Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

darkrom

Great Scott!
For me the SS elbs taste just fine, but there is a better material, titanium. Titanium elbs would be more durable, better flavor that some may or may not notice at all, and also you can clean them with a torch. Just torch it until it is glowing red, allow it to cool and tada brand spankin new.

clouded vision

ALT has them for $6a piece. I think it would be difficult or cost prohibitive to make the same mesh size ELB out of ti but you could make it out of a screen though. the only problem I see is it would let more particles fall through into the bamboo

I love jumping into threads in the middle of a conversation. I actually got my vxc+2 weeks ago but haven't had much of a chance to use it because my new job interview keeps getting pushed back so my break from MJ keeps getting extended.

Yea I didn't taste the ELB either. I think the only other ELB they will make will be a glass one. But I think even that will have issues with how many holes and how big they will be. I think they will be sticking with the original ELB. I have only heard of one person saying they could taste it and that was when the unit was at max for quite some time and I didn't believe them then either lol

VapeNStone,

mattrb

I just got the most Sexual innuendo'd email from VXH. In a nuanced way they said they can't do White EVO because once you go black you never go back. For real though they said that high heat discolored the white plastic.

mattrb,

vapemode

Titanium is known for being a bit brittle (not bending well) I read that if you bend your titanium dabber trying to bend it back can snap it, so a SS elb might actually be the more durable choice :2c:

I bought an expensive Titanium Space Case grinder a few months ago. Damned if it didn't start getting chipped up into the weed. As someone slightly OCD about metals and toxins / particles, this bummed me out and I had to replace the grinder. In researching a better material, other's noticed this chipping from titanium and it looked like stainless steel would be the best choice in material if you wanted to use a metal (though no one is making grinders out of SS.) I ended up going with an anodized aluminum santa cruz shredder. After this, I find Ti slightly sketchy.

Glass would be cool though. I feel like SS would outperform it in terms of efficiency, but, I'd be curious to see just how it compares. I could put up with a slight loss in efficiency with a trade for all-glass.

vapemode,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I agree - Ti does not react well to extreme heat as far as holing it's color. Look at the any Ti nail out there after being heated a few times and you'll see what I mean.

20131018_164254_zps1b3dc84a.jpg

And NO - I don't Dab and drive.

11eleven11

I bought an expensive Titanium Space Case grinder a few months ago. Damned if it didn't start getting chipped up into the weed. As someone slightly OCD about metals and toxins / particles, this bummed me out and I had to replace the grinder. In researching a better material, other's noticed this chipping from titanium and it looked like stainless steel would be the best choice in material if you wanted to use a metal (though no one is making grinders out of SS.) I ended up going with an anodized aluminum santa cruz shredder. After this, I find Ti slightly sketchy.

Glass would be cool though. I feel like SS would outperform it in terms of efficiency, but, I'd be curious to see just how it compares. I could put up with a slight loss in efficiency with a trade for all-glass.

How did you see it chipped into the weed? Was it plainly visible or did you use a magnifying glass? Or were the teeth looking degraded? If aluminum gets chipped into your weed, wouldn't that be even worse, presumably?

Also, I am unsure if we are reaching high enough temperatures to leech chemicals, but I am also a health nut hypochondriac like you and I worry about the same things, so I get where you're coming from.

vapemode

How did you see it chipped into the weed? Was it plainly visible or did you use a magnifying glass? Or were the teeth looking degraded? If aluminum gets chipped into your weed, wouldn't that be even worse, presumably?

Also, I am unsure if we are reaching high enough temperatures to leech chemicals, but I am also a health nut hypochondriac like you and I worry about the same things, so I get where you're coming from.

I did not ever see it in the weed, it's a jungle in there. It was just a bit of material missing around the edges of the teeth that would rub against the weed that came off sometime during the 3-5 grind sessions a day I was putting it through. I can only assume that it made its way into the ground herb, as it didn't just disappear into thin air. I could probably get it and take a pic, but, it's basically just an ever so slight chipping of the edges. (most smokers might not even care.)

Eh, I'll get a pic. Here it is -- exhibit A.

For comparison, this is my other grinder that isn't titanium -- exhibit B.

Last edited:

King

Accessory Maker

The titanium Space Case isn't made out of solid titanium, its made out of aluminum like their other grinders. The difference between the two is that the titanium models are anodized (which the "original" versions are not) and have titanium oxide additives added to the anodizing process to achieve a harder coating than anodized aluminum without additives. For those not in the know, anodizing is a common method of not only coloring metals, but also adding a hard and durable outer coating.

Long story short, the anodized finish is what is probably chipping off. There are a few different ways of anodizing metal and some methods adhere better than others.

treeman

I switched to black, obviously, I'd be surprised if that was a deal-breaker for anyone. I did like the idea of a white one but I'm equally pleased to get a black one, I had a really hard time deciding.
Part of me would kinda' like a white one that decoloured the way that enclosure did earlier on. I quite like the idea of having something that looks quite shitty but packs a serious punch.

StonedMMA

Part of me would kinda' like a white one that decoloured the way that enclosure did earlier on. I quite like the idea of having something that looks quite shitty but packs a serious punch.

Sounds like you want an old cloud with a silicone sleeve.

Mine has picked up so much random dust and particles along with all the random bubbles of air. It looks quite shitty but packs a punch.

lscalzo

Madferret
Has anyone posted the official email they received for why white evo cannot be produced? I ordered the black and wouldn't get the email, but I would love to read what they sent out thou.

lscalzo,
Top Bottom