Vapman

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Just did for the first time the toothpick mod (to close they 3 fresh air intake holes), and used it with a bubbler, wow vapor is thick but also faster to extract, like it a lot!

Yep, the only occasion where I close my Vapman intakes is when using it with a bubbler. If you like it this way I'd suggest you to contact René and have a WonG midsection turned for you.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Yep, the only occasion where I close my Vapman intakes is when using it with a bubbler. If you like it this way I'd suggest you to contact René and have a WonG midsection turned for you.

I was thinking about it (I recall picture of yours) but I kind of like to use it keepin it with my hand while hitting (without forcing it into ground joint) the seal is fonctional and I can heat an hit and heat and hit in rapid sequence (and without risks to force on the connection between bowl part and midsection)

One thing I would like to have would be a metallic cone going into midsection, bypassing carb holes and separating wood from vapor. Ideally this cone should be easy to take off-put in (depending if you use your VM dry or through water)

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
I was thinking about it (I recall picture of yours) but I kind of like to use it keepin it with my hand while hitting (without forcing it into ground joint) the seal is fonctional and I can heat an hit and heat and hit in rapid sequence (and without risks to force on the connection between bowl part and midsection)

One thing I would like to have would be a metallic cone going into midsection, bypassing carb holes and separating wood from vapor. Ideally this cone should be easy to take off-put in (depending if you use your VM dry or through water)
Yep! I've talked with René about this idea - I called it a trumpet... Haha

But an easy way to cover the air holes would be using a small but thick rubber band. You can slip it on and off as needed.

I just cup the vapman in my left hand holding the ring with my ring finger and cover the air holes with my index finger. I can move my index finger closer or farther from the holes as needed - even while I'm drawing.

If it's not clear I can upload a pic or two later.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Thank you too @M0J0 I ended putting a high temp silicone tubing (cutted like a ring) that covers every hole and it works

I like trumpet name, it could also improve taste as it would be easily and deeply cleaned at wish.
Obviously heat conduction would make it difficult to use it dry, but through water...

M0J0

Thank you too @M0J0 I ended putting a high temp silicone tubing (cutted like a ring) that covers every hole and it works

I like trumpet name, it could also improve taste as it would be easily and deeply cleaned at wish.
Obviously heat conduction would make it difficult to use it dry, but through water...
I like the Silicone Tubing much better than the rubber band.

Thanks!

OF

I like the Silicone Tubing much better than the rubber band.

Thanks!

Not that rubber bands don't have their proper place in the grand scheme of things.......

Back when I was experimenting with this I used PTFE tape, which, of course, came off easy and clean. Gave me a 'handle' of sorts unscrewing the mid section. It was fun, but I didn't like the effect. I went back to the holes designed in.

OF

M0J0

Not that rubber bands don't have their proper place in the grand scheme of things.......

Back when I was experimenting with this I used PTFE tape, which, of course, came off easy and clean. Gave me a 'handle' of sorts unscrewing the mid section. It was fun, but I didn't like the effect. I went back to the holes designed in.

OF
I agree. I, like most of us, plugged the air holes at first. It gave more visible vapor, but it was much hotter.

After I got to know my vapman, I kept them unplugged to this day.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags

I tought about a similar thing as well, I was using the MFLB Orbiter glass connector but couldnt push it far enough to cover the holes from the inside.

But an easy way to cover the air holes would be using a small but thick rubber band. You can slip it on and off as needed.

In the beginning of my Vapman journey I used a rubber band but as you say:

After I got to know my vapman, I kept them unplugged to this day.

An update about my Mighty friend: yesterday he visited me to try his new toy with my bubbler but guess what? Battery dead and charger at home.

204Markie

Sorry, I did not receive any email from you asking about the station. BTW, we have more stations ready again! I am looking forward to your email or pm, what ever you prefer.

vapman

You're my hero!

I'll be sure to write a review and possibly an unboxing video! Since I haven't seen either of the two on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandler

I'll be sure to write a review and possibly an unboxing video! Since I haven't seen either of the two on the internet.
Video review? Yes, please. Do it up! @VapeCritic mentioned many months ago that he had a review for the Vapman n station in the works which should be completed soon... He's still yet to release that video, so why not be the first?!

sternenstaub

Hey Vapples,
how do you carry your thing?

As I just throw the pieces alltogether in a giant bag, I thought I could do probably better than that. And assuming the VM community is a bit on the aesthetical side, I wonder what that will look like.
Please tell and show it to us!

From time to time I realize that I admire the Vapstash on pictures. I am quite sure I wouldn't like the Vapcap for what of I read of it's draw resistance, that wooden Vapstash really shines though.

OF

Hey Vapples,
how do you carry your thing?

Like this (at least sometimes:
OuMEUEx.jpg

That's a small camera case (hard) from Amazon. Herb in the tube, factory torch lighter. In the net in the top is the loading ring, concentrate screens, some concentrate and toothpicks:
DjiKOdH.jpg

Closed up it's easy to slip into a pocket:
UNPA2HV.jpg

I used to use a soft case, but like the extra protection for the little fellow.

OF

Phenix

Like this (at least sometimes:
OuMEUEx.jpg

That's a small camera case (hard) from Amazon. Herb in the tube, factory torch lighter. In the net in the top is the loading ring, concentrate screens, some concentrate and toothpicks:
DjiKOdH.jpg

Closed up it's easy to slip into a pocket:
UNPA2HV.jpg

I used to use a soft case, but like the extra protection for the little fellow.

OF

could you please link me?
Also: do you know of any nice storage for herbs? I am basically looking for something 1 to 3 g of herb, in size of something flat and large (maybe 4 x1cm could do? (should ideally fit in that carry case of the op

OF

could you please link me?
Also: do you know of any nice storage for herbs? I am basically looking for something 1 to 3 g of herb, in size of something flat and large (maybe 4 x1cm could do? (should ideally fit in that carry case of the op

You mean a link to the exact camera case I used? This one I think:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005X6CKJ0/ref=twister_B005ZA390I?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Like I said, I used a soft case for a while, but like the hard protection.

As for herb storage, I thought I just made the best suggestion I know of in that class? Centrifuge Tubes? Yep, it's there. That's the 5 ml size, it holds a bit over a gram, the ten ml version close to 3. Both have solid seals (not a feature of other than round containers). The concentrate stashed in the top part is in a smaller (2.5 ml) Centrifuge Tube. If you want to carry more I suggest carrying several tubes instead of a larger container. With some vapes I carry 3 or 4, often with different strains.

OF

OF

thanks. is the herb sticking to the Centrifuge Tubes or does it go out easily? On some of my glass storages the herb sometimes keep sticking to the edge..?

Nope, not really. It's polypropylene too slick for (most) sticky stuff and not prone to static buildup. Cheap enough to try out, you're not out much if you don't like them. Having a bag of them around turns out to be handy, lots of them end up with stuff other than herb in them.

OF

Chandler

I was just thinking about the station. The Canadian dollar is killing me. At $250 (for the station) I think the price is right considering my first vapman was about $125 CAD. But that's $250 USD. Convert that to CAD and I'm looking at $250 USD = approx. $335 CAD. Factor in tax we're looking at about $385 CAD. Finally, there's the possible shipping cost and then the inevitable duties when it Crosses the boarder..... *Sigh* in the end the price almost doubles by the time it reaches Canada....

All That being said, @vapman, will the station ever make it to a Canadian vendor in the near future??

Phenix

Had an (likely dumb) idea yesterday about the station: Could one possibly screw a torch lighter in a wood enclosure and attach the vapman to it? (so basically a faux station)

Top Bottom