Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

Out to lunch
ioright said:
So I bought A Q a few months ago thinking it would be the be all to end all vapes.

Yup, that was going to be my final purchase. Turns out I can't keep my eye off of this thing! Can anyone give me a quick run down of what the differences between the tubes are, or direct me to where this was probably already discussed? I am a bit of a glass noob, but I am eager to learn :brow:
Several posts on p. 27 discuss the differences. You really should read the whole thread. It's fairly easy to tell the 'info' posts from the ones where the posters are just drooling. :drool: ;)

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I had a question regarding the release of the VXC.... not the date when it is coming out, but when the product ships, will there be shipping costs covered by the customer, or you shipping them out free?

DevoTheStrange,

He-Man

Prince
oooouuu yea, i want to know that too, shipping costs from USA to EU are usually insane.
I got charged 180$ shipping from USA to Cro for airgun that i paid 320$ :ninja:

He-Man,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Sorry for the lack of update, we have been in the lab working on getting our vaporizer primed for launch.

Just to quickly answer a few questions...

@Devo - The introductory price does not include S&H.

@He-Man - Don't worry, our international shipping charges will be no where near what you paid for the airgun. We are currently in talks with a European distributor for our Euro model.

est price of HydraTubes - $175 for in house, $200+ for branded

stonemonkey55,

stinkmeaner

He-Man said:
oooouuu yea, i want to know that too, shipping costs from USA to EU are usually insane.
I got charged 180$ shipping from USA to Cro for airgun that i paid 320$ :ninja:
Wow that is a lot of cash for shipping, any reason you didn't choose one from a neighboring European country? It seems like the top models people like are brands in Europe anyway.

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
Sorry for the lack of update, we have been in the lab working on getting our vaporizer primed for launch.

Just to quickly answer a few questions...

@Devo - The introductory price does not include S&H.

@He-Man - Don't worry, our international shipping charges will be no where near what you paid for the airgun. We are currently in talks with a European distributor for our Euro model.

est price of HydraTubes - $175 for in house, $200+ for branded
How would I adapt my Q to the tube, with a whip?

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

Pappy said:

Since the pictures show the heating port of the VapeXhale Cloud to have a male GonG fitting which is the same as the Extreme Q, I would imagine as long as the GonG size is the same then you would just have to have both the Hydratube and the Cloud's bowl. I think I am right but the Monkeyman will confirm when he sees this post.

See this picture:
Slide1.jpg

stinkmeaner,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
i didnt even think of that.... hmmmm i wouldn't be surprised if some extreme users may want a hydrotree just for that purpose alone... Very interesting concept.

IAmKrazy2,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
Did I say that I WANT this yet?!?

I'm going to just freeze myself for a few months in the hope that it will be here when someone thaws me out. Wait.... what?

Quick question about the pre-order - Should we be getting any kind of confirmation email? I haven't seen anything.

mongorian,

Pappy

shmaporist
stinkmeaner said:
Pappy said:

Since the pictures show the heating port of the VapeXhale Cloud to have a male GonG fitting which is the same as the Extreme Q, I would imagine as long as the GonG size is the same then you would just have to have both the Hydratube and the Cloud's bowl. I think I am right but the Monkeyman will confirm when he sees this post.

See this picture:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_kpEL0aDZlUg/S95HHzIjAEI/AAAAAAAAECE/oZn941Glbg4/s640/Slide1.jpg
Thanks, stink! Very enlightening!

Pappy,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Pappy, if it does work, i wouldn't rest the weight of the hydra tree with water on top of your E, i would assume it would have a good chance in breaking. Forced air hits through a hydratube might work, or might cause a wet mess.

IAmKrazy2,

Pappy

shmaporist
IAmKrazy2 said:
Pappy, if it does work, i wouldn't rest the weight of the hydra tree with water on top of your E, i would assume it would have a good chance in breaking. Forced air hits through a hydratube might work, or might cause a wet mess.
That's one of the issues I'm wrestling with. I'm trying to envision how this will work in my environment and what kind of adaptation it will require. Of course stability is a major concern.

Pappy,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Cool, thanks SM55, good to know S&H not included in price... just got to save up a tiny bit more now. I am sure by the time it comes out I will have more than enough saved for my pre-order

DevoTheStrange,

stinkmeaner

IAmKrazy2 said:
That is a good point with the Extreme because is wasn't designed to take the weight of a glass bong riding piggy back but I have an idea that might work to relieve some weight.

First pick a Hydratube with a recessed GonG joint so that you have a nice even flat bottom.

Now you will need a SPACER, cut a ring from wood, heat resistant foam, or just anything you can manage. Design this ring with a circumference relevant to the top of your Extreme & Hydratube and with make it a height so it will sit on top of the Extreme and tall enough to balance the attached Hydratube, maybe you can use some of the little stick on rubber pads that go under chair legs, use them for grip and cushion.

I hope that was understandable in words as it is in my brain, it would be better described in CAD.

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
stinkmeaner said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
That is a good point with the Extreme because is wasn't designed to take the weight of a glass bong riding piggy back but I have an idea that might work to relieve some weight.

First pick a Hydratube with a recessed GonG joint so that you have a nice even flat bottom.

Now you will need a SPACER, cut a ring from wood, heat resistant foam, or just anything you can manage. Design this ring with a circumference relevant to the top of your Extreme & Hydratube and with make it a height so it will sit on top of the Extreme and tall enough to balance the attached Hydratube, maybe you can use some of the little stick on rubber pads that go under chair legs, use them for grip and cushion.

I hope that was understandable in words as it is in my brain, it would be better described in CAD.
The more I think about it, it's putting a square peg in a round hole. For $150 more I'll get the benefit of Monk and his engineer's hard work and expertise. In the meantime I'm close to closing a deal with SoulShineFamilyGlass for a 18" beaker for my Q, my first bong. Gonna pimp it out with my initials, too! :p

Pappy,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
If you do try forced air through the hydra tree/Extreme Q i would do it via a whip and glass attachment first, so if water comes spilling out, it wont be into the heating element of your Q. But, if water doesn't come pouring out, it might work for forced air. Lords knows i'll at least try it. That said, with such a large (diameter) vapor path in the Q, i would not expect it to work very well at producing thick hits like the VXC.

IAmKrazy2,

wolf torn

Don't know why anyone would think of spending $200 on glass

when u can get the whole freakin thing for 150 more

wolf torn,

stinkmeaner

From the Videos of the Cloud it seems to offer Superior heat retention and most on here mention that the Extremes are better in bag mode.

On the 'forced air' it should work physically, but I will mention that when you hook a bong up to a forced air vape the vapor comes out really thin and FAST and if you try and cover the end of the Hydratube to let vapor build up thicker on the Extreme in Fan Mode, it might be possible to create back pressure and send water into the Extreme. Does that make sense.

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
stinkmeaner said:
From the Videos of the Cloud it seems to offer Superior heat retention and most on here mention that the Extremes are better in bag mode.

On the 'forced air' it should work physically, but I will mention that when you hook a bong up to a forced air vape the vapor comes out really thin and FAST and if you try and cover the end of the Hydratube to let vapor build up thicker on the Extreme in Fan Mode, it might be possible to create back pressure and send water into the Extreme. Does that make sense.
l state this publicly. Having thought it through I advise everyone to buy the dedicated VapeXhale Cloud unit. I'll go one step further and advise Monk to keep it proprietary. The last think this product needs is complications upon launch. Put the Hydratube sales off for at least 6 months, SM. ;)

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
stinkmeaner said:
...and most on here mention that the Extremes are better in bag mode.
Bags? Passe! The Q is a killer whip vape, make no mistake! I can state that as a Da Buddha aficionado. :D

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

Yeah I will also say that I think the Cloud will be a better option considering I have already mentioned in other threads that the Extreme's airpath goes through all of the electronics, PCB's, wires, and plastics. The believe Stonemonkey and the rest of the VapeXhale crew have designed the Cloud more from an enthusiast point of view with the consumers interest in mind and an evolution in design.

stinkmeaner,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stinkmeaner said:

I find the fan on my Extreme is way too weak to push air through water, actually it can barely expand a sticky bag. My Extreme on fan speed 3 cannot create even a single bubble connected to a small 100ml Ehle tube with the diffused slide!

DeepFried,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
Consider me a proud owner of the cloud. I put myself down for a gridded hydratree. I feel like I should have been patient for this to come out instead of getting the Q. Oh well, chalk it up to a lesson learnt.

ioright,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom