1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaporbrothers VB2

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Vitolo, Oct 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. lazylightning

lazylightning It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

I'm a medical user too and not a flavor chaser. I mostly mentioned flavor because your original question was about flavor. I find that the lower temp dabs actually help with my pain more...perhaps because there are more terps which have been shown to be part of the "entourage effect". The higher temps dabs from the VB2 work too but burn the back of my throat. Not trying to dissuade you from the VB2, but these are things I wish I'd known before deciding on a VB2.

2. MileHighHuman

MileHighHuman Member

I 100% agree with the entourage effect so that is interesting and glad you brought it up. Ill have to experiment with it some before i come to a conclusion.

I just hate the slower vaporization process. Which is why i prefer "higher" temps.

And ive actually found the Sublimator to be much smoother on me than my enail. I always use high temps with the Sub. So maybe its something our lungs react to in the materials that the certain vaporizer uses?This is another reason why I've been looking into the VB. I already own the dnail sapphire dish which is extremely nice, but I'm also really curious now to if this is one step above?

lazylightning likes this.
  3. lazylightning

If you already own a dnail sapphire dish I doubt you'd experience the VB2 as an upgrade. It's a different sort of machine and was really designed for waxy extracts before dabbing became popular.

Another thing I should mention is the amount of reclaim through the VB2 vs my enail setup. I used the Vapor Brothers Inline Bubbler that fits right on top of the dome. After dabbing a couple grams of shatter, the bubbler would be totally brown with reclaim and require a thorough cleaning. With my enail I can run 10 grams through and have less reclaim than just 2 grams through the VB2. I think this may have to do with the hot temp dabs condensing more in the bubbler water.

As far as others experiencing the heater burnout issue, take a look through the earlier posts or search for "heater" in the forum. There are enough others who have had the same issues I did with the heater.

4. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

My VB2 units have auto shut-off at 20 minutes.
    You can go in and quickly turn it off and back on to keep it hot.
    Very rare for me to do that, unless I forget and walk away with no hit, while waiting (or get distracted)
    I try to stick within the 20 minutes, and then let 'er rest up till I am ready to go again.

MileHighHuman likes this.
  5. Cannabis Connoisseur

Cannabis Connoisseur I LOVE LIFE

@MileHighHuman I personally find my VB2 has a place in my arsenal as the HeavyWeight! Its a very, very temperamental machine. It reminds me of a Ferrari. Requires more serious maintenance than the average more regularly but, it out performs the average. I hit my VB2 when i want to get STONED!!! The hits are no where near as flavorful as Sappire and SiC to me, However the VB2 has a different flavor profile than those. My Sapphire and SiC would be smoked or barbecue vs Ceramic & Quartz Baked or Fried. Due to maintenance and levels of intensity that are capable, The VB2 is worth having as a weekend sports car not a daily driver! I can afford both so I do! Just my :2c:

Edit: Id like to reiterate the VB2 is Bruce Lee it kicks your ass! I just don't use it everyday! I also have my auto shutoff set to 45min:cool:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  6. MileHighHuman

MileHighHuman Member

This is just what i was expecting!

Without having experienced the VB, i had really related it to the Sublimator. No where near as tasty, but definitely creates stronger of an effect. Might be the vape signature. Or it might just be the vape. Lol. But either way i felt the VB would be very similar in that aspect which is why i have been looking into it a lot.

i think the 10 min auto shut off is only on the VB2.5 ?
    45 minutes isn't too bad. But i will say an enail with no timer is best in my opinion.

Thank you :wave:

lazylightning likes this.
  7. lazylightning

This is so interesting to me. I'd been dabbing ~1/2g per day through the VB2 for months. When my enail came, I did a low-temp dab and was instantly more baked than I'd been in months. It was hard to function normally for the first week or so after switching over to the Liger and I was so impressed I never actually tried the VB2 again.

I think the perceived difference in effect might have a lot to do with vape signature, temp or both. When I used to vape mostly flower I had a pretty big vape collection and regularly switched them up for vape signature effect. I couldn't really say one was better than the others, but each one seemed especially good after not using it for a while.

Maybe I'll try a higher temp dab on my Ti enail just for kicks and see how baked I get off some familiar Cookie Wreck shatter.

@Cannabis Connoisseur, let us know if you decide to use your VB2 for a couple weeks straight and then switch to your dnail sapphire. I'd be interested to see if the dnail suddenly seems like the Ferrari.

MileHighHuman likes this.
  8. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Different Delivery systems most often provide different effects, especially one you have not tried.
    Patients and their needs all vary also.
    For me a double dab every couple of hours does not make me all that altered.
    I do not use it for the "Bruce Lee, KIck Ass" factor, but rather to keep my time in the
    vape room short for family, and still be well medicated.
    When I want Kick Ass... I use flower (A great deal of it) in a longer session.
    Perhaps 5-6 wands using the VB1

Once I became very accustomed to regular concentrate use, it seems flower
    gives me a more powerful "alteration".
    Can not give up one or the other though.
    All forms of the medicine come in handy.

Edit:
    Well... that is not always... hehehe.
    Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    jpdnkstr and MileHighHuman like this.
  9. Cannabis Connoisseur

Cannabis Connoisseur I LOVE LIFE

@lazylightning it's totally the vape signature situation! I use my Dnail daily so when i pull out the VB2 it's like a new vape all over again! I had the VB2 first so when i got the Dnail i put the VB2 up for at least a month! It had better effects and flavor. Then i pulled the VB2 out and was blown away all over again. They stayed side by side for 2 months. The VB2 went through countless heaters but in the end I put the VB2 away because we couldn't function on it. It turned us to couch potatoes. That's one of the warnings in the instructions. Also I own a Liger 30mm Sapphire I don't own the Halo. I like the VB2 because it vaporizes all your material! Nothing to mop up afterwards or burn off! YOU'VE INHALED IT ALL! @Vitolo I've also found herb to be a better kickass device lately vs concentrates too! I wonder why! My EVO has been beating me senseless!!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors