Vaporbrothers VB2

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Vitolo, Oct 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. lazylightning

lazylightning It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

Thank you so much for all the information! On average I've been replacing 2-3 heaters per week so I'd certainly welcome any improvements in heater longevity. I'll continue sharing any observations since I seem to be going through heaters faster than anyone else on the forum.

vaporbrothers likes this.
  2. Cannabis Connoisseur

Cannabis Connoisseur I LOVE LIFE

Did my first heater replacement yesterday took 10min with me taking my time being very precise! Wow I have an entirely new outlook and respect for the VB2!!! The thing is practically 90% GLASS! I don't know why i never realized the entire body is Glass!! @vaporbrothers May I suggest that you all send out a couple(more than one) heater replacement. It would kick ass to able to have it back up running in a couple of minutes! Then once i install my last heater i can request a back-up and have it by the time the next fails!

3. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Waiting for 130 vaporizers to be returned to us by the Police Department.
    They have an order from the Judge to give our property ALL back.
    In the meanwhile I am lucky to have a VB2 to use in the meanwhile.
    I get the best dab action of any person I know! (except for those who visit me.)
    Here is an oldie but goody:
    Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  4. Cannabis Connoisseur

Cannabis Connoisseur I LOVE LIFE

Using mine Right now Brother

Vitolo likes this.
  5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

This is the process I went through to create "Volcano Reclaim Shatter".
    Some of these images were posted in the Share that dab stash thread, and some in the Volcano thread...
    ... it is the process I followed from step 1 through the end, where I hold the Volcano Reclaim Shatter you see
    I let it sit and cure a week longer, and I have some hard delicious Volcano Shatter.....
    My problem now was which tool would be the optimal tool to use for the consumption of this rarity.
    I decided upon my VB2 Concentrate Converter.
    Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  6. vaporbrothers

vaporbrothers Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Thanks to everybody who's supported us. @Vitolo your videos helps people so much!

News.... If yall would like to see VB2's successor it is VB2.5

VB2 still has its merits- clean white ceramic heater, designed to be on forever without overheating (you can get your auto-off modified or disabled during service), works in a car drawing only about 150W. The VB2's main issue is the ability of the ceramic heater to withstand cracking at the temperatures we demand of it.

VB2.5 is a monster, controls its temp precisely with a thermocouple, takes only 30 sec to heat to full power. The heater is indestructible Silicone Nitride. You just have to deal with the fact it draws 700W, is not able to stay on more than 10 min at a time, costs more.

We build VB2 and 2.5 only to order now. Focusing as a company on new FDA concerns and our long term survival despite record amounts of cheapstuff smashing the market. Luckily, our primary product (vapor box) should be grandfathered by the FDA and will never be challenged as a "tobacco device."

t-dub, jpdnkstr, Adobewan and 3 others like this.
  7. lazylightning

I'm curious how many people are waiting on warranty repairs for the VB2 right now. Vapor Brothers received my returned unit 5 weeks ago and I still have no idea as to when it might be returned to me.

Over the weeks, Linus has given me a couple time estimates that have come and gone. Apparently they are struggling financially and lost the lease on their old shop. Linus said that building high performance machines like the VB2 has drained their funds to zero. Now they are renting something like a storage unit and setting up shop again.

A few weeks ago Linus mentioned that they would be setting up the VB1 production before they started on my warranty repair. Now he is saying he'll do my warranty repair first, but he has no time estimates for me after 5 weeks of waiting. I guess they are still setting up the storage unit shop.

I was patient for the first few weeks, but when I keep getting put off and don't get responses to my emails when promised it really starts to get upsetting. The VB2 is an expensive machine and I'm a paying customer. I rely on my VB2 for pain relief and expect timely warranty repair when it is necessary. If I were running the company I'd make sure to take care of my paying customers. If necessary, I'd do repairs on a desk in someone's house instead of having my customers wait a couple months for a whole new shop to be set up.

t-dub likes this.
  8. jhartbarger

jhartbarger Member

They have my VB2.5 and I am waiting on heater replacements for 2 of my VB2's. They as of two weeks ago I was told finally got setup and were setting up the new repair area, station, etc.

Be patient they have been around a LONG time and you don't sustain that longevity by shafting your customers and sometimes we all stumble but I believe they bounce back and we will all get our gear back working soon.

9. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Be patient.
    Linus is on the job!

Melting Pot and t-dub like this.
  10. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Wishing @vaporbrothers all the best getting relocated and back in action . . . :tup:

11. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Me too.
    @vaporbrothers has worked hard, and stayed true to his ideal.
    He deserves great recognition and support.
    The products are all superior, and well backed.

t-dub and jpdnkstr like this.
  12. lazylightning

Well, I did get my VB2 back after 5 weeks of waiting. I didn't realize how much I'd come to rely on it for pain management. It lasted for 3 wonderful days and the heater died. Since no extra heaters were included I'm without a VB2 again. Seems like lots of patience is a prerequisite to VB2 ownership. Like the previous posts said, I have complete faith that if I wait long enough I'll have a working unit. I just wasn't counting on so many weeks of waiting on repairs every year when I purchased my unit. I probably would be more patient if I didn't rely on it for pain management.

13. vaporbrothers

vaporbrothers Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Hi all, thank you so much for your patience, I haven't gotten back to FC until now. I appreciate being looked after here, and appreciate the trust you're giving!

We have SO much going on- the company is needing to adapt to the new world- Yes, we moved workshops, and also downsized to bare bones. The reality with the FDA, dispensaries selling cheap shit, smoke shops closing and everyone moving to portable / pens means that we are going into a sort of hibernation. The other VB products that helped finance VB2 development are not sustaining the budget. We've had to stop any new VB2.0 production, and will make only a small amount of 2.5's when we can.

In the case of the member above, he is a hardcore VB2 user, and we know he relies on it.. A bunch of delays from rebuilding our workshop caused his repair an inordinate amount of time, along with engineering work and my own delays. I also wanted to put his vaporizer back on the test bench for more burn-in time since he has this insane burnout problem with his VB2.0 heaters, and his VB2.5 was showing wear. Several other VB2's with simpler issues were turned around quickly. So the time for future VB2 repairs might vary a lot.

A few VB2's are still waiting for the electrical engineer to come back, and if I'm right, @jhartbarger 's 2.5 is fixed and going out after I finish burning in a few extra 2.0 heaters for him to replace in VB2.0's at home.

So anyway, we will keep servicing VB2 customers as timely as possible, although turnaround time may vary a lot depending on the issue. I hope not to have any more delays on the level of @lazylightning. (much apologies)

-Linus

Vitolo and TeeJay1952 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors