Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
stickstones said:
pv...did you read my posts about the efficiency testing? I basically put a PD stem's worth of bud in an ELB and went to town. Got good vapor and the same effects as with the PD. I can't verify the low temp claims (mine runs hot), but I can verify the efficiency claims.

Yeah stickstones I unfortunately don't have my PD any more, but when I did I preformed similar trials with a PD stem worth of flowers in my VHW bowl. I found pretty much the same thing: it definitely wasn't perfect but it worked at least as well as the same amount in the PD--meaning it got me to the same place or higher--and it tasted better. I did have to turn up the heat a touch though and I doubt you need to do that with the VXC (well not you personally with the unit that runs hot but you know what I mean :ko:). I'm sure the VXC handles small loads better and as others are indicating the VXC claims to offer better efficiency overall, by virtue of design. Very cool stuff, I really am super glad that this level of efficiency is available with the VXC. I love taking big rips some times (and some times I need big rips) but most of the time it's slow and steady for me. The simplicity of this thing and the reliability of consistent heating seems to make it very versatile indeed.

partially veiled,

sweetdreams4.2.0

Thank you Mr. Smoke but i'm also low on the list and im afraid i won't receive that nice packaging so i'm trying to find a nice case like a pelican or something to protect the cloud just incase they havent added it to early orders

sweetdreams4.2.0,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
@sweetdreams4.2.0 why not just use a Pelican case then? VXC seems like an investment worth protecting :2c: Plus small Pelican cases are great for traveling with your gear.

partially veiled,

sweetdreams4.2.0

Haha yeah i don't want anything happening to my cloud, thats why i edited a post a moment ago to find out the dimensions of the cloud and HT's that way i can find a perfect case for it.

sweetdreams4.2.0,

herbzzzzzzzz

just so were clear, people have been using this thing for hash right? thats the only application i would want it for, thanks fc and sm

herbzzzzzzzz,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
partially veiled said:
Troi said:
The cloud has great efficiency at lower temperatures due to the turbulence create by the design of the air path, since the air moves thoroughly through the ez-bowl, it creates more vapor at lower temps then more traditional vapor paths.

So, basically, the answer is :science: I understand what you're saying but I don't truly grasp why there is more turbulence in the air path nor how that creates more vapor at lower temps. However, as oldiebutgoodie said, the proof is in the pudding. If it works it works. I don't need to understand it for it to work, I would just prefer to understand it (in the absence of actually trying it myself) before I agree to these statements as truthful. I do trust the fine people of FC however so I will relent and wait until I can satisfy myself by testing my very own Cloud :) Thanks for the feedback Troi.

So OK, I'm gonna give this a shot. Bare in mind that my engineering discpline is not thermodynamics. And besides, not being privy to the design itself, I couldn't comment anyway on how the turbulence is induced or how the air pressure is reduced. This all may very well be part of the "patent pending" system and hence a trade-secret. We may never know the how. But, presuming that this is actually occurring, one can formulate a reasonable hypothesis for why the effects induced result in greater efficiency at lower temperatures.

First re the turbulence in the air path . . . vaporizer air paths are linear. The hot air penetrates the load at the air entry point, moves through the material, and exits. As it passes through the material, the temperature decreases because energy is absorbed and along with compounds, converted into gas. For example, in a 2004 LC/GC study using the Volcano set to 226C with thermo-couples mounted at the entry and exit points of the load, the temp at entry was 218C and at exit was 155C. If turbulence is introduced into the air movement the energy will disburse more evenly and thoroughly, coming into more and better contact with the material with consequent increased gas conversion. Of course, density, moisture, and amount of material, and density of pack, are also variables; but all things being equal, the turbulence should add efficiency.

The effect of lowering the air pressure in the ELB is more complex . . . air has weight (or mass). Air pressure is the force exerted by that weight. Low pressure areas have less mass. So for example as elevation increases, there is less mass and hence less pressure. Air mass/pressure affects the "boiling off" of materials, aka vaporization. When the air pressure is less, the boiling point falls - that's why when cooking at higher elevations the recipe must be adjusted, i.e., there is less air mass/pressure around the material. Consequently, if the air pressure in the herb repository is lowered, the boiling point will also be lowered, yet the result will be the same.

I'm certainly no expert on all the vaporizers on the market. But from what I've seen, they all operate on the same basic principle, i.e., moving air through a heat source into contact with the material. Where there is sophistication, it is in areas such as distance, resistance, or cleanliness in the path. Inducing a change in how the molecules behave and the pressure of the environment; that's altogether different. IMO the guys at VapeXhale may have a breakthrough. This, and the results thereof, is what sold me on the Cloud. The tubes were the gravy.

oldiebutgoodie,

elixsor

Fwiw I emailed SM55 this weekend regarding a case and he suggested:
I prefer using Pelican brand cases.

I use the Pelican 1200 for the SGW. The Vertigo requires a longer box as his tubes are 11-12 inches in length versus 9 inches for SGW.

We will be offering our own cases in a few months as well

elixsor,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
partially veiled said:
@sweetdreams4.2.0 why not just use a Pelican case then? VXC seems like an investment worth protecting :2c: Plus small Pelican cases are great for traveling with your gear.

I bought a pelican case for the vxc almost a year and a half ago, I was a little early.

IAmKrazy2,

sweetdreams4.2.0

Alright so it's looking like pelican cases are the way to go, i'll look at the 1500 model it seems to have enough room to house the VXC and vertigo tube. Thanks for the help everyone!

sweetdreams4.2.0,

oldiebutgoodie

IAmKrazy2 said:
I bought a pelican case for the vxc almost a year and a half ago, I was a little early.

These cases are new to me. Can you point me to the case that you will be using for the Cloud? I presume it also stores the tube? (I'll be using the Showerdome.) Thanks!

oldiebutgoodie,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
Don't plan on traveling much with mine. The question of the day is "has anyone got an email". different note weight and mass are different. Not much mind in the small quantities we are talking about. I have not held the bowl in my hands but it looks like there are multiple ways for the air to enter the bowl and stir up the contents. In vaporization airflow in and around the herbs is key. The better the airflow the lower the temp needs to be. I am a low temp vaporist . I am salivating waiting for my email. It is nice to hear from the the beta testers but everyone's expectations are different. I expect that when everyone has there hands on it some will be happy and some will not. I hope that I am one of the happy ones( I think I will be) :2c:

jackstraw62,

oldiebutgoodie

jackstraw62 said:
. . . different note weight and mass are different. Not much mind in the small quantities we are talking about . . .

Good catch. You're right, of course. I fumbled the wording. I should have kept it straightforward: Reducing pressure lowers the boiling point, that is what is key. And this factor inter-plays with the air movement, the other key point, as you observe.

Someday maybe I'll learn how to keep things simple. :) Obviously, not today, though. :/

oldiebutgoodie,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
jackstraw62 said:
Don't plan on traveling much with mine. The question of the day is "has anyone got an email". different note weight and mass are different. Not much mind in the small quantities we are talking about. I have not held the bowl in my hands but it looks like there are multiple ways for the air to enter the bowl and stir up the contents. In vaporization airflow in and around the herbs is key. The better the airflow the lower the temp needs to be. I am a low temp vaporist . I am salivating waiting for my email. It is nice to hear from the the beta testers but everyone's expectations are different. I expect that when everyone has there hands on it some will be happy and some will not. I hope that I am one of the happy ones( I think I will be) :2c:

Sometimes I hate to watch a movie, that everyone seemed to like. You have to see it, its amazing. Usually, the hype doesn't meet the actual thing. A little dissapointing sometimes. With the vxc, I can't imagine EVERYONE will be uber happy but I expect the vast majority will say it was worth the wait and the bank. This vape is just so damn good.

To whoever asked about cases, ill look later if someone else doesn't chime in.

On concentrates, I tried a bit of bubble and kief, no oil. No time for deep testing. This device is more then capable to making an awesome vape for concentrates... proper temp range, thick vapor, water cooled. But, for oil I think you would want to rig a second screen to avoid leekage thru ss screen. I think something could maybe be devised to put in the ez loadbowl, like a piece of glass with holes or something to make this thing insane with concentrates. That said, out of the box, with the stock bowl, it should still be one of the best concentrate options IMO... the revolution just isn't what I need. To much fiddling for two or three hits in a row. Ill bet the cloud will put my revolution and essential vaaape back in the drawer.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Pardon if I missed anyone's questions as I haven't had a chance to read thru the last couple of days worth of posts.....but I just wanted to say Happy Valentine's day to everyone!

Ok, I did have another piece of news, the first units should be shipping out today.

OK, back to the grind for us but hope thought it would be appropriate to let everyone know that we have now officially launched!

Happy V-Day!

stonemonkey55,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
:clap:
vxcbase.png
:clap:

moodswing,

Ville23

Whoooooo Hoooooo....Congrats to SM55 & the whole team!
Can't wait to hear all the great reviews...it's gonna be fun!

Happy Cloud day to all :D

Ville23,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Congrats. An auspicious day that will mark the start of a lot of love affairs! Looking forward to Cloud 9!

VapeArts,

BL4ZE

Congrats to the vapexhale team!! This is very exciting news, I just hope I'm not to far down the list :lol: I'm sure everyone else feels the same way though.

BL4ZE,

ThouShaltVape

Loves Me Some MMJ
Oh man, I'm feelin the love on this most awesome V-Day...and we all know that the V doesn't stand for Valentines! GO! GO! GO!

ThouShaltVape,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom