Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Tweek

^^This

A little fan makes a BIG difference. Best $9 drug store purchase I've ever made.

I turn my Cloud on remotely when I leave work, so it's all ready for me when I get home. It is the last thing I turn off at night. On weekends it's on t-dub mode. If I'm awake, it's on.

:peace:

That's hardcore.

Mrmrmrmr

How essential is a fan for cooling ? Mine runs at 3 o'clock regularly and I'm definitely wanting to keep it as long as possible

Mrmrmrmr,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I leave mine on 24/7, but keep a small fan trained on it too keep it cool to the touch. Keeps heat buildup from affecting the life of the units as well
How do you keep it going 24/7 with the auto off feature?

Edit: WeMo?

Madcap79,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I just power cycle mine all the time. I can attest the main switch is very durable. As for the fan, its true, but I use my ceiling fan. If I turn it off the Cloud is definitely slightly hotter to the touch. But I am a fresh air fiend and always have air "moving" in the house.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
In regards to Ti ELBS... Ti is an incredibly hard, dense metal. The high cost is related, not to the value of the mineral itself, but to the high cost of machining it. It takes specialized equipment.

It works best as a chunk of metal, such as a bolt, a nut, a nail, a beam... I'm having a hard time envisioning Ti wire woven into an ELB. Yes, it would be great, but damn, it would be incredibly expensive to even begin to produce those, IMO.

Glass ELB sounds good, except - where does the air flow start? does this glass ELB have holes in it? If it is, in some way, "woven" with air spaces, or pierced, or somehow other designed with air intake, which won't clog in use, that would be sweet. :)

wootze

In regards to Ti ELBS... Ti is an incredibly hard, dense metal. The high cost is related, not to the value of the mineral itself, but to the high cost of machining it. It takes specialized equipment.

It works best as a chunk of metal, such as a bolt, a nut, a nail, a beam... I'm having a hard time envisioning Ti wire woven into an ELB. Yes, it would be great, but damn, it would be incredibly expensive to even begin to produce those, IMO.

Glass ELB sounds good, except - where does the air flow start? does this glass ELB have holes in it? If it is, in some way, "woven" with air spaces, or pierced, or somehow other designed with air intake, which won't clog in use, that would be sweet. :)

How about fritted at both ends, somehow? Or tiny honeycomb?
I've never noticed any taste issues with the SS, though.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
IMO, heat related failures, if that's what they are, are caused by heating and cooling cycles...expansion, contraction, etc. Heat along, I don't think is doing it. My reasoning, is that my Cloud has spent the majority of its life on 24/7, or near 24/7 (from ~4am -~midnight when not on 24/7) and it has had no issues. Also, I very rarely until recently have used a fan to cool my unit. Look at my old posts here, if you don't remember, and you'll see that I was a huge PITA bitching about how hot my Cloud got. I love it, it's practically all I use, but shit, it gets/got hot...Now, I keep air moving in the room al-a-T-dub, or a fan pointed at it as per Stu's recommendation, but before doing so, even silicone wristbands didn't do a whole lot to help.

So, I think if heat alone were the culprit, we would have seen my Cloud, along with some of the other dedicated 24/7 users units die already.

As to why I leave mine at the ready, all the time...My medical condition, and lifestyle, is too unpredictable to wait around for warm ups, etc. If I wake up nauseous, find myself with only a few minutes to come home from work and eat, the Cloud being on and ready is my saving grace. Before it in conjunction with the WeMo, I don't know how many times I suffered, or combusted, before getting relief because my vape wasn't ready to provide it.

So, here's to VXL having fixed all of those issues with the new model! :rockon: But at the same time, making a unit that kicks enough ass to be worth keeping despite said issues! :bowdown::luv: :nod:

Top Bottom