Discontinued Vapir NO2

luchiano

bluntfaced said:
I don't buy all this about the unit looking like a water bottle and all you have to do is pretend you're sipping water. No one sips water for 10+ seconds the way you hit a vape. Swigging some agua and hitting the vape would look so different, I would definitely be suspicious if I saw someone "sipping on something like that. And don't you have to hold it upright to get it to work best? Obviously this is all speculation as I have never used it.

On the other hand using my launch box just looks like if warming up my hands with my breath you know? I've used it right in front of stoners on trains and they don't have a clue as well as many other sketchy places out in public. You can push/pull the battery very discretely and if you's a pro, with only one hand.
I've seen people sip water for more than a quick second so it isn't out of the norm. I don't know how long they sipped because that would look weird of me but it wasn't quick. I just tried seeing what it would look like to sip out of something like N02 but bigger and it doesn't look weird especially with the straw.

As far as using the MFLB in public where you can easily be seen I would definitely look at someone who is cuffing their hand and put it to their mouth because the first thing I'm thinking is that they're either about to spit out a razor or spit out some rocks(cracks) or they're putting the rocks into their mouth. Either way I'm watching and gonna put extra attention to that person and if I'm doing this you know someone who does it for a living is watching closely. All they have to do is make up a fake reason to stop and frisk you. If they find herb on you, you have a possession charge, a paraphernalia charge, and a smoking in public charge. All because you brought unwanted attention to yourself by putting your hands to your mouth too many times in a place where it wasn't warranted like on a train on a warm or hot day. No reason to warm your hands. If your in NYC you know how many plain clothes undercovers are on the trains and in the parks or in yellow cabs so you never know who is watching. The only time I would use anything on the train is when there aren't many people on their and late at night when the po po get relaxed, other than that no way.

I think people forget herb is illegal and even though we see no problem with it a lot of people do. Even those who don't see a problem with it need to fill quotas and making yourself seen makes it easier for them to help you catch a case. Remember a lot of cases are started because of people being caught with herb usually from them doing it carelessly and bringing attention to themselves and they get caught and a lot of times that small charge leads to bigger charges. Why go through all of that when you can lay low while still enjoy yourself. Most of the time cops don't know what to look for anyway. If you look at most of the people who get caught it's because they are just plain simple in the way they do things not because the cop was extraordinary with their senses but they are good at knowing what to look for if they are used to it and if your from a big city they know because most people do the same type of tricks and they are good for seeing what is out of the norm but most people do that also, cops just use that as an excuse to question you or watch you thinking that they are Matlock.

luchiano,

luchiano

Rudy Rudiger said:
luchiano said:
No rushing just spending a nice day shopping, getting high, and eating some food with no worries of being messed with because you blend in. .
Exactly what I want from a portable vaporizer. You bring up a great point and I agree with you 100%, but I just dont know if the NO2 could really pass as drink. I'd rather have people wondering why Im putting my hand to my mouth as opposed to why my drink has an LCD screen and a big red button. I should buy an No2 and use it everywhere, with tobacco of course, just to see how people respond. Just the size of the No2 would still prevent you from taking it into a concert, ball game, christmas dinner at the inlaws etc.
I figure that covering the screen with your hand by just turning it inward would prevent it from being seen as an electronic device. Also putting a sticker with a blue color where the screen is will also help in blend and not look odd but that is needed when you put it down to eat in the cafeteria and vape while your eating some Chinese food or McDonalds so people won't pay attention to it too much because the colors blend in and also have the screen facing you so they can't really see it anyway.

For the other places you name I would use the MFLB in the bathroom or in the case of a game or concert just use it in my seat because no one is paying attention to me they're watching the game or artist .

I found a video comparing the size to a water bottle and I think I can pull it off. I just have to see a little more before making my decision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chlv8_NR8yI

luchiano,

Rudy Rudiger

Keep in mind thats not an average size water bottle. Its called a "grip and flip" bottle. 700ml. Im having trouble finding the exact size, but its a tall skinny bottle. Im sure you could find a cup that size at just about any fast food place.

Ever consider using a water bottle sleeve? A good neoprene sleeve would also offer some protection if dropped but its obviously got to breathe.

http://www.deerparkwater.com/Products/SportPack700ML.aspx

Rudy Rudiger,

luchiano

Rudy Rudiger said:
Keep in mind thats not an average size water bottle. Its called a "grip and flip" bottle. 700ml. Im having trouble finding the exact size, but its a tall skinny bottle. Im sure you could find a cup that size at just about any fast food place.

Ever consider using a water bottle sleeve? A good neoprene sleeve would also offer some protection if dropped but its obviously got to breathe.

http://www.deerparkwater.com/Products/SportPack700ML.aspx
That is way better than what I was thinking. It's perfect. Just cut some holes on the sleeve where the air goes into the vapir and you have something really plain. Thanks for this idea.

Imagine eating in the malls food court while vaping then going to the game store playing games or just strolling along getting blazed and not worrying about nothing but enjoying life!. Technology is so wonderful. We are in some nice times for herb puffers.

Raf007

Retailer
I don't know about the NO2's ability to stealth Skystate, but i do know for sure that i have been using the Iolite almost anywhere and the LB also, and there is one big pros with those devices, if you need so, you can hide them in your pocket.
What about that 70cl eletronic bottle ?
And how can one talk about stealth when vapir is promoting their products in mags like Men's Health.

Raf007,

Rudy Rudiger

Did you make any moves Luchiano? Id be really interested in your review of the No2

This seems kind of redundant, but the dimension for the No2 are "H - 8" x W- 2" x D - 2". I think it would be perfect for a hotel. It would be easy to pack and stash away from maids and such.

Anybody ever take a vape through airport security?

Rudy Rudiger,

luchiano

Rudy Rudiger said:
Did you make any moves Luchiano? Id be really interested in your review of the No2

This seems kind of redundant, but the dimension for the No2 are "H - 8" x W- 2" x D - 2". I think it would be perfect for a hotel. It would be easy to pack and stash away from maids and such.

Anybody ever take a vape through airport security?
I'm still waiting for more reviews because the only review that's not from a vendor is on here as far as what I can see on a google search.

I'm gonna wait for a few weeks before making a final decision and see if skystate has any negative things to say because time will tell if there is something wrong.

Last time I almost bought the iolite when it first came out but as soon as I did I started seeing negative things happening that I wasn't willing to go through plus they were starting to make changes and I wanted to see how it would change so I stopped that decision. I'm not knocking the iolite but it's not for me especially when I learned about the MFLB.

I will review the N02 if I get it.

luchiano,

lwien

luchiano said:
I'm gonna wait for a few weeks before making a final decision and see if skystate has any negative things to say because time will tell if there is something wrong.
I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that that will ever happen, and if it does happen, the negative will only be a minor nit-pick.

Ya see, I have this magic 8 ball, and it never lies. ;)

lwien,

skystate

True so far... nothing negative to report. Keep in mind, I am looking for losing draw or losing dense vape for any reason (and I dont think that is going to happen), erratic start up, or something just not working

Cleaned the unit for first time to remove gooey substance from top with alcohol. Removed the gurgle. Neither the bottom screen nor the top screen seemed to be in any need of cleaning. But cleaned them.

These screens are thin and pliable, however they have a memory for their shape. They seem to mold into whatever space you are putting them into. The Top one was easy to take out, and the bottom one was fitting so snug that I couldn't figure out how to get a grip on it. I used the bamboo spoon they include with unit to finally get between the side of the bowl and the screen and got some space to slide the spoon down between the bowl and screen, making the dislodge easier. When I took it out and looked down in the bowl, it was clean and fine. the screen was a little cooked in a couple of places, but didn't look like it was in need of cleaning. It slid back down into the bowl nicely fitting by friction on all side of the bowl. I cannot say I understand the need for that bottom screen except just to keep material from touching the hottest elements of the bowl directly.

The tip of the top is cone shaped.. and not easy to wipe it clean. I did use a pipe cleaner with alcohol and in the end felt the goo had dissipated into the alcohol and could feel it on my fingers and see on the cloth I used too. This residue must be just from vaping in general(?)

Anyway this day was a cleaning and screen removal day. After the process the unit was pretty identical to the draw before the cleaning, less the gurgle emitted from (my guess) the tip of the unit getting drops of this heated resin substance in the way during the draw.

I took a couple of pics to show you what you see when i am using it and storing it. will show later here.

Keep in mind, the tallness of the unit varies if you remove the top, say, when not in use. I did drop the unit into my front pocket of my shorts, with the top on and unit running. It was not uncomfortable but may have been a little obvious that I was carrying "something" since I am not naturally so well endowed.:)

skystate,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Wolface

So what, Did everyones No2 breakdown or what?:rolleyes: Just kidding!:D This threads been pretty dead. Any new perspectives or opinions thus far?

Wolface,

Rudy Rudiger

Skyskate...

Whats the battery life like? And how long does it take to recharge?

Is there a screen in the mouthpiece?

Rudy Rudiger,

skystate

battery life was from 10 am to 8pm used about 7 times in that span.

Recharge for me, has been on the go.. but the above full charge usage was on a multi hour (overnight) charge.

Since then, I just plug it into the car or an outlet to get up to hot in 30 seconds.. then run it on the battery for while it is maintaining a steady temp.

If I charge it for a half hour, I seem to get enough battery power to maintain the max temp for at least one or two sessions... especially when I start the heat when plugged in.

there is a screen in the top of the unit which houses the mouthpiece.. so I want to say yes to your question. But it is more at the bottom of the top, than it is part of the mouthpiece. IMO.

I'll do some more actual tests on the battery life with X amount of charge.. and see how long it also takes to totally recharge. It seems, a full charge will last anyone all day.. 7 sessions is a lot. to do in a day.

skystate,

Wolface

Interesting, but is this mod just for the sake of the herb not touching the bowl, or does it also make it run better or more efficent?

Wolface,

Rudy Rudiger

Wolface said:
Interesting, but is this mod just for the sake of the herb not touching the bowl, or does it also make it run better or more efficent?
First off, I dont own an NO2 so its hard to say.

Im thinking that it makes it run a tad bit more efficient. Kind of nit picking. When you adjust the screen like they show in the vid, you cut down on the herb you use because its a smaller bowl. Really though, what's moving the screen a cm or an 1/8 inch going to do? Save you 1/2 a gram here and there. The NO2 was designed to work a certain way, nothing you do can change that.

Also, moving the screen reduces unnecessary heating of the product. That bowl "should" stay at the temp that is set on the face of the unit. When you move the screen up, you would only heat the herb when you pull air through the device. As opposed to letting it roast in the bowl and possibly wasting product.

Normally in a vape, air is pulled through the heating element and then through the herbs, so its really the hot air that makes the magic happen. This vid makes me think that perhaps the heating element is too close to the bowl. Since metal is such a good conductor, the brass bowl probably holds to much heat and possibly cooks your stuff and maybe the screen. Vaping metal screens is bad news. It seems as if the herb should sit on top of the brass instead of in it. Just speculation though..

Im interested to see what lwien thinks of it, he has far more expertise in vape theory than I.

Rudy Rudiger,

skystate

I dropped the unit accidentally onto pavement from about 6 inches, and was relieved to see it still worked!

The screen question is in regards to not damaging the screen. it fits so snug, as I mentioned above that I found no way to get it out but to slide the spoon between the screen and the bowl and in doing so, made an edge of the screen end up with a little tag that sticks out a little bit now that I replaced it back into the unit.

The bowl itself looks indestructible.

The raising of the screen to keep the material farther from the elements has been something i thought of, more to see what it does for the draw than for what it is touching. I might try it and see what sort of temp change is needed, if any.

And yes, these screens in the above mentioned video.. are the only screens in the unit. The unit also comes with a couple extra screens.. naturally as I guess most vapes with screens do, in order to change out a dirty one for a clean one and then clean the dirty one later.

So far, I do not sense the screens need much cleaning. The only thing that needs it, perhaps once every two weeks of heavy use, is the tip of the top, when the after (vape resin?) heats up enough to get into liquid form and starts to make the gurgle sound I mentioned earlier.

Still waiting to hear what you Vape Pros call this brown sticky stuff that is the residue of vaping? Should I be licking that stuff off for another buzz?:uhoh:

Another benefit over the iolite.. where stealth is important... note that the iolite butane needed to be refilled frequently enough (because of its limited container space for fuel) to require one to carry a bottle of butane with them if going to be using it more than a couple of sessions over a period of time, say for an afternoon hike.

I personally was a bit bummed to always have to carry a bottle of butane in my fanny pack. Where the No2 is less stuff to carry when charged up. As I said, it lasted all day and gave me 7 pretty long sessions when fully charged. To boot, the iolite needs to sit for about FIVE minutes after each (2 second) refill of butane. It changes the actual wait time for the unit to be ready if you need to refill but want to use it at the moment of refill. In contrast, the No2, when not connected is a 3.5 minute heat up time.

I stopped in yesterday to talk to the store owner who swapped me out the No2 in exchange for the iolite, just to thank them, and give them the feedback to be confident going forward with the sales of No2. I was their first customer to use it, and they were appreciative of getting some solid insights. Store owner said she predicts the no2 will replace iolite as #1 sold unit, in the portable vape market. I agree and understand full well why this is probably destined to happen.

Of course, the No2 unit I own is now somewhere around a month, soon maybe two months old. Used daily several times. However, if it gives me any fits, I will promptly report. So far.. vaping is what I dreamed of.. and the unit is holding up, albeit is still quite a new toy/tool in my life.

One last note for comparison to iolite.. I have found I much prefer the vapor of 170C to that of 185c-190c (which is what the iolite is said to be at all the time). And to be able to adjust this unit to whatever temp one prefers seems much more friendlier. IMO.

skystate,

lwien

Rudy Rudiger said:
Im interested to see what lwien thinks of it, he has far more expertise in vape theory than I.
Maybe, but there are also many here that have a lot more expertise than I.

But here's my 2 cents on this. I like the idea of moving the screen above the bottom of the bowl for a few reasons. One, is that your herb is not constantly being cooked at the stated temps on the display. Secondly, is that I would think that it would improve the draw and third, you should expect an increase in efficiency due to smaller dosing. I think a mod like this for the Iolite would have the same benefits. But one concern has to be the temp readout, for I would think that in raising the screen above the bowl, you would have to increase the relative temp setting to compensate.

But again, I really would like to see a review of this vape from one of our vets. Vaporizer.ca contacted me about 3 weeks ago asking me where I live so he could send me out a vape to review. Gave him my address, and I never heard from him since. He disappeared from this site at the same time. While I had my words with him, I do hope he's ok. Weird that someone would just disappear like that.

That brass bowl though is a concern. I respect that for many, brass is a non issue, but for me, it remains a concern.

lwien,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just ordered my NO2 - I'll let you know what I think of it. It will be tough to top the Supreme vape for my on the go vaping needs, but I am hoping this will do it.

stonemonkey55,

Wolface

Stonemonkey, I am looking forward to your opinion of the No2 as I also agree that the Supreme vaporizer is hard to beat.:ko:

Wolface,

Raf007

Retailer
That should be interesting ! Thx for the sacrifice SM55 if a sacrifice it turns out to be.

Raf007,

Rudy Rudiger

I always thought the launch box was better than the supreme? What do I know though.

But ya deff looking forward to another NO2 review, and some new insight.

Rudy Rudiger,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Does anyone know why you have to wait until after it is heated up to insert your herbs?

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom