Vapman

hoyo77

I had a small series of two and four parts grinders with an ugly logo in stock. I decided to mod these. The logo could be removed by sand blasting and the top got a powder coating. This is the result, they look definitely better than before. It wasn't possible to seperate the parts after the sand blasting so I had to make a shiny groove on the lathe, which makes them look quite special. The sand blasting gives them a good grip. I thought I might share this with you guys.

3482iba.jpg

vapman
I want one!!

in_human_form

I'm considering the VapMan for traditional (moroccan) hash.

Isn't it easy to burn your hash with these torchlighters though ?
And how well can you clean the melted hash from this unit? Is it possible to unscrew the screen and torchburn the remainders of hash that gets stuck in the screen ?

OF

And how well can you clean the melted hash from this unit? Is it possible to unscrew the screen and torchburn the remainders of hash that gets stuck in the screen ?

While it can be done, it's by no means easy. You have to seriously screw up (like forgetting how to count....) or be 'asking for it' by pushing the heat higher and higher. I've never done it, and don't recall anyone posting about having done so.

You want to try, and probably use, the special screens for this. Not only does it do a better job but it makes keeping the pan clean easier (it's Gold plated, not easy to clean 'burnt on' deposits from). You can 'torch' the screens when they foul.

Yes, you can easily remove the screen (two small screws) for 'torching' the residue. If you're not careful, or do it a lot, the screws will eventually strip out of the wood but replacement mid sections are available.

I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

OF

Gourmet

For me it works best if I put the hash between two screens, so the filter of the centerpiece cannot stick.
When heating it takes one or two seconds more, because the metal screens have to be heated as well.

It's a very simple method (one of many) to get a tasty steam experience. In any case, I have never burned my hash until now and only the waxes remain.

On the pan sometimes oil traces develop, which can be cleaned away with a Magic Eraser sponge in the warm condition easily.

I glow the screens cleanly after use with the Torch. They are of very good quality and can withstand it without any problems.

I wish you a lot of fun finding out and discovering your own procedure, which is perfect for you.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

OF

I wanna buy the VapMan Classic (mica) for hash...
It works as well or better than the vapman basic?

They work the same, same functional parts, just has a heat shield that prevents charring/burning over time. Some guys like the char, some like the way it's protected/unchanging.

The basic is also not fine sanded and finished (Linseed oil). The Classic was the only one for some years until the 'economy version' (Basic) was released.

OF

in_human_form

Thank you.
One last question:

Does the VapMan also work well with vaporizing small quantities of hash inside the bowl ?
I'm talking 0.05g (0.002 ounces)

Regarding the Vapman Mica. "The high quality materials used in the construction of the heating chamber in combination with the use of a torch lighter, is what produces smooth vapor. That being said, there is an added vapor quality benefit with the Vapman Mica. The mineral protection sheet actually adds an element of convection to the Vapour Quality."
So functional parts don't look to be completely the same :)

:leaf::peace::leaf:

OF

Thank you.
One last question:

Does the VapMan also work well with vaporizing small quantities of hash inside the bowl ?
I'm talking 0.05g (0.002 ounces)

Regarding the Vapman Mica. "The high quality materials used in the construction of the heating chamber in combination with the use of a torch lighter, is what produces smooth vapor. That being said, there is an added vapor quality benefit with the Vapman Mica. The mineral protection sheet actually adds an element of convection to the Vapour Quality."

:leaf::peace::leaf:
I'd say as well as any other with that small amount. 1/20 of a gram is getting pretty marginal dose wise, but it will fully extract it easily once you get the hang of it.

It's not magic, but it's designed to work with small loads (being conduction running on limited power), herb or concentrate. It's not a good call for large loads?

OF

Gourmet

Seen in isolation, this is of course true, which should not be surprising.

In terms of functionality during normal vaporization, the mica has no decisive influence. It is especially worth asking if you know that you like to vaporize a lot with extremely high temperatures and above all want to heat with the torch.

For some, however, it is just an aesthetic question, some find the Baisc more beautiful and others the Classic. Logically, the Basic gives off some of the wood taste during the first few times until it is "practiced".

But I wouldn't recommend the Vapman for everyone. People who prefer to press a button to vaporize should refrain from using the Vapman, even if they don't like a certain ritual before and during consuming and prefer to have large quantities vaporized extremely quickly.

On the other hand, the Vapman is ideal for microdosing, I don't know a better device. The same goes for taste and efficiency.

in_human_form

My Vapman Classic will be arriving soon. Thanks for the advice :cool:

The only concern I still have is the mid-section. I know some people don't clean it at all.

But a vendor in a coffeeshop told me a few months ago how he believes "vaping" (in general) can be deadly because of mold buildup in the vaporizers, and this can lead to necrosis of lungcells and death pretty quickly.

I read up on it back then, and couldn't find a link between moldy lungs and vaping... but I did find one
article that talked about one guy dying after having used a "bong resembling marijuana smoking system".

I think if this would really be an issue, there'd be a lot more deaths from this stuff.
I'd say normal vaporizers are safe - but if you connect them with water-tools then those water-tools are probably subsceptible to mold.

Anyway,
would cleaning the middle-section in acetone - decrease or increase the chance of mold developing in those dark tiny vapepaths ?

And if using it for small pieces of hard traditional hash multiple times every day, how often should I have to clean the middle piece in acetone...
Once a month ? Twice a year ?

:leaf:

Last edited:

Gourmet

I hear about mould for the first time, but I would smell it immediately, because I am allergic to it.

If I vape daily, I clean the mid- and mouthpiece every 3-4 weeks. For me it is part of the ritual. However, I only clean it mechanically with a dabbing tool and pipe cleaner.
Some here also clean it with aceton, depending on their preference.

The Vapman is made to make everyone happy in their own way. ;)

OF

I hear about mould for the first time, but I would smell it immediately, because I am allergic to it.

I too have not experienced it, recall anyone mentioning such on this thread, nor think it's damp enough to grow mold. Consider you regularly pull 200C or so air through it, not only would that tend to kill anything living in there, but would dry out what little moisture there is killing it again over time?

When it comes time to clean it I'm a big fan of old fashioned pipe cleaners. I wrap the 'back half' around a toothpick or matchstick, fish the 'long end' through, bend a bit at right angles as it comes out, hook that with my thumbnail and haul the rest through. This pulls the coil into a longer spiral that scrubs the way as it goes.

The maker suggest scraping with a pen knife when needed IIRC?

OF

Victarion

http://imgur.com/IqbZ2Ly
IqbZ2Ly.jpg

I loved my basic vapman I got recently that I had to upgrade a month later! Limited series yew tree, photo doesn't do it justice how beautiful it is in person, cannot wait to use this tonight ! I'm not sure how to post the photo so had to add the link, if anybody can guide me on how to do it it'll be appreciated, love my Vapman!

Modnote: Edited to display image

Very nice. I am myself waiting from René a yew similar in pattern. But with Ebony mouthpiece. I cross the finger to received before the week end break of the post office. What is the wood on your mouthpiece, Plum or box wood ? I find this combination very tasteful.

I am selling my classic walnut bought 2 month ago because I felt in love with the yew version.
Just had a cession of bubble hash now in my walnut. Taste isn't what I prefer (I do have some nice tangie & gorilla flowers perfectly curred for that) but :o. I am really in love with that little wooden friend. And I am really really high now :rofl:

Yesterday I have unlock the secret for the botanics. I was to long with my flame !!! I now set it to the low/medium settings and feel much more in control now.

I will miss you dear noisette. Mon premier pote de débauche ;)

in_human_form

My new vapman classic has arrived. :nod:

For first time use I inserted between 25 and 50mg of Moroccan Pressed Hash in between 2 screens,
and have gotten a strong effect from it.

I was super careful not to burn it so I took a lot of draws on lower temperatures
and only got a few hits where the vapman was hot enough to produce more visible vapor from the tiny amount of hash I had put in.

Most of the vapor I drawed in was invisible but was still very tasty.
The airflow is perfect, doesn't feel harsh on the throat.

After 1 use I can already tell that the vapman has much better taste than the cheap starry's,
which are made from questionable rubbers/plastics in stark contrast with the vapman.

If my budget one day permits I might try a high end electronic vaporizer,
but seems like I'll be using the vapman for a while.

:luv:

Gourmet

So glad to hear you are satisfied!

If my budget one day permits I might try a high end electronic vaporizer,
Some tongues claim the Vapman is a high end vaporizer. :D

With the vapman station you would have the electronic version for at home, but this is not really necessary, it also works very well with the torch.

With herbs and the station, some say there's a little extra efficiency.
Some people suspect it's because the heating is more even.

Bolano

I'm considering the VapMan for traditional (moroccan) hash.

I've mainly used my vapman for hash. I tap out the screen directly after use and give everything a quick brush while it's still warm. This gets rid of any physical particles.
The residue does discolour parts of the bowl and screen after a number of sessions but as Gourmet said it can be cleaned easily with a magic eraser sponge.
Honestly, those things clean anything.:)

in_human_form

I've been scraping off hash stains with a tweezer after each usage. (if they don't come off immediately i just heat the vapman with the topcap off it and then i scrape)

magic sponges are probably chemically treated someway.. so i try to avoid:tinfoil:

I think after torching the screens, its better to blow out the ashes that gets stuck within the screens... Then scrape the remaining ashes out of the holes with a needle and lastly shake the screen around in a cup that has some alcohol in it.

I suppose that will get most of the last remaining ashes out that you don't see easily in the screens openings but if you look closely you can see it.

Maybe I'll just stick to mouth to lung vaping anyway... any microscopic fine dust particles from the ashes would probably not hit the lungs that way:tinfoil:

Other than that, the vapman is amaaaaazing though. Tastes and draws so well. And the quick heat up and cooldown allows for perfect manual control of the way we vape. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

One thing though:
Anyone else notice their Vapman Lighter stops functioning properly towards the end of a long vaping session? Kind of frustrating.

I noticed setting the flame a bit higher and shaking it around seems to help with this issue somewhat.

JAH Bless
:peace::leaf::peace:

Last edited:

OF

magic sponges are probably chemically treated someway.. so i try to avoid:tinfoil:
Not to worry, they are not.

They are Melamine foam. A 'frozen glue' deal widely used for lots of things for a long time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_foam

Used for insulation (plumbing and duct work) and soundproofing (just the ticket if you're making bullet trains.....).

The foam (really a plastic) is very tough but brittle, and the cell walls (bubbles) are very thin so they make great microscopic scrapers that break away if you push too hard ('can't scratch'). It works mechanically, not chemically. While I'd definitely remove the debris left behind, there are no 'hidden chemical risks'.

Does a great job on the 'haze' left on the shower door and walls, too.

OF

Gourmet

I think after torching the screens, its better to blow out the ashes that gets stuck within the screens... Then scrape the remaining ashes out of the holes with a needle and lastly shake the screen around in a cup that has some alcohol in it.
If I clean the screens in pure alcohol, I don't burn them out first because the alcohol does the job.
After torching the screens I drop them on the table and flush them under water. Under the microscope, it seems relatively clean and there's no more dust to see when I drop it.

I've been scraping off hash stains with a tweezer after each usage. (if they don't come off immediately i just heat the vapman with the topcap off it and then i scrape)
This could damage the gold plating, which is more of an aesthetic problem.
I used to do that too, but my eye likes a clean and shining gold-pan, hehe.
The Vapman is the only body jewellery I wear (temporarily).:D:lol:

Anyone else notice their Vapman Lighter stops functioning properly towards the end of a long vaping session? Kind of frustrating.
I'm afraid that's true. Every torch sooner or later gives up its ghost, they are unfortunately consumables. At the latest after one year of intensive use every torch was broken.

When using the torch, I make sure that I hold the flame upwards, i.e. heat the Vapman diagonally from below. I imagine that this way the nozzle gets less heat.

I always have two torchs with me when I'm out on the weekend. At home I use the Vapman Station, which is much more comfortable than the eternal click-click-click of the torch. ;)

Victarion

Hi Guys,

Time for an update now that Noisette (Classic Walnut) has been replaced by Mr. Yew after two months of intensive but careful usage.

As I was explaining before, I had zero experience about vaping before getting Noisette. And because I am really not able to be consistent, it made the quest so much interesting, and difficult at the same time. I felt like Indiana Jones in a virgin jungle trying to find a path. I have used use 4 strains of CBD flowers, 5 strains of high quality weeds, some bubble hash, 3 different lighters, damiana, hop flower, green tea, camomille, eucalyptus, lavender, thym, salvia, peppermint, air holes plugged and unplugged (and a lot more herbs that I don’t remember). You got the picture. The average number of sessions I made over the two months are close to 2 even 3 per day. Not even counting the daily session I prepare for my wife. She like to vape CBDand I heat the vapman for her.

After all these sessions I can say I am really in love with the ritual. Part of the enjoyment as a former smoker (long long time ago) was the use of the lighter, the noise of the paper, the pleasure to roll and smoke something pleasing to the eyes and because of this I am so glad that you guys made me discover this vape. In a certain way it retains a similar ritual while keeping the thing very simple and enjoyable. I am not at all tempted by trying a new device despite my natural curiosity. Every session I make is an adventure in some way. I am also glad that my brother was converted too. He is a more regular user and tried vaporization only once before to try the vapman couples of week ago. At that time he told the effect were great but he didn’t like the fact that the vaporizer was a big electronic device with lights, bells and whistles, plugged to a wall, a silicon pipe… So after some tasty Tangie and Gorilla, when I mentioned that I was very tempted by a yew version and that he could have my walnut for a bargain he didn’t hesitated a single second. My walnut went to him yesterday. I claim no glory for this conversion, the vapman did it. Kudos to René. You don’t need any proselytism, it speaks by itself….

As a curious guys I had already read the entire thread few days before to receive my first vapman. I am now reading it again the 300+ pages with the eyes of a more experienced user. You, guys, are a very nice community and I am so glad to to share this with you. Also I would really to thank René for kindly answering all my questions. With his authorization I am quoting him. What he wrote to me isn’t a secret and he has already kindly and consistently spread the knowledge in this thread. Anyway:

“…
This is how vapman was conceived in my head: The main object was to make a small and portable vaporizer needing as little energy as possible and still being very save regarding the handling and the materials.

This was in February 2005, at that time were no small and well functional vaporizer on the market. I was thinking from the very start about a liquid gas vaporizer.

The energy density of liquid gas is at least 30 times higher than the best batteries. Gas is also more ecological.

It was also clear to me, that the bowl has to be made of copper as it is after silver the best conductor. The wok shape was also in my head instantly, it is the best shape for transmitting the energy of a flame into a container.

I was also thinking about wood from the very start, plastic was never ever an option.

Thinking all this lead to the final shape of vapman. It was function and materials which lead to the form. In the end it was pure magic, because it was better than ever could wish for. I made a lot of things in my life already but vapman

is very special, indeed. The very special thing about vapman is the fact, that it is on the market for such a long time and still a niche product, making it very interesting and intriguing. I still love vapman and I’m still believing in it very strongly

This is how I personally use vapman: Medium grind, medium flame, 4 seconds heating, short puff to taste the flavors, 3-4 seconds more heating and the first long inhalation of about 10 seconds. Then repeatedly heating of about 4 seconds

and inhaling up to 15 seconds. Depending on the herbs, I do this 8 to 15 times. I never make huge clouds, I prefer gentle extraction, it is healthier and much more potent as all the substances come through.

…”

My personal ritual is similar to Rene’s one. Low/medium grind, low/medium flame. I heat 3 sec. and inhale shortly just for the taste (I do this twice) and starting from here, I like to stick with 4 to 5 secondes heating cycle combined with long and deep inhaling. I can get anywhere between 6 to 12 heat & breath cycles. The first two are very tasty and the next ones are for the warm, the effects and sometimes the cloud. I am not chasing the vapor as I noticed that when I am “forcing” I am shortening the session duration. I like so much the ritual that I feel frustrated when the session ends quickly. And I don’t plug any hole. It removes the taste too much for my liking. I also would like to point something that is already known but not enough repeated I think. Humidity of your mix is a key factor for vapor production. As important as flame length, heating duration and grinding size.

I set the flame length by placing the flame of the lighter parallel to the mouthpiece, edge of the lighter aligned with the upper edge of the handle ring and the tip of the flame has to reach one of the airhole on the middle section.

Other than this, I find very intriguing the fact that each vapman is unique. One can definitively see that it is handmade as there few minor cosmetic difference between them outside from the wood itself. I have also the strong sensation that drawing is easier with the yew. My wife confirmed it. I doubt that it can come from some waist material stuck in the middle section/mouthpiece as I did a deep cleaning before to send to my brother. Also, the yew is a tiny bit heavier. It feels better in the hand I think. Kind of less fragile. The yew is also much more smoother to the touch. In comparison the walnut had much more texture. Finally, the yew has probably a noticeable density has it get hotter quicker. If you do two bols consecutively, it start to be very warm at the end of the second one. Much more than the walnut to me. But it cools down faster as well. Fascinating. At the end, if my walnut will definitively keep a place in my heart as my first vapman, I have to make a space for the yew one. It grows on me very fast.

I am concluding this very long post by officially claiming the title of Vapman Ambassador for the Grand Duché of Luxembourg. ;-)

Cheers guys.
:cool:

in_human_form

So has anyone tried vaping traditional pressed hash in a basic vapman,
and compared that to the classic?:brow:

I'd think the classic would be better as the MICA helps to keep the vapman hotter (?),
but I can't help but wonder if the mica really makes that much of a difference

I might want to leave my classic at home as it's more fragile and expensive,
and buy a vapman basic to travel the streets with...

I'd imagine the vapman basic becoming dirty on the bottom from the flame, and leaving stains?
And perhaps with the vapman basic you'll also be inhaling "small burned wood particles"...
as the tiny copper airflow-tubes are basically lying right ontop of the wood.

Think I'll probably just save up for another classic mica vapman :2c:
After several days of using the vapman, i couldn't ever see myself wanting to use a different vaporizer either. :clap:

*Q* Whats the best way to clean the plastic mouthpiece?
*Q2* Will covering the boxtree mouthpiece with a thin layer of linseed oil make the surface more slippery? I don't like how it feels a little rough.

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

So has anyone tried vaping traditional pressed hash in a basic vapman,
and compared that to the classic?:brow:

I only tried it with the Vapman basic and a concentrate screen....and it worked very well :love:

*Q* Whats the best way to clean the plastic mouthpiece?

I use an alcohol wipe. I cut a little piece off and use something thin to push the wipe through the mouthpiece. After that I rinse it in hot water.

About inhaling burned wood particles, I never experienced that and I believe that I never read about others inhaling burned wood particles. I hope that gives you peace of mind :tup::)

Top Bottom