Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The Rain looks like an interesting product, and it made me rip my CD Flame Filter a few times after i watched you. Seems like a good concept, eliminating any little amount of butane from being sucked through.

But, even with the Rain prospect ahead, i was still little disappointed the video was not of The Cloud. Do you have a concept model you have been using of the Cloud SM? Just wondering. I have switched to all glass vaping, aside from my PD to maintain, and i just can't have too many viable ways to get medicated.

IAmKrazy2,

the electrician

that is a very fine device. my knowledge regarding heat retention and such topics is not up to much and cant contribute meaningfully to the discussion, that said an idea i did have watching the video ran thus; why not fit a female gong joint on the top and include a plug? the benefit being two-fold, for one it would keep the non torch hand free for whatever you use your free hands for and secondly its a "free" cleaning plug, everyone wants one of those

either way you make sure to keep up the good work

the electrician,

george

SM- I'm in the market for exactly that type of vape (VXR), except the hdvape and others dont look worth my time. If it required a certain way of heating (thats not too hard to do) and it didn't require a very expensive torch lighter, i would definately be interested. The only other vape like this which has caught my eye has been CD 's flame filter.

george,

lepstadder

I love the idea

Being all glass and 100% cleanable

It would be great to take camping(if you dont break it)

lepstadder,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I guess if using it say 3 times a day minimum and you'd expect it to last for at least 6 months before cracking, it would need to survive about 540 heat cycles. Durability will of course also be greatly influenced by the type of annealing and the temperature control over that process.

DeepFried,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@iamkrazy2 - it's coming, it's coming!

@Deepfried - I miss your Towlie avatar... I'm gonna need some back up to try and get to 540 heat cycles, I only added an addition 5 heat cycles yesterday...feel like such a slacker... ;)

I'm gonna try all the different suggestions to see if they help with the durability but right now I feel pretty good about the smaller flame/more even heat up technique... 35 bowls down, only 505 more to go

stonemonkey55,

champ3185

hi SM. after watching your vids on youtube all I can say is wow..very inovative and fair play! the rain model looks perfect except for the durability issue you mentioned. ATM Im planning on getting a vaporstar and bong setup going. Would there be a large difference in performance between the VS and your new model? all glass does sound nice. The only vape i own and have tried is the lb.

champ3185,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@champ3185 - If you define performance by how big a vapor hit it can produce, then based on my limited experience with the Vaporstar (about 10x) - then the VXR will out perform it.

If you define performance by how fast it heats up, then the Vaporstar outperforms the VXR.

Another thing to keep in mind is whether or not you want to be sucking butane into the vapor path. I have read that it is harmless to be sucking butane as the flame burns off most, if not all of the bad stuff, but for me, and VXL in general, we try to keep the air path as pure as possible.

If you are asking me for a suggestion on what to do, I will go against what I want you to do and say that you should go ahead and get the Vaporstar. Too many question marks about the VXR and if you are in a hurry to get a vape, then the Vaporstar is the one that is being sold today.

Here is an idea that I am just throwing out there.... what if we offered a replacement program for a year where all you pay is the S&H ($10-15) charge for replacements? Given the nature of glass and its durability issues, this is an idea I was thinking about that seemed like a decent win/win for both the manufacturer as well as the consumer. This won't cover an accidental drop on the ground but more to deal with any issues with cracking due to heat stress. What do you guys think?

stonemonkey55,

champ3185

SM.. I appreciate the honesty and the confidence in your product.I will order the VS. When your model comes out I will more than likely get that too. I like the idea you were contemplating.It seems like it benefits all parties and will increase buyer confidence.I am interested to see what happens.

Best of luck;) gonna hit the lb

champ3185,

stinkmeaner

@Stonemonkey>>>> Another option if the copper idea worked could be electroplating, this might allow for a thinner layer.

EonBlue said:
I'm down with the $10-15 to replace the glass, esp. if its SG glass ;)

I am assuming that it is produced by their "In House" artists, I could be wrong but from the what I gathered Sovereignty was helping with the design, they are probably so busy keeping SG on the shelves I can't picture them doing production vaporizers.

stinkmeaner,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@stinkmeaner - you got a lot of good ideas! (no sarcasm) - I do know some people that are familiar with electroplating, I'll see what they have to say.

@eonblue - Stinkmeaner is correct, input from Sovereignty but built by us. For what it's worth we use the same borosilicate as Sovereignty.

@lepstadder - it would be fairly easy to discern, if it drops, I think it would shatter or at least some parts would shatter. The cracks that you see from heat stress are much more minor and easier to distinguish.

It was just a thought, nothing is set in stone at this moment. Maybe one of Stinkmeaner's suggestions will work and this will all be a moot point. We have a device that shows where the stress points are in a piece of glass and with the new lower flame/even heating technique, the current VXR with 35 bowls behind it, is not showing any of the stress points that the initial beta model had.... I have a few friends visiting today, I'm hoping to get at least 15-20 more sessions in tonite...

stonemonkey55,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Either way its Schott glass and that is definetly worth the $. Electroplating huh...I would love to have a electroplated snic VXR.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in SM!

EonBlue,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
the current VXR with 35 bowls behind it, is not showing any of the stress points that the initial beta model had.... I have a few friends visiting today, I'm hoping to get at least 15-20 more sessions in tonite
Make sure nobody drops it or burns themselves. :lol:

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

Stonemonkey....Any chance on a Hydratube model without Ice Pinches? Or an option?

No big deal but I just don't really like the way they look, to me they take away from the look of a tube, I really like the way SG does the Splash Guard and no Ice Pinches on the Pillar, since I do not own one, can you tell me if the Splash Guard can hold ice cubes or atleast a small amount of crushed ice.

stinkmeaner,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So we did about 10 more bowls and the VXR is still looking good :D With the UFC this weekend, I should have plenty of people to give the VXR a good durability run.

@stinkmeaner - I tried emailing you but it bounced back. Send me an email at support@vapexhale.com - Can't make any promises but I can give it the good ole college try.

stonemonkey55,

stinkmeaner

That is cool that it is holding up, glass is a tricky beast but it is a wonderful substance.

On a side note, I cant wait for this fight, I don't think Velasquez will win but I think it will get interesting, Lesnar is much bigger but Velasquez kind of looks like a Spanish version of Lesnar, as in they both look Cro-Magnon with their square facial structure.

stinkmeaner,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stonemonkey55 said:
@Deepfried - I miss your Towlie avatar... I'm gonna need some back up to try and get to 540 heat cycles, I only added an addition 5 heat cycles yesterday...feel like such a slacker... ;)

I'm gonna try all the different suggestions to see if they help with the durability but right now I feel pretty good about the smaller flame/more even heat up technique... 35 bowls down, only 505 more to go

LOL, yeah got a warning about calling someone a towel, that took the fun out of it... so an avatar of my cat tattoo on my stomach it is!

As good as the VXR looks like it hits, I have a feeling most of your UFC guests will forget who is even fighting LOL.

DeepFried,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
That isnt actually tatooed on you is it? Im just high enough to almost take u seriously.

I like that you are working on the rain, Ive thought about getting this type of vape before but have held off for various resons. I like the idea of the metal plated heating area, if it can work. How does the vapour charger work? Just by reducing the amount of air that flows over the herb? Still waiting patiently for the release of the cloud.

I knew Cain would do it. Diego also looked amazing in his fight!

Mr. Smoke No More,

vapormonkey

Hello.

Will the cloud be air assisted or will the user pull air over a heating element like other vaporizers?

vapormonkey,

ShadowLink12

Activist
How did the UFC durability test go sm? I would love for the Rain to be fast tracked, as it would make the wait for the Cloud that much easier.

ShadowLink12,

max

Out to lunch
vapormonkey said:
Hello.

Will the cloud be air assisted or will the user pull air over a heating element like other vaporizers?
No pump or fan. It's only on bag fillers and a few digital whip models that you find forced air, and it's not very popular with direct draw. Most users don't want hot air pushing out vapor when they're not hitting, and I can't think of any analog, direct draw only vape that uses forced air.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom