Discontinued Vapir NO2

luchiano

lwien said:
luchiano said:
.... one for chilling out with outside and wanting different temperatures for different reasons and to be inconspicuous.
Inconspicuous? I guess that term is pretty subjective, because this vape, to me, doesn't look inconspicuous at all. Walking around the park sucking on this thing, I would think would draw a lot more attention than palming a Launch Box, or sticking an Iolite in a cup. It's just too big to be inconspicuous. A very skinny, black soft drink container with lights on it?
That's somewhat true for walking around a park but for sitting in a car or a porch/deck this is perfect because it is the same size as a small to medium water bottle and shaped almost the same.

Even for sitting on a park bench it isn't conspicuous. If you were in central park and looking at the hudson river this wouldn't attract any attention especially with the mouthpiece because it looks like your drinking something.

You REALLY wouldn't attract attention with this if you were walking around a crowded city because at a quick glance it looks like a drinking bottle. I don't know about you but I like to walk around or ride a bike around the city while blazing. It's fun but the smell makes it dangerous and I don't know any other vaporizers you can use while doing these things and adjust the temperature on command and not look suspicious.

So like I stated depending on the situation the N02(at least from specs) and the MFLB are the best portable stealth vaporizers out there and can be used together for certain situations. The MFLB for going into the bathroom at the movies for a quick hit or while in the movie theater and the N02 for a nice stroll in a crowded city, while riding a bike in the same setting, strolling through the mall or going shopping or sitting on your porch/deck while drinking and entertaining a nice lady friend because a lot of women will be hesitant to use the MFLB outside and no other vaporizers can give different temperatures at such a fast rate and stay within range with no funny looks because they look weird or they don't last long like the VM3.

I think the thing that makes it a little suspicious is the color and being that we are in a nervous energy in the world from terrorism I think the color should be blue or some bright type color but that is easy to fix with painting or just putting stickers around it.

luchiano,

lwien

luchiano said:
I think the thing that makes it a little suspicious is the color and being that we are in a nervous energy in the world from terrorism I think the color should be blue or some bright type color but that is easy to fix with painting or just putting stickers around it.
Fuck. Never thought about the terrorist angle. Homeland security jumping all over your ass. Talk about a buzz kill. :o

lwien,

luchiano

lwien said:
luchiano said:
Fuck. Never thought about the terrorist angle. Homeland security jumping all over your ass. Talk about a buzz kill. :o
Yeah but they most likely are just using that as an excuse to search and stop you not to find dangerous weapons.

WELCOME TO THE POLICE STATE WE ARE LIVING IN.

Best to be prepared and ignored then watched and they find something that makes your life hard because herb is still illegal.

luchiano,

B.

War Criminal
luchiano said:
...because a lot of women will be hesitant to use the MFLB outside
Thats a weird theory. I haven't met any women who were cool with indoor LB use, but not outdoor.

Womens of the interweb, weigh in - outdoor LB usage- yay or nay?

(hijack!)

B.,

luchiano

B. said:
luchiano said:
...because a lot of women will be hesitant to use the MFLB outside
Thats a weird theory. I haven't met any women who were cool with indoor LB use, but not outdoor.

Womens of the interweb, weigh in - outdoor LB usage- yay or nay?

(hijack!)
It is not a theory, I know women who puff on the low and don't want the negative association with using "drugs" especially when they have high profile jobs.

Women who have jobs where they are in the public eye don't want that attention also from the government sector to entertainers because they know they are always watched from someone and don't want to risk being in a negative light if caught. It's not just major jobs look at teachers. They are always watched by the community and have to play it low because their jobs are on the line. They can't be seen looking like they are up to something puffing a joint or using a DBV on the porch or MFLB in the mall or on a porch/deck in the daytime when families are outside.

I think this N02 is perfect for being able to get high and be invisible to others around you without acting like your hiding anything because it's in their face while you're using it and the best way to hide something is to have it in plain site. All you have to do is look at how the masons built architecture that have meaning and no one knows but the people who need to know and everyone else just thinks it's nice eccentric buildings and symbols..

luchiano,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Luchiano you's a right paranoid maafucka. I guess I'm lucky I don't give a shit most of the time if people see me tokin.

I imagine the manner in which you use the vape would make it pretty obvious it's not a water bottle though. I prefer the smaller size.

bluntfaced,

luchiano

bluntfaced said:
Luchiano you's a right paranoid maafucka. I guess I'm lucky I don't give a shit most of the time if people see me tokin.

I imagine the manner in which you use the vape would make it pretty obvious it's not a water bottle though. I prefer the smaller size.
Lol. Yeah I'm a paranoid mudersucker but it has kept me away from a lot trouble while still being able to do what the "bad boys" do. Remember what Krs-one said, "real bad boys move in silence".

As far as not looking like a water bottle, if you hold it so the blue light is held in the palm of your hand it looks just like a water bottle. You just need to take away the mouthpiece but I think a disposable targard filter would be good to cool the vapor down while still not looking odd. I'm gonna stop now because I'm giving away too much and I don't know who's reading. Just wanted to give out some ideas to keep us brothers in the culture safe and enjoying life and the herb.

Check out black water bottle images on google and see what I mean. Here's one to start
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...17&t=1&usg=AFrqEzeMVhj7-CJcWHfxfhUag_tnOXDDaw

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:...ml&t=1&usg=AFrqEzdnzoSwBjRRr4_djWWoW-H_vsWpAw

luchiano,

luchiano

gim said:
This thread smells of astroturfing.
Far from it. I just give credit where it's due whether I like the person/company or not and in this case it looks like vapir did there thing but I still have to see a little more to seal the deal.

luchiano,

spooky

looks interesting -- i'm itching for a battery-powered portable vape.. any other reviews of this thing?

spooky,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
The lithium battery lasts for 1 hour, it tastes like plastic as usual for Vapir products and it looks in real life like a big fucking black dildo... no joke. It is also big and only goes upto 205C. Bowl looks like brass and is about 3 times the volume of a PD stem. If you want to look like you are blowing a dildo while vaping.. go for it, I'll skip this one.

lwien

DeepFried said:
The lithium battery lasts for 1 hour, it tastes like plastic as usual for Vapir products and it looks in real life like a big fucking black dildo... no joke. It is also big and only goes upto 205C. Bowl looks like brass and is about 3 times the volume of a PD stem. If you want to look like you are blowing a dildo while vaping.. go for it, I'll skip this one.
Only 205C? Why in the hell would you want to go higher? For me, anything above 195C and things start to taste kinda funky along with the fact that you start to get some of the bad stuff which is counter to why many get vapes in the first place. While I agree that Vapir is not known for making quality vapes, it seems to me that a max of 205C is totally reasonable.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Since there are sedative and analgesic compounds that release at temps higher than 205 C, some medical users would disagree.

The Vapir Oxygen Mini interested me briefly, a few years ago, but I think there are better options these days. This one doesn't tempt me at all.

max,

lwien

max said:
Since there are sedative and analgesic compounds that release at temps higher than 205 C, some medical users would disagree.
The desire to go above 400F, I would think, would be pretty rare, eh, considering the taste and the additional toxins being released above 382F ?

lwien,

luchiano

DeepFried said:
Can you up some pictures of the bowl area?.

Also, where did you get it from and how long did it take to ship?.

Does it maintain temperature good when inhaling, if not what are the temperature drops and how does it do with good herb at 400f meaning how thick is the vapor?.

I wonder why yours had a plastic taste because vapeworld stated that it had zero plastic after taste or smell. Maybe a defect?. Also their site says the screens are stainless steel not brass but the heating element is a stainless steel encased brass which allows it to reach temperature in minutes. Maybe something went wrong or you got the oxygen by mistake. I don't know.

Here is their review?

http://www.vapeworld.com/blog/new-product-vapir-no2-portable-vaporizer-new-vapir-vaporizer/

luchiano,

vaporizers.ca

Retailer
We posted a message addressing all the questions and concerns, here is a similar message.

1. Discretion - it looks more like a drinking bottle than anything minus the display. You suck out of a tube that sticks 4-6 inches off the top of the unit. Even if it did look like a sex toy (which is pretty over the top comment), you inhale from a tube which negates that point completely. Also, keep in mind, not everyone needs to be discreet and its certainly more discreet than any lighter based portable.
- People using it in their back yard or local neighborhood, not a big deal.
- People using it with tobacco, they don't have to be discreet at all.

2. 205C is MORE THAN HIGH ENOUGH for virtually all users, its so hot we recommend clients never go that high on the NO2. You can definitely start tasting popcorn at that stage and you are getting way too close to combustion. We recommend 175C-185C max for high temp herbs, tobacco users should be closer to 140C.

3. The unit is overall quite small and light weight, it won't fit in your pocket but its very portable.
We are HAPPY to get you guys exact dimensions and weight if you are interested.

4. The digital display is a very nice feature on a portable, you can adjust temp on the fly. Too low, crank it up, tasting like popcorn, turn it down. Definitely a big seller vs single temperature.

5. Takes about 30 seconds to heat up while plugged in, 60 seconds or so while in battery.

6. The plastic taste is honestly a non issue on the NO2, that was the biggest concern with the Oxygen so it was addressed with the NO2. All you need to do is 30 minutes to 1 hour burn in with no inhaling and you'll be ready to roll. Within a few hours of use after that, it will taste like whatever herb you are using. Its not glass on glass but its not supposed to be, if you want pure taste, get a Da Buddha, V-Tower, Extreme Q, etc..

Feel free to contact us through the site or post if you have more questions.

Thanks!

vaporizers.ca,

lwien

^^ I like the tone of this post a lot better than the last one.

/salute

lwien,

alexwilde

rediiiiiz said:
Just a heads up, looks like this has been released for sale - I just ordered mine this morning from vapir.com and ALREADY have a tracking number - can't wait to try it out!!!:brow:
Have you tried it out yet? How is it?

alexwilde,

vaporizers.ca

Retailer
I've personally been using the prototype for over a month and its a very good portable.
Definitely got me excited about the product which is why we ordered a few hundred of them.

Easy to use, easy to load, fast heat up time, etc..
Works very well in plug in or battery mode.

The draw is definitely a bit harder but once you are used to that and it starts going, there is plenty of vapor production.

I have always personally prefered battery or other methods for a portable.

Damon

vaporizers.ca,

skystate

okay I now have one of these.!

I was in a hurry to get one and yet had dropped over $250 on an Iolite. (The Iolite gave me every problem that was mentioned in the 100 pages of it's forum. Except a broken stem!) But I had given up on iolite and was ready to find something that wouldn't pollute my space with butane -when not lighting quickly. The electric powered portable seemed best.

So I walked back into the store which sold me the Iolite and I explained how painful the non-lighting aspect of the things was and wanted to look at what else they had. I noticed in the cabinet, for the first time, the Vapir no2. read the box.. and went Hmmmm. Hopped on the internet and found a lot of good info to consider on it, but very very little actual experience. IN fact.. nothing for actual experience.

After reading the pros and cons, combined with skeptics and constructive critics, I decided I would like to exchange the Iolite for the Vapir no2.. if possible. So I began dogging the store to finally reach an owner, and proposed that the Iolite replacement, was probably going to be a downhill proposition, and if they might like to be rid of me, then I might be happy with the Vapir No2 in s swap. Well the price was identical. And I guess the store was confident they would get the Iolite replaced. And Bam! I walked out with a new Vapir no2.

I will stay here to steadily report the nuances. and answer questions to help.

First impression. The bowl is decent in size for me.. though with no "pin" in the middle I feared it may not be able to heat the herb enough through and through. Will get back to that.

Second impression. It is no taller than a small soda bottle.

Third: I plugged it into my car with a 110 plug adapter in the lighter.

Fourth: I clicked "on" and set the temp to 192C (two degrees over the fixed Iolite temp) After setting, The temp gage immediately then reverts to display the actual temp. Oddly to me, the instructions said, after reaching desired temp, THEN drop in your material.

Fifth: Upon viewing the temp hitting 192C within what seemed like three seconds. I dropped a scoop (scoop tool included in the box) of some ground material that I had vaped in the Iolite. I was always a little suspicious that the 190c of Iolite was leaving something on the table, so to speak.

Sixth: I waited about 30 seconds, since the instructions said, take an "inhale as soon as you drop in material"

Seventh: I don't know which was more satisfying, the massive good taste, the powerful tingle on the back of the throat, the extremely nice airflow (which came through with a fraction of the sucking effort of the Iolite), or the fantastic vape cloud that was flying out on the exhale.

Eight: those first few inhales, were packed with what you want from your vape.

Ninth: As i always wanted to adjust the temp (at least a few more degrees) I simply hit the "+" button once or twice to move the temp to 194. A little later, 195.

Tenth: I emptied out the bowl and found it had grown to a darker shade of brown, but still no sense of burning had happened. Imo.

Eleventh: I was very glad that I had retained the spent Vapor Poo of the Iolite. I had a lot more to enjoy.

Lastly: I am charging the battery to see what the performance is with that! It seems to all fit nicely into a cup, for stealth.

More later. No more BUTANE! Yeah!

skystate,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
skystate said:
Seventh: I don't know which was more satisfying, the massive good taste, the powerful tingle on the back of the throat, the extremely nice airflow (which came through with a fraction of the sucking effort of the Iolite), or the fantastic vape cloud that was flying out on the exhale.
com'on mr. salesman, "the massive good taste" vaping ABV from an iolite?

DeepFried,

lwien

DeepFried said:
com'on mr. salesman, "the massive good taste" vaping ABV from an iolite?
Yeah. That's a bit over the top. Actually, more than a bit.

I have no idea if this is fair or not, but I'm always a bit suspect of a shill when a brand new member comes in with absolutely no posts under their belt except a positive review. And just one of the reasons is because I have never seen a brand new member come in with absolutely no posts under their belt and write a negative review.............ever, at least that I can recall.

I guess if this member was a lurker and joined awhile ago, and this was his/her very first post, it would be a bit different. But this person just joined and immediately wrote that they got a "massive good taste" from vaping ABV from an Iolite in a competitors review.

Sounds more than a bit fishy. Typically, new members will either spend a lot of time reading and doing research here, or they immediately start asking questions, but what they don't do is this.

Can't say that this kind of shill activity hasn't been attempted before though.

What's interesting is that I got an email from vaporizers.ca. I won't post up their side of the conversation because doing so would be against our rules, but I can post up mine. I told them that in lieu of any reviews here at FC on the NO2, using past negative reviews of Vapir products was really the only thing we had to go on, and that it would behoove them to give a member here a vape so that a review could be written. I believe that B. was the first to suggest this. Of course, I raised my hand, but then said that it would probably be a better idea to use someone else here, because my review would be brutally honest, negative if it was deserved and positive if it was deserved, regardless if I got a free vape out of this or not. This was on Friday. I didn't hear anything back, and then lo and behold, on Monday, this review pops up from a brand new member here..................stating the massive good taste that they got from an Iolites ABV.

Umm...........:cool:

So again, (being that I didn't hear back from you, Damon) I will suggest this publicly because I really don't put any credence in the review above, nor do I believe anyone else here does either. Give one of our long standing members here a vape to review. Use someone who has invested a lot of time here, be it the owner, a mod, or a long standing memeber. If you truly have faith that you have a great product here, than the review should reflect that, and whatever the cost is of the vape you provide will be more than compensated for by the sales that would be generated. A very good investment, if you ask me.

lwien,

skystate

lwien, and DeepFried,

Sorry to be over the top with my "massive good taste" comment. One of you did hit on a good point, I AM new to the vape world. The Iolite is the ONLY thing I have used, and it was steadily for two months.

BTW for those of you not influenced by the skeptics of me here, I have made my second Vapir2 "test" (using the same ABV).. and didn't get the exact same result.. tho I still caught the buzz I was looking for... the clouds on these were not as thick as that first session. Even after reconsidering my massively good taste comment though, it may have been a fluke, but I still stand by it. I will try to recreate it tomorrow and see if it was a fluke. I should have something fresh to test soon too.

BTW, the "massively" part of my comment referred to my impression of a hit that made me have to stop and swallow once or twice, in order to make it through the inhale, because the vapor was so strongly tickling the back of my throat. And the exhaled cloud (of these first hits) WAS as big or bigger/thicker than the best clouds I did get with the Iolite. I assume, in any unit, I would call that a massively good hit. The "taste" part refers to the fact that (akthough it was ABV) I could still taste some of the fruitful flavor of the material. Like if I had Blueberry XXX ABV, I did still taste a twinge of the blueberry, and not the "burnt popcorn" taste which (I half expected and) we all use to describe the taste and smell of ABV of the Iolite.. Meaning, astonishingly I guess, that the ABV of Iolite at 190C still contains some taste of the original. . when put to the test at 192C. But is that real surprising? I'm a newb, and speculated the concept based on common knowledge in the vape community that 190c does leave something on the table... if you can up the ante to 192C-195C

But if I had something fresh to put in the Vapir2.. for my first try, then you would not have had such a hissy fit over my comment, as I would expect I would have still said .. massively good tasting hit.. just with no mention of ABV, and all would have been well. Instead, I happened to only have this ABV to do my first test run/experiment, and I'm a bit sorry that I offended you with the apparent conspiracy theory, but at 192C, I had few hits of ABV that actually went beyond my best hits on the Iolite... when I could get that SOB lit!

Let me explain that my writing was not to say ABV is great for hits, or that it was just like a freshy,...more that I was surprised that it gave me a few great hits for having to use Iolite ABV. And I totally understand your natural inclination to jump right into flagging me as conspiracy theory, but no I'm not a salesman for this product.

If all my newness to vaping makes me unqualified to comment at all.. I apologize. I still comment, because it may help others like i would like to be helped.

BTW I DID lurk in that Iolite forum without being a member, because I could. There are 100 pages of the very questions and answers which I wanted and needed. (Don't you veterans get pissed if someone asks questions that have been asked and answered? ) So I had no need to join or post with my Iolite, because any question i might ask, had already been asked and answered as best as it could about the Iolite. Sorry that I did not vent about my negative experiences in the Iolite forum, and that my negativity happened to leak into this one. Like I said. I totally understand your skeptic-isms. But by saying to others that you are the good judge of my character and (worse) that my intent to post here is not to be informative, then you are doing a dis-service to the other readers.

And like I said, if my experience (and therefore my opinion) is too nubile for you, then state that.. but I am a new owner of the Vapir2 and not a salesman for them at all. In fact, now that the product has made it this far with me (DAY 1 LOL), I'm not intending to let it off the hook. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and be pissed off, (like.. what if within a month the digital reading goes blank? or I drop it and it breaks? etc etc. I will report both good and bad.)

This week I was looking forward to either going to get this Vapir 2 (as mentioned above) or opening up my old Iolite (per instructions on page 99!) and start tweaking it like suggested for better spark wire positioning and replacing it with a stronger piezo. But I mean I went to the mats with this Iolite product for two months of pain and agony. I'm sure my friends eventually all silently groaned when they saw me pull out the Iolite and start clicking ad infinitum. So I am just a little bitter on Iolite, and I would have you consider my Vapir2 comments against that backdrop.

Vapir2 is on a short leash with me. If it causes me pain, I will report it. If you want me to further define the quality of my hits... I will. I did go out to the garage and try it again..with Iolite ABV.. and it did not taste as "massively good" as I had for the very first test drive. But I did get a tickle in my throat, had some decent cloud exhale, and caught the buzz I was looking for. Can't wait for the fresh stuff to go in it and report.

And hey, I am only 5 hours into my ownership curve. But it is beating the heck out my Iolite ownership curve.

Love that there is no noise to this either.! My Iolite worried me a little, where, yes, you can turn it "off", but if you don't want someone to ask you "wtf is that hissing sound?" even after you turned it off..then you will like the Vapir2.

I'm a tough customer. If this Vapir2 screws with me.. I will be crushing its balls here too.
Day one.. it passed with flying colors.

But that's just my opinion!

skystate,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom