Discontinued Vapir NO2

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
I get the same amount of hits. Around 12 - 15 on a full bowl. I take 10 sec pulls and hold for about the same(10 sec). Whats your other questions?

meduser#420,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I have never changed my screen... just kept it clean.
Blow an air spray in there in the chamber for a few seconds, and you are good to go. On the top piece make sure it is good ad dry.
I have a bunch of screens but have not destroyed the original yet.
Use a wooden dowel to place and shape screen if you must replace~

I have maybe changed my screen 3 times in 2 years. I clean every so often, clean the other components as well and its good to go. The dowel trick works real well and you know what else fits like charm when inserting the screen back into its holder - the stamping tool that originally came with the Iolite. It fits perfectly!

*** EDIT *** Holy S*it - my wife has informed me that I am incorrect - the stamping tool is from the old vape-or-smoke** I stand corrected.

20121006_162650.jpg

mvapes,
Reactions: Vitolo

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
My Vape is resembling a chimney after ISO cleaning it. Thanks again for all the cleaning tips. I've had my No2 for a year and a half and barely cleaned the brass chamber, and she almost looks brand new. Very forgiving vaporizer with a very fast heatup time.
What method does anyone think works best as far as temperature wise?
set temp. or varied temps?

VapoRoor,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I stuck at 369 for a year. I then went to 375, and have remained there.
I don't generally go up in temp during a session, although many folks do.

Vitolo,

five0five

After using the no2 for little over a week now i give it a thumbs up. I gave the no2 a good cleaning, new screens, new tube, new mouth piece and a new battery. Thanks to all the help from mvapes and vitolo i now own an awesome machine that generates some crazy big clouds with great flavor. Thx mvapes for the parts website and thx vitolo for the concersations really helped me understand my no2 and best of all create massive clouds.

five0five

NEED HELP!!!!!What is that brown goo that is on my and around my top screen?? What do i use and how do i clean it??
Thx in advance.

five0five,

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you give it alot of use, there is a THC oil cleanup that must be occasionally seen to at the very top orifice, where the tube connects to the unit.
oilrun.jpg

Golden clear THC oil can trickle down the tube when you set unit down between uses. I know many like that to let that oil build up, but in this unit, you can’t, or the oil eventually will enter the orifice, and after time it can touch the top micro screen. When I see the buildup occurring, I just stick a toothpick in the tube and do a once around. If you can’t stand to let the drip of oil go to waste, spread it on a rolling paper. (or on tin foil-use lighter under then sniff the vapors!)
clean-2.jpg

The "brown goo" you saw dripped down that top black piece and clogged you up.
Vapor builds residue on any surface... the smaller the diameter of a hole, the more often it must be cleaned to avoid dripping and clogging.

poonman

NEED HELP!!!!!What is that brown goo that is on my and around my top screen?? What do i use and how do i clean it??
Thx in advance.

You can use iso to clean it .
I used to soak the entire mouthpiece in iso for an hour .
Then rinse in warm water and let dry . Remove the screen holder part and soak that also .

Have you clean your cooking chamber ?
That too , needs to be cleaned on a regular basis .
I have used a pair of tweezers to gently scrape the sides of the chamber to help remove the stains.
Then a soaked iso q-tip to get it shiny again .

I also experienced more coughing , if my NO2 is not cleaned .

Providing that you don't want to reclaim your oil .
There are still some THC properties that can still be extracted from the reclaim . imo
For example , I vaped at 369 to 375 normally .
I spread the reclaim oil on a rolling paper , and give it to my smoker friend .
He rolls it with tobacco and smokes it ( an oiler ) .
He swears , he gets off on it .
or ,
you can cook with it .

With the NO2 , it's very useful to have iso on hand .
Hope that helped .

poonman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I usually reclaim the oils after about 5 uses then at 10 I give my N02 parts an ISO bath.

mvapes,

five0five

I use my no2 as my daily so it sees many many many sessions per day. i wanna say thank you all for your help i really appriciate it. i thought it was thc oil cause it smelled pretty good.lol so i am gonna put it on some rolling paper for a friend of mine.
1. After i soak in iso and rinse with water do i air dry it or can i dry it with a hair blow dryer??
2. Since i use it so much how ofter do i clean the chamber and the parts??

five0five,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use my no2 as my daily so it sees many many many sessions per day. i wanna say thank you all for your help i really appriciate it. i thought it was thc oil cause it smelled pretty good.lol so i am gonna put it on some rolling paper for a friend of mine.
1. After i soak in iso and rinse with water do i air dry it or can i dry it with a hair blow dryer??
2. Since i use it so much how ofter do i clean the chamber and the parts??
1-try a vacuum cleaner for a brief moment!

2-I clean the parts daily, but the chamber has never been cleaned other than the brushing after each load.

I'm having some problems similar to the user that was experiencing the No2 smoking. Usually the vapir no2 works perfectly, but recently (past 2 days) its been smoking upon turning it up (i only use it at about 350 degrees). I took the screen out, took it apart and cleaned it, but upon putting it back together and heating it back up, the chamber was still emitting smoke. If you try to put some herb in there, it will heat up alot faster than the usual and cook the herbs to a burnt unpleasant taste. After looking through this thread, i heard sticky herb might be the culprit and indeed this did start happening around the time i got a fresh sticky bag. So i'm going to try heating it up for 20 minutes before trying again. If that fails i'll call the service line, but id hate to have to return the product (i had to return it a few months ago due to charge problems and got a new refurbished one). Anyone else experience something like this? Any idea of what it could be besides the herb?

Bankrupt-Music,

poonman

I'm having some problems similar to the user that was experiencing the No2 smoking. Usually the vapir no2 works perfectly, but recently (past 2 days) its been smoking upon turning it up (i only use it at about 350 degrees). I took the screen out, took it apart and cleaned it, but upon putting it back together and heating it back up, the chamber was still emitting smoke. If you try to put some herb in there, it will heat up alot faster than the usual and cook the herbs to a burnt unpleasant taste. After looking through this thread, i heard sticky herb might be the culprit and indeed this did start happening around the time i got a fresh sticky bag. So i'm going to try heating it up for 20 minutes before trying again. If that fails i'll call the service line, but id hate to have to return the product (i had to return it a few months ago due to charge problems and got a new refurbished one). Anyone else experience something like this? Any idea of what it could be besides the herb?

Welcome to FC Bankrupt-Music ,
It's early here , so bare with me .
Is your chamber clean of built up resin ?
Is it shiny brass like the first day you got it ?
Sometimes the resin will smoke upon heating up , it like " Oil " .

You need to clean your NO2 regularly , including your chamber . imo
I think it depends on the amount of usage and the temp settings of the individual user .
When I first got it , I used it 24/7 as my primary vape for 13 months straight .
So you can imagine the build up , I was getting .
Plus it didn't matter to me that I used damp moist herbs .
It provided me with better taste and flavor . imo

poonman,
Thank you for the welcome, my gf stumbled upon the site looking for help and i've been browsing it and enjoying the community the past hour.

I'll post some pics, its not completely clean like day 1, but i did grab a q tip and some rubbing alcohol and gave it a good cleaning. My screens are completely new as well. I clean it every two days, but i vape heavily daily so a good amount of build up occurs. I could definetly use a few tips on how to clean it for heavy users. I usually keep it at 350 degrees.

Bankrupt-Music,

al bundy

Vaporist
I would soak the screens in ISO before you use them for a few minutes.
And if the bowl has any kind of leftover herb/resin like in the picture it will smoke.Nothing to worry about.
Use a twisted up paper towel to clean the bowl ,soak it in iso and keep twisting back and forth.

al bundy,

poonman

it looks like right at the bottom , there's some staining there .
yea , you should give it a good cleaning .
when it gets like that , I have used a pair of tweezers blades to gently scrape off/loose
the resins , then wipe with a soaked iso q-tip . Don't forget the sides of the chamber also .
it looks like there may be some build up there too .

yes , heavy usage will require a regular cleaning regiment .
but it's worth it though .imo You can get it back to shiny brass new again .
It's a convection vape , think of it as your oven .
If you use your oven everyday....get out the " Easy- off " .

hope that helps
keep us posted

poonman,
Yea taking that pic, i've re-broke out the iso and i'm twisting a towel as we speak.

Should i avoid pipe cleaners like Formula 420 (because i do have a bottle and thought mb a q tip damped might help)?

Bankrupt-Music,

poonman

Yea taking that pic, i've re-broke out the iso and i'm twisting a towel as we speak.

Should i avoid pipe cleaners like Formula 420 (because i do have a bottle and thought mb a q tip damped might help)?
I've never used that stuff , so can't comment .
But does it have harmful toxins that can be left behind residually .
keep in mind you have to inhale thru it .
iso is good enough . imo
oops , I guess I did comment ...hehe

poonman,
Well i tried packing a round and i thought it was working properly but i guess not. Its still getting hot and cooking the herbs. Sessions used to last 10-15 min, now they are 2-3 min before the taste gets too harsh and the herbs empty almost black (used to be brown). I wonder if i was sent a faulty machine as this was a refurbished unit sent 3 months back to replace my original unit that had some charge connection problems. Any ideas or am i still not cleaning well enough?

Bankrupt-Music,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Whatever stains are on the brass...that do not come off with Iso and Qtip are OK..leave them!
Make certain you heat the unit empty, then put the herb in.
Heating unit with herb in is most often the cause of the discoloration, and stains... as well as shutting unit mid session, and restarting it already loaded.
Some units are fine to heat with the herb in place... NO2 is better heated first with herb added after as stated in the NO2 Manual.

Vitolo,
A

Austin

I have had my NO2 for over a year, but only now am I starting to worry about all the plastic the air passes by before reaching your lungs. Should I be worried?

Austin,
Top Bottom