter and was drawing good vapor after a couple of tries. That was definitely way easier. Great vaporizer for when one is walking or biking through the woods, or waiting at a bus stop, etc where there is no separate power.

Phaang,

lwien

Just got my VG yesterday and I'm SOOOO happy that I read all the posts here about it regarding how to properly use it. The ONLY learning curve for me was reading these threads. Success from the very first bowl. No combustion at all.

Lots of tips here but I'll reiterate a few that worked VERY well for me:

Don't use a torch lighter (explained very well by Phaang)
Don't suck the flame into the bowl any further than about an eighth of an inch...........ever.
Take a few puffs like you would off of a cigarette or sucking a thick milk shake thru a straw to help heat up the filter (don't worry about losing any vapor. There won't be any if you keep these puffs to just a few).
After those few puffs, start doing a very slow, consistent lung inhale. When you first start to feel the vapor in your mouth, pull the flame away and hit it hard.
Hold, exhale and enjoy.

This is my very first vape and I REALLY like it.............:)

ps
After the first hit, there is no need to do those pre-puffs anymore as the filter has already been preheated, unless you take 5 minutes between hits.

max

Out to lunch
Yeah, a torch lighter is difficult to use with the Genie/Vaporstar type vapes. Also, from the Genie site:

"We recommend using an electronic ignition lighter, instead of a conventional flint lighter. Electronic ignition lighters do not produce flint dust, which we believe is somewhat toxic."

max,

lwien

Yup. Go to their site and check out the SECOND set of Vector lighters. That lighter (think it's called the Elio), has a horizontal flame that would be ideal to use with the Genie.

Off to the smoke shop to get one of those as we speak.........

lwien,

gak hater

i finally took my teak out and gave it a try :cool:
it took a little getting used to:/
after the 3rd bowl i think i have it down:ko:
it works ok after you figure out just how much heat you need
to get a good rip out of it without over doing it..
it does give some nice rips
i used a cricket lighter it worked fine for me

gak hater,

lwien

The thing that's nice about that horizontal Elio is that the top of the lighter doesn't burn your fingers from getting too hot like when you angle down a regular vertical flame lighter. Just a bit more convenient.

lwien,

doyoulikegreen

What about the smell from the vaporgenie? I've heard it is significantly less than smoking. Could you do it on the street, in a bathroom etc? lol

doyoulikegreen,

lwien

doyoulikegreen said:
What about the smell from the vaporgenie? I've heard it is significantly less than smoking. Could you do it on the street, in a bathroom etc? lol
It has a bit of a smell, but NOTHING like smoking.

And sure, you could do it on the street, but people may look at you kinda funny being that you have to hold the flame there for awhile......people will think you're hitting a crack pipe.:uhoh:

lwien,

doyoulikegreen

lwien said:
doyoulikegreen said:
It has a bit of a smell, but NOTHING like smoking.

And sure, you could do it on the street, but people may look at you kinda funny being that you have to hold the flame there for awhile......people will think you're hitting a crack pipe.:uhoh:
:lol: maybe not the best idea then .

Thanks for the info. I've ordered mine and am just waiting for it to show up!

doyoulikegreen,

lwien

Yeah, it's my first vape and I like it a lot. Just read all the tips in this thread. It will really shorten the learning curve.

lwien,

sinenomine

I luuuv hitting the vg in bathrooms...probably not the smartest thing to do, but they usually have odor under control (cause its a bathroom), and its so quick and easy, just hit it and leave. I have done this in a very crowded movie theatre bathroom stall, and nobody suspects a thing! (specially cause it smells like popcorn already!):cool:

sinenomine,

lwien

sinenomine said:
I luuuv hitting the vg in bathrooms...probably not the smartest thing to do, but they usually have odor under control (cause its a bathroom), and its so quick and easy, just hit it and leave. I have done this in a very crowded movie theatre bathroom stall, and nobody suspects a thing! (specially cause it smells like popcorn already!):cool:
:lol: Yeah, in a bathroom, if they have the oder under control, or they don't have the oder under control, either way, the smell is gonna cover whatever is comin' outta that VG.

lwien,

doyoulikegreen

haha.. sounds great. The VG showed up today (amazingly fast shipping, I'm in Canada and I ordered it on the 24th of February!) I'll try it out later let you know how it goes. Can't do it now, I gotta drive a school bus and I'm not quite up to "Otto" standards yet :lol:

doyoulikegreen,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
theyre making the hand carved ones with walnut now too! :D
handcarved_2walnuts_49a5f4a95f0c8.jpg

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom