Vapor Spam Thread

the electrician

I like to expand my musical horizons when in an altered state of being, most recently this involves a belgian band called univers zero, part of the 1970s RIO (rock in opposition) movement who strove for intricate, dense yet fantastically rewarding music over simple yet popular dance available at the time. Largely influenced by dark chamber music of the 18, 19 hundreds i dunno. some call their album "heresie" the scariest music committed to tape. http://www.last.fm/music/Univers+Zero/+videos/+1-Vwjce5wcu4Y

On a lighter note, try out iamerror if you like any of the following: old computer games, light cybergrind or game soundtracks reinterpreted. In this instance its done to perfection, and far outshines any and all competition. You'll hear all those wonderful sound effects from times gone by manipulated something beautifully to create some epic soundscapes. Behold http://www.last.fm/music/iamerror/_/The+Sonic+Song, one of many classics.

Christ how could i forget the electrician! My namesake and the band who wrote the definitive screamo grind anthem "i wanna nibble under your training bra". http://www.last.fm/music/The+Electrician/_/I+Wanna+Nibble+Under+Your+Trai
If anyone else enjoys the avant garde as much as me please speak up.

the electrician,

Purple-Days

Funny shtuff. L. Welk danced like a champ compared to Hugh Hefner at the same age. Man,can't the Heff afford a few hours at Arthur Murray's.

I used to watch The Welk show every week. There was no getting out of it. It'll warp your fuckin' mind... Very talented folks.

Hee Haw was another talent hot spot, but I was watching Midwestern Hayride before that, many of that staff appeared on Hee Haw later, same stuff.

Our local station had a morning show with a band and the noon show had one too (same guys...) very good 9 piece. This network built the Donahue. A strange time.

WLW-T the home of it all had this cat on from 9-10:30. Yeah, not a typo 1.5 hours of live entertainment including live commercials done right on the spot. Here is a clip from the WLW 60th anniversary compilation. But it was lot's more than that. A great reason to skip school. He was known as the Mayor of Kneesville, multi talented band, two very wonderful female singers who were great comedians too. Basically Vaudeville in front of the TV Camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVsm2sHvzqg

I know, you NyC folks and Chicago too had lots more to offer but, I was very fortunate to get what I had.

Purple-Days,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
the electrician said:
I like to expand my musical horizons when in an altered state of being, most recently this involves a belgian band called univers zero, part of the 1970s RIO (rock in opposition) movement who strove for intricate, dense yet fantastically rewarding music over simple yet popular dance available at the time. Largely influenced by dark chamber music of the 18, 19 hundreds i dunno. some call their album "heresie" the scariest music committed to tape. http://www.last.fm/music/Univers+Zero/+videos/+1-Vwjce5wcu4Y

On a lighter note, try out iamerror if you like any of the following: old computer games, light cybergrind or game soundtracks reinterpreted. In this instance its done to perfection, and far outshines any and all competition. You'll hear all those wonderful sound effects from times gone by manipulated something beautifully to create some epic soundscapes. Behold http://www.last.fm/music/iamerror/_/The+Sonic+Song, one of many classics.

Christ how could i forget the electrician! My namesake and the band who wrote the definitive screamo grind anthem "i wanna nibble under your training bra". http://www.last.fm/music/The+Electrician/_/I+Wanna+Nibble+Under+Your+Trai
If anyone else enjoys the avant garde as much as me please speak up.
That Univers Zero track is very interesting. Thanks for the recommendation. Reminds me a bit of Zappa's orchestral work.

Is Captain Beefheart scary enough for you? Here's something ugly:
http://tinyurl.com/yddytej
Love it!
p.s. that 2nd link did not work

MoeOnTheMoon,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
014835.jpg

jeffp,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Even the birds prefer vapor! ;):D

On a serious note, the poor birds and wildlife are really suffering in the UK at the moment in the grip of the extreme winter freeze we are having. Even the sea is freezing over.

It looks like animals are suffering everywhere, even in Florida
TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. - Across the so-called Sunshine State, oranges and strawberries are freezing, icicles are hanging off palm fronds, and iguanas paralyzed by the cold are falling out of trees.

Happycamper,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
I missed this when it was in the news recently. A Spiral that appeared over Norway in December. Does anyone know if this has been debunked? Eye witnesses said it wasnt from anything projected from the ground. Would need someone to explain how a rocket could actually do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pesqQpi6KC0

Happycamper,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
It was a Russian missile test gone awry, Happycamper.
Ever seen a UFO?

I have seen a few:
Once I saw one as I was driving along highway 1 at night. It was blue, and hovering just over the tree line near the hills. It made no noise. I stopped my car to listen. I only got a couple brief glances at it but it had a soft blue light, but no lights per se (ie; those lights you see on planes, that blink. Those are required equipment.) After a couple views, it disappeared. But it was definitely NOT a helicopter, and what else would have been hovering like that, and with no lights as above?

Then I saw one near the same place but out at the beach, which was triangular and flying low right over the beach. It looked like a glider in the way it was flying but made zero noise. I was standing, this time, and saw it fairly close and it gave me a shiver. It was about as big as a small jet but was flying smooth as silk and slow along the beach. It went around a curve so I couldn't see it anymore. My guess on this one is: experimental military aircraft. Maybe the other one, too, of course.

I saw one more, but only way up in the sky. This one was when I was camping, probably 1am in the morning. I was looking up at the stars and way way up, I saw a light moving very fast. VERY fast. I thought it was a meteor zooming across the sky. Except for one thing: It reversed directions, horizontally. This was amazing, as like I said, it had to have been moving very fast, and it didn't even stop, it just reversed directions. Then it zoomed up into the sky, almost vertically, way faster than it had been going before. Wish I'd have gotten a close up look at that one!

Note: I was not high in any way when seeing all of these. Well, I had been drinking some brandy the night I was camping, but not that much, and I was not drunk nor impaired.

Anyone else seen one?

Oh, and my Dad saw one independent of me, in another state, and he's a WW2 vet who is not into the idea of UFO's or new age things, or anything like that, as you can imagine a guy who helped liberate concentration camps and fought as infantry right after the Battle of the Bulge, would be. He saw this in a field behind his back yard in the midwest, saw it hovering - saucer shaped - over his field. He was freaked out, and went in quickly to tell my step-mom, but when they went back it was gone. This was about 10 years ago and he was in no way mentally impaired. It really freaked him out.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
MoeOnTheMoon said:
It was a Russian missile test gone awry, Happycamper.
Ever seen a UFO?

I have seen a few:
Once I saw one as I was driving along highway 1 at night. It was blue, and hovering just over the tree line near the hills. It made no noise. I stopped my car to listen. I only got a couple brief glances at it but it had a soft blue light, but no lights per se (ie; those lights you see on planes, that blink. Those are required equipment.) After a couple views, it disappeared. But it was definitely NOT a helicopter, and what else would have been hovering like that, and with no lights as above?

Then I saw one near the same place but out at the beach, which was triangular and flying low right over the beach. It looked like a glider in the way it was flying but made zero noise. I was standing, this time, and saw it fairly close and it gave me a shiver. It was about as big as a small jet but was flying smooth as silk and slow along the beach. It went around a curve so I couldn't see it anymore. My guess on this one is: experimental military aircraft. Maybe the other one, too, of course.

I saw one more, but only way up in the sky. This one was when I was camping, probably 1am in the morning. I was looking up at the stars and way way up, I saw a light moving very fast. VERY fast. I thought it was a meteor zooming across the sky. Except for one thing: It reversed directions, horizontally. This was amazing, as like I said, it had to have been moving very fast, and it didn't even stop, it just reversed directions. Then it zoomed up into the sky, almost vertically, way faster than it had been going before. Wish I'd have gotten a close up look at that one!

Note: I was not high in any way when seeing all of these. Well, I had been drinking some brandy the night I was camping, but not that much, and I was not drunk nor impaired.

Anyone else seen one?

Oh, and my Dad saw one independent of me, in another state, and he's a WW2 vet who is not into the idea of UFO's or new age things, or anything like that, as you can imagine a guy who helped liberate concentration camps and fought as infantry right after the Battle of the Bulge, would be. He saw this in a field behind his back yard in the midwest, saw it hovering - saucer shaped - over his field. He was freaked out, and went in quickly to tell my step-mom, but when they went back it was gone. This was about 10 years ago and he was in no way mentally impaired. It really freaked him out.
I've never seen a UFO but i am always interested in hearing about yours and others experiences. I believe it's likely we are an experiment and are monitored closely.

Happycamper,
Top Bottom