Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
The graviton has a 12mm slide/bowl. Look up bobhq.com, which is where i got mine. I have posted a link to it in another "unadvertisable" section of FC.

Afaik, they don't make the graviton with gong joints.

notmyrealUSERname,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Some googling has found a source that might contain your answers, SM and Krazy...

The official website for the gravitron, I believe.

http://www.airgravitron.com/index.php/gravitron.html?SID=6908c2e805b4e38f7c89886bd20448bd

Edit** I looked and didn't find anything, not to say tht the size or info isn't there. But i sent a letter to them via their website;
I have a question about the Gravitron. What is the diameter for the glass slide/bowl that is used? Does the bowl/slide connect to a glass on glass female joint? If so what size is it, 18.8 mm? Any information pertaining to this would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I'll post the response if/when i receive it.

Got a reply today...

Dave from Gravitron said:
You would need to find a 19/22 female joint tooled on or welded to a
16mm (OD) piece of stock tubing. That size will fit our grommet to
drop inside the neck of the bottle. You could then use any 18.8 or 19
male bowl to operate.

Thanks for your interest, we are very sorry that we don't make these
conversion adaptors, but the market did not support it last time we
tried to sell them.

Thanks again!
Dave

Purpl3_Haz3,

PoopMachine

SM, I know youre in a "when its done" mode but we've been hearing March/April for shipping and March is halfway over. Im considering adding another high end vape to my arsenal but Im still holding out for a Cloud. Is the March/April launch date still realistic? Im trying to budget my money and dont want to drop a huge amount on another vape and then you guys start shipping a week later.

Thanks

PoopMachine,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
PoopMachine said:
SM, I know youre in a "when its done" mode but we've been hearing March/April for shipping and March is halfway over. Im considering adding another high end vape to my arsenal but Im still holding out for a Cloud. Is the March/April launch date still realistic? Im trying to budget my money and dont want to drop a huge amount on another vape and then you guys start shipping a week later.

Thanks

I'd save your money but I'm a little biased. I'm getting the EZ load bowl this week. Upon approval, then we are 30-60 days from launching as that is the amount of time it takes the screen company to produce these in enough quantities to fulfill the order. I gave the screen manufacturer the male gong joint so the fit should be perfect, once it is approved, time to LAUNCH!

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Progress said:
Gravitron? :hmm: Sounds like some kinda robot, dance, or amusement park ride. :lol: Just kidding. :p Go glass! :tup:

I do have a question about the bowl design of the Cloud.

I imagine that the hydratube and the cloud do not have a tight seal. but wobble a bit (both for safety and ease of use).

And, I was imagining/hoping that the part of the cloud GonG itself causes the grip to be more loose/slick than a typical GonG joint (and the GonG of the hydratubes mimics typical GonG joints exactly). That way, it would operate just as well with currently owned pieces as the hydratubes.

I guess my question is if I am correct about the connection of the cloud to an accessory (and, am I making sense? :lol: ).

Prog - Sorry missed this question over the weekend. We are actually using 19/22 joints instead of 19/26 joints on the Cloud for that specific reason, to make it "less sticky" since there is less friction area on the 19/22s. For those that don't know, 19mm male/female joints come in two lengths, 22mm and 26mm lengths. The female joints in the HydraTubes are full 26mm but the males are only 22. This should provide less sticking. We also had the manufacture grind it down slightly different than a standard GonG joint so that you need to "twist and lock" it in place if you want a super airtight seal but in our tests, you get a good enough seal whether you just drop it in or you do the "twist and lock"

stonemonkey55,

mistake

I am a little too lazy to read through all 74 pages of this to find an answer, and the search bar has not yielded anything helpful. Will this thing eventually be sold without the glass tubes? I am interested in the unit itself, but a special glass tube with a joint on the bottom is not something I need or want - I already have glassware I can use this with. And, if you plan on selling it separately, what are your pricing plans for the unit by itself?

mistake,

Adaox

Quick question, is the website going to be the only way to get my hands on one of these? >.>

Adaox,

Adaox

Oh my. I may have to visit you before the cloud goes live. Nice website. I'm just one of those guys who hates waiting for shipping. :D

Adaox,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
mistake said:
I am a little too lazy to read through all 74 pages of this to find an answer, and the search bar has not yielded anything helpful. Will this thing eventually be sold without the glass tubes? I am interested in the unit itself, but a special glass tube with a joint on the bottom is not something I need or want - I already have glassware I can use this with. And, if you plan on selling it separately, what are your pricing plans for the unit by itself?

During the launch period, the VapeXhale Cloud will only be available as a full kit. Down the road, the Cloud will be offered by itself. Currently, there is no timing and/or price but I will update you once the powers that be make the decision.

The Cloud will only be available from our website for the first couple of months. We are a new manufacturing company that is still analyzing how our supply chain functions, once we get a better understanding of all the moving parts and what it takes to keep our inventory levels where we want them to be, then we will begin leveraging online and brick and mortar retailers

TGIF!

stonemonkey55,

mistake

Thanks for your response, that's about what I was expecting. $200-$250 is what I would expect to pay for this thing by itself. I am very interested in the VXH, and I can't wait to buy one :)

mistake,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I think 250 would likly be the bottom line, maybe and likely more as a solo unit.

Hey SM? Things looking pretty close? I been checking my junk email carefully daily, hoping it is finalized soon, I am stoked! Herb I s currently more then plentiful for me, and lookin to make some clouds!

IAmKrazy2,

lepstadder

I realize the introductory price for pre orders is 350- For the tube and the vape

Even if they raise the price to 450 when it comes out

Selling just the vape for say 300, would price the name brand tubes at 150

Also theya re going to use non name brand tubes to help the cost

Really i spose the point is we can speculate all about it, till the clouds come home... but we wont know till then

lepstadder,

mistake

$150 seems a little low for the kind of tubes that are being included, if they were regular water pipes they would probably go for at least $200 or above. $200 is my guess for the unit by itself...

mistake,

blackbur

yo mistake, SGW/SOV/Vertigo water pipes normally go for +$300 brand spanking new. To be honest $350 is a very appropriate price for those who reserved/followed the thread from the beginning. Its not too expensive and its not too cheap. For the amount of time and work put into this project anything over $500 would still be fair in my book.

blackbur,

Pappy

shmaporist
I'm afraid Stone Monkey is giving these away! Considering all he put into it I just hope he breaks even. :2c:
Introductory deal is a real steal!

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Pappy, which one are you getting?

I want whatever Pappy gets. I don't remember which one I ordered, though. :ko:

Tstat,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey SM? Things looking pretty close? I been checking my junk email carefully daily, hoping it is finalized soon, I am stoked! Herb I s currently more then plentiful for me, and lookin to make some clouds!

Things are going very well, I received the samples of the next batch of EZ load bowls and they fit like a glove. Just placed our order and should be receiving them in 30-60 days.

are the percs only available with a unit or are they separate?

As with the Cloud, the HydraTubes will also be available by themselves in the near future. Pricing to come shortly.

yo mistake, SGW/SOV/Vertigo water pipes normally go for +$300 brand spanking new. To be honest $350 is a very appropriate price for those who reserved/followed the thread from the beginning. Its not too expensive and its not too cheap. For the amount of time and work put into this project anything over $500 would still be fair in my book

I'm afraid Stone Monkey is giving these away! Considering all he put into it I just hope he breaks even.
Introductory deal is a real steal!

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the pricing. Obviously, we weren't creating this vape out of altruistic reasons but building the most PROFITABLE vape was NOT the methodology that we took. As many of you may or may not know, I am a huge Steve Jobs fan, especially his philosophy on how to design consumer products. His approach is to build the most user friendly, life changing gadget he could and if it did what he said it would do, the demand will be there regardless of pricing.

We set out to create what we believed to be the healthiest, tastiest, vaporizer with the most lung expanding heat retention capabilities out there. While we used all the existing vapes as a baseline for how we wanted the Cloud to perform, the Cloud has very little in common with any existing vapes out there in terms of internals components and they way it was put together. Sure it would have been easier, cheaper, and faster to use components that already existed but to get the performance that I wanted, designing components from the ground up was the only way to go.

The investment group behind the Cloud has pushed me to expedite release dates, use cheaper components, build on the foundation that other vape manufacturers had already laid out, but in the end, none of those things would allow me to create the vaporizer that I wanted to create. I don't normally like to pat myself on the back, but the amount of man hours that we've spent for every single aspect of the Cloud gives me the confidence to say that the Cloud will have its place in vaporizer history as one of the game changers. From the EZ load bowl, HydraTubes, backwards compatibility with glass water tools, heat retention, lack of hot spots when vaporizing, all the way to the packaging - our team has spent countless hours and countless arguments to make sure that we deliver on the promises of this vaporizer....

With that said, here is some more test footage of the Cloud with the StoneGlassWorks ShowerDome

http://vapexhale.com/index.php?opti...ssworks-making-vapor&catid=4:general&Itemid=6

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Pappy, which one are you getting?

I want whatever Pappy gets. I don't remember which one I ordered, though. :ko:
Flattery will get you everywhere :p
I'm getting the Vertigo.

Pappy,

PoopMachine

Hey SM.. completely "out of left field" question... what did you guys end up deciding on about packaging? I know you had asked about hard cases at one point and I sent you a link to a Pelican knock off that I use for my Volcano.

Is there going to be a storage case available for this gem?

PoopMachine,

mistake

blackbur said:
yo mistake, SGW/SOV/Vertigo water pipes normally go for +$300 brand spanking new. To be honest $350 is a very appropriate price for those who reserved/followed the thread from the beginning. Its not too expensive and its not too cheap. For the amount of time and work put into this project anything over $500 would still be fair in my book.

I am painfully aware of how expensive decent glass is, which is why I don't see the point of buying a glass tube with a joint on the bottom that I can only use with a VXH. I already have tubes I can use with it.

mistake,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom