• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapman

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I brought some tiny bit of Nepali Temple Ball with me from Amsterdam and guess I will try it in the Vapman later on. I never used Hash with my Vapman, only Weed.

@Hogni: I have quite a large collection of Vapmen and would gladly send you one of them for you to try. You can simply send it back when you came to your verdict. Deal? We'll talk anyway, so please keep that in mind!
:rockon:

I will come back to this thread and René's posting later on, I am still on the motorway on my way back home...

Maczilla

Nice to see people still rockin the vapman, all the stores locally dont sell this anymore. I honestly stopped using it when I got the dynavap, its much easier to use if you dont have a precise lighter( and a non mica lined vapman).

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I have wanted a Vapcap/dynavap since seeing the first version, but I alway think I'm never going to love it as much as my Vapman

I wouldn't do this comparison anyway. They are both butane-driven. That's all they have in common. The Vapman has an unique vapor and usage profile. If it's "either - or" then I would say "both!". ;) Each one takes me to a different place and so do I with them.

Last edited:

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
I am not sure why it is so difficult with vapman. Is vapman too expensive, is the usage too difficult for most people, are torch driven vaporizers a niche and stay a niche?
Imo you are selling vapman to cheap, compared to Sticky Brick Jr & Lotus 150€, VC TiWoody 100€ and even the vaponic+ with 80€ (most overpriced bit of wood imo) it has by far the best build and finish quality :clap:
If i think about how my swiss bike frame set went up 25% in price alone due to exchange rates over the years...but i still bought a 2. one ;)
Vapman's heart of gold (bowl) seems to fit perfect for the more 'trendy' microdosing, maybe a portable electric version attracts more attention with simpler and more stealthy usage... - the market for reliable vapes with exchangable 18650s is still pretty slim, esp in EU

breiter_fighter

Hey friends! I quitted combustion few month ago, here where I live it is quite usual to mix tobacco and herbs and combusting them. Then I was inspired by a friend who very simply stopped combustion. It was a whole new idea for me. So I got a vapcap M18 and never combusted again since that day. Needless to say that I feel much better and enjoy vaping more and more each day.
Now I came to the following point: I love to play music, so I'm a lot in jamsessions, Festivals concerts etc. And Sometimes it is impossible to hear the click of the M in such surroundings. Now I don't know which vape I should get.
I really love the idea of the sticky brick Jr. But I think it can be very hard to hide it if it's necessary, For example passing security.
I also like the vaponic and I am very interested in the vapman and lotus also. Of course I would like to have all of them but I only can (and want) to afford one.
Do you have any recommendations? I also have an Arizer extreme Q and want to sell Or trade it because I enjoy butane vapes much more than electronic ones. Maybe someone is I teresyed here to make an exchange?
So long, love you all. Greetings from. Good old schörmäni :peace:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Hey friends! I quitted combustion few month ago, here where I live it is quite usual to mix tobacco and herbs and combusting them. Then I was inspired by a friend who very simply stopped combustion. It was a whole new idea for me. So I got a vapcap M18 and never combusted again since that day. Needless to say that I feel much better and enjoy vaping more and more each day.
Now I came to the following point: I love to play music, so I'm a lot in jamsessions, Festivals concerts etc. And Sometimes it is impossible to hear the click of the M in such surroundings. Now I don't know which vape I should get.
I really love the idea of the sticky brick Jr. But I think it can be very hard to hide it if it's necessary, For example passing security.
I also like the vaponic and I am very interested in the vapman and lotus also. Of course I would like to have all of them but I only can (and want) to afford one.
Do you have any recommendations? I also have an Arizer extreme Q and want to sell Or trade it because I enjoy butane vapes much more than electronic ones. Maybe someone is I teresyed here to make an exchange?
So long, love you all. Greetings from. Good old schörmäni :peace:
Welcome to FC :wave:

Try using your M while you have headphones on to simulate what it's like to use the VapMan.
If you can master that timing then you'll have no trouble operating the VapMan.
The VM is actually a little more forgiving that my Ti Vapcaps, in that when the click is inaudible , I am more likely to combust in the VapCap.
Both are really great vapes, but I think I'd rather take an M to a concert than my VM.
With the VC there are only two parts to keep track of while filling/emptying (but one can get pretty hot - cap), while with the VM there are three (body, mouthpiece, funnel ) but your hands are protected from the heat better.

It's a little easier to conceal the VC, and it's more robust.

However I still love my VM for home use, or where there's less 'rough and tumble'.
The VM and VC are GREAT companion vapes and I've never regretted buying either for a moment.
I've never tried the Sticky-brick, but would love to one day, but as you say they are less 'pocketable' than either VC or VM.
I've also never tried the Lotus, despite wanting to for quite a long time now, but of the choices you presented it's the one which interests me the least now (no shame in that though, everything you've mentioned are solid choices).

Get a VapMan:nod:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
The Vapman is so much more than just a functional vaporizer.
It is a wonderful and unique piece of handcrafted art that also works wonders as vaporizer. It might not be for everyone and it requires a bit more effort than a regulated plastic vape, but I would not want to miss the Vapman in my collection. It's so special and makes me feel special too, when I use it. Thanks for that, @vapman!

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
Thanks for the kind words, it is much appreciated!

If i think about how my swiss bike frame set went up 25% in price alone due to exchange rates over the years...but i still bought a 2. one ;)

This is a crucial point you are mentioning here. In 2005, vapman was considered as quite expensive but since then, the Swiss franc went up 45% compared to the Euro and 31% compared to the US Dollar, making vapman even more expensive for all the clients outside of Switzerland. In order to keep the prices at a reasonable level, I was forced to lower the prices and in 2009 I had the idea of making a cheaper basic version. Would the exchange rates still be at the same level as when I started, a classic pear tree model would cost USD 86.-- only (inclusive shipping!) and a basic model USD 64.-- and I would still make the same earnings in Swiss francs! Exchange rates matter a lot! Would and could don't help, I have to accept the fact, that in my situation, the exchange rates went in the wrong direction. Lot of Swiss are taking advantage of these exchange rates and do their shopping over the border in Germany, France or Italy, getting much more for their money. I am in the wrong country at the wrong time with the right product, that's all. ;)

vapman

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
@vapman: I wonder - have you thought about opening an EUR bank account, either across the border in Germany or Austria, or even in Switzerland? You could then accept all payments from non-swiss customers via that bank account to avoid the direct conversion. You could later transfer the EUR asset at times when the conversion rate is more favorable. We have some customers for our products in Switzerland and I know that this is the way they operate to be a bit less prone to ever-changing currency rates and losses during conversion.

vapman

Manufacturer
Yes, I thought of this already but the exchange rate went since I started in one direction only, therefore it wouldn't have helped until now. I think vapman should be made in the EU or even better in the US, that is where the music plays as far as vaporizers goes. This would mean, better prices and margins for resellers, less shipping costs and a huge market at your door step. Switzerland is great for developing, not for manufacturing or selling unless it is really high tech. Vapman is not high tech and therefore not suited anymore for this country.

vapman

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yesterday I got the new Vapman of @Dynavaper delivered. Gave it a try in the later evening. Following the advices regarding upheating times I got some flavours but really no vapour. The blue flame is around 10-15mm after preheating the copper pan and an upheat time of 9 sec I finally got some whispy vapour. Is that normal? Don't want to upheat until combustion. What are your advices?
But effects and flavours were really impressive yet. And handling of this device better than expected although you have to load it very carefully. Like also the easy to controll nice, pretty free airflow.

BTW It came from VDNM without original packaging (just the egg), screw driver, concentrate screen and with another branded torch lighter - that shoudn't be I think?
Would like to give it a try with some hash today. But w/o the screen it seems not be recommanded I guess?

Last edited:

vapman

Manufacturer
@Hogni: With a flame of 15mm (measured from the brass nozzle) you have to heat twice for about 4 seconds with a small interval in-between if the bowl is still cold. Once the bowl is hot, you only have to heat once. It is far better to under heat than to over heat, if you don't get enough vapor, just heat an additional one or two seconds. After a few bowls you will do it blind, the usage of vapman becomes very natural and a pleasant ritual, with vapman you are in the drivers seat!

Wish you joy with vapman!

vapman

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
BTW It came from VDNM without original packaging (just the egg), screw driver, concentrate screen and with another branded torch lighter - that shoudn't be I think?

I guess that's normal. I have ordered the "Ya Man Edition" for you, which is an edition that VDNM has compiled themselves. https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/Ya-Man-Jam-Edition

Originally, I wanted to order this set for you:
https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/Vapman-Set-Classic-Birne-
That would have been MUCH nicer, but it is sold out at VDNM.

I did not order an additional original Vapman Lighter. My apologies. It's a great (!) lighter, but I thought that you surely aready have enough Jet Lighters at home... ;)

Concerning the heating technique: It takes some time to get used to it, but becomes second nature later on. I do not count any longer when I heat the Vapman and I can smell already when putting the device to my mouth, whether it is hot enough or not. Just put your nose to the mouthpiece shortly before inhaling. In some hours (or days), you will know what I mean! ;-)

The finer the grind, the more chance for visible vapor. But I must admit that the Vapman is the only vaporizer that got me high in the sky without any visible vapor exhalation. You CAN produce clouds with it. But you don't have to. ;)

Concerning the hash: I did put mine on a bed of weed. I would recommend to use the screen if you want to vape the hash solo.

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
All I can imagine is that the golden bowl get dirtier without the screen than with it. I never tried, so I cannot tell, but hell - YOLO! Crumble some of that good shit and try it! :-)

Another thing: I have a spare Vapman Station in case that the lighter technique should annoy you. That one I would not order new (;)), but could send it to you if the desire arises. :tup:

https://verdampftnochmal.de/products/de/Vapman-Station

Last edited:

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Yes, I thought of this already but the exchange rate went since I started in one direction only, therefore it wouldn't have helped until now. I think vapman should be made in the EU or even better in the US, that is where the music plays as far as vaporizers goes. This would mean, better prices and margins for resellers, less shipping costs and a huge market at your door step. Switzerland is great for developing, not for manufacturing or selling unless it is really high tech. Vapman is not high tech and therefore not suited anymore for this country.

vapman
I volunteer to make them in the US. ;)

Top Bottom