1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Discontinued Vapolution 2.0

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Vapolution Vaporizers, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Dark_Wolf

Dark_Wolf Registered Vaporist

I'm really thinking about it! I really liked the smaller bowl sizes from the Vap2 and the fact that you can leave it on all day. The design of the VAP3 looks really good though!

2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

YES!
    I am proud of you for donating your unit to a friend in need.
    Perhaps someone will read this post and contact you with a Vapolution 2.
    Check FC Classifieds regularly!

3. Dark_Wolf

Thank you and I hope so!

4. bigbossgrayfox03

bigbossgrayfox03 Well-Known Member

Hitting a packed large bowl outside in the sun with a nice tall bong and warm water, inhaling the massive clouds and exhaling into the breeze... :nod:

I still smoke js and use an ascent for portability, but man oh man -- there is nothing that tops this vaping experience for me. I guess I'd get the 3.0 when all my 2's fail, but I love these vapes like children.

Thanks @Vitolo for selling me my 2nd Vapolution. I double AIWB it every time the gf is here to save time, and can also travel with one in the car at all times.

Melting Pot, Vitolo, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

It was an honor to get you a rare unit that you love and respect so much.
    I wish you..., the gf,.... and the vapolution an eternity together!

6. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

I still miss my Vapo 2...
    Used it for a year and then my step daughter asked if she could have it. Promised to take care of it...
    Broke the AIWB and threw the base away...

The Vape 3.0 is filling the gap nicely!!

7. Dark_Wolf

I ended up finding a great deal on a Vapolution 3! While it doesn't have the same nostalgic feel for me, it's still a fantastic unit with the same flavor profile as its' predecessor. It definitely pairs extremely well with water filtration as well. My only dislike is the bowel size is significantly larger which makes micro loading much more difficult compared to the VAP2.

8. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

This is why my Vapo 3 isn't used all that much. The Vapolution 2 is one of my favorite all time vaporizers. I like the 3 but end up going through way to much herb if it's a daily driver.

I think they made a big mistake when they stopped producing the vapolution 2.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  9. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Da VAP 2 I will break out and use.
    Really my favorite unit.

Smaller and ditch the case was all it needed?pov

Da new CULT: micro dosing would love the VAP 2
    @lazylathe turned me on 2 the vAP 2
    I was just vaping shatter at da time.

Flower COLAS in a VAP2 = very INTENSE?

LOOKING for MR. GOODBAR "MAYBE"?

10. RUDE BOY

I believe just getting rid of the slogan "VAPOLUTION the original glass on glass vaporizer" printed on the vape itself would have boosted it's sales a bit.

On a sad note mine no longer heats up, green light's on but no-ones home.

EDIT; it actually is heating up now, just not like it used to.

turned it on and came back to it 45 minutes later, stuck a stem in let it sit a minute and took a hit and the taste was there along with decent vapor but have it cranked all the way up where I would have only had it from 12 o'clock to 1.

Hasn't been used in a while, still hopping it's just a wonky power supply so to check I'll pull out the car adapter and plug it in tomorrow to see what happens.

11. Dark_Wolf

Agreed. I find myself using my Arizer Solo more often due to increase consumption with the VAP3 and inability to microload. I will definitely continue keeping a lookout for a VAP2

RUDE BOY and ataxian like this.
  12. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I will put the V2 back in!
    I use my original SOLO INSTEAD

Dark_Wolf likes this.
  13. RUDE BOY

@Dark_Wolf

I was lucky and found a new basic package on ebay for just over $100 on Sunday when mine wasn't heating up.(it seems back to normal now :shrug:) There were four listings for vap 2's on ebay then with two listings for used ones and two that had a couple units each but they're not listed anymore. The only place I found that seems to have 'em in stock is at www.vaporstore.com for $150 and 10% off with the code MAYDAY (not certain they still have it but they list the OG vapolution too).

A couple of the listings on ebay may be back it would be odd if they all actually sold this week but seeing them listed for sale is getting rarer and rarer.

Dark_Wolf, ataxian and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  14. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

The V2 = FlAVOR 4 sure

Dark_Wolf and RUDE BOY like this.
  15. Dark_Wolf

That's awesome! I'm pretty sure I saw that listing. Had I not just recently purchased the VAP3 I would have snagged it up! I may checkout vaporstore although the price is a little higher than I would prefer. Thank you so much for looking into it!

ataxian and RUDE BOY like this.
  16. bigbossgrayfox03

I want to write them and ask if they could possibly work on creating an entirely portable version of the 2.0 that lasts up to 3 hrs of full power (the battery pack doesn't heat it quite to my liking).

Love this vape (too much almost) and I feel there's potential for improvements using the 2.0 bowl size and model.

Would you be able to put a 2.0 aiwb in there by any chance? Might be a loose fit but just wondering! Would be neat to be able to cook smaller bowls in there and have the larger bowl for occasions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2018
    Hey Nineteen, RUDE BOY and ataxian like this.
  17. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

I recently acquired a used Vapolution 2.0 and I like it a lot. It came with a straight bowl and a bent bowl. I immediately ditched the stiff PVC tubing and replaced it with silicone to connect with a small bubbler. I'm wondering if I should buy the AIWB. Is it really a big improvement on direct draw? Does Vapolution offer discounts to FC members? One other random thought. I'm sort of surprised this vaporizer isn't more popular. It's extremely efficient and the vapor is quite tasty. But it's seldom discussed in conversations about favorite vapes. Does anyone have any insight into the lack of love for the Vapolution?

18. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Smallish bowl size , you have to wait for a minute for the bowl to reach temp, and you cannot keep the bowl in the unit if you are not pulling on it. I have gotten stoned and forgot the bowl and cooked the whole load into charcoal LOL

bigbossgrayfox03 and RUDE BOY like this.
  19. Hey Nineteen

Hey Nineteen Well-Known Member

Vapolution 3 has the opposite problem. The bowl is a little to big. It does heat up really fast, but I too have gotten high and left my bowl in there and it turned into coal.

20. bigbossgrayfox03

There's definitely a learning curve; a preference of mine is holding it sideways with aiwb/upside down with bong to prevent bud from falling in but a few of my friends didn't like that idea. A few others don't mind and use the same methods (or their own) to get their desired session. A cool thing about this unit is that you could adjust things to your liking.

Once you overcome that issue, it becomes one of the tastiest, easiest to clean & maintain, conservative and heavy hitting vaporizers that ever existed. Bye bye volcano (sold that and got a second 2.0). I love my ascent too but Vapolution is taste king and can heat the material more to my liking.

Vapolution, if you're reading this, bring back the 2.0 model with some new features. We love it and would like a portable version with full power :)

RUDE BOY likes this.
  21. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Had to revisit my Vapo2 and I'm glad I did. Using the carb on the AIWB, I got tasty hit after hit opening and closing the carb as I pulled. My only gripe is my lack of attention and leaving the bowl in thus turning the load into coal. This never happened when the Vap was first on the line-up,but now my get high memory keeps slipping and automatic pilot is not up to the task. Still I love the simplicity and power of this Vape.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors