Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@nickzzzx - I like your MacGyver abilities! You are absolutely correct, while you will get bigger hits with this method, you will find that your bowl doesn't last as long. There have been many techniques discussed to improve efficiency in this area. Most people either hold their hit in longer, or exhale a portion of the vapor, then breathe in fresh air, then exhale some more vapor, and repeat until you have exhaled everything.

I saw this bad boy before it was shipped off to Aqua Labs - it is a Sovereignty/King Collabo!

6547d1281861884-sovereignty-glass-aqua-lab-tech-sov_2010-08-09-118-edit.jpg

6560d1281986113-sovereignty-glass-aqua-lab-tech-sov_2010-08-09-115.jpg

6564d1281986113-sovereignty-glass-aqua-lab-tech-sov_2010-08-09-114.jpg

6563d1281986113-sovereignty-glass-aqua-lab-tech-sov_2010-08-09-111.jpg

6566d1281986113-sovereignty-glass-aqua-lab-tech-sov_2010-08-09-98.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Willeh

I got my preorder in for the sgw showerdome :brow:. I wanted to make sure I could fit my tube and the cloud in a small case. I was absolutely torn between the supreme and this. I have gone through many vaporizers now (hotplate, extreme, box vape, vaporgenie, and still have 2 purple days), and am hoping this to be my one true love. The restricted airflow on the purpledays is too much for me to comfortably use water filtration in my large tube, I find myself getting light headed half way through a hit and inhaling some air to take a break. I chose this over the supreme because of the all glass airpath, the computer controlling the temperature, the ergonomics of not dealing with a torch and butane, and the value for what you get. It seemed like getting a stone glass hydratube and vaporizer as a complete package for what I paid my extreme when I bought it is a great deal, where as 200$ without shipping for a piece of wood with a aluminum block on it and a thermomter (Id guess around 30$ of parts... I doubt you could convince me otherwise) seemed very steep. Ill probably end up getting a pelican case for it and a power inverter and using it on the road here and there too, to close the gap where I would of used the supreme, though I rarely vape out and about anyway.

My only concern left is my absent minded friends around the glass :lol:
Hopefully the heater cover is made of really strong glass, unlike the extremes. I still have a broken extreme gathering dust. My girlfriend broke the heater cover once yanking it off a coffee table onto carpet, and even the small one and a half foot fall was enough to crack the heater cover. She claims it landed upright too! I had another friend grab the whip too hard (he did not judge his distance correctly) and pressure caused it to snap in half. The last straw was when my cat knocked it off my coffee table onto carpet and it broke again the same way, and I just gave up on the damn thing. I think that because you remove the hydratube between hits it wont be too much of a concern, but will it be replaceable 'just in case'?

Willeh,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow! That glasswork is so beautiful!! So intricate it is mesmerizing!

Lo,

hydrophilic

Wow, that is some amazing work, the linework is honestly among the cleanest I have EVER seen, up there with the likes of Opas, J Lee, Deppe, Jake C. Unique style too, almost sort of similar to some of the slides Dosher puts out but way sicker. SM55: you know what the style of linework is called on the shield of the stem/12? It's like a retti but not.

hydrophilic,

axakal

this looks amazing! how much would be the shipping to europe or do you guys even allready have a distributor in europe. hate thoose taxes. :)

axakal,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@willeh - The glass piece in the center will be replaceable but until we get the final enclosure and play around with the insulation, I'm not too sure if this is something the consumer can do, or if it is something VapeXhale will have to service. I'll have more info in a few weeks when we get the final enclosure.

@hydrophilic - It's called the graal technique, taking a random design and repeating it over and over. Fumed, sandblasted, then firepolished!

@axakel - The initial model will be a US based model that can be used with a converter. We are willing to ship to Europe as long as you know you will need to use a power converter for the voltage. We are speaking with several European distributors currently, we will announce who our partners will be worldwide.

edited - to show correct terminology, changed from "power inverter" to "power converter"

stonemonkey55,

axakal

what exactly is a power converter? it sounds more complicated than a simple plug adapter.

axakal,

Willeh

Axakal, A power inverter is pretty much what it is. It converts direct current into alternating current using a coil or something (I'm no scientist), usually a small box shaped plug adaptor you simply plug in both ends. You'd use it to change direct current from a car battery to alternating current, or for different countries that use different power standards it can change the AC to DC or vice versa.

Willeh,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Yeah, that's a power inverter (DC to AC), but what the Euro-Zone needs is a 120V/60Hz AC (USA) to 220v/50Hz AC (EURO) -- that's what a converter does.

However, most power supplies in USA these days are "universal" with an input of 120v-220v/50Hz-60Hz, and, like in the Beatle's movie "Help", you need a plug that matches the wall socket in whatever zone you live in.

Hippie Dickie,

nickzzzx

These hydratubes can be pretty versatile...
You could connect something like this (http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/sgw-18-mm-male-to-18-mm-female-45-adapter.html) to the joint of a hydratube and connect an oil bell or an oil dome to that 'connector' piece. I think you guys could easily make some kind of U shaped GonG joint connector to allow the hydratube to be used with a oil dome/bell. Adding a 'foot' to the connector right under the hydratube would allow the user to set it down too.

nickzzzx,

hydrophilic

Hell ya, my plan is to ask a blower to make an C curve thing with a big sturdy base, that will turn the hydtatube into a stemless to 10 arm basically. Then I'll be able to put curves and domes on it as well. Plus I plan on eventually buying more hydratubes so I'll always have one connected to the cloud.

hydrophilic,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Both excellent ideass! I think it would be easy to convert a HydraTube into a musket with the appropriate stand. Back to the drawing board to sketch out some ideas :ninja:

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@He-Man - soon my friend, very soon! Sovereignty has been slammed ever since he got back from the AGE show a couple of weeks ago. We had a delay on the next revision of our enclosure so instead of the end of this month, we should get it first or second week of September.

Once I revive the enclosure, I'll do the SG HydraTube justice with a sick video.

In other news:

We had a great meeting with one of our partners that will be helping us with the heat containment issue. Once we are ready to launch, I'll give you some of the specifics of this interesting material that we are using.

alright fellas, back to work for me.

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
My interest is piqued! After viewing the video the words "fragile" and "expensive" come to mind. Good luck bringing this to market.

Pappy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
pappy - I am glad we piqued your interest! Maybe one day, it can make it into your Vapor Family shot!

Price without an HydraTube will be inline with the Extreme/SSV/Zephyrs of the world and for the launch, we are offering a special price of 350 and it comes with a HydraTube from either SGW or VG. If you check AquaLabs, one of their simple pieces go for 250+ so we are hoping people see the value we are bringing to the table.

From a durability perspective, our unit should be as strong as an EQ or SSV. All of our designs have glass in the middle so there is always that chance of dropping the unit and having the glass crack but it is something that can be replaced. We don't see the VapeXhale Cloud as being a "newb" vape, more of one for the connoisseurs. As with anything, a little education to the people using it, will ensure that your unit remains in tip top vapor shape.

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
pappy - I am glad we piqued your interest! Maybe one day, it can make it into your Vapor Family shot!

Price without an HydraTube will be inline with the Extreme/SSV/Zephyrs of the world and for the launch, we are offering a special price of 350 and it comes with a HydraTube from either SGW or VG. If you check AquaLabs, one of their simple pieces go for 250+ so we are hoping people see the value we are bringing to the table.

From a durability perspective, our unit should be as strong as an EQ or SSV. All of our designs have glass in the middle so there is always that chance of dropping the unit and having the glass crack but it is something that can be replaced. We don't see the VapeXhale Cloud as being a "newb" vape, more of one for the connoisseurs. As with anything, a little education to the people using it, will ensure that your unit remains in tip top vapor shape.
Considering its pedigree and materials and the research and engineering that went into it I will certainly consider adding to my collection. Maybe I missed it but what is the ETA of launch?

Pappy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Pappy - ETA on the unit is a bit hazy at this moment. If our latest enclosure works out, then we estimate another 6-8 weeks of testing, tweaking the heating algorithm, and building all of our launch units. Our engineer, PowerNerd3000, warned me that development would take longer than I anticipated but being the eager beaver I am, I kind of jumped the gun.

The funny thing is, we got the first 90% done REALLY QUICKLY, but this last 10% has been very painful but also a valuable learning experience. This extra time to tweak and fine tune the smaller details will ultimately pay dividends when we do launch.

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
Pappy - ETA on the unit is a bit hazy at this moment. If our latest enclosure works out, then we estimate another 6-8 weeks of testing, tweaking the heating algorithm, and building all of our launch units. Our engineer, PowerNerd3000, warned me that development would take longer than I anticipated but being the eager beaver I am, I kind of jumped the gun.

The funny thing is, we got the first 90% done REALLY QUICKLY, but this last 10% has been very painful but also a valuable learning experience. This extra time to tweak and fine tune the smaller details will ultimately pay dividends when we do launch.
Just happen to jot this down yesterday regarding my own project.
"SWEAT THE DETAILS"
I'm sure the rave reviews will be worth waiting for. :D

Pappy,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Sweat the details, I like that! It so true tho, if you think about the iPod versus the Zune or any other Apple versus XYZ competitor, I truly believe it is the minor details that Apple seems to always get so right even if their product might be inferior if you do a feature to feature comparison.

In other news, here are some new HydraTubes created at the newly formed VapeXhale glass manufacturing plant. =D

IMG_3.jpg

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

stonemonkey55,

george

ughh just those tubes make me want one so much :ko:

edit: You guys should consider a "budget package", 350 is alot of money, i'd love to buy this vaporizer with a cheaper, not as elaborate tube. Maybe thinner glass and a simpler perc....

george,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom