Vapman

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
DIY concentrate screens with normal pipe screens? Has anyone done or tried this and found it to work?

I agree.

The vapman concentrate screens are thicker and hold the liquid much better than a regular thin screen.

You can also use two or three screens stacked to increase the surface area.

This.
The DIY screens works well with hash but not so much with stuff that fully liquefies.
You could definitly stack several screens to have a finer mesh but if you plan to do this often the original screens are well worth their price.

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Here's a custom walnut two-tone tattooed vapman that just arrived at its new owner's home:

IMG_20170422_183512.jpg

IMG_20170421_211854.jpg

Chandler

i took a hiatus from vapman last few weeks so i could experience my new sticky brick jr...

Sticky Brick is great! the long vapor path and draw while lighting technique (similar to Lotus), make for a different experience (in comparison to vapman), and allows for extremely smooth, dense, flavorful vapor. The vapor is so smooth its surprising when taking an average draw turns into a cloud fest.

if ppl think vapmans lighting technique is difficult, then stay away from the sticky brick! heating while drawing and understanding correct draw speed, how much flame, when to lay off, avoiding heat spots, stirring every few hits etc. can be somewhat daunting. Mastering the technique however offers great rewards. The effects are potent. draw resistance is non existant, vapor is dense and flavor is great.

build quality is great! no complaints. overall, a very nice vaporizer and great addition to the collection....

Back to vapman.... Now when i finally came back to my vapman, it was an extremely pleasant revisting. the size, craftsman ship, design, oh how i've missed it. Using the torch to light and then draw felt so nice. i prefer that technique over SBJ's. Taking a draw from vapman feels and looks (in a herbal sense of things) classy. SBJ, i wouldn't want to be caught (by a stranger) taking a draw from. Vapman is much more discrete. SBJ while in use is the polar opposite of discrete.

When it comes to flavor, its close. i personally think vapman might have the edge. i feel like because the vapor path is so short, terpenes smack our tongues quick and hard allowing for a more robust taste. however, its real close. For me personally, the debate concerning Convection vs Conduction is dead.
i've added a SBJ and a CFV to my arsenal and while they both taste fabulous, neither is a clear winner vs. my Vapman or Mighty. when it comes to effects, thats also hard to judge. i require more long term testing to say my convection vapes allow for more potent effects..... However, i did experience phenomenal effects from SBJ. because you heat while drawing, your able to inhale vapor in extreme amounts. you can draw high temp smooth vapor for as long as your lungs will allow, which allows for more heightened effects....

Returning to vapman after weeks with SBJ, immediately i noticed my vapman technique had slighty changed. i had a strong desire for bigger, denser clouds. So i push vapman to the brink. i'm not usually a huge cloud chaser, but i've been applying more heat to vapman sessions and enjoying it. i can't draw clouds on par with SBJ, but you can blow massive clouds none the less. someone asked a few pages back if you could take multiple draws before relighting your vapman... the answer is yes! if you're well into a session and using high temps, i can take sometimes up to 3 draws of nice vapor before its time to relight.

My experience with SBJ, which has furthered my technique with vapman, also changed my habbits with my Mighty. usually i don't set Mighty above 353f. thats just comfortable with no irritation. lately i find myself ramping up the heat as my sessions come to an end and finish up at 410f. this was crazy to me, as i NEVER vaped at 400 with my crafty, or Mighty. but i came to realize, that when vapor production begins to decrease, when i up the temp it doesn't effect my lungs like when the herb is fresh and i start at a high temp. its funny, but such a simple revelation and now my Mighty sessions have become even more uplifting and enjoyable.

verdict. The sticky brick has a strong learning curve, but its awesome. it enhanced my vapman technique and i'm glad i got it. is it better than vapman? no. its different, but equally as nice. I think it was a great addition, a much better vaporizer than my Boundless CFV.

i picked up the Brick over a Station because it just 'made more sense' at the time. My next purchase i believe will be either the station or a vapcap.

have we compared vapcap to vapman? i might have asked the question a while back, i'm sure its been mentioned, can't remember. i'll take yall thoughts on that matter!

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
A friend gifted me some excellent bubble hash and the obvious choice for it has been my Vapman with two concentrate screens acting like a little hash cage. Great flavor, huge clouds and the pan remains shiny. I'm not really an hash guy so feel free to give me any suggestion regarding it.

204Markie

@Chandler: Great review, informative and credible, thank you!:)

Is it possible to put a pre order down for the station when they are available again. As a Canadian consumer what website is the best place to purchase one?

The vapman is my 6th vape and is now my primary vape! Had it for a couple months and I fell in love, just wanting to expand my experience with this unit!

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I want the vapman and the vapman station to replace my e nano.
I have a few logs as well as a few vapman units and the station. I love them both but I don't know I would go as far as to say that one can replace the other.

Just a couple differences to note....

The vapman is conduction while the logs are convection. There is a difference in the vapor and taste. I don't mind either but some folks seem to far prefer the convection over conduction.

Also the log requires a cord while the vapman can be torch driven or provide a plug in experience with the station. I see this as an advantage to the vapman and station combo.

Both can provide a very efficient experience and both can work with concentrates (need hemp fiber or cotton with the log and screens with the vapman) so this is a bit of a draw.

Again I like both and will use either depending on my mood at the time but I wanted to just highlight some things to consider.

Doktor Dub

Is it possible to put a pre order down for the station when they are available again. As a Canadian consumer what website is the best place to purchase one?

The vapman is my 6th vape and is now my primary vape! Had it for a couple months and I fell in love, just wanting to expand my experience with this unit!

Just send a Mail to Rene, he can give you Info about distributors or ordering direct. He is very helpful and responsive.

Have a nice Day all Vapmen :-)

OF

Have a nice Day all Vapmen :-)

.... and Vapwomen as well, of course. Few in number, a truly positive contribution we could use more of I think.

Somehow, 'Vappersons' seems so very wrong.........

This strange language we pinched off the Brits was strange/difficult enough before the PC crowd took over. Then again, we almost picked German......which would have led to street names nobody could spell.

OF

Whissmu

More than 2 months using each day the vapman (several times during the day) and continues as effective as the first day.
Of how many I have .. this is my favorite furtive / incognito, there is no vape that resists the abuse that resists the vapman.

thanks Vapman and FC
image.jpg

image.jpg

davesmith

Glass Blower
My vapman is very well used, the pans practically completely black and the woods so charred it's almost about to effect the use. I still love it and would replace it in a heartbeat. It's currently my favourite way to enjoy hash, it seems almost impossible to combust and can finish a pan in 3 big rips through water. I slipped a little mflb whip silicon over my wooden mouthpiece and it mates perfectly with a ten mm female. I sort of think of it as my hash nail. I do use a concentrate screen although I'm def not fussy about keeping the bowl clean, it really makes no difference to me. Vap on vapeople

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Last night I met a friend who I converted to vapor showing him my Vapman and he was all hyped up by his new Mighty sitting in a Pelican case with all the glass attachments and bubblers and stuff. Asked him about his Vapman, if he is still using it sometimes. The answer? He bought another one because "only one felt wrong". This little thing really has something special.

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
Last night I met a friend who I converted to vapor showing him my Vapman and he was all hyped up by his new Mighty sitting in a Pelican case with all the glass attachments and bubblers and stuff. Asked him about his Vapman, if he is still using it sometimes. The answer? He bought another one because "only one felt wrong". This little thing really has something special.

That's awesome.

I tell people, this vape is so personal that it's the only vape that people feel the urge to name them. :D

Top Bottom