Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Anonymouse

Sith I care
VXL do another crowd source campaign for the next phases. Hopefully, first, the uber portable, which I'm designing in my head to pack maybe 2, 3 or 4 ultra high capacity 18650's firing a titanium heater. An attractively priced portable would have super broad appeal.

In my head, all three of the portable, the Cloud series and the HP all use ELBs, and the portable possibly also has some sort of "magazine" or clip system so you can load it with, say, 4-6 ELBs, and mechanically switch between them without opening the unit. That way you can pre-load it with a day's worth of meds, or different meds in each chamber (say, one with concentrates on a flower bed or stainless wool filler insert, one indica flowers, one sativa, etc), and then just go about you business all day taking hits of whatever, whenever, with no fiddly loading 'til you get home.

Bonus points if the magazine system uses a revolver-style "six-shooter" drum, and you can buy extras. Unit could have a cylindrical form factor and split apart in the middle like a revover to change drums. Okay, wishful thinking, sure, but a gimmick like that alone would sell the thing to most people, I bet, before they even know anything else about it.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
In my head, all three of the portable, the Cloud series and the HP all use ELBs, and the portable possibly also has some sort of "magazine" or clip system so you can load it with, say, 4-6 ELBs, and mechanically switch between them without opening the unit. That way you can pre-load it with a day's worth of meds, or different meds in each chamber (say, one with concentrates on a flower bed or stainless wool filler insert, one indica flowers, one sativa, etc), and then just go about you business all day taking hits of whatever, whenever, with no fiddly loading 'til you get home.

Bonus points if the magazine system uses a revolver-style "six-shooter" drum, and you can buy extras. Unit could have a cylindrical form factor and split apart in the middle like a revover to change drums. Okay, wishful thinking, sure, but a gimmick like that alone would sell the thing to most people, I bet, before they even know anything else about it.

.38 Special. Maybe VXL could get tooling on loan from S&W.

JoeKickass

Honestly though, based on that very short video, I wasn't a fan of the dual Turbines and I think I'm going to look into a different tube with different style percolator.
lol for all I care they could send me a box full of those little opal marbles:
9uSYxTQ.png

and I'd still open it up and make this noise:

Amazingkaddycap

Well, I'm back to eat some humble pie. A few pages back, I expressed my disappointment with the cloud. As expect I recieved criticism for my opinion, and looked at it with an open mind. I decided to dust off my cloud and see if I was wrong about its performance. I WAS WRONG...the disappointment I fet was user error. I was over packing the cloud, the results were, poor hit quality, poor taste, burnt weed, and non efficient. When i first bought the Cloud, I was naturally conserving, it hit great and I enjoyed it. But, I enjoy sitting back and vaping with a bag ( which is what I'm used to) so, I wanted to do the same with the cloud. I then began to overpack, I believe , in order to get more hits without having to refill. Thats when I started to run thru my stash and the quality failed. All my fault. Then I seen the Awesome looking EVO and my bitterness began to sting. Now this is what I want..I thought to myself. Anyway....I took the more is less approach and the cloud has been fucking me up nicely....huge clouds, instant hit to the head...it truly is unlike anything else. In my ignorance , I wasnt learning anything the way I should have been. Comparing the Volcano to the Cloud is pointless...in my opinion, two different smoking methods, each have there use. I'm happy to say that the cloud has taken up permanent residency on my table and I did get to contribute in time at the $350 level , can't wait for the EVO.

SD_haze

Well, I'm back to eat some humble pie. A few pages back, I expressed my disappointment with the cloud. As expect I recieved criticism for my opinion, and looked at it with an open mind. I decided to dust off my cloud and see if I was wrong about its performance. I WAS WRONG...the disappointment I fet was user error. I was over packing the cloud, the results were, poor hit quality, poor taste, burnt weed, and non efficient. When i first bought the Cloud, I was naturally conserving, it hit great and I enjoyed it. But, I enjoy sitting back and vaping with a bag ( which is what I'm used to) so, I wanted to do the same with the cloud. I then began to overpack, I believe , in order to get more hits without having to refill. Thats when I started to run thru my stash and the quality failed. All my fault. Then I seen the Awesome looking EVO and my bitterness began to sting. Now this is what I want..I thought to myself. Anyway....I took the more is less approach and the cloud has been fucking me up nicely....huge clouds, instant hit to the head...it truly is unlike anything else. In my ignorance , I wasnt learning anything the way I should have been. Comparing the Volcano to the Cloud is pointless...in my opinion, two different smoking methods, each have there use. I'm happy to say that the cloud has taken up permanent residency on my table and I did get to contribute in time at the $350 level , can't wait for the EVO.
I too was questioning the efficiency of the VXC when I was still a novice user.
Reducing load sizes showed me its true potential is quite awesome!

wootze

This is very, very, cool. Thanks.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

Good on you, my friend! Thanks for sharing this.

Amazingkaddycap

When you get the fill level right in the ELB you will find bag use less desirable.

I'll never tire of the bags...I really see the two as having different functions. I can take the Cloud and get 4 huge Rips and be blasted in minutes....or I can sit back, fill some bags and bring up my stone slowly while I chill with the GF. Both methods have room in my life :) , and my gf has always loved the cloud , even when I expressed disappointment. I'm just happy that I've fallen for the cloud again. ..its like getting it new all over again

oldiebutgoodie

When you get the fill level right in the ELB you will find bag use less desirable.

I'll never tire of the bags...I really see the two as having different functions . . .

I still occasionally use bags for group sessions. I only share my Cloud with, um, selected friends. That may seem a bit tight-ass. But I've got friends who, while they know how to use the Cloud, only do so when visiting (which isn't often) and are just not very mindful - especially after a couple ELB's. After having a couple of close calls, I re-introduced my Q/bag/water setup and they're actually relieved. And so am I. I do have other friends though that I can trust with the Cloud; just so happens that they're the friends lined up for a new EVO, too.

Last edited:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

This brought me (almost) as much joy as the campaign! I know how hard it can be to eat crow (lord knows I've gotten used to it by now) and admit your mistake but ultimately, now you are able to enjoy a better vapor experience :rockon:

Thanks to everyone again for pulling together and helping us get the word out and having a successful campaign. This has really helped us through an extremely difficult time and we've definitely EVOlved into a tighter functioning group and I have no doubts that VapeXhale's future will be bright.

Give us a few days to get everything sorted out and we'll be making sure we have everyone on the proper list and perk level. TURBINE BABY!!!!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
It's spreading on the left side... :(
12lh.jpg

I couldn't take the look of mine like that...although mine had got nowhere near that bad. I still didn't like the little spots here and there. Like they say, all or nothing :lol:

sorry for the less than great pics!
But fair warning to anyone who attempts this. It's difficult to get every last bit off, and you could damage your Cloud if not careful (spilling solvent, etc) And you may be tempted to remove the shell to get better access to the inside, and to soak it and get aggressive with a brush...this will void your warranty AFAIK, so do so at your own risk! ( I personally would not remove the shell again or open my Cloud, where they aren't repairing Clouds so easily/cheaply now, and I want mine to stay home, and keep ticking. ) Also, my unit is hotter to the touch IMO without the paint. YMMV but if I were you, I would only do it if you really feel you must. If you're like me, it'll be covered in wristbands anyhow!

More on topic...I've been hitting my Cloud in the mornings before work differently than I had in the past, over these past couple of weeks. I've been having it come on via WeMo switch as usual, but setting the temp to the lowest setting (7am?) and after the Cloud has been on a while, that setting produces nice, amazingly tasty, visible clouds! I hold them until they don't show up on exhale, but still. The effect is different than 8/9/10+ and is very favorable for me in the mornings, when I don't need a lot of relief for nausea, etc...but more for mental relief. I've been using my dry mouthpiece for these morning sesh's and loving it! Little to no irritation like you may experience at higher temps!

Anonymouse

Sith I care
It's spreading on the left side... :(
12lh.jpg

Take the shields off and strip the paint chemically (you can take off and strip just one at a time to avoid opening the chassis). From the looks it'll come off easy with methlyene chloride or even just thinners. Use a soft cloth rather than a scourer so you don't damage the brushed finish. You can optionally polish the shields at this stage if you don't want a brushed finish.

Then, take them to a local anodising place to get them hard black anodised (or clear/silver if you prefer). Just hit the Yellow Pages, and for a bit of negotiation and like $30-40 it'll not only look brand new, it will look better than it ever did. They really should've been anodised in the first place, not painted. The new coating will be dyed aluminium oxide, which is a metric butt-ton harder than paint (and is even actually harder than most metals, including steel), plus it can't flake as it's essentially fused to the metal on an atom-by-atom basis.

It's what I'd do, anyway. :p

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I couldn't take the look of mine like that...although mine had got nowhere near that bad. I still didn't like the little spots here and there. Like they say, all or nothing :lol:

sorry for the less than great pics!
But fair warning to anyone who attempts this. It's difficult to get every last bit off, and you could damage your Cloud if not careful (spilling solvent, etc) And you may be tempted to remove the shell to get better access to the inside, and to soak it and get aggressive with a brush...this will void your warranty AFAIK, so do so at your own risk! ( I personally would not remove the shell again or open my Cloud, where they aren't repairing Clouds so easily/cheaply now, and I want mine to stay home, and keep ticking. ) Also, my unit is hotter to the touch IMO without the paint. YMMV but if I were you, I would only do it if you really feel you must. If you're like me, it'll be covered in wristbands anyhow!

More on topic...I've been hitting my Cloud in the mornings before work differently than I had in the past, over these past couple of weeks. I've been having it come on via WeMo switch as usual, but setting the temp to the lowest setting (7am?) and after the Cloud has been on a while, that setting produces nice, amazingly tasty, visible clouds! I hold them until they don't show up on exhale, but still. The effect is different than 8/9/10+ and is very favorable for me in the mornings, when I don't need a lot of relief for nausea, etc...but more for mental relief. I've been using my dry mouthpiece for these morning sesh's and loving it! Little to no irritation like you may experience at higher temps!

Looking great mate!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Anonymouse: I am already upgrading to the EVO, that's already a lot of money, so no way I'm going to get this one anodized. I amthinking about going nude silver. There are 2 things still preventing me from it:
1) I just like the black look more. Its just on one side, it still looks mostly good. This point will probably take time as these silver spots spread.
2) My shells are misaligned and don't/can't hold together. Unscrewing the shield would be very risky and I would do it only in dire need. Possibly stuff some paper towels between these shells and the shield to prevent any forceful burstopen of these shells when a screw comes off. Screwing that back would be even harder.

Seek,

oldiebutgoodie

Looking at the indiegogo funder's list and the many new posters to this thread, I'm left with the feeling that Cloud owner enthusiasm was a real factor in ginning up the Contributors/contributions. SM essentially has said as much, too.

It occurs to me that the EVO had better come to fruition as promised. or the citizens will be storming the FC castle with pitchforks. Everything has gotta go right this time around. :whip:

Of course, since I wasn't one of those doing any cheer leading, I have nothing to worry about. :haw:

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: vtac

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Take the shields off
It's actually one solid shield. 8 screws, one piece of metal. The inside however, is 4 pieces, and doesn't stay together too well on it's own. I had an OCPD nightmare when I did that hahahaha but I managed to put it back together more aligned than it was prior! I'm thinking at some point of filling in the VapeXhale and monkey with some kind of color :nod:
Looking great mate!
Thanks!
Anonymouse: I am already upgrading to the EVO, that's already a lot of money, so no way I'm going to get this one anodized. I amthinking about going nude silver. There are 2 things still preventing me from it:
1) I just like the black look more. Its just on one side, it still looks mostly good. This point will probably take time as these silver spots spread.
2) My shells are misaligned and don't/can't hold together. Unscrewing the shield would be very risky and I would do it only in dire need. Possibly stuff some paper towels between these shells and the shield to prevent any forceful burstopen of these shells when a screw comes off. Screwing that back would be even harder.
If you ever do take it apart, use rubber bands (really strong ones, the wide ones are great) and use those to hold the inner body pieces of the Cloud to eachother, before removing the screws. This will prevent the 4 pieces from coming apart. Just take time, be careful, and well....fuck it...don't do it! hahahaha I really wouldn't ever do it again, unless I absolutely had to! I don't want to ruin my Cloud hahahahaha

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Every time someone would report a broken Cloud, I always felt bad yet lucky that mine has never had a problem. Until now. Yep, less than a week after I got in on the EVO, my ticker is stone cold. The lights are functioning OK, but it just doesn't get hot.

Now, I am glad I got in on the EVO deal, but I'm still really bummed out about this. It wasn't under the extended warranty, and I think I've had it for more than a year. An suggestions, or am I just waiting for October now?

Tstat,
Reactions: wootze

mscm888

Waiting for October I suspect. Sorry to hear your loss as I would be in same boat. My OG Ticker went out of warranty in July.

mscm888,

Hexi

Overpacking any vape ELB etc.. generally leads to poor quality hits. I overpacked my Da Vinci over the weekend at one point and totally wasted a session trying to get draws out of it...

Hexi,
Top Bottom