Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

2clicker

Observer
stonemonkey55 said:
Thanks for all the recommendations!
@2clicker - I'm gonna buy a few of these and test them out.

Whatever we decide on, we want to make sure it keeps the Cloud and HydraTubes safe and protected.

glad to help.

and im interested to see what you think of the different brand/style cases. please share your findings on that.

ive got my eye on 1 or 2 of those HydraTubes as soon as they are available. by the way, what happens to the old beta HydraTubes... specifically the ones with the extruded GonG fitting on the bottom? id be especially interested in one of those. any chance that those are available...?

2clicker,

axakal

stonemonkey55 said:
stinkmeaner said:
axakal said:
@stonemonkey

just a question aside, how safe is my personal data in your pre-order data base?
it probably is, but i wanted to be sure.
thanks

I believe what they do to make sure you are safe is forward your information to your nearest police station and then sell your mailing and personal info to local businesses so shopping is more convenient for you. :lol:

All kidding aside, I think all members would agree that you should be 100% safe because you are not dealing with BigCorporate but instead a regular vapor user just like the rest of us, he has made numerous vaporizer videos personally so I for one would be more comfortable give my information to him than some big corporation.
If you are talking about hacking well I got news for you, if people can hack government websites then they can hack just about anything else, honestly though, what information would you give that is not already out there or that you haven't given somewhere before? He is not asking for SS numbers or your Pin #.

+1 -- We are only collecting information so that we can contact you when the Cloud is ready to ship. We don't plan on selling or using any of the data for anything other than that purpose.

@stinkeaner

strangest things happend with stolen data before. it's not even necessary to give out the ss number.

@stonemonkey
thanks for your answer. i wasn't worried about you guys, giving away personal information in exchange for money or running to the police, i just wanted to know, if there is a minimum of data protection mechanisms implemented on the site. of course, nobody can ever guarantee 100% safety. having a brother working in it, i've heard enough stories, on what is possible and what not. and he even isn't paranoid. :)

axakal,

max

Out to lunch
2clicker said:
by the way, what happens to the old beta HydraTubes... specifically the ones with the extruded GonG fitting on the bottom? id be especially interested in one of those. any chance that those are available...?
For questions like this a direct email would be better than a post.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
axakal said:
stonemonkey55 said:
stinkmeaner said:
I believe what they do to make sure you are safe is forward your information to your nearest police station and then sell your mailing and personal info to local businesses so shopping is more convenient for you. :lol:

All kidding aside, I think all members would agree that you should be 100% safe because you are not dealing with BigCorporate but instead a regular vapor user just like the rest of us, he has made numerous vaporizer videos personally so I for one would be more comfortable give my information to him than some big corporation.
If you are talking about hacking well I got news for you, if people can hack government websites then they can hack just about anything else, honestly though, what information would you give that is not already out there or that you haven't given somewhere before? He is not asking for SS numbers or your Pin #.

+1 -- We are only collecting information so that we can contact you when the Cloud is ready to ship. We don't plan on selling or using any of the data for anything other than that purpose.

@stinkeaner

strangest things happend with stolen data before. it's not even necessary to give out the ss number.

@stonemonkey
thanks for your answer. i wasn't worried about you guys, giving away personal information in exchange for money or running to the police, i just wanted to know, if there is a minimum of data protection mechanisms implemented on the site. of course, nobody can ever guarantee 100% safety. having a brother working in it, i've heard enough stories, on what is possible and what not. and he even isn't paranoid. :)

@axakal - Our website is safe and secure, I can get our webmaster to give me the technical specifics if that puts you at ease but we implemented the same type of security measures that would be considered "standard issue" for any ecommerce site.

@2clicker - The Vertigo Hydratubes will continue to have that type of joint versus the recessed joint. That is not to say he won't change it in the future but for now, he will be making his version of the HydraTubes with a protruding GonG joint.

stonemonkey55,

2clicker

Observer
max said:
2clicker said:
by the way, what happens to the old beta HydraTubes... specifically the ones with the extruded GonG fitting on the bottom? id be especially interested in one of those. any chance that those are available...?

why so?

its still very related to the Cloud

just curious

*EDIT*

Roger that

2clicker,

max

Out to lunch
2clicker said:
max said:
2clicker said:

why so?

its still very related to the Cloud

just curious
Seems like a question that few people are going to have an interest in, especially down the road when those few pieces are long gone. Many people complain about having to plow through huge threads, full of more or less off topic, chatty posts, while others who are/have caught up are happy to make it a big, conversational chat thread. The better a vape maker is at responding to questions on a thread, the more the thread gets used as a customer service link. If a member's question or issue is specific to their unit only, like 'where/how do I send my vape in for repair?', contacting the company via a forum post is not the way to go.

This problem certainly isn't restricted to this thread, but the good job that sm is doing here in responding to questions is a big reason why we currently have 1000+ posts in a thread for a vape that hasn't been released. Some other threads are worse, with 100-200+ pages to get through.

When the Cloud goes on sale, or gets to the point where a production version is ready, we'll start a new thread for it, and this one will go to ABV, where anyone interested can read the background info if they're willing to hunt for the posts that actually have pertinent info. Hopefully we'll be able to do a better job with the new thread, so that new members will have to read fewer pages to get their info. Knowing the popularity that this model will achieve, we may try something different with the new thread. We'll see.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Speaking of babies.... nothing makes me smile than looking at these little ones in the morning, baby Clouds growing up

;)

Inner%20casing.jpg

stonemonkey55,

stinkmeaner

Look at the little ones, how cute :lol:

I see two holes in the bottom of the enclosure, one I assume is the air inlet, but the other????

stinkmeaner,

bcleez

Looking forward to this, but like other people have said, please take your time!!!

bcleez,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
TGIF everyone! Hoping to have some videos of the next revision in the next couple of weeks :D

Also, stay tuned, we have another big announcement that we will drop within the same time frame.... same Monkey time, Monkey channel

stonemonkey55,

ShadowLink12

Activist
stonemonkey55 said:
TGIF everyone! Hoping to have some videos of the next revision in the next couple of weeks :D

Also, stay tuned, we have another big announcement that we will drop within the same time frame.... same Monkey time, Monkey channel

Can't wait! I hope it is pics of the gridded hydratree, I may have to change my order if it is amazing.

ShadowLink12,

max

Out to lunch
Hint- unless I'm way off track the big announcement should not change anyone's current Cloud plans.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have been using my VHW almost daily for the last two months, typically 2 to 3 bowls a day or more. I have been torture testing it, pushing it for all it is worth in anticipation of the Cloud being the coming thing. I hope this to be my always go to home vape, in all situation where being conservative is not an issue. Maybe then, my VHW will be resting fully.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@2clicker - your wish is my command...

here is the non-technical version of the update because PowerNerd3000 is too busy tweaking and tuning the Cloud heating algorithm.

The new Cloud enclosures look great! The outer heat shield will need some minor modifications but will not require a new mold (thank god because if it did, Robot would be throwing a tantrum about procuring our 5th mold for the enclosure).

I have also spent some additional time with Sovereignty to pick his brain on some glass concepts which could produce some exciting new direction for VXL (VapeXhaLe shortened, not be confused with VXC) - while PowerNerd messes with the electrical and mechanical side of things, I get to play with more glass :D -- Glass has got to be one of the most interesting materials that man has had the pleasure of working with.

hmmm, what else, what else? Seems like I am missing something here... I guess on a personal note, as a vapor enthusiast, it is very exciting to see some new models hitting the market. The Lotus, the Oracle, the LSV are all steps in the right direction and it definitely shows that our industry in maturing. I look forward to seeing reviews and feedback on these units, as a matter of fact, can't wait to try them out myself!

stonemonkey55,

2clicker

Observer
stonemonkey55 said:
@2clicker - your wish is my command...

wow its that easy huh? in that case please send 1 of each HydraTube to my house. ill PM you the address... :lol:

for real though... whats this new glass about? inquiring minds want to know...

im really starting to form a want for more glass... lots and lots of new glass... :brow:

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
as a vapor enthusiast, it is very exciting to see some new models hitting the market. The Lotus, the Oracle, the LSV are all steps in the right direction and it definitely shows that our industry in maturing. I look forward to seeing reviews and feedback on these units, as a matter of fact, can't wait to try them out myself!
Let's face it SM, you're destined to become the Mark Zuckerberg of vaporizers! ;)

Pappy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom