Vapman

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
All I can imagine is that the golden bowl get dirtier without the screen than with it. I never tried, so I cannot tell, but hell - YOLO! Crumble some of that good shit and try it! :-)

Another thing: I have a spare Vapman Station in case that the lighter technique should annoy you. That one I would not order new (;)), but could send it to you if the desire arises. :tup:

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/Vapman-Station

Also in that kit the screen should be included. And the VM has a white mp instead a black one. Just FYI.

Rene, are there any other woods available, perhaps some exotics or burls?

Hogni

As I told you, real Butternasen! ;)

After all there only is missed the screen and the mp has the wrong (really wrong for my liking) colour.
Try to build a custom screen if I've the right size in stock. I dont think direct contact to the copper pan does make it right. I fear to overheat/burn the stuff and discolour your pan even if iso cleaned after that. I don't want that.
Getting back a girl that is no virgin anymore is ok but she mustn't permantly look abused.

OF

Following the advices regarding upheating times I got some flavours but really no vapour. The blue flame is around 10-15mm after preheating the copper pan and an upheat time of 9 sec I finally got some whispy vapour. Is that normal? Don't want to upheat until combustion. What are your advices?

There is a very large difference in heat output (gas burned) with lighters, even discounting flame adjustment. And you're not using the 'standard' lighter? Forget what others are getting time wise until you're 'calibrated'. More over, there are two lengths of flames (inner and outer cones) to further confuse things. Sounds to me like you're running cooler than I do, I adjust so the outer flame is as long as the mouth of VM is wide, FWIW.

Not all lighter flames of the same size deliver the same heat.

You clearly need more heat if you're not getting the results you want. Only two ways to fix that, bigger flame or more time.

My advice for new owners continues to be 'be brave' with the heat until you really understand what's going on. Combustion is pretty hard to do and gives plenty of warning (taste wise) as you 'sneak up on it' from below. And combustion a time or two for education purposes is unpleasant but hardly fatal to you or the VM. After cleaning what little 'taste of combustion' that's left is rapidly covered up by fresh condensate from normal use that coats and seals the surfaces inside. And remember that while overheating the load is possible, real combustion cannot happen if you don't hit it and draw fresh Oxygen in to support it.

I suggest you wind the flame up a bit and press on. Try slightly longer reheat times, then longer still, until you get the results you want. Open it up and inspect the herb as you do. You'll get black spots before things get too far out of hand. I also recommend changing loads if you reheat it several times (you can use it later once you sort it out) as you want to learn how to make vapor with a fresh load?

"Don't be shy with the heat" is my advice for new owners. Your call.

OF

Hogni

Thanks a lot. Seems I'm already on the right way. It's getting better and better. As nearly every vape this one has it's own learning curve too. But I have to be carefully while testing, it's not my own VM ;)
What it makes really interesting for use in public (not it's appearance!) is it's potential to vape stuff w/o vapour (and smell) but nevertheless with a really awesome taste and high effective. The right thing for a stealthy use on a toilet in a bar (or Deutsche Bundesbahn) if you are on the go.
I had two - very effective -bowls together with my gf the last half an hour - baked again :smug:
I start to like it more and more....

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
Yes, I am registered in Germany but I have to register in Switzerland as well and implement a minimum age restriction on our website, this has still to be done.

I don't have many different woods at the moment, there is american walnut, pear tree, yew tree (two-toned and single toned) and ash tree.

vapman

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I only have one wood and it is, honestly said, not very exotic.
Ehm. Wait. You are talking about Vapman bodies, right? Ehm. Alright. Scratch that. ;)

I am very glad that I had the chance to buy some exotic Vapmen when they were still available.
@vapman: The Juniper Vapman still receives all the honor that it deserves. It is treated like a cult object and I love it!

Some of the family members, Juniper is second from the right, the rest was on holiday at friends when I took the photo:

Last edited:

Modicum

The idea of a "torch" plus the sound it makes made me think twice about purchasing a Vapman. However I found a Lotus Flat Flame (torch), it uses less butane and get this , It's silent. It is 1 wide flat flame without that awful hiss. It heats like a torch and the delicious flavors of Rene's work of art shine through. I have also used the Heating Station which is fool proof , perfectly perfect every time.
I also lost any fear I had of a butane lighter and use it when I'm without the flat flame.

vapenerd

@Dynavaper is it worth to buy the station or not? I almost ordered it today when VAS kicked in. Not sure it makes sense though, I already have an E-Nano as a desktop vape. I also think 270 Swiss Francs is kind of a high price. With that money I could buy a Haze Square or 2,5 ELEV8Яs or ... damn, so many options.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
@Dynavaper is it worth to buy the station or not? I almost ordered it today when VAS kicked in. Not sure it makes sense though, I already have an E-Nano as a desktop vape. I also think 270 Swiss Francs is kind of a high price. With that money I could buy a Haze Square or 2,5 ELEV8Яs or ... damn, so many options.

Let me put it like this: If you already own an E-Nano (excellent device) and using the Vapman with a torch is working well for you, then I would not buy a station. It's mainly an accessory, not a necessity. You will only have a better experience with the station if the lighter method is (for any reason) not suitable for you. But then, it's great.

kuzko

Personally, I love the Station. It’s super refined and easy to use. It’s sorta like what an Induction heater does for the VapCap.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Thanks, what's about use of hash without the screen? I've ever heard how good the Vapman shall work with that. Am eager to give it a try.

It'll work nice, better as with the screen imho, but you're Vapman will get nearly uncleanable dirty over time. For me, the only way to get rid of the black debris caused by the hash was scratching with a blade.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
This is just to comfirm that Magic Erasers like those:
mr-clean-magic-erasers.jpg

are THE perfect cleaning solution for the Vapman bowl. Like brandnew, each and everytime! :tup:
It does not have to be this specific brand. Most supermarkets carry them also from other brands. They all do well.

OF

[QUOTE="Used2use, post: 1295171, member:- but the screens can get hard to clean once gumped up with hash...so i prefer it mostly without screen[/QUOTE]

Try flaming them. Hold them in an old roach clip or a wire through the hole and torch them until they glow. They're Stainless Steel, you can't hurt them this way. Once cool, everything not SS is ash and can be brushed or blown off.

OF

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
  • @Dynavaper , so I've your allowence to use your nearly brandnew VM w/o a screen with hash just for science's sake cause you have the wonder cleaner? It's full-melting stuff but it will build up some reclaim for sure.

IME it would be really better on a screen (even home made, like 2 normal screens with a hole in the middle), otherwise it will probably leak into one of the three little tubes under the crucible or even out of it.. maybe not if microdose..
Also screen would keep hash in the middle of the oven far from the crucible walls (relying fully on a softer radiant heat and giving back a better flavor IMO)

I find flowers too taste better on the screen (very finely ground with mflb finishing grinder)

Razshiro

Hey, i can't acces to : https://shop.vapman.com , i got this message:

"Aufgrund eines Konfigurationsfehlers scheint die Webseite, welche Sie besuchen möchten, nicht verfügbar zu sein.
Überprüfen Sie bitte, ob Sie in Ihrem Control Panel die betroffene Domain sowie die betroffene Webseite eingerichtet haben.
Bei Fragen hilft Ihnen unser Support gerne weiter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to a configuration error the site you are requesting is not available.
Please check that the affected domain and website is set up in your control panel.
If you have any questions our support will gladly help you."

SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

@vapman Thanks for your help !!

Razshiro,
Reactions: vapman

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
It seems as if @vapman has to renew his SSL certificate for the shop.
Scratch that. It's valid, but for the wrong subdomain. It's issued for www.shop.vapman.com.
https://www.www.shop.vapman.com works, but doesn't load the CSS for proper screen display. It's a "Let's encrypt" certificate. They are generally fine and especially free, but the renewal bot often causes problems. I have seen that too often with my own sites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom