Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickzzzx

Gatsby T Pig said:
I have been following this product since mid-March. I also signed up for the email but they stopped a while ago. I read somewhere that the emails were bouncing but I never bothered to send in my email again. Like many other people I did not 'friend' the VXC facebook page for numerous reasons. As I have watched this vape, the more information that has been released the more excited I have become. I watched the three videos, checked out the website and have mostly read through the discussions here.

I went on a few trips in the last couple months and have been trying to stay abreast of the information. I only have two questions. I am almost positive someone else has asked the first one, I just can't find it... so, sorry in advance.

How do you clear the tube? I know there is no slide and I can see the vapor suddenly release as if there is a carb on the enclosure.(like I said, sorry)

Did the prices for preorder go up? I am still intending to purchase one of these models but I could have sworn they were less before my trips.

If these things are available in early September the timing will be perfect. I have some vacation coming to me and in an odd coincidence my family will be leaving on my birthday. It will just be me, my dog and the VXC making sexy time.
You clear it by disconnecting the Cloud from the hydratube. They use male and female glass on glass connecting joints, similar to how a glass bowl fits into a glass downstem on many bongs. So you basically clear the tube by firmly holding the Cloud in one hand and firmly turn the hydratube with your other hand to release the GonG connection. Do I have this right, SM55? I love the simplicity of it, just like a bong, without the nasty lighter and smoke.

SM55, I have a question. I know you said earlier in the thread that the Cloud can vaporize solid hash but you said it doesn't do it exceptionally, similar to the vriptech heat wand. Do you think the Cloud could do hash oil (BHO)? With the temp knob, I think it's possible, but one would need to either use a piece of a cotton ball on top of the screen or a thin layer of ground buds (seen it recommended in another thread) to keep the oil from dripping through the screen and ruining it. A big plus that the Cloud has over my Da Buddha and other vapes is that it has greater heat retention, allowing for continuous vaporization at the intended temperature, which in theory sounds advantageous to vaping oils and solid hashes. I'm glad you guys chose to remove the temperature limiter, this could be helpful for oils because I know that they require a higher temp to fully vaporize compared to ground buds, but this all speculation and we won't truly know how well it performs with hashes until someone gives it a proper testing. (which is soon :D!)

nickzzzx,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
You could probably use a steel or titanium mesh like the hash pad that comes with the volcano for hash

bluntfaced,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@Gatsby T Pig - the other FC members are absolutely correct, you just lift the HydraTube off of the Cloud to clear. The bowl with stay on the Cloud while you quickly clear your HydraTube. I find when I use the Cloud, instead of pulling the HydraTube up and off the Cloud, I usually pull the Cloud down away from the HydraTube. Just my own personal preference, it works either way.

@nickzzzx - I don't think any of the current crop of vaporizers do BHO very well. The temperature has to be significantly higher to get the same type of effect as an oil rig. I've spoken with Sovereignty about this idea and he has agreed to help with development of an oil vaporizer. First things first though, need to focus on the Cloud.

stonemonkey55,

Raf007

Retailer
So when you pull the Cloud down is there some vapor relased in the air ? like we can see in the videos you posted earlier when you take the whip off some vapor escapes between your hits ?
Or can you do like w. a regular one hit bong or with the SV - no vapor escapes?
Coz that would be the only little default I could see, first for the smell and second for the little loss.

Raf007,

hydrophilic

You could just keep pulling a little while you take the tube off the cloud, I'm sure that would create enough suction and vapor wouldn't escape, especially if the bowl is attached to the tube when it comes off the cloud.

hydrophilic,

stinkmeaner

Raf007 said:
So when you pull the Cloud down is there some vapor relased in the air ? like we can see in the videos you posted earlier when you take the whip off some vapor escapes between your hits ?
Or can you do like w. a regular one hit bong or with the SV - no vapor escapes?
Coz that would be the only little default I could see, first for the smell and second for the little loss.
Why are you worried about vapor loss? Vapor escapes every time you exhale your hit, do you really think your lungs actually absorb anywhere close to the full THC content of your hit? It is probably less than 10-20%, that big cloud that you exhale is all vapor and even if there isn't a big cloud, there is still THC present.

The only way to control a significant amount of vapor loss would be to exhale into a bag and re-inhale over and over again until it is just air. I am really surprised that the really conservative people do not do this, if you need to medicate with the least amount possible, this would be the way to go.

stinkmeaner,

Raf007

Retailer
Stinkmeaner :p
You're absolutly right but I, personnaly, and it's only a matter of subjetiv preferences, don't like to see un-inhaled vapor escape from a vape :D not trying to be "conservative", only my taste as an ex-one hit bonger.

Raf007,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@raf007 - I didn't know what you were talking about until I re-watched the video. The reason you see vapor escaping from the whip is because the Cloud is sitting on what I can only describe as something that looks like a coaster but with a fan built into it in order to keep the enclosure from getting to hot. The air that is traveling thru the middle of the Cloud is pushing vapor through the whip unassisted. If the Cloud were not sitting on the fan, then it would act no different than any other "vapor on demand" type system.

stonemonkey55,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
For the record i love vapin BHO in my extreme and imagine the Cloud should be equally good. Sure its not a huge one hit oil bell, but can get some tasty vape for days on just one drop.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Ya...but not here. Check the extreme/EQ threads. basically make a little weed:BHO:weed sandwitch, or just fill the cyclone with herb and but a drop on top

Mr. Smoke No More,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I've done that with my extreme too, with kief and bubble hash and the problem I see is that the bud gets cached out way quicker and the resin is still vaping but it tastes like duff for the rest of the session. I've never tried it but I think a 1-2 cm thick steel or titanium mesh that holds the oil would solve the problem of having it drip down while not effecting the taste.

bluntfaced,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
If you want to vape oil (without herbs) in the cloud, google "glass micro beads" (tiny glass balls).

Fill the bowl with these and put the oils on top (smaller beads mean you can use more oil with less drip potential).

side note: Stonemonkey55, George Wesley and the Irierations' "get off of my cloud" would make great background music for your next cloud video. :D (I wish I could find a link, but could not)

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Prog - good to hear from you... I hope you had a good trip out to the west the last time you were out here. Sorry I couldn't meet up, between traveling, getting the Cloud ready, and a pregnant wife, time is something that I don't have much of these days.

...quick update - we had to make some minor tweaks to the last enclosure to better isolate the electronics, should be able to resolve this quickly and get another sample sent within a week or two. We're starting to see the finish line!

stonemonkey55,

lepstadder

Congrats on the news of the lil monkey!!

Your introducing a few new things to the world this year huh?

lepstadder,

Buzzby

Is there any way that the Vapexhale can mate with Vriptech WT and bowl? I'm very attached to my VWT, but I'd like to have something that could do as good a job as the Vriptech HW without being so fragile and prototype-looking/feeling.

Buzzby,

george

I've been lookin for an answer to this and couldnt find it. When you plug the Cloud in, how long till you can start vaping? Whats the warm-up time?

george,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@jimbo and lepstadder - thanks for the well wishes, 2010 is definitely a very exciting year for us. Lot's of new things coming out, we're gonna have our hands full.

@buzzby - the VapeXhale Cloud will easily integrate with the VWT and or any other water tool for that matter. We do recommend using the inline, integrated design with the HydraTubes but the Cloud will perform amicably with any other water tool.

stonemonkey55,

george

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
hi george about 2 min stone monkey posted just page or 2 ago :rolleyes:
haha i've just been searching the thread and i found it! thanks

george,

Scythe1

I was hellbent on getting the extreme q but after taking a look at the cloud, I completely changed my mind. It has the healthy benefits of vaping with the smooth taste from glass. Looking forward to launch stonemonkey, your product and advertising were enough to steal my attention away from just about any other piece of paraphernalia. Cheers

Scythe1,

nickzzzx

I can't wait for the Cloud to be in my hands!

Last night I constructed a water filter out of a plastic bottle to hook up to my Da Buddha vape. Although it's not diffused and there was too much drag, it still hit like a champ and allowed me to take bigger hits than what I normally would from the dry whip. I think using a high quality bong is the ultimate way to enjoy cannabis, and combining that with vapor is just the best thing ever. I'm so stoked to test this thing out.
One thing I did notice was that it vaporized the green very quickly, giving me huge moist hits with a huge stone (not possible with my mflb), but causing the bowl to run out quick.

nickzzzx,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom