Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Been following the Cloud since I started vaping two years ago. I remember reading the old thread and lusting after one but never actually thought about pulling the trigger until around the time the Nimbus was announced.

Could not resist he early bird. Campaign is over 83k now, I think 100k is a go!

grokit

well-worn member
Actually, aluminum is great for heat dissipation.. But I will leave the designing to the pros!

Maybe put some fins on that baby, trick it out like an edsel:
1959_Ford_Edsel_back_end.jpg

Jk, I meant something like this:
aluminum-heat-sinks.jpg

t00fatt

Actually, aluminum is great for heat dissipation.. But I will leave the designing to the pros!
Correct, and this is exactly why they are moving to a polycarbonate body. The aluminum dissipates heat very well, right into your hands... Dissipated heat, in a vaporizer, is actually wasted energy and not beneficial; in addition to the discomfort encountered by the end user. So other than its light weight structural integrity, aluminum is not a wise material choice for a vape body. Although it may be more aesthetically pleasing.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
So I bought the CB a couple weeks ago, couldn't resist myself. :love:it!!!!

b7m4.jpg

Decided to add an extra screen to filter out any debris that might make it through the ELB.
1lmf.jpg

Now I have a way to reclaim resin, :tup:. This is after only a few ELBs.

I can also place some flowers in the chamber to dry them out if needed or coat with Cloud resin. Anyone else reclaim from their CB?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I'm doing another round of video Q&A - no questions are off limits, go ahead and ask here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/v...ealth-one-lung-at-a-time/x/3569338?c=comments

When I have pictures of the new packaging, I will be sure to post em ;)

Happy Friday!

Say no more, and feel free to ignore my question on IGG :) I'm just excited for pictures, and to know that there is some packaging worth photographing! Thanks for listening, as always...I know there is so much to read/listen for in your position!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So I bought the CB a couple weeks ago, couldn't resist myself. :love:it!!!Now I have a way to reclaim resin, :tup:. This is after only a few ELBs.

I can also place some flowers in the chamber to dry them out if needed or coat with Cloud resin. Anyone else reclaim from their CB?

I've been using the cb to reclaim with my Sub, but haven't gotten far enough along yet. If you put the carb on the middle intake and the cloud on the outside the bottom of the outside joint will collect better since it has a floor and you won't need that screen. Unless you want to keep it in there to see if any particulates make it all the way around the bend.

I love my cloud buddy!

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
So I will probably have enough money to buy a Cloud in the next month or two and I have a few questions. Can I still buy the Eagle when it drops or do I have to buy one of those perks on indiegogo to receive it? I'm guessing Ill just have to be put on a wait list when I have the money? The other question I had was if I purchase a Cloud in about a month or two, could I still get the trade in?

ElevatedMindset,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
So I will probably have enough money to buy a Cloud in the next month or two and I have a few questions. Can I still buy the Eagle when it drops or do I have to buy one of those perks on indiegogo to receive it? I'm guessing Ill just have to be put on a wait list when I have the money? The other question I had was if I purchase a Cloud in about a month or two, could I still get the trade in?

The campaign ends in 7 days. Those with Perks will receive their units beginning sometime in October (at least that is the plan). VXL will then be rolling out its standard distribution, pricing, and warranty. I don't recall any mention of the possibility of a later trade-in/up program.

IMHO I wouldn't purchase a Cloud now. I'm assuming you're talking about a Cloud+ available from a retailer's stock. The Eagle is not only superior as far as design and manufacture and serviceability, but there is a known manufacturing flaw (discussed at length earlier here) that is a problem for some, but not all, of the Cloud+ units. When the Eagle becomes generally available, IIRC the price-point will be close to that of the Cloud.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
The Cloud Buddy seems REALLY cool, and I love that vaporists can use the Cloud with their own glass. But for my ritual, it's my Hydratube FTW! :tup: The Cloud is easy enough to handle, but damn...my Evolver HT is so sleek and sexy. And it's simply less futzing for me than lifting and inverting the Cloud.

In fact, I've worked myself up and must now hit said Cloud and HT.

Happy Sunday, Cloudists!

Edit: Oh, and you bet your Cloud-hitting asses I'm throwing down another $250 to get my total Eagle contribution up to $500 and therefore increase the odds my Eagle lands sooner than later ;)

John Lewus

I'll give that a try, :tup: . Just worries me about the stability of the cloud sitting so off center.

I am on my second month of using my CB this way. It is a bit nerve wracking because I am clumsy but I try to wrap the cable so it goes behind is not in the path of anything I would reach for or move my hand around.

Below is a pic of exactly 3 weeks of buildup using my cloud with mostly herb for an average of 5 elb's a day or maybe a tad more (I had friends over several times). I did this same experiment last month using the buildup to make a high fat/protein shake that tasted pretty dang good. I had one of my most relaxing sunday afternoons ever.

g8q.png

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I did this same experiment last month using the buildup to make a high fat/protein shake that tasted pretty dang good.

I remember seeing a recipe for a Peanut butter milkshake, sounded so delicious. :nod:

I've found for some reason it seams that resin likes to stick to SS screens quicker than glass. Don't know if its because the surface area on a screen might be higher or just the difference between glass/metal, I would guess glass is smoother. Is the EQ elbow and the ELB made from a different material than SS?

dsc5197x.jpg

My SSV double screen. Notice how clean the wand is after the second screen. Maybe it collects the bigger resin particles.

Kind of like how its doing in my CB:
jqmr.jpg

John Lewus

I think really fine mesh screens do capture a lot of the honey oil. When I use my solo with a relatively coarse screen the honey builds up in the stem at a noticeably faster pace than if I use much finer mesh screens that are double screened. The pro of using double screens is that the honey buildup is much more pure whereas the coarser screen allows more bits through.

On a side note on my cloud and CB, when I use herb I get more of that dark dust in the bottom of the CB which is the same stuff that causes the resin ring in my cloud. I wish I knew if the dust was loaded with actives or not. It does not taste too bad in my protein shake recipe that I use. :)

John Lewus,

cumulus

What's the difference between the Cloud and Cloud+ and how do I know which one I have? And what's the difference between the Nimbus and Eagle? A bit perplexed...

Also, I bought a Hydraline to replace the one that accidentally broke after a fall but this one fits fairly loosely on the Cloud and I'm a bit concerned when I use it. I know there's a certain amount of variation with glass and not sure if it's something I should/can send back in. Guess I'll place a ticket and ask.

cumulus,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
What's the difference between the Cloud and Cloud+ and how do I know which one I have? And what's the difference between the Nimbus and Eagle? A bit perplexed...

Also, I bought a Hydraline to replace the one that accidentally broke after a fall but this one fits fairly loosely on the Cloud and I'm a bit concerned when I use it. I know there's a certain amount of variation with glass and not sure if it's something I should/can send back in. Guess I'll place a ticket and ask.

The First Cloud models released, were the Cloud. They made a ticking noise when running. Then, they came out with a non ticking Cloud...no model upgrade, etc...just new internal parts. Then came the Cloud + (plus) which also did not tick. This was the first 'new model' so to say. Its upgrades were a slightly faster heatup time, a cooler to the touch shell, a slightly more replaceable bamboo, and in some cases a different temp knob.

Now, they have a new model coming out in October, called the Eagle. It was intended to be the Nimbus, among other things, but they were all legally shot down due to copyrights, etc. So, we have Project Nimbus: the Eagle. It will be a polycarbonate enclosed unit, which heats up significantly faster, and is much cooler to the touch, with a new design.

Please go to the Indiegogo campaign page and donate now to get your unit in october, or donate at a lesser level to support them! :nod:

As for the looseness with the HL joint. That is normal, as long as it appears to make a good seal. The taper of the joint should be slightly larger on one end than normal, so as to allow a wiggle for ease of removal, etc.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/v...save-your-health-one-lung-at-a-time/x/3840562

The First Cloud models released, were the Cloud. They made a ticking noise when running. Then, they came out with a non ticking Cloud...no model upgrade, etc...just new internal parts. Then came the Cloud + (plus) which also did not tick. This was the first 'new model' so to say. Its upgrades were a slightly faster heatup time, a cooler to the touch shell, a slightly more replaceable bamboo, and in some cases a different temp knob.

Now, they have a new model coming out in October, called the Eagle. It was intended to be the Nimbus, among other things, but they were all legally shot down due to copyrights, etc. So, we have Project Nimbus: the Eagle. It will be a polycarbonate enclosed unit, which heats up significantly faster, and is much cooler to the touch, with a new design.

Please go to the Indiegogo campaign page and donate now to get your unit in october, or donate at a lesser level to support them! :nod:

As for the looseness with the HL joint. That is normal, as long as it appears to make a good seal. The taper of the joint should be slightly larger on one end than normal, so as to allow a wiggle for ease of removal, etc.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/v...save-your-health-one-lung-at-a-time/x/3840562

Thank this man right now! I couldn't have said it any better.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Thank this man right now! I couldn't have said it any better.

Aww :love: I try my best to help around here! We all have our days when we open up a new tab to FC, and hit with a thousand alerts, and open the Cloud thread only to find what appear to be a years worth of posts, and months worth of progress, in just a few weeks... Thank VXL for making a product awesome enough to make us all slaves to a thread like this! :bowdown: :tup:

Benzito42

Been following campaign and torn between perks.

Do most cloud owners prefer the hydratubes or traditional glass? If you had to pick one.

Is the early bird hydratube the swagger circ+ turbine? Is that the same as the swagger double?

How will the fanatic hydratube differ? What and How many products will beta testers likely test and keep within the next 5 years? Will project hp and the portable likely be testing within that timeframe?

Thanks

Benzito42,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Do most cloud owners prefer the hydratubes or traditional glass? If you had to pick one.
Not sure what most people prefer but if I had to choose only one it would be the Devastator :luv:

devwake.jpg

Is the early bird hydratube the swagger circ+ turbine? Is that the same as the swagger double? How will the fanatic hydratube differ
I think the EarlyBird tube will be single chamber and the Fanatic will be a custom double of some kind, details are forthcoming.
What and How many products will beta testers likely test and keep within the next 5 years? Will project hp and the portable likely be testing within that timeframe?
No idea . . .

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I think the EarlyBird tube will be single chamber and the Fanatic will be a custom double of some kind, details are forthcoming.

No idea . . .

i am pretty sure the early bird is the one in the video shown w/ the circ to turbine,
the fanatic was supposed to have a more intense turbine (maybe double turbine after some other type of perc

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: t-dub
Top Bottom