1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapman

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by spyder, Jul 3, 2008.

1. btka

btka Well-Known Member

BTW I would also ask the authorities what exactly the definition for e-cig is... as far as the standard vapman does not use any electronics to heat up.. and it also does not use any tanks... maybe you can declare on your website that the vapman is not recommended or intended to use with liquids... the best way would be to talk with a lawyer... for example shops here in austria who are selling cbd herb declare that it is not recommended to smoke or ingest the herb ( "Not recommended for human ingestion and prohibited to make use thereof in any other way".)

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    KidFated., vapman, OF and 1 other person like this.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Power failure? The shortsighted fools........if they'd taken our advice and bought a VM they could still be vaping rather than holding their dead batteries and all?

Some guys refuse to listen to good advice.

OF

Seren, KidFated., vapman and 2 others like this.
  3. Dutch-Mic

Dutch-Mic Well-Known Member

I know this thread is not a digital church, but I need to confess a "sin". In the Vaponic thread I stated that the Vapman can be hot and harsh. Two men reacted:

I always had the feeling that my heating technique could be improved and that the harsh vapor was a technique issue. So after the reactions from both men I read lots of pages in this thread again and learned that I should torch the Vapman longer, but less frequently....and that made a very big difference! I blew out big, tasty clouds and the vapor wasn't harsh or hot at all.

My "sin" was that I stopped too soon with trying different heating techniques: forgive me..and enjoy the VM.

Seren, axakal, mephisto and 17 others like this.
  4. infinitemonkeyz

infinitemonkeyz New Member

Hello. I'm sometimes glance over this thread, even though I don't own a vapman. Seems this is a very active community. :clap: I'm currently looking to support and invest in one, are there any present complications with deliveries to the EU? (residing in the UK) The recent incidents are worrying.. :huh:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Seren, vapman, Philreal187 and 5 others like this.
  5. Dutch-Mic

Welcome!

I can't answer your question about the delivery complications, but you can buy the Vapman from Verdampftnochmal or Vaposhop:

https://verdampftnochmal.de/navi.php?qs=Vapman&search=

https://www.vaposhop.nl/search/?q=Vapman

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Seren, vapman, Philreal187 and 6 others like this.
  6. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

UK asks for a special e-cig trade registration for cross-border trade of e-cigs (and vapes which are able to vaporize e-liquids?). It's the same situation as in Germany. If the trader - anyway if Vapman or any of his retailers - isn't registrated for that there could come problems. But may be UK customs don't see any probs with vaporizers as possible e-cigs.

vapman likes this.
  7. kuzko

kuzko Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Rene’s troubles with customs. A real shame. I hope it gets figured out for the better.

On a positive note, I recently received a new Vapman and Vapman Station. I wasn’t sure how I was going to like the Station... and I friggin love it! It’s such a consistent and smooth operation, I find it addicting... I’m reaching for my Vapman and Station now instead of some of my other tried and true options.

So far I’ve just had it set to 3 and the first draw is mostly flavor but every draw after that is tasty clouds. I probably get 5-6 draws per bowl on setting 3 before my ABV is where I like it. I’m going to try the lower settings too to see how far I can stretch a bowl.

Here’s a family picture, basic Vapman, Classic Vapman, Station, and Vapman’s cousin, the Element friction vape:

[​IMG]

8. Kozzmozz

Kozzmozz Infinite realities, infinite possibilities

What a nice collection but how the devil did you get your hands on the friction vape?

vapman, Dutch-Mic and KidFated. like this.
  9. kuzko

kuzko Well-Known Member

Thanks, I managed to acquire it online from a vaporizer store in Germany called Verdampfnochmal. Not sure if they have any more. I posted about it on the Element thread too. Another FC member was able to get one soon after I believe.

vapman, Kozzmozz, Dutch-Mic and 4 others like this.
  10. vapman

vapman Well-Known Member Manufacturer

After giving the German department of health and consumer protection a deadline of 10 days, we received an answer the very next day! I wrote, that we will take this case to the next higher step, in case we don't get an answer within 10 days. To have to threaten to get an answer is really cheap and pisses me completely off. They wrote us, like @Hogni correctly suggested, to register our company in order to be allowed to send our product to end users. Reliable as a swiss watch, we did exatly this but guess what, we don't get an answer since two weeks and I couldn't care less. I am sick of this business, i want to do something else, I hate bureaucracy and paper work, I really do.

To lighten up this forum, I like to share some good moments and projects with you guys:

I made the first yew tree models from a tree I could acquire from a building site two years ago.
    What a fantastic feeling to make something of your own wood, it is the opposite of boring paper work, here is the first result:

[​IMG]

Further, @Gourmet brought me a piece of beautiful Cocobolo wood around and asked me to make vapmans of it. The only problem was, the measurements were very tight and I had to cut the block in a complex way, luckily it came out well!

[​IMG]

I had to mark the exact cutting lines on both faces.

[​IMG]

Setting and aligning the piece of wood on the small milling machine.

[​IMG]

Because the block wasn't square, I used two steel pins as reference points.

[​IMG]

Cutting with a small circular saw.

[​IMG]

Almost there.

[​IMG]

Ready for the lathe.

[​IMG]

From square to round. Enough wood for 12 base parts.

[​IMG]

Beautiful Cocobolo.

[​IMG]

This wood already shines after turning on the lathe. Unfortunately, I missed making pictures of the finished vapmans, they are all gone. Believe me, they looked real bad.;) Every time I turn the vacuum cleaner on, it starts to smell very nice like Cocobolo, I won't empty the shavings as long as possible!

Here a glimpse on the latest project. I am in the process of making a portable and light weight sawing mill, giving me the opportunity to cut my own wooden boards from native trees. My plan is to make unique furniture from all sorts of trees. I need a second leg as the business with vaporizers and vapman in particular, is becoming more and more difficult. The first furniture project will be a drawer cabinet made of 100% yew tree without using screws and nails, all joined with conical pins of yew. I will only use screws for mounting the high tech pull-out drawer systems and they won't be visible.

[​IMG]

Sequal follows!

Hope you enjoyed this post!

vapman:)

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Kozzmozz, 6079Smith, Seren and 27 others like this.
  11. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

That little circular saw is pretty sweet! Hope all works out Rene, your product is still one of the best, don’t let them break you down man. :peace:

PS, I wanna send you a chunk of wood for some vapmans!

12. Gourmet

Gourmet Well-Known Member

Very nice to see it on pics, how you filleting the cocobolo-wood! :cool:

Indeed, you did a great job and another masterpieces, me and my friends are very happy and feeling privileged, to had the chance with this privat special edition. Once again, thank you so much for your passion and your arts-craft! :clap:

[​IMG]

When it's protectet wood, please get insured, that the wood has all necessary papers and is legal to export of your country as well to import it in Switzerland. Otherwise René riscs to get a criminal proceeding.

It is quite a hard job to organize all the information and permission for special protected wood... :hmm:

Seren, paehtod, vapman and 14 others like this.
  13. Copacetic

Copacetic Somewhere North of The Wall

I have mixed feeling re' this post René!
    On one hand I hate that the bureaucracy is getting you down to the point that you're exploring other directions.
    On the other hand I'm very excited to see what you make outside the vape industry!

On yet another hand I friggin' LOVE LOVE LOVE the VM's pictured.
    The other side of that is the terrible ENVY I am having to endure as a result of these pictures :nod:
    :drool:
    You and your compadres are very lucky vapers @Gourmet.

I really (I mean REALLY) hope that at least one of you is intending to get in touch with @Mojo to get some tattoo magic cast upon one of those.

Ever since I bought the 'one ring' vapman off @natural farmer (thanks bro!) I've dreamt of exotic VM like these with the celtic border tattoo.

I'm very lucky to own the 'one ring', but these yew and Cocobolo VM are truly SPECTACULAR !

I really hope the red tape eases up and VapMan once again takes it's place as the long standing, and still leading vape that we love.

Despite this, I'm excited to see your other work René :whip:

14. Gourmet

Gourmet Well-Known Member

That was the first idea. Unfortunately, all the custom regulations and paper requirements for the import and export for both mailing route would be way too difficult to meet for this highly protected wood. Too big the danger of confiscation and prosecution, if only a little form-detail doesn't match. :(

Nevertheless, I'm absolut for the convention on international trade in endangered species of wild fauna and flora and respect the international protection efforts. BTW, the wood was distributed by an official and legal dealer in Germany.

RUDE BOY, vapman, KidFated. and 4 others like this.
  15. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

haven't been around for over a year, but this thread somehow kept its happy family vibe. :)

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    vapmanjoe, Dutch-Mic, Gourmet and 4 others like this.
  16. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

Welcome back @axakal and thanks you all for the nice Pictures, especialy @vapman and @Gourmet

The special Vapmans (Vapmen?) are really really beautiful!

I hope all the recent legal stuff gets sorted out quickly and we can enjoy this Vape for a long time to come!

Dutch-Mic, Gourmet, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  17. Copacetic

Copacetic Somewhere North of The Wall

Damn, that's a shame :bang:
    I too see the need for care with increasingly rare species though :shrug:

And I certainly wouldn't want to risk losing any of those beauties, so I certainly sympathise!

Perhaps an engraver local to you could provide a solution?
    I'd be nervous though, unless the engraver understood the value of the piece and was VERY confident of flawless success !

I hope that there are other visually special species that could still be sent to @Mojo for branding?
    You still do some occasionally @Mojo?

I wonder if the Yew VM would be subject to the same stringency of reg's?
    I know that Yew as a whole is not considered endangered, but some sub-species are near extinction, so reg's may be specific to 'at risk' sub species, or alternatively blanket the entire Yew group?

That pale white/pink combo would look amazing with some dark knotwork branding IMO (although they look stunning without it anyway ).
    If @René plans to offer a 'supply your own wood' service I may find it impossible to resist a custom VM!

Either way, I hope you all enjoy your very special VM :cheers:

EDIT:
    Apologies, I think I should have been tagging @vapman in my last couple posts, not René!

Dutch-Mic, Gourmet, RUDE BOY and 2 others like this.
  18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Same guy? I bet he got the message........

Otherwise yer very right, of course.

OF

Dutch-Mic, Gourmet, Copacetic and 3 others like this.
  19. vapman

vapman Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Either way is cool, I can't remember how and when my name got mentioned in this thread, it is now a fact anyway.

Thanks for all the friendly responses, as @RUDE BOY used to quote: Life is good!:tup:(Hopefully more often than not.)

vapman

20. Dutch-Mic

Last week I experimented everyday with the Vapman. To use a music analogy: I feel a bit like a young son that tells his dad he finally understands and enjoys jazz music, and that the father thinks proud with a little smile: 'told you it's good...'

After experimenting with different heating techniques I experienced the following:

- A full pan results in a session with really great taste that lasts until the end of the session and I experience not any harshness and/or hot vapor at all.
    My tolerance is so low that I can only finish the bowl in three sessions. Between those sessions I keep the herbs in a AVB container.

- The concentrate screen reduces the pan size and is very practical for microdosing. Maybe it's still my heating technique, but sometimes the vapor is a bit harsh with the screen. I can finish the bowl in one session...and sleep very well after that bowl :zzz:

To conclude the post: I already was enthousiastic about the Vapman, but I
    finally experience how good the Vapman is, and get now why many of you are so happy with it. All this experimentation resulted in a bad case of VAS: I want to buy a classic model as a back-up so the basic pear one has some company.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

My father introduced me to progressive rock music when I was young. I loved Yes and could appreciate a bit of the ol' Genesis when Peter Gabriel was still in the group, but other than those bands it was not my favourite genre. After my twentieth birthday I started to appreciate the older progressive rock bands more and more and now I'm looking forward to visit concerts with my dad. Next week we're going to see Camel:

Click to play YouTube Video

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Seren, vapman, RUDE BOY and 5 others like this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Congratulations, but IMO you, the user, deserve a lot/most of the credit. You control the loading and heating, the mistakes are all yours to make. It takes skill and understanding (and experience) to get consistent good results.

Getting 'just a couple more' is completely understandable, and proves you're taking this seriously.

Thanks for the great post, even if I'm not a jazz fan. Good to know good people are still.

OF

Seren, vapman, RUDE BOY and 5 others like this.
  22. Used2use

Used2use Sometimes to stupid to become a fool

Don't expect the accuracy of swiss trains for german trains, same for bureaucracy...
    My family got a letter of the bureau for weapons about a missing weapon registered to my grandpa - 8 years after he died :whoa:, turned out it was laying in a museum for 30 years :lol:
    But in hindsight there are some poor beings somewhere in a bureau doing the same s day by day and the pile still keeps growing - imagine after cutting that piece of yew, there would be laying 2 more, after cutting those 3 more etc - how long would it take to suck?
    Ok bad example, probably till the last yew tree is cut :lol:
    Heads up, and keep poking those 'sleeping bureaucracy beautys' ;)

vapman, RUDE BOY and Dutch-Mic like this.
  23. VapeKnight

VapeKnight Well-Known Member

I've been spending the last few weeks with my new Fury 2. You know how it is, you get a new vape and in the excitement none of the others get to see daylight for a while. So it was time to take out the VM and remind myself why I love it so much. It didn't take long, in fact just popping open the egg already made me remember how well thought out this product is from vape to case. I do truly love the Fury 2 for many reasons. It performs exactly as I needed it to for stealth and portability and functions beautifully. However, there is alway something special about using the VM. The Fury or Grasshopper are simply for stealth , speed, and general on the go vaping. The VM on the other hand is something I like to take my time, sit and relax while admiring its beauty and design. That is what evokes a more intimate connection to this little marvel that keeps it at the top of my list. Now excuse me while I go get my Vapman...

vapman, Hogni, Froggit and 7 others like this.
  24. keeplit

keeplit Well-Known Member

Hello all! I'm in the market for a new vape after my arizer solo flipping broke 2 months after purchase, it is being replaced under warranty but obviously now I don't trust that it wont eventually break again.

I'm thinking a walnut basic will serve me well! I keep reading on here about charring on the vapman but all the photos I can find are looking pretty pristine to me. Does anyone have a photo of a vapman that has had a year or so use or something?

I'm heavily leaning towards getting one of these, it's between this and the vaponic but I'm pretty certain I will burn myself or something else with the vaponic :D I'm about 85% certain that I am going with the vapman.

Have a good day everyone!

vapman, Dutch-Mic, VAPEHUNTER and 3 others like this.
  25. Philreal187

Philreal187 Well-Known Member

@keeplit I just took these pictures of my three and a half year old walnut basic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My vapman works as good as day one and I probably only do a deep clean around once a year! I use this vapman almost everyday and its by far my favorite vape I have ever owner or tried. My solo 2 would be next after the vapman for most use and enjoyable experience.

Btw I'm sure that Solo will treat you great it really is tank and has lasted people many years.

:peace:

vapman, almost there, Gourmet and 8 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors