Vapor Spam Thread

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i think it was a rash decisision to ban him like that, reading over it it seems the whole thing could have been a misunderstanding... i understand that he just doesnt get what "quality posts" means, but it does look bad on our part, like were being cliqish

on a lighter note, last month i built a didgeridoo (out of pvc, sounds pretty good), so now ive gotten pretty good and im looking to move on to learning the concertina, as its the next cheapest one on my list, someone in my family might even have one lying around
i dont know why, i really love folk instruments, if i ever start a band, im going to insist that i can bring and play my crazy folk instruments :lol:
on my list to get/learn are
concertina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concertina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2M8P97N0Is
nyckelharpa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyckelharpa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D93OD5IYDx4
and hurdy gurdy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurdy_gurdy

love the bagpipes, but thats one of the few instruments i like that i have no interest in learning, it sounds good if you can play it well, but it sounds horrid until that point

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
i think it was a rash decisision to ban him like that, reading over it it seems the whole thing could have been a misunderstanding... i understand that he just doesnt get what "quality posts" means, but it does look bad on our part, like were being cliqish
The last exchange in this thread had little to do with the decision. However it did highlight some of the main reasons for it-- inability to make understandable posts, lack of maturity and lack of respect for fellow posters and the rules. Multiply that by his 200 or so zero content posts and you have my reasoning. The rules are there for a reason and if enforcing them makes me look bad I'm sorry, can't please everyone. Just doing what I think is best for this forum. If anyone has a problem with it they can email me but obviously I stand by the decision.

vtac,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Aww, I liked Hennessy. I don't think he even knows what he did, haha.

KeepCalm,

max

Out to lunch
KeepCalm said:
I don't think he even knows what he did, haha.
That could be part of the problem. His first post back after being banned for repeated low content posts (after multiple warnings) was another low content post (which he edited-added to-after stickstones called him on it). He could have been banned again immediately, but wasn't.

If any members don't want to go along with making this forum a cut above the rest, then I recommend marijuana.com. They have a high traffic vape forum and many other topics, and they don't care if people make repeated, meaningless posts. I can testify that their vape section gets very little moderation. There are several other forums with vape sections. Some I post on, others aren't a good fit. One size seldom fits all. Like vtac said, "can't please everyone".

vtac is a very easy going guy, but he started the forum and stuck with it for months while it was pretty much a ghost town. He wants a better forum than what's out there, and a lot of us support that. We want a fun place to hang out and BS, but also want it to continue to be the best source of vapor info. It's a tough balancing act. It's a work in progress but we have a goal. It's just hard to get there and make everyone happy at the same time.

max,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
This place is great, and I agree with everything you said max. I'm just a softy! :) :peace:

KeepCalm,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Yeah I agree with Max and vtac too. It might seem harsh but this community is pretty unique and apart from this thread is providing vapping info that is a step above anything else out there. To keep that high level of standard some simple rules need to be followed.

Plenty of other forums out there that cater for the biarches fo shizzle :/ <<< thats just wrong coming from a 44 year old :uhoh:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
2w32puw.jpg

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
I'm studying up on this stuff. :science:

"fo shizzle ma nizzle" is a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother"

I can't get my fingers right for the hand gestures. They keep making the Vulcan salute. What's gangsta for "peace be upon you"? Maybe 'peazy'?

Here's my favorite tutorial. These guys are good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khFhF64P3VQ&feature=related

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I let a buddy of mine borrow my VaporWarez all week and I went over their last night to kick it and retrieve it..... he convinced me he loved it so much to leave it their for another day since he had just picked some 'stuff' up, so I obliged. Since I left it their he hasn't smoked and is fully convinced on the powers of vaporizing.

I sold my gigantic bong too, so I'm contemplating giving my VW to him at a discounted price and upgrading to a SSV.

I told him about the Silver Surfers and showed him pictures but he said it looks 'too futuristic'. That was always the biggest turn off on the SSV for me too, but now that I've been familiar with how it looks, I have this strange desire for one.... I don't know, I feel like it's a betrayal, and it's not so much an upgrade, in my eyes anyway, as it is a change, but all things considered, and with book buyback resulting in an extra ~200 bones, it's a very tempting and worthy purchase in my opinion.....

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
I told him about the Silver Surfers and showed him pictures but he said it looks 'too futuristic'. That was always the biggest turn off on the SSV for me too, but now that I've been familiar with how it looks, I have this strange desire for one....
That was me too. I went back and forth on the SSV for the longest time. Finally convinced myself and haven't regretted it. I know you like glass though, so watch out. First it's a mouthpiece, then a knob and matching heater cover :rolleyes:. I've resisted the high priced wands so far, but I've been looking for that special ice chamber... :drool:

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yes, I love glass.... if I were to make an order I'd do the whole shibang --- matching implosion knob, mouthpiece, wand, ice chamber, adapter, all black.... anyone know if they will be having any holiday discounts or deals?

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ha, onee of the main reasons i dont really want kids, its weird the way it played out in my relationsship regarding that, first, neither of us wanted kids, then i started wanting kids and i talked her into it, then i changed my mind (which im very prone to, as everyone im sure knows :lol: ) and she still wants kids later on now
so we decided on a compromise and i decided i probably wouldnt mind having one kid

if my financial situation were better i might already be out of my parents house and married :ninja: (or at least engaged and living with my girl)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
fark that your to young AoZ. I got hitched at 26 but didn't have any kids until I was in my thirties.

I wouldn't be without them but they are costly little buggars ... and I'm a sucker Dad who is a little to easy on em :rolleyes: Especially when I'm faded :lol:

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
:lol: AoZ wait until your way older, dude, seriously.... trust me. I almost had a kid and got married to a HS sweetheart at 18. :/

It seems like a fantasy land from a comfortable distance, but when it hits you in your face like a ton of bricks, it's anything but 'a dream'.

SpiralArchitect,

tokinGLX

hey max, in reference to the resellers thread....

tokinsvapes.com is now in the works. ill let ya know when its up and ready for orders.
(':

tokinGLX,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Cool. I'd assume you'll be vending 7th floor products?

IDK if you saw above tokinGLX, but I might get myself a SSV for the holidays. :D Did you know if they were having any kind of holiday specials?

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
heh
waiting at least till 30 before having kids is one of my conditions ;)
you know how i like to plan far into the future

my girl and i have been together almost 3 years now, seems like forever though, were very comfortable with each other, so it seems like the next logcal step for us

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
especially at 18 :lol:

Those in there 20's are gonna hate this but IMO you don't reach mental maturity until your well into your 20s possibly closer to 30 and even then you definitly get wiser as you get older!

As I said above, I got married at 26 and in hindsite that seemed way to early. Shit I even had a full head of hair then (yup I'm bald as badger).

Thankfully my marriage has held up well but as a 26 yo married man I was doing shift work, surfing when ever possible, riding my motorcycle all over the country and working my way down to a single figure handicapp. I feel I committed to my marriage alot more as I got older.

vaporcloud,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
heh ya, i was saying if my financial situation were better that might have been, the world is far from ideal though

as of such in reality, nothing would probably happen till were both out of college, and if we make it that long then the rest of our lives should be cake :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
nothing would probably happen till were both out of college, and if we make it that long then the rest of our lives should be cake :lol:
No offence bro but this is exactly why you (everyone) should wait until they are older and have a bit more life experience under their belts before getting into a heavy committment.

>>> College equals easy street.

>>> Life equals the school of hard knocks.

The world outside school, college and the warmth of mum and dads pad can be a very scary place. Also bloody exciting ... just sip from the cup don't drink the whole damn lot in one gulp.

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom