Lithe_vapes

Manufacturer
Hi,
It is great you like the Lithe.
In relation to the flavor, during the first week the wood still has some humidity which adds flavor, but it disappears with time as it dries.

Lithe Vapes, you should list the species of wood for each of your vapes! We'd like to know when we buy it, it makes them that much more personal and interesting.

Also, most of our Lithes come with the name of the wood in a little paper inside the chamber, but sometimes we don't have the name as they are very rare or have colloquial names,examples are :
Carob, Black Soul, Balsam, Ivory , Dog's Milk, guayacan, Time-fading Purple wood (purpleheart), Guaimaro, and others that are of great beauty.
---------------------------------------------
ALSO,I would like To offer to all FC members a 7% discount, and free Savers shipping in all orders.
PLEASE USE "FC" code to get discount during checkout at http://www.vapquick.com
Sounds great!
------------------------------------------

Cheers

Lithe_vapes,
That's an awesome gesture, Lithe!

I wanted to ask about the purple wood, which you addressed in an email quoted in another thread which I'll repeat here: "The wood that purple vaporizer is made of is called"colombian purple heart"in english, "nazareno";in spanish, which means the one born in nazareth , a synonym of jesus christ, the beautiful purple color is natural but it has the disadvantage of oxidizing with the passage of time , changing its color to a strange hue of brown or pehaps blackish by the high temperatures involved in vaporizing, I have told the dealer to warn possible puchasers of that characteristic of that kind of wood so they wont be surprised and disappointed in a few months when that happens.I keep using that wood because it is one of the finest around, it is fibrous, dense and very tough, qualities that help the vaporizer to last a very long time.The wood is so tough that you cant drive a nail through without bending it. nailig that kind of wood always requires pre drilling."

My question is, when it goes brown or black, does it still look nice, how long does it take to darken? Do you still get nice figuring and grain? I'm really pondering getting a lithe, I really like the whole handmade, artisan-produced wood vape thing with the UD, RZ, PD, Lithe, TT and the like. The purple looks the most unique to me, and what you say about its durability doesn't hurt, but I'm wondering what it will end up looking like.

Also, do you have any plans in the future to switch to stainless steel or other material for the diffuser? What made you arrive on brass as the material?

Thanks alot!

Edit: just did a search, I've known about this wood for awhile as Purpleheart: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purpleheart it really is awesome, alot of out there basses like the Wishbass are made with it.

charliedontsurf,

sunsett70

@FLskwat, thx for d review. for the first bowl after taking 3-4 hits, how long do you have to wait for it to cool down before you can repack again? since the air path is so short, does the vapor get too hot as to be uncomfortable? and how convenient is the cleaning process? I have a Lotus but looking at another flame based portable for my collection.

sunsett70,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@CDS: I ordered a Purple at first but it got lost in the mail... I think they go dark brown but still quite nice!
About other materials and as stated in my review, I know Alex/Lithe is working on a new bowl and diffuser and he was talking about aluminium...
BTW the brass flavor is vanishing and I feel the wooden essences as described by Lithe...my wood has a rose after taste...nnot over-powering at all, almost nice!

@Sunsett: I've learned my way to get more or less 8 hits with it. So, I pack it loose, take 2 hits... blow in the mouth-end of the Lithe with the diffuser still screwed (cyclone effect=stiring), then inhale to "repack" the load...no hassle with a hot diffuser; this process 4 times ...
No, vapor is not uncomfortable to me but it might be for others cause it is hot!
The cleaning process is very easy! This is no more then a brass tube (the diffuser can be unscrewed and dumped in an iso bath) with a wooden casing my friend and the locked-in original "screen" has such big holes...when you finish a bowl you just blow the load away; if you have an MF brush or similar you give it a little brush; and finally an iso Q-tip every now and then in its brass guts and your good to go IMO !

FLskwat,

Lithe_vapes

Manufacturer
Hi,
I would like to give you a tip which is very useful if want to re-pack while the lithe is still hot.
Get a glass with water and submerge only the tip for about 5 seconds. Unscrew, repack, and go. Running water is also an option to cool it fast, but it is very important not to wet the wood.

Lithe_vapes,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Lithe_vapes said:
Hi,
I would like to give you a tip, which is very useful if you want to re-pack while the lithe is still hot.
Get a glass with water, and submerge only the tip for about 5 seconds. Unscrew, repack, and go. Running water is also an option to cool it fast, but it is very important not to wet the wood.
May an ice cube would do best :) :brow: or snow :)

Abysmal Vapor,

Lithe_vapes

Manufacturer
@Abysmal Vapor , ;) good point!, I dipped it in my iced cream! :lol:
by the way, water at ambient temp. is just fine, I do it every day, so I dont have wait.

Lithe_vapes,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Well after FLskwat's positive review I thought I'd take advantage of the FC discount for a Vapor Lithe and ordered one which just arrived today. But now I wish I hadn't. Firstly, I didn't get the free shipping that was offered to FC members (despite pointing this out at checkout and asking for the difference to be refunded, which it wasn't, but only $2.50 so I wasn't going to cry about it :shrug:), [been refunded now] and secondly, I've just looked at the website and seen the price has been cut on the colour I bought by a further $11 :uhh:. The FC discount now seems inactive, but nevertheless if I had bought the vape today without it, instead of 11 days ago, I would still have saved myself over $7 on the same purchase :/. It's not a lot but it still takes the edge off my new toy, which was meant to be a good FC special discount deal which "sounds great", but now doesn't so much :|

Anyway, moving on to the vape, I've had a few bowls and so far I'm pretty impressed. Nice and pretty, smaller than I expected, but hits bigger. Not personally too bothered about brass on this particular unit as I will only use it on occasion as a back up portable, but if I were to be using it daily I'd rather some other lead free material composition. Taste wise I can't really identify any effect of the brass on my coarse palate. Not too much of a learning curve, and like FLskwat said, it's actually pretty hard to burn the bowl. So far I haven't even come close. That end piece does get really hot though and I've already burned my fingers, so caution is needed, or a glass of water as recommended by the manuf. I'm going to put it through it's rigorous paces over the next few days, but at this stage I have nothing to add to FLskwat's excellent review except to say that so far I concur. I'd maybe err towards a 70% overall rating (7/10) for my first overall impressions, rather than FLskwat's 82%. He has a reviewers methodology though :science:, whereas I don't- I seem to arbitrarily come up with a rating I like :tinfoil:. I'll report back when I have reached some conclusions.

WatTyler,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've decided my official stance is I'd buy it if it was stainless instead of brass. I'd expect to pay more of course.

darkrom,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I too have decided to wait and see if the rumors about the aluminum version are true, although SS would be preferred. I may change my mind again if reviews like this keep popping up though, lol.

Wat, it's just ten bucks man, just go put another ten trough that little piece of wood and it probably won't matter to ya anymore. & if it does, just rinse and repeat :p

Are you gonna post pictures too when you report back? This place needs more pictures :D

OhTheAgony,

Lithe_vapes

Manufacturer
Hi,
It's great to know Lithe are working as expected by us. We have been improving Lithe little by little, all thanks to the opinions of our customers. Recently we have done a few changes in the website, which include a new catalog of 4 types of woods; the browns, and light browns colors are from a great selection of hardwoods that are usually more abundant. Instead, the reddish browns, and some gamma colors are of a very exotic kind ;Their woods are selected visually with intention to show features on the wood.
We made the changes to facilitate sorting as our selection , and quality has grown.

I would like to say Lithe can be used with a torch lighter as once FLskwat did and commented in his review about that Vaporizing with torch lighter provides cleaner vapors. But the wood gets a darkish tun in the front area with use;I mean a nice darkish gradient, and the Lithe continues to look good.(no problems, just a little color change, nothing bad:))

We have news of shifting to another material. soon Lithe will be made out of aluminum, and same great quality woods.:o

Lithe_vapes,

Abysmal Vapor

Can you explain why aluminium is more safe than brass ? What aluminium you use ? I bet it is not the same type as alufoil but .. You know vaporizing off aluminium foil can get you Alzheimer ?..(I've heard that somewhere,don't know if it is a proven fact )
Anyway glad to hear it works :).

Abysmal Vapor,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Haha, I am happy someone concures on my Lithe review and opinion. And yes the portability/volume of the overall kit (vaporizer/pouch/poker) + its looks did raise the average quote above 8 in my "reviewers meth", LoL! ;)
BTW guys, do you remember what is the heating material of the Cano: alumunium! :D

FLskwat,

Abysmal Vapor

FLskwat said:
Haha, I am happy someone concures on my Lithe review and opinion. And yes the portability/volume of the overall kit (vaporizer/pouch/poker) + its looks did raise the average quote above 8 in my "reviewers meth", LoL! ;)
BTW guys, do you remember what is the heating material of the Cano: alumunium! :D
http://www.supremevaporizer.com/HeatingElement.html Supreme got's one too .
Safety 1st: We use high temperature aluminum (4,426 F boiling point) that is 100% safe. There is no metallic taste and it will never come close to releasing any kind of particles whatsoever. On the left is our heating element without its thick high temperature shell.
Are you planning to use the same/similar Aluminium (durable,hightemp )

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Are you 100% set on aluminum or is stainless an option still? If stainless was used I'd feel confident in saying this vape would satisfy even the most health conscious of users. I'd be more likely to try aluminum than brass that is for sure, but the last aluminum vape I bought happened to be coated with lead based paint from China!

If it is aluminum leave it unpainted at least, and make sure it is the safest aluminum out there. I can't stress enough how much smarter it seems to me to use stainless. It may cost a little more, but I'd pay it and I'm sure others would too. If you can convince me that aluminum is safe with a lighter AND torch...maybe

darkrom,
The only thing keeping me from dropping money on this is the brass tip. I too would prefer stainless to aluminum in the impending upgrade. If it were 5 to 15 dollars difference per unit then I would happily pay it.

Darkrom, I take it that China vape was a Vaporbuddy, the vaporgenie knockoff?

charliedontsurf,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Indeed it was charlie. Indeed it was. Not pleased. The design is great other than the manufacturer not giving half a fuck if I live or die from the product lol.

Please oh please make stainless tips :)

darkrom,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Though I know FC and the general consensus on SS being the material...I am part of it so, trust me I understand, but in many cases, safe aluminum to me is better then SS, and Lithe seems to be one of thosed examples... Let me explain why before throwing me big SS mechanic parts for lapidation! :D :

Medical grade Alu. has no flavor (maybe it is my pallet but heat an SS screen, inhale and you'll see if SS is 100% neutral on flavor!! :D ).

Is less expensive to work on precision parts (your lithe SS version will not be 5 bux more expensive but MORE...with the tip diffuser and internal tubing in SS...cause the manufacturer needs specific machines/processes to work on SS).

has a much better heat conduction.

Is lighter...

Only my :2c: on aluminium vs. ss on this little boy! ;)

FLskwat,

Lithe_vapes

Manufacturer
Hi,
I want to clear some questions regarding the metal used in our vaporizers.
We decided to use brass for two reasons; its natural golden color, and mechanical properties.
Brass is basically Zinc and copper at the right mixture, which is indeed very hard as these two elements get along very well. To make brass easier to machine, some lead is added.
Brass should not represent a great concern as lead is held on place and the quantity very small, but as customer's satisfaction is first we went to the lab, and tested aluminum.
Lithe uses a combination of right materials, and physics phenomena; when I say right material I mean "Good Heat Conductivity" in the metal and good "Isolation" from the wood. Lithe also makes use of the Venturi effect (from physics), which in effect decompresses the chamber, and make vaporization fluent, and easier to accomplish.
The key is our patent pending jet diffusing system, which may be seen as small heat exchanger, and air accelerator.

Stainless steel has low conductivity, which would make Lithe slower, less efficient, and more expensive (will see as we continuously research about materials).
We chose Aluminum 6061 which is used in the manufacture of aluminum cans for the packaging of foodstuffs and beverages, and mostly everything you see in the market that has aluminum. This is Not cheap stuff.

6061 is a wonderful alloy, lead-free, and very strong with very nice finish ( we wont use colors) .
Our aluminum will be anodized, which is a process that creates a layer of aluminum crystals and oxides on the surface that are harder than the inner core. These layers seal the metal, and make it a food grade material.
It has been tested, and works great!

Lithe_vapes,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wait, anodized? I was under the impression anodized aluminum cracks when exposed to the temps we need for vaporization, am I misinformed?

OhTheAgony,

Lithe_vapes

Manufacturer
Yes, some anodized aluminums crack with increasing temp depending on their anodized layer thickness; the thinner, the less probable to crack. At 200 C , not a big deal, as the parts that are in contact with the flame wont be anodized. Inside the chamber the temp is pretty stable, and no doubt about its reliability.

Lithe_vapes,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Have these already been put into production the new tips that is?

I appreciate the info and it is comforting. Now my debate is on anodized vs raw alum. Are there any real advantages to anodizing it? I hate the idea of it cracking if it doesn't need to be anodized. I know you attempted to explain it more but I am fairly ignorant of anodizing vs raw aluminum when it comes to vapor quality and health concerns.

darkrom,

Lithe_vapes

Manufacturer
anodized is basically a stronger and more corrosive resistant surface finish . In short, an anodized aluminum is LESS likely to deliver free atoms or particles away, so in general Anodized aluminum has more integrity, and preserves flavors. Raw aluminum on the other hand, has some porosity,which could have some influence in taste; but IMO anodized looks a good option based on some educated decisions.

Lithe_vapes,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Are these being made now? I think I'd like to give an aluminum one a shot! I'll keep checking back to see when I can order one with an aluminum tip.

darkrom,
Top Bottom