Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

11eleven11

No hard feelings at all was mearly fun ribbing . were a!ll a community here. fc is like a s@econd home. just beta test nice and quick for us.lol. im in the camp of a broken cloud so i guess im bias.lol. in my case though( not looking for sympathy) the cloud controlled my ms symptoms, something no other vaoe could with such ease. now as my symptoms creap back my ass will be sitting on the porch shaking, waiting for that evo.lol i celebrate your fanatacism.lol. all good bro i hadnt medicated yet.lol

Wait so are you a fanatic or not? 1 page ago you insinuated you were a fanatic and highly advised against sending out early beta units. But now this post seems like you're not a fanatic. :huh:

looking back at the indiegogo updates i was getting during the campaign the question was asked what are the benefits of being a beta tester and if tjety would be getting an evo to test early. answer was no, beta testerer would have accessories, and upcoming projects to test, anything neew that meeded feedback. said the evo has been built from the ground up and that they had been testing internals etc. as theywentvalong. so this leavea me a little confused. i think all campaign contributersshould be sent out at once. and im getting mine shipped tje 15th. so o really hope this changes for evetone else. we need a mass cloud release at the same time for the campaign. seems a fair way to do it, wven if us fanatics have to wait an extra week or two. seems the fair unselfish thing to do. were trying to bring good vibes here not alienate people as i think this will do. options need to be rethinked

Aaanyway whatever not a big deal.

Question: did SM mean that units would arrive on the 15th or they'd be shipped out on the 15th? I was confused by the way it was worded.

Last edited:
11eleven11,

gigaurora

I thought about this long and hard but as someone with a working cloud and an early bird I am willing to wait a bit to get my EVO if VapeXhale wants to prioritize sending the first runs to those with broken clouds and those with no clouds. I am only speaking for myself though. I can wait a few extra weeks if it means others can join the cloud experience sooner.

And the wave of likes from the cloudless like myself surge upon your post. I'm cloudless and still am Waiting to try my very first cloud, it's like a virginity moment

gigaurora,

wootze

I thought about this long and hard but as someone with a working cloud and an early bird I am willing to wait a bit to get my EVO if VapeXhale wants to prioritize sending the first runs to those with broken clouds and those with no clouds. I am only speaking for myself though. I can wait a few extra weeks if it means others can join the cloud experience sooner.
I second clouds to the cloudless.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Any word on that question of weight difference between original and EVO?

So, I take it that we are now on schedule for a November/December release to campaign contributors?

Deadshort480,
No hard feelings at all [...] the cloud controlled my ms symptoms, something no other vaoe could with such ease. now as my symptoms creap back my ass will be sitting on the porch shaking, waiting for that evo.lol i celebrate your fanatacism.lol. all good bro i hadnt medicated yet.lol

My conscience is at ease!

As for what's about to happen next for the Fanatics, I've never been a part of a UAT, but here's what I suspect is about to happen:
1. In 3-4 weeks, Fanatics will receive their green EVOs and custom HTs. Amongst all these units will be several variations of the algorithm, etc. that the VXL team thinks are best.
2. The Fanatics will test their units for a few weeks, providing VXL with feedback.
3. At some point, based on that feedback, certain Fanatics will probably be asked to return their units for service to be updated to the best-received version. (If this is the case, I can only hope that my EVO works like a charm; the thought of finally having an EVO and then having to suddenly be without it for several weeks has me anxious, to say the least (though perhaps it would give me an appreciation for those that have been waiting much longer than I for their 'trade-in' replacements or to see their service warranty upheld for a previous Cloud). That said, I'd rather help VXL get it right, then sit around with an EVO that doesn't work quite right for me or, presumably, for others.

Methinks, though, that they've already got it dialed in, and are just covering their bases (given their somewhat tumultuous beginnings) to make sure that this re-launch goes flawlessly. While the VXL brand has incurred a lot of loyalty here at FC, they understand that their present and future success depends on putting all past production/service problems behind them, at least as far as the Cloud EVO is concerned.

Personally, I applaud VXL for embracing what is truly a rarity, yet seems to be gaining traction in this internet-driven age: extremely open and transparent cooperation with a customer base, putting everything out in an open forum like FC for all to review and interact with feedback. As a customer, I find myself more willing to be patient and understanding in receiving a product, when I know that my opinions/desires are held in serious consideration.

Okay, apparently I just wrote a fricking 5-paragraph term paper. Sorry, y'all. But this is what happens when we wait...CONJECTURE!

Question: did SM mean that units would arrive on the 15th or they'd be shipped out on the 15th? I was confused by the way it was worded.

I understood it as they will ship out on the 15th. Hopefully, that means all the fanatics can put in some serious testing the weekend of Oct. 19-20, and find that everything is 'peachy keen.'

mod note: Two posts merged. Thanks for noticing.

Last edited by a moderator:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
:popcorn:
More speculation please!

:doh: :bang: :rant:
smiley-angry021.gif

Hexi

in my case though( not looking for sympathy) the cloud controlled my ms symptoms, s
omething no other vaoe could with such ease.

now as my symptoms creap back my ass will be sitting on the porch shaking, waiting for that evo.lol i celebrate your fanatacism.lol. all good bro i hadnt medicated yet.lol

It's no cloud, but have you tried doing 2 Arizer Solos with the glass U-Joint into a water tool? You might be able to hold down the fort on your symptoms with such an approach. Even 2 Solos is still less $$ than 1 Cloud EVO, although once you get the cloud... Craigslist em or something.

11eleven11

Sending green EVO prototypes then asking for them back then messing with them more doesn't sound like the most effective way of doing it to me. SM said they'll be sending beta units which doesn't sound like custom green EVOs . My assumption is they'll send black EVO beta units and then after the reports from testing they'll finalize and start shipping out finished units.

Hopefully when the fanatics get their green EVOs they send back the black prototypes. It's the simplest solution to maximize testing time and let fanatics not have to go cloudless.

That's what sounds most reasonable to me anyway.

Sending green EVO prototypes then asking for them back then messing with them more doesn't sound like the most effective way of doing it to me. SM said they'll be sending beta units which doesn't sound like custom green EVOs . My assumption is they'll send black EVO beta units and then after the reports from testing they'll finalize and start shipping out finished units.

Hopefully when the fanatics get their green EVOs they send back the black prototypes. It's the simplest solution to maximize testing time and let fanatics not have to go cloudless.

That's what sounds most reasonable to me anyway.

You could very well be right! (and I'd be fine with that!) unless, of course, they think the units are already just about perfect, regardless of which firmware, etc tweaks they ultimately go with, and are simply doing a CYA, throwing a bone to Fanatics, doing a slow reveal via those FC fanatics to drive pre-orders, etc. Or on the other end, they may need to actually inspect tested units before approving final production. Either way, I don't see why they wouldn't put the green cover on the units to be tested. It'd be worthwhile to have another color (like the white was) tested rigorously, and if your EVO works perfectly, then you simply keep it and there's no need for VXL to incur excess shipping costs
:popcorn:
More speculation please!

You're welcome! lol
Don't we have the best mods?! :rockon:

Last edited:

filteredhead

11eleven11

SM55 clarified during the indiegogo campaign that a HydraFoot would be included for those who contributed at $500 and $1000 levels:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-680#post-440767

Is that not the case anymore?

Woah good memory and good job pointing that out.

That means current preorders will not get the hydrafoot but the indiegogo campaign early birds and fanatics will. Cool! I think I'll still get a dead foot wood piece too.

Speaking of which, as far as accessories go, what are some more things to get in anticipation for the EVO? Here's some equipment and tools off the top of my head:

-Extra ELBs
-Dead Foot VXL EVO, Hydratube, and Accessory Holder (will come out later, so maybe bad for this list but still something I want)
-Grinder (if ya don't have one already)
-Case (like a Pelican case)
-Rezblock (if you want to reduce resin)
-ISO Alcohol for cleaning

Any other ideas? I'll have to take another look at the vapor related equipment subforum for more ideas.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Speaking of which, as far as accessories go, what are some more things to get in anticipation for the EVO? Here's some equipment and tools off the top of my head:

-Extra ELBs
-Dead Foot VXL EVO, Hydratube, and Accessory Holder (will come out later, so maybe bad for this list but still something I want)
-Grinder (if ya don't have one already)
-Case (like a Pelican case)
-Rezblock (if you want to reduce resin)
-ISO Alcohol for cleaning

Any other ideas? I'll have to take another look at the vapor related equipment subforum for more ideas.
I really recommend the dead foot stuff. Here is my latest addition.:brow:

al3mo3.jpg

:peace:

Amazingkaddycap

I still have a working Cloud, hitting it every night, never thought I'd say it, but I haven't hit the volcano in weeks. The Cloud really is the best Vape I have used. My Gf likes to say, the volcano gets you high, the Cloud gets you STONED. I can wait for the Evo, if it takes longer, hopefully that will give me more time to play with the herbalizer :) , of course if that delivers in Oct

nanafy

Wanna honestly know what is better than the VapeExhale in every way?

The Plenty vaporizer hooked up to a bong :

1.) Take the black mouthpiece off the Plenty

2.) Pack a 3 gram bowl and pack it down nice and tight with the liquid screen ( dont pack the screen just pack it so it fits)

3.) Make sure the bong has an ice catcher ( mine holds 6) , percolator is bonus

4.) Move the clear rubber piece higher ( where you took off the mouthpiece) to create good suction between bong and stem.

5.) GG>>>PROFIT???

6.) SLEEP

I bet you any money this is a better setup than the 500 dollar Vapeexhale

The 3 grams is just to show off the holding size of the plenty. You can do it with less just leave the screen in

mod note: Why would you think this opinion would be welcomed in this thread. From the rules page- Don’t post for the purpose of starting a dispute.

Last edited by a moderator:
nanafy,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Wanna honestly know what is better than the VapeExhale in every way?

The Plenty vaporizer hooked up to a bong :

1.) Take the black mouthpiece off the Plenty

2.) Pack a 3 gram bowl and pack it down nice and tight with the liquid screen ( dont pack the screen just pack it so it fits)

3.) Make sure the bong has an ice catcher ( mine holds 6) , percolator is bonus

4.) Move the clear rubber piece higher ( where you took off the mouthpiece) to create good suction between bong and stem.

5.) GG>>>PROFIT???

6.) SLEEP

I bet you any money this is a better setup than the 500 dollar Vapeexhale

The 3 grams is just to show off the holding size of the plenty. You can do it with less just leave the screen in

Have you even tried a Cloud? If not then your speculation holds no weight.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I was under the impression that they have been beta testing already? I even seen videos where supposedly the new heater design was being tested in the old units? Did that not happen? What have they been doing for the past 4 months? Did we not see the design and everything right away? How were they not testing it? How did the Fanatic's not receive this already? I'm just pissed I have been without my cloud since June and this is getting ridiculous. It's all good and dandy that the cloud will be perfect when they finally get around to sending it to us, but you would think the first cloud worked out all the bugs for them. I can't believe that everyone is just ok with this?

I don't see why people see this as anything but good news. That announcement was telling us the hardware is finished. This means they are likely manufacturing units to final design right now. The Fanatics are going to be testing software. Once that software is finalised for release, it's just a matter of flashing release software onto completed units and then packaging them for sale. Doing this final testing round isn't going to hold non-Fanatics up any more than they would otherwise have waited (because the testing always had to be done, whether internally or through Fanatics), and the end result is a better unit for everyone. Plus, personally, I'd feel more comfortable about a vape that was openly FC community-tested than one that was tested fully in-house by a private company.

Regarding the Fantic testing, I assume it'll be just a bare black unit to test with user-supplied glass? Maybe a VXL mouthpiece? A hydratube would be nice for those that don't have any, but not strictly essential, and would just add to the cost of shipping it back, I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom