Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkmeaner

It is hilarious that people assume they should be eligible for beta testing, if anyone is eligible it should be the manufacturer's close (local friends) and possibly the top moderators or admin of the board, either wya I am sure he has it covered. It seems like when a manufacturer is involved with and posts on a forum, the natives get too comfortable and start to assume they are special and deserve special treatment or favors. I mean come on, if Ford posted info on a auto forum would you ask them for a loaner or a prototype at cost? :uhoh:

stinkmeaner,

fidget

stinkmeaner said:
It is hilarious that people assume they should be eligible for beta testing, if anyone is eligible it should be the manufacturer's close (local friends) and possibly the top moderators or admin of the board, either wya I am sure he has it covered. It seems like when a manufacturer is involved with and posts on a forum, the natives get too comfortable and start to assume they are special and deserve special treatment or favors. I mean come on, if Ford posted info on a auto forum would you ask them for a loaner or a prototype at cost? :uhoh:

A faint heart never won fair lady :)

fidget,

george

stinkmeaner said:

Well who wouldn't want to be a beta tester. It can't hurt to try.. :/

I agree with you though, SM's close friends and maybe a moderator on here should and most likely will be the beta testers.

george,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
I mean come on, if Ford posted info on a auto forum would you ask them for a loaner or a prototype at cost? :uhoh:

Fuck yeah. Gimme dat GT40 !!

lwien,

stinkmeaner

It doesn't hurt to ask?
It really comes down to manors and pride and asking for free stuff is much the same as begging. Proper manors would entail you don't ask for something unless you need it, but how could we expect any different in a world of welfare and able men sitting around waiting to waiting to win the lottery.

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
Troi said:
Given that Stonemokey has stated that this is a 3 man, born from FC Vape, why wouldn't he potentially look towards the FC population for beta testing?
If he chose to do so I doubt he'd be undiplomatic enough to insult those he skipped over by publicizing it! Plus, it's crystal clear that SM55 is a walking talking Beta Test. 54 iterations came before and he rejected each. And hey, Beta testing is for software -- not vapes, anyway! :lol:

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

stonemonkey55 said:
That should be in Stonemonkeys Signature since the question is asked every day.

Done

To lighten the mood a little, it is cool that there is an update in Stonemonkey55's signature now. Now people can look on any one of his posts to see what is going on with release dates and anything else he wants to share.

stinkmeaner,

vapormonkey

Everyone needs a freebie, especially in this economy but as far as "beta testing". That's Stonemonkeys job. He's gonna take the "heat"if the Cloud doesn't hold it's heat. It's one thing to design a good product and a whole other thing to make it work. Just ask McDonalds.

vapormonkey,

Carbon

We should have a raffle for beta testing units for all existing members (no new registers after it starts). I say this with at least 90% certainty that they'd never actually do this.

Carbon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Troi said:
Stonemonkey:

1. Has the to hot to hold heating issue been resolved? Or still being tested to perfection?

2. I'm interested in being a northeast distributor (Philadelphia) , when is the best time to email you about that?

3. Looking for beta testers?, I'm sure people would be willing to pay $$ to beta test, I suggest a beta test deposit swap out for a new model once beta completed, pending proper return of beta unit, shipping on testers. The deposit can then be used against the new model, with possibly a beta test reward/discount. (Just giving some ideas, obviously I don't know your bottom line costs, and if this would make business sense to do).

1 . The heating issue is in final testing, I am fairly comfortable saying it is resolved.

2. We will be putting up a "Distributors" page on our website shortly. We will be going through a selection process to pick a few distributors for the VXC in the next couple of months.

3. Unfortunately, we have selected our beta testers, some are local to me, some are in other parts of this country, and others are fc.com members. While the VXC beta testers have already been chosen, we will be running monthly programs for fc.com members to participate and win some VX products.

stonemonkey55,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Unfortunately, we have selected our beta testers

sm55 -- that is NOT an unfortunate condition ... and my most sincere congratulations to the team for carrying development so far along and stepping closer to delivering a marketable product.

Hippie Dickie,

DaProfessor

hereatlast said:
2clicker those NameBrand glass (they're actually local to me, nice!) circs. are a weird style IMO, hard to beat Vertigo/SGW/SG in that regard. Namebrand also seems like a little overpriced, not sure how that would translate into large numbers though.

I have a NBG circ bubbler. I've hit toro, 2010bc and hedman circs. They all are great and the NBG style is definitely not of any lesser quality. I agree that they are a little pricey, but the style is refreshing. NBG circs are a tad chuggy compared to most, but still airy and smooth.

This brings up the topic more regional blowers. It would be really cool if blowers start to make their own 'unofficial' pieces for the cloud. That will really solidify the design in the vape world. People will want a vape that will work with their pieces, thus ensuring the longevity of the design.

DaProfessor,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
DaProfessor said:
hereatlast said:
2clicker those NameBrand glass (they're actually local to me, nice!) circs. are a weird style IMO, hard to beat Vertigo/SGW/SG in that regard. Namebrand also seems like a little overpriced, not sure how that would translate into large numbers though.

I have a NBG circ bubbler. I've hit toro, 2010bc and hedman circs. They all are great and the NBG style is definitely not of any lesser quality. I agree that they are a little pricey, but the style is refreshing. NBG circs are a tad chuggy compared to most, but still airy and smooth.

This brings up the topic more regional blowers. It would be really cool if blowers start to make their own 'unofficial' pieces for the cloud. That will really solidify the design in the vape world. People will want a vape that will work with their pieces, thus ensuring the longevity of the design.

DaProfessor, I noticed in your signature that you own one of HiSi's U-Percs - I have long been a fan of this design and don't really see many people talking about. This type of design would work great in a HydraTube. How do you like yours? I have one of the dual U-Percs and I find that it has very little drag and diffuses wonderfully and when you clear it, you almost don't need a splashguard at all.

stonemonkey55,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
stonemonkey55 said:
2. We will be putting up a "Distributors" page on our website shortly. We will be going through a selection process to pick a few distributors for the VXC in the next couple of months.

All this talk about picking distributors and listing them on the website shortly - not to mention the heating intricacies getting worked out - has me all excited about dropping some dough on a new device!! And one that even includes some sick glassware too!!! :D :D

Ok. I'm done drooling for the day... Sure I'll be back again tomorrow

mongorian,

hereatlast

DaProfessor I'm sorry, don't think I said anywhere that NameBrandGlass was of lesser quality, if I did that was my mistake. I guess what I was trying to get across is that it doesn't seem as if there is a need for more blowers on VXC team at this point (the big three mentioned above and the in-house scientific blower), that said, I'm sure NBG could bring something new/good to the table and invoke progress.

The NBG stuff is definitely quality, I've held and tried several of their pieces (just with water, no vapor unfortunately) in-store and their glass and welds are thick as hell. I almost went with a NBG piece for my next purchase as I really like to support local glass (Philadelphia in this case), unfortunately the pricing just didn't do it for me.

All this talk about glass has me wondering...stonemonkey, what's the situation with VXC's in-house scientific blower? Is he/she still the planned producer of 'generic' hydratubes? I'm really interested in the scientific blower's (in general not any specific one) perspective on 'our' functional glass scene...would love to see some more pics of those hydratubes :cool:

hereatlast,

vapormonkey

How about a very small oven that bakes your glass piece instead of torching it? I'm referring to da Monkeys cool "Rain" torch deal. This may be the easiest and best way to vape. Heat a glass "mass" and use that as your heat source. Love Stonemonkeys choice of music in his Youtube vids. I just vaped wit stomemonkey on TV. lol. I'm mrwillianwonder on Youtube. Check out my music channel.

vapormonkey,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey guys, if time permits, I'm hoping to have some videos the VXCloud in action by this time next week.

Also, funny thing about NameBrandGlass -- I got in touch with someone that works directly with them over the weekend by chance. Who knows? We may see a few HydraTubes with the NBG style percs in there after all.

@hereatlast - You in the Philly area? I do business out there for my day job as I manage out East coast business, if I have to make another trip before VXC launches, we should def have a session while I'm there.

stonemonkey55,

vapormonkey

Wear some really funky goggles and rock us out with some hard funk music then. I kinda like the night job let it all hang out monkey. :lol:

vapormonkey,

hereatlast

Yup I'm in Philly's center-city area, I'm sure you stay somewhere round these parts of the city. Wouldn't turn down a call from the monkey, a nice warm place to vape is always available :cool:

Would be cool to see some NBG hydratubes, a new shop opened up here in Philly with a direct line to NameBrandGlass, I'm still pondering a custom order as I would love an excuse to stop by the studio. ;)

Definitely looking forward to more vids/pics whatever.

hereatlast,

vapormonkey

Do you know what would be really nice? A "blue-milk" version of the Cloud in glossy two tone baby blue and milk colors. The Bluemilk Cloud. I love it.

vapormonkey,

2clicker

Observer
vapormonkey said:
Do you know what would be really nice? A "blue-milk" version of the Cloud in glossy two tone baby blue and milk colors. The Bluemilk Cloud. I love it.

you could take it apart and take the pieces to an auto body shop and have them use auto paint and clear coat... chameleon paint maybe... ?

or you could have the pieces powder coated, truck bed lined (line-x), screen printed on, or sublimated...

or send them to Banksy for a total custom piece (see Banksy thread in vapor lounge)

ive been thinking about pimpin out my DBV a bit

2clicker,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Interesting topic guys and obviously one that would come up sooner than later. We just added a comments section to the blog on the VapeXhale website (http://vapexhale.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=8) - was hoping you guys could help me test it out by participating in any of the conversations going on in one of my numerous (sarcasm) blog posts on our website. If you guys want to share any of the information found on our website into your social networks, we recently added one of those buttons so that you could easily do that. Boom Boom Pow!, we are finally so 2010 and not (as Fergie from Black Eyed Peas would put it) 2000 and Late.

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom