Discontinued Vapir NO2

lwien

That may be the heating element, but what about the bowl itself. If it was brass that was encased in stainless steel, than I would think that it would look like stainless steel, not brass.

lwien,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
if it's anything like the o2 (and it sure looks like it) the bowl is in the middle of the brass heating element. So it stainless steel encasing a round piece of brass with a hole in the middle where you put your weed in. NO2 owners , please correct me if i am wrong.

Skunkypete,

gim

gim said:
This thread smells of astroturfing.
To quote my own post.

"Astroturfing denotes political, advertising, or public relations campaigns that are formally planned by an organization, but are disguised as spontaneous, popular "grassroots" behavior. The term refers to AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass."

gim,

Wolface

Seen a video of the No2 heat-up time. Battery vs. the wall adapter. Impressive, but I still wanna see an "in action" vid with some clouds.:brow:

Wolface,

lwien

gim said:
gim said:
This thread smells of astroturfing.
To quote my own post.

"Astroturfing denotes political, advertising, or public relations campaigns that are formally planned by an organization, but are disguised as spontaneous, popular "grassroots" behavior. The term refers to AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass."
Yeah. Vaporizers.ca and skystate both came to FC within a day of each other and were both quite active here. But then, they both disappeared a week ago within a day of each other. It just kind of confirms my previous thoughts on this.

Anyways, I really would like to see a "real" review on this vape, so who's gonna take one for the team? :/

lwien,

jlmo

Thrilled with NO2!

I am fairly new to the vape world and have been using an iolite for the past couple months. The iolite has been an excellent experience. However, a buddy recently sent me a Vapir NO2 and I haven't touched the iolite since and will likely sell it. The only reason I would keep the iolite is because of its small size and it can be refilled with butane on the go.

I feel NO2 is far superior in every other respect.

The unit heats up super fast! If it is plugged in, it reaches the temp in roughly a minute. There is no guess work involved in determining if the unit is ready because of the digital read out and there is a light that changes from red to green. I would say the unit takes closer to two minutes to heat up while running off the battery. One of my biggest complaints of the iolite is how long it takes to reach optimum temp (8-10 min in my experience). There is no way to know when the iolite is ready!

The unit makes no noise! The unit runs completely silent. The iolite makes a hissing sound which isn't terrible, but not always ideal.

The NO2 is easier to clean and fill. I guess I am clumsy and often made a mess fumbling with the iolite.

The battery seems to work fairly well. However, I have only used it a few times so can't report too much. I did get several more uses from the battery than I did from a fully filled iolite. One drawback to the battery vs. butane is ease of refilling. Vapir does sell extra batteries and a charger that will charge the spare battery while it is outside the unit.

I think it depends on how one plans to use their vape as to which would be most ideal. Personally I want something that I can use mostly on the couch and around the house. I love that I can also easily take the vape camping and use a spare battery/car charger.

Hope this is helpful to others.
J

jlmo,

Rudy Rudiger

Glad your thrilled with the No2. However, I have some issues. No I dont own this product.

How well does the screen work? Heard many complaints. Vapir sells them in a 20 pack. Makes me very skeptical. Why wouldnt one suffice? or even a pack of 5.

Just by looking at the model, the only way to get the goods out of the bowl would be to flip it over and bang on the back, or to dig it out. Over time that would really get on my nerves.

An extended warranty on this bad boy is going to run you a good $100. This extended warranty costs two thirds of the Vapir No2's initial cost. Factor in the standard depreciation on a useful life of 3 years, disregarding the salvage value, the warranty is a complete rip off. :o . Yet vapir's warranty slogan, Simple, honest and straight forward. The only thing Vapir is straightforward about is taking our cash for a product they know is inferior. A warranty for 2/3 of the initial cost, what a joke.

This is supposed to be "next gen", but yet there is no tray to remove your goods and a pricey extended warranty. Seems kind of odd to me. Wouldnt a company want to express confidence in their product by offering an affordable full warranty on their "next gen" products? "Next gen" technology is supposed to last, atleast in my opinion.

Rudy Rudiger,

jlmo

Again, my vape experience is very limited. I have only used the two devices so I have nothing else to compare.

I have had the unit for about a week and have done some extensive testing. Not sure what the complaint could be with the screen. Mine looked pretty dirty after some heavy use (though there was no impact on draw) and I removed the screen, ran it under hot water and it is like new. The unit came with 4 screens which i could see lasting many months of heavy use. I was never able to clean the iolite screen with much more effort. The NO2 screen seems much finer, smaller holes than the iolite screen.

I find loading and unloading the NO2 much easier than the iolite. Occasionally I do have to use a tool to loosen the load, but I had to do the same with the iolite. I think the iolite is very awkward to fill and unload. I made a much bigger mess using the ioliote.

$100 for a warranty is insane! I usually take the gamble with a device at this price. Especially if the warranty is more than half the price of the unit.

jlmo,

toxicc

E11001420
Here in province of Qubec we view extended warranties as scams as we have a legal warranty law that says that a product must have an acceptable durability relative to the price paid. So lets say a 500$ washing machine that comes with a 1 year warranty breaks after 3 years, you are entitled for a free repair or replacement as you would expect it to work great for at least 5 years (for exemple). So in our case an extended warranty is just paying for a legal warranty we already have. Would probably not work good with products bought online from out of the province tho.

toxicc,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
That's so sick. Here in America that would be damaging to a free market though

bluntfaced,

Raf007

Retailer
We have the same legal warranty in France, and it's not damaging the free market at all.

You know why, coz little people know about it so they purchase those kind of extended warranty.
I m pretty sure you have the same legal warranty in the USA. It s called warranty against hidden manufacturing defects in France and must exists in the US.

Oh and of course the legal and free warranty works in france with any products, us, chinese, french there is no difference.

And it makes sense, coz free market doesn't mean no legal warranty and the power for capitalist manufacturers to sell shitty products.

Raf007,

skystate

Rudy Rudiger:
Screen report...
I have used this now for a few weeks 4-5 times a day. I don't think the screen needs any cleaning yet. There is some need to do a cleaning to the top of the unit though, because I am starting to get a gurgle of "vapor resin" when drawing hot (Not sure what you call the gooey stuff that emerges from vapor. But I checked the screen just yesterday and it did not seem to be in any need of cleaning. Perhaps if I throw a new screen in, I will have something to report. But, if with a new screen, I still get the gurgle, I suppose it is just a bit of the resin stuff covering the very tip of the top, where the straw connects and vapor exits. (The gurgle, is similar to what you get when you drink by a straw, and get to the bottom of the drink.) I experienced something similar with resin in the Iolite too. Except that resin stuff caked into the top and eventually cooked in. ..needing some serious scraping to remove. We will see what I get when I do my first cleaning on No2. I expect the gurgle to disappear once I clear out the resin stuff that has made its way to the top exit point.

As for cleaning material from the unit. It is easier than the Iolite. Let me explain.

Iolite 1. when opening to clean, You better hold unit upside down, or else when you lift off the top, stuff will spill out.
Vapir No2 1. when opening, you can twist off the top with unit right side up.

Iolite 2. When cleaning out the stuff, you must scrape the top screen clean, which is about the size of a dime. It is also at the bottom of the metal bowl that makes up the top. If this is being done when unit is hot, you may get branded slightly by the touch.
Vapir No2 2. When cleaning out the stuff, if you use ground material and it was not spongy moist to begin with, it usually falls right out. I don't bang on it at all. It just falls out and requires, if you feel it needs it, a couple swipes with the bottle cleaner tool and clean! The screen connected to the top, is usually coated with material, however, when you remove the top, it is exposed like a nipple to easily brush off. Not scraping. If you have spongy material, sure the stuff can stay in place inside the bowl, which needs only to be 'touched" by the little spoon that comes with the unit. Upon touching it, it crumbles allowing the material to fall out. I would then just use the bottle cleaner tool to take a couple strokes inside and give it a blow of breath to clear out any residual powder. Good to go.

Overall, removal of the material is quicker than Iolite if it goes in dry and ground well. Not because in either one you don't have to flip the two units to get you material to drop out, its just that in the end, the Vapir screen does not require scraping like the Iolite screen, and the brushing action of the screen is more like brushing off a nipple, rather than scraping the bottom of a cup. The removal of anything in the bowl of the Vapir 2 varies from dropping out and a couple strokes of the bottle cleaner too for dry ground material, to seeing spongy moist material sitting in place in the bowl and needing only to be disrupted by something. This is not a 'scraping" process, it is like I said, touch it and it crumbles into material that will fall out. Two strokes of bottle cleaner tool and ready.

Since you dont own one of these, AND your comments are speculations about screens and material dump, I find it hard to take your general statement "..for a product they know is inferior.." seriously.
I mean, I guess it all depends on what you are comparing it to... But like I said, tell me more about anything portable which is better and I will honor your understanding. And if push comes to shove and the No2 screws with me, I will not only report it, but I will move onto your suggestion for a better unit.. (which better not be the Iolite!)

lwien:
I figured that you would feel proud at some moment to point out how little I have posted. Let me do some general update points... just to lay your "suspicions" to rest.

One reason I have had nothing to post is because the unit works wonderfully after a few weeks of activity. I continue to compare the unit to the Iolite, however, the Iolite experience (which you would have not put up with for as long as I did) is beginning to fade from my memory. This is in part, because I am realizing my dream with the Vapir NO2. I am getting stoned beyond my wildest dreams without inhaling combusted fumes!!! Not that the Iolite was bad once it was lit, but this lights up (for me) every time without fail. Not so with the Iolite and THAT can be FRUSTRATING.

I continue to be SOOOO pleased with the dense vapor of Vapir no2, often times more than I can handle in a session.

I have found that when you load it to the 3/4 full, it puts out the densest vapor. Enough to share imo with another person. Filled half full, does not provide as dense a vapor and is probably best for one person.

I have also been taking this unit with me on the 1/2 day hiking trips I do for sport. Keeping the unit in a small carry case I bought for 2 bucks.

So far nothing negative to report in using it on the go like this.

Loading the unit with the spoon that the unit comes with, is easier than the loading I did with the Iolite. One reason is because the unit stands with its bowl ready to receive the calculated amount, with a curved edge that slopes down to the hole for the bowl. The spoon can even cover the actual hole that opens down into the bowl, allowing you to drop it right down in there. Or you can be a little sloppy and drop the stuff in and if some material doesn't go directly into the bowl hole, it is sitting on the sloped edge and is easy to just push it into the bowl hole with a finger.

The joy of steady starts, and steady vapor, and no smell of butane either lit or unlit, is heavenly.

I have also started using Vapor.CA tips to only turn it up to 170c. Fully enjoyable at that temp. And I just save my AVB for use at a higher temp, if/when I run out.

Basically the reason for my lack of posts, is because this unit is running well so far.. and until it starts to act up, I don't expect I will post much more.

skystate,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
That's good cause your sales pitch, oops I mean continuous glowing long winded reviews are getting long in the tooth. If you have so much iolite experience why have you never posted a single post in the iolite thread to share with others there your knowledge?

edited typo

DeepFried,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
It's a very sad, dry sarcasm one develops when living in the glorious U S of A, I do not blame you.

bluntfaced,

skystate

Please remember, MY long winded (glowing) report/pitch is only "glowing" about No2's successes in amounts that are equal to the frustrations which the Iolite caused me. Since the frustration-factor with Iolite was so great (for me), I am enamored with this vapir No2 product which so far, lives up to everything I could only hope for with Iolite.

Couldn't I equally suggest, that your worries and comments are best dismissed because you speak with speculation and not actually from using one.? If i'm not qualified to speak about ownership, shouldn't all comments from non-owners be ommitted? AND You seem to say, that because someone (like me) likes a product well, then others shouldn't pay attention to such a review. Hog wash.

Additionally, regarding your notice of my lack of effort in the Iolite forum, I ask you what good does my input do in the Iolite forum? As I stated earlier, every single event that I experienced with the iolite has already been thoroughly covered throughout its 100 pages. I would only be duplicating the same dissatisfied posts, with no real impact for either the reader or myself. That said, I am very appreciative of all 100 pages in the Iolite forum.. it allowed me to know more what to try/do/attempt/expect. Which has built my experience bank, to better qualify me to comment between the two units now.

Since this thread is only a total of 5 pages right now, and (so far) only providing info from about 2-3 of us ACTUAL owners, and the rest of the comments being made by a group of people who are into stating things only based on their previous gripes of past versions - then I'd say my info is very appropriate. Helping people with their decisions as I would have appreciated it here.

On the flip side, some of the negative comments here, based on speculation, are unduly over-riding the quality of this unit (experienced so far). I know, because I NEEDED to read some of the comments from vapor.ca to help me take the leap to ask for the Vapir No2 in exchange for my Iolite.

My guess is, this thread will never rival the 100 pages in the Iolite, because it will have a fraction of the problems (if any) that are emitted constantly by the Iolite forum.

But I will keep looking in here and spotting comments being made without actual experience.. and see what the real experience has to compare. And like I have said, I'll report on anything that changes on this unit in the form of a negative experience.

skystate,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
skystate said:
Additionally, regarding your notice of my lack of effort in the Iolite forum, I ask you what good does my input do in the Iolite forum?
what good is your input on the iolite thread? the same as your input on this thread. experiences negative or positive are all helpful regardless of how redundant they seem.

SSS,

Raf007

Retailer
Thx Bluntfaced .
really sad indeed, coz the reason I believed you at the first time is that I already had heard the almost/kind of same thing said very seriously.

Anyway, at least we/some people know....:ninja:

Raf007,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah lots of companies here design their product purposefully to break or become obsolete after a set amount of time so you have to buy a new one. It's pretty disgusting

bluntfaced,

Rudy Rudiger

skystate said:
Rudy Rudiger:

Since you dont own one of these, AND your comments are speculations about screens and material dump, I find it hard to take your general statement "..for a product they know is inferior.." seriously.
I mean, I guess it all depends on what you are comparing it to... But like I said, tell me more about anything portable which is better and I will honor your understanding. And if push comes to shove and the No2 screws with me, I will not only report it, but I will move onto your suggestion for a better unit.. (which better not be the Iolite!)
No I dont own one, and probably never will. Im not a fan of Vapir in general. Compare it to MFLB, which comes with a lifetime warranty. Although its not a fair comparison, the MFLB is more discreet and can be used in far more situations. The MFLB is also a more durable unit and is half the cost of an No2. What happens if the No2 get wet?

Hiking is one thing, but for us city dwellers a portable unit must be discreet to take out in public. I wouldnt risk taking the No2 out of the house, and for that reason I compare it to other more stationary models. Where you going to hide the No2 when the man comes around? In your phanny pack?

Just my 2 cents.

Rudy Rudiger,

luchiano

Rudy Rudiger said:
skystate said:
Rudy Rudiger:

Hiking is one thing, but for us city dwellers a portable unit must be discreet to take out in public. I wouldnt risk taking the No2 out of the house, and for that reason I compare it to other more stationary models. Where you going to hide the No2 when the man comes around? In your phanny pack?

Just my 2 cents.
That is the whole positive about the way it is designed, you don't have to hide it because once the herb is inside you don't need to do anything but inhale and look like your drinking something as long as you don't let vapor be seen which isn't hard to do.

With the MFLB you will look funny and bring attention to yourself if you do it out in front of other people because if I saw someone putting their hands to their mouth and I don't see nothing and they're doing this consistently I would think they are up to something and you never knows whose watching you. Now the MFLB is great for fast use in something like a bathroom or where people can't really see you and you use it fast but out in the open like a shopping mall, HELL NO would I use that or any other vape because they look like you are up to something. With the N02 if you use it like your drinking something, even without the long hose and covering up the blue screen, you can just cruise the mall and enjoy yourself. That is BIG to me. No rushing just spending a nice day shopping, getting high, and eating some food with no worries of being messed with because you blend in. This also applies to someone who isn't doing any illegal herbs. If I use other vapes while puffing tobacco I will still get odd looks because an e-cig will still look like I'm smoking meaning people will look at me weird for smoking inside and if I use an MFLB I would look odd for always putting my CUFFED hand to my mouth and raise suspicion. Of course we know how things would go with the vapor genie, in fact it may look worse because some may think I'm using crack like they think about this man(http://www.forbezdvd.com/cod.php?v=MTM0ODA). To me it is nothing but a weed pipe but to the unknowing it may be crack.

That warranty is fucked up though. Once I see more reviews I will make a decision but now I'm not sure. Got to give it time just like every other vape that is new.

luchiano,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I don't buy all this about the unit looking like a water bottle and all you have to do is pretend you're sipping water. No one sips water for 10+ seconds the way you hit a vape. Swigging some agua and hitting the vape would look so different, I would definitely be suspicious if I saw someone "sipping on something like that. And don't you have to hold it upright to get it to work best? Obviously this is all speculation as I have never used it.

On the other hand using my launch box just looks like if warming up my hands with my breath you know? I've used it right in front of stoners on trains and they don't have a clue as well as many other sketchy places out in public. You can push/pull the battery very discretely and if you's a pro, with only one hand.

gim

I dont understand the comparison to a water bottle either. It is clearly an electronic device.

gim,

Rudy Rudiger

luchiano said:
No rushing just spending a nice day shopping, getting high, and eating some food with no worries of being messed with because you blend in. .
Exactly what I want from a portable vaporizer. You bring up a great point and I agree with you 100%, but I just dont know if the NO2 could really pass as drink. I'd rather have people wondering why Im putting my hand to my mouth as opposed to why my drink has an LCD screen and a big red button. I should buy an No2 and use it everywhere, with tobacco of course, just to see how people respond. Just the size of the No2 would still prevent you from taking it into a concert, ball game, christmas dinner at the inlaws etc.

Rudy Rudiger,
Top Bottom