Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Hey guys, I have a huge favor to ask. We were told that we should add was some links to user video testimonials. If any of you guys can shoot a 30 second to 1 minute video of why you love your VapeXhale vaporizer, that will go a long ways. I think this goes without saying, but we need to keep the video MJ free. Link your videos in this thread and I look forward to watching them!
Just seen this now. I'll be making my video today!

white russian

even though i only have my cloud plus for a month i'm finding the 250 dollar perk upgrade quite irresistible, only thing holding me back is the return the cloud back overseas scenario, also is it expected that the new unit will have teething problems cause of the tech that these machines use and cant be helped? will the international units be staggered release again?

white russian,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Yes International Customers are welcome and will receive international nimbus's. (There will be a 50$ fee for shipping)

I don't recall the $50 shipping being mentioned the last time you guys confirmed that international folks were welcome. Somewhat worrying to see the goalposts of the deal shifting already. (That seems a bit of an expensive estimate, too, since the US shipping cost is already built in to the $500 price. Plus if you have a business account, even with just USPS, you get massive discounts...)

Does this include Nimbus fanatics? Do international fanatics have to pay $1000 + $50? (+more still for extra shipments?)

What about international beta-testing? Are international fanatics going to have to pay $50 every time they have a test unit shipped out? Who pays to ship it back? Will the extra cost mean US-resident fanatics will have more opportunities to test new designs than international fanatics will?

Anonymouse,
Reactions: Teedub

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Has anyone experimented with the cool-down of a Cloud?
My VXC seems to heat up in 5 minutes an gets into equilibrium in 10-15 minutes.
When incrementing the temp, it feels to heat up in 1-3 minutes and 5-10 to equilibrium.
I don't know if i can test decrementinng or cooldown this way. It would require several loaded ELBs to feel decreasing temps right.
If the Nimbus is cool to tocuh, it would cool-down slower, right? That would be good for off-line ELBs, not so much for decrementing or total cool-downs.

I see the VX is on page 1 again. Congrats. Is it going to remain there this time? It seems like a tough fight. Competitors are trying hard too to get there and keep it.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I don't recall the $50 shipping being mentioned the last time you guys confirmed that international folks were welcome. Somewhat worrying to see the goalposts of the deal shifting already. (That seems a bit of an expensive estimate, too, since the US shipping cost is already built in to the $500 price. Plus if you have a business account, even with just USPS, you get massive discounts...)

Does this include Nimbus fanatics? Do international fanatics have to pay $1000 + $50? (+more still for extra shipments?)

What about international beta-testing? Are international fanatics going to have to pay $50 every time they have a test unit shipped out? Who pays to ship it back? Will the extra cost mean US-resident fanatics will have more opportunities to test new designs than international fanatics will?

There was actually some verbiage speaking to that on the Indiegogo page. To clear up the confusion, I moved that messaging all the way to the top of the page. Apologies if that throws a monkey wrench in anyone's plans.

Beta testing is a very informal process, we just send the stuff out to you. No postage on the tester's part required.

Just seen this now. I'll be making my video today!

Can't wait to see it, and everyone elses!

stonemonkey55,

brewer

There are always going to be scammers and assholes. If legitimate current owners fill up the donation spots it wouldn't be a problem.

Isn't the promotion limited to 500 (only 9 so far?) people who “ALREADY” own a Cloud. That's a built in cut off point for eligible ownership. I suppose an argument can be made as to whether the ALREADY means as of whenever they made that perk available or at the end of the campaign. But either way it is limited.

Don't think they'd want to mess around with warranties. The warranty is their commitment to us. So far they haven't shown any inclination to go back on their commitment in any area that I can recall. Besides some people paid an extra $150 for extended warranties on their older units. Would they get reimbursed?

I suggest put the $150 towards the price of the promo nimbus or transfer extended warranty new nimbus (stated earlier).

Plus reading here you know there are a bunch of non-functioning units under warranty that you couldn't video working. What do they do?

I suggest limiting non-working but warrantied cloud owners to one new nimbus exchange under the promo. Customer keeps warranty on both cloud and new nimbus. But if they have multiple clouds under warranty but not working, just service those other clouds, as that is likely cheaper than doling out more nimbus with warranties at $250 a pop.

my alternative suggestion is to allow the promo for multiple broken clouds under warranty, but on the condition that after the cloud is repaired the warranty ends. end result: customer gets a $250 nimbus for every broken warrantied cloud, and the cloud repaired--in exchange for forfeiting future warranty claims on the clouds.

No doubt they discussed it and decided that it was a donation point at which they could make that offer for 500 units without damaging their efforts. I do think they'll probably want to work out some system where you can establish your legitimate claim without all the hassle and expense of shipping extra units back and forth. :2c:

You have a point, but my idea was only in response to a post by vapexhale saying they wanted to limit the the trade in to existing owners and to prevent "gaming." My warrant reduction idea is just implicit to what a company in their shoes would like in the ideal.

Stated another way, if Vapexhale allows everyone that already owns a cloud, e.g., people just buying cloud stock during the promotion, or allows people to send in with MULTIPLE clouds that are out of warranty--in order to take advantage of the trade in offer ---> for new nimbus at the DISCOUNTED $250 price point ---> then vapexhale will likely LOSE money on the deal.

Think of it this way, the point of the promotion as I understand from reading posts is to (1) raise money primarily (they have to do this or what is the point of the promo?), and (2) get people to buy nimbus, and (3) take care of existing customers with concerns about the company and their clouds (which a substantial number have had problems).

But hiding in the background, but pretty obvious, is the fact that vapexhale doesn't want more cloud warranty issues; they are too costly! No company wants warranty issues!!! Now, I don't know how many claims they have had or will have, but the less the better for them! Obviously. Also, better for them to be servicing Nimbus than Clouds, because the Nimbus they have designed to be less costly to service....

In other words, in an ideal world, vapexhale would only have one flagship product, and that product wouldn't have many warranty issues. The issues that did arise would be cheap to warranty and fix for customers. That reduces headaches, makes customers happy, and maximizes profits. Win, win, win...

In sum, getting people to Nimbus and eliminating Cloud warranties is a good goal, if that is their goal, IMO. IMO, they also would just want to do it in a way that keeps customer loyality without bankrupting them --> or worse, I am sure in their opinion, forcing them to "plan Z" and "turning to the dark side," by taking investors not within their present circle of friends.

Now, don't take me the wrong way--because they're not saying all that--but come one--that's just common business sense for a start up.

By allowing existing cloud owners to get ONE $250 nimbus and have a warranty on both their old cloud (if it still has one) and a warranty on the new nimbus --> that is a really fair deal that boosts consumer confidence in the company. If people want more Nimbus, just do the $350 option.

Most importantly--my point is that allowing people to send in MULTIPLE clouds and get MULTIPLE nimbus for $250 a pop; AND keep the additional clouds; AND keep the warranties on all the additional clouds; AND get new nimbuses with warranties---AGAIN ALL FOR $250---> IS GAMING in IMO.

That's all I am saying... It's a bargain for exchange; they need to get something and we need to get something. I am just trying to brain storm ways to strike a fair balance.

It's a just a puzzle to me, that I enjoy, and if some of my ideas get implemented, good. If not, at least the ideas may help spark better ones...

I'll end saying this---> if VapeXhale allows what you suggest, multiple clouds being traded in under the promo--> they are going well beyond the call of duty!! And the customer is getting a great deal!

More power to them, in that case... because most companies would NOT do that!!!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I keep a fan trained on mine whenever it is running and I'm not hitting it. Keeps it cool to the touch, even in hot environments. You don't even need a particularly good fan, an 8cm PC Case fan will do the trick.
I have always thought about doing this, but have never followed through. But today I was at Rite Aid and saw these cheap little fans and I remembered reading this post recently. So I bought one and have been running it on my Cloud today.

I can't believe how much of a difference the fan makes. Before turning the fan on the Cloud was reading 130° F. After turning the fan on it is 101° F (which is almost room temperature today as it's 95° here).

I'm an idiot for not doing this a year ago. :doh:

:peace:

theCerberus

There was actually some verbiage speaking to that on the Indiegogo page. To clear up the confusion, I moved that messaging all the way to the top of the page. Apologies if that throws a monkey wrench in anyone's plans.

Beta testing is a very informal process, we just send the stuff out to you. No postage on the tester's part required.

Can't wait to see it, and everyone elses!

Is Canada considered international? or are we close enough neighbours? :D

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
More power to them, in that case... because most companies would NOT do that!!!

Amen to that. That's why many folks here are multiple purchasers of units and glass HTs from well before the campaign started.

I know what you are saying. We are, of course, just kicking this around. No doubt they've spent time discussing, crunching numbers, or whatever to come to their decision. They could have limited the offer to 200 units for instance. But it would seem that they felt, for whatever reason, that 500 units @$250 was the way to go.

Maybe look at it as a reward for loyal customers who have already spent money with the company and are willing to put up more?

Sinclue,
Reactions: brewer

mlo4sho

Just thought I'd mention I love the new perks! I just bought a Cloud last Sunday (unfortunately haven't received it yet..) and I'm already finding it hard to resist the $250 perk without even hitting the Cloud yet. I'm going to most likely jump in on this before the ~15 days are up but will need some time to gather the funds (man this is getting expensive!). Hurry up USPS I'm growing impatient!

mlo4sho,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the post VaporEyes, I'm the second owner of my cloud as well - but if this is the case I will be purchasing the trade in deal. Could someone from VapeXHale verify for all of us second hand owners?

Also, I have no idea how extra time could possibly be a bad thing, especially since it will give me time to get another paycheque in the bank and have no guilt supporting VXH. If they had cut it off at the old date, all I could afford was a T-Shirt. So thank you VapeXHale - I really appreciate this extension!

I'm still waiting to get word from someone in the know about this. I've gotten mixed signals from this thread, and no reply to a PM. I don't want these spots to fill up before I know I am eligible for one. I can understand people not being allowed to purchase a used unit now and use that to upgrade to a Nimbus, but as I have owned this unit for over a year I'd like to know if I can take part in this deal.

CentiZen,
Reactions: VaporEyes
What's this I see about a sf meet up? Where can I get more information about this? When is it? Where in sf is it? Etc..?

VapeNStone,

mscm888

I'm in for $250! Time to go celebrate with an ELB. :-)

I can't wait to have one on each side of the bed!

mscm888,

brewer

Amen to that. That's why many folks here are multiple purchasers of units and glass HTs from well before the campaign started.

I know what you are saying. We are, of course, just kicking this around. No doubt they've spent time discussing, crunching numbers, or whatever to come to their decision. They could have limited the offer to 200 units for instance. But it would seem that they felt, for whatever reason, that 500 units @$250 was the way to go.

Maybe look at it as a reward for loyal customers who have already spent money with the company and are willing to put up more?

Agreed. And bigger font, please! lol! I have 20/10 vision and man--you're still killing me! hahaha!

But judging from posts I have read over the last few months, it doesn't seem they have a problem helping out FB members or loyal customers... It is in their words "gamers" they are worried about... That includes casual customers just looking for too much of deal, and, unfortunately, and maybe this doesn't apply to them because the promo is short and their just isn't much cloud stock out there---but man, such a promo by a larger company--could be ripe for abuse by sophisticated "gamers," e.g., resellers.

Also, these guys seem very smart and passionate, but they have a billion things on their plate. All small business does. My history matters not, but I know a thing or two, and these guys have found a way to do what they love... That awesome! However, the picayune business details, my bet, are not always the most fun part of the business and don't get nearly as much attention... that's just human nature.. They're marketing guys and engineers--not necessarily Steve Forbes or Warren Buffet (notice my reference to opposite political predispositions there :) )...

So, I wouldn't read too far into things like "500 units at $250" as really any calculated decision on their part. Maybe it is, but I doubt it. Seems to be just a number big that it won't have to be changed on the website. Probably put up by web host even. For example they put up 500 for the beta testers too; i doubt they need nor intend to have 500 beta testers... They have actually stated contrary to that.

Anyway... just banter... In the end it's great if they are generous to loyal customers, but realize every dollar they spend on us now has to paid for later... that means higher prices down the road for us on products and higher prices for other customers too, despite this current promotion.

That's one reason i have followed this and taken the time toss my, probably worthless, ideas out there that might spawn ways for them to save money!

I'll be customer for a long time, believe in very similar things they do, their business may help mine indirectly, and I want them around!

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Agreed. And bigger font, please! lol! I have 20/10 vision and man--you're still killing me! hahaha!

Sorry about the type, but these old eyes need larger to be able to see what I'm writing. I try to remember to knock it down before posting but oftentimes things are "cloudy" and it slips my mind.

Sinclue,
Reactions: brewer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can't believe how much of a difference the fan makes. Before turning the fan on the Cloud was reading 130° F. After turning the fan on it is 101° F (which is almost room temperature today as it's 95° here).

I'm an idiot for not doing this a year ago. :doh:

Just as an update: I just measured again and the external temp on the Cloud is 91° F and the current room temp is 85° F. So it seems to me that the fan keeps the Cloud temperature to approximately 6° F above ambient temperature. Pretty amazing IMO considering how hot it used to get. I'm using an old ticker btw.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Lastly, the bamboo has been slightly redesigned to offer more air turbulence but more importantly, it can be replaced now without changing out the entire heater/insulator section.

We were able to make all these changes (most significant is the heater) and keep it all at about the same cost (or cheaper if you contribute) as our previous model. Hope that answers all of your questions...

Amazing!
I'm so very happy...
Time to donate!!!!! Nimbus FTW.

m0sh,
Reactions: t-dub

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Sorry about the type, but these old eyes need larger to be able to see what I'm writing. I try to remember to knock it down before posting but oftentimes things are "cloudy" and it slips my mind.

You are reducing the font size before you post. The problem is that you reduce it too much. Choose 3 not 2.

b0

Cloudy...
Vapexhale "PushPop" anyone?

5njl.jpg

:rofl:

StonedMMA

I just did one $250 perk contribution.

Hope funding continues to go well and the production runs smoothly!

StonedMMA,
Top Bottom