Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Not sure they even have to do another full month (unless there is a minimum of 30 days).

Even an extra 2 weeks would help a lot.

There are many people who are medical patients here and their funds are "limited", but know a great product when they use it and I know many of them are trying to think of ways to come up with the cash and their worse enemy right now is "time".

So yes, Cerberus...statistics are correct in "most" instances, but I think it won't hurt too much here and may actually work out better.

Besides...you know what Samuel Clemens said about statistics...

"There are 3 kinds of lies...
Lies...Damn Lies!...and statistics...:)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
All right all you armchair CEOs, how long the fund-raiser should run is determined by VXL and governed by the rules of the site. Debating it here is not useful, rather it is distracting, so please stop. If there are changes you'll be told; meanwhile, let VXL run the business the best way they see fit.

theCerberus

Not sure they even have to do another full month (unless there is a minimum of 30 days).

Even an extra 2 weeks would help a lot.

There are many people who are medical patients here and their funds are "limited", but know a great product when they use it and I know many of them are trying to think of ways to come up with the cash and their worse enemy right now is "time".

So yes, Cerberus...statistics are correct in "most" instances, but I think it won't hurt too much here and may actually work out better.

Besides...you know what Samuel Clemens said about statistics...

"There are 3 kinds of lies...Lies...Damn Lies!...and statistics...:)

fair enough, I am of the impression that if you are on a fixed budget you arent going to be able to invest in something like nimbus fanatic that in my mind is specifically made for people with extra spending cash.
there are various levels of donating to match your financials.

anyways, it probably wont hurt if its just a couple weeks so ill shut up now :chill: sorry :D

theCerberus,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Got a reply from Troi(promptly through FC PM). Told me that my Cloud is eligible for "trade-in". :D

I am not the original owner of this Cloud(so no warranty) and it was an OG Cloud that was upgraded to +(by former owner).

So if that qualifies, then most other Clouds should too. :tup:

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the post VaporEyes, I'm the second owner of my cloud as well - but if this is the case I will be purchasing the trade in deal. Could someone from VapeXHale verify for all of us second hand owners?

Also, I have no idea how extra time could possibly be a bad thing, especially since it will give me time to get another paycheque in the bank and have no guilt supporting VXH. If they had cut it off at the old date, all I could afford was a T-Shirt. So thank you VapeXHale - I really appreciate this extension!

CentiZen,

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
Well... I finally caved in to buying a new Cloud+ off of eBay! The Trade-in Option made my decision a lot easier and in the mean time I will have the Cloud+ to keep me quite busy. I'm excited, but my wallet and I are no longer on speaking terms. I can't wait until it get here! Now to scavenge money for the $250 trade-in...

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
On a side note I hate sucking in hot air and I keep my cloud in a very hot shed so it and the tube get HOT. But I keep a mini fridge full of beer and a hydratube right next to where I sit. There is nothing like a chilly cool vapor toke. It makes it much cooler then ice cubes in the tube. Try it!

I keep a fan trained on mine whenever it is running and I'm not hitting it. Keeps it cool to the touch, even in hot environments. You don't even need a particularly good fan, an 8cm PC Case fan will do the trick.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I'm trying not to think of how ridiculous (but tempting) my situation has now become thanks to VapeXhale's Trade-in Perk.

Looks like both my Clouds would be eligible so if I donated twice @ $250 I could wind up with 4 Clouds! :dog:

edit: I'm so weak...donated...need more orifices....

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
Before anyone gets too carried away...
Got a reply from Troi(promptly through FC PM). Told me that my Cloud is eligible for "trade-in". :D

I am not the original owner of this Cloud(so no warranty) and it was an OG Cloud that was upgraded to +(by former owner).

So if that qualifies, then most other Clouds should too. :tup:
I had PM conversation with SM55 because I bought a new one off of eBay, but it comes with the warranty (serial # at least I don't know what to put for order #) anyways, I had given the impression that I was going to buy one second hand I guess and this was his response.
Pickz - I appreciate the honesty but we're really trying to discourage people trying to game our system here. The upgrade program is for first time owners and since the idea behind this campaign is to raise some funds, allowing people to game the system actually works out worse for us then not taking the money at all. I hope you understand, why not look at the $350 option? That sure must be less than buying a used cloud then doing the upgrade program right?
After I told him that I bought a new one (with warranty) he said that I would be able to trade in, but just a heads up.

lovehemp

international orders to brazil, 220v, for the $350 pack?
when youre gonna start sending it out? october?

lovehemp,

brewer

edit: taken the wrong way, so when I am more awake, I'll rephrase :)

Rephrase: to limit the promotion to "first time owners" or those "already" owning a cloud--seems vapexhale needs some type of limitation on the trade in promo.

Just brain storming, but how about:

Limiting the $250 promo to one Cloud per person--regardless of whether it has a valid warranty. Only requirement is to send the cloud's serial number in by the end of the promotion. Verify ownership by photo or, if desired, by (youtube) video.

And how about allowing additional Clouds if:

1) They have a valid warranty (perhaps prove the same way VapeXhale does now);

2) The owner supplies the serial number of (and video of it working); and

3) The owner forfeits each additional cloud's warranty.

That gets VapeXhale $250 per Nimbus, and ends warranty claims on those clouds.

Essentially, VapeXhale is exchanging each additional cloud's warranty for a $250 Nimbus (that will have its own warranty) That's a good deal! (maybe too good!)

Can that be gamed?

brewer,

theCerberus

I will stay on track from now on, so lets discuss the awesome cloud in the new video :D

What is the recommended way to use oil? the ELB seems to be for flower, or flower mixed with oil.
What is the official answer? 2 cap method?

theCerberus,
Reactions: m0sh

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
edit: taken the wrong way, so when I am more awake, I'll rephrase :)

Rephrase: to limit the promotion to "first time owners" or those "already" owning a cloud--seems vapexhale needs some type of limitation on the trade in promo.

Just brain storming, but how about:

Limiting the $250 promo to one Cloud per person--regardless of whether it has a valid warranty. Only requirement is to send the cloud's serial number in by the end of the promotion. Verify ownership by photo or, if desired, by (youtube) video.

And how about allowing additional Clouds if:

1) They have a valid warranty (perhaps prove the same way VapeXhale does now);

2) The owner supplies the serial number of (and video of it working); and

3) The owner forfeits each additional cloud's warranty.

That gets VapeXhale $250 per Nimbus, and ends warranty claims on those clouds.

Essentially, VapeXhale is exchanging each additional cloud's warranty for a $250 Nimbus (that will have its own warranty) That's a good deal! (maybe too good!)

Can that be gamed?

There are always going to be scammers and assholes. If legitimate current owners fill up the donation spots it wouldn't be a problem.

Isn't the promotion limited to 500 (only 9 so far?) people who “ALREADY” own a Cloud. That's a built in cut off point for eligible ownership. I suppose an argument can be made as to whether the ALREADY means as of whenever they made that perk available or at the end of the campaign. But either way it is limited.

Don't think they'd want to mess around with warranties. The warranty is their commitment to us. So far they haven't shown any inclination to go back on their commitment in any area that I can recall. Besides some people paid an extra $150 for extended warranties on their older units. Would they get reimbursed?

Plus reading here you know there are a bunch of non-functioning units under warranty that you couldn't video working. What do they do?

No doubt they discussed it and decided that it was a donation point at which they could make that offer for 500 units without damaging their efforts. I do think they'll probably want to work out some system where you can establish your legitimate claim without all the hassle and expense of shipping extra units back and forth. :2c:

Modnote: Text formatting fixed for readability.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
These "Nimbus" vids are great, but say very little about the new PHS. I can blow the same cloud with my OG. Are there any other differences in the PHS other than he heat-up time?
Is the bamboo different? Heat algo more precise? What is improved?

I prefer longer campaign too. They should get enough attention first before initiating the pressure. Also I'm waiting for how they figure out the trade-in program. If I don't have to send it in, I'm in. Just waiting until it's certain.

I'm not saying 350 for a basic Nimbus package isn't a steal, just don't have that budget right now after buying the OG. Another reason why longer campaign would benefit me.

I should wait with the OG purchase, but that would also mean I would remain Cloudless for the last 2 months and next 4, someting unimaginable.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
These "Nimbus" vids are great, but say very little about the new PHS. I can blow the same cloud with my OG. Are there any other differences in the PHS other than he heat-up time?

Yeah, the real "tipping point" for the campaign is not going to come until they release some proper details. They're being surprisingly cagey about it, though. It's been like a week since some PR guy was supposed to come in and tell us about it in detail, then they were going to release details on the IndieGoGo page instead, but then they didn't do that either.

It's all very mysterious. Hasn't this design already been leaked to a competitor ages ago? Why can't they tell prospective customers more about it? Why did they think they could a week back but then decide not to?

I guess we'll know soon, but urgh, suspense.

Anonymouse,
Reactions: mnd99

mnd99

I had PM conversation with SM55 because I bought a new one off of eBay, but it comes with the warranty (serial # at least I don't know what to put for order #) anyways, I had given the impression that I was going to buy one second hand I guess and this was his response.After I told him that I bought a new one (with warranty) he said that I would be able to trade in, but just a heads up.

Hey pickz, I think you bought from my neighbour. owner is autistic..in my group as well :D The cloud is fine. I hit it the day it came. blueberry. flattening. prompted me to buy one of my own :D but I was totally medicated when I did buy mine :D I didn't know this one was for sale..I just found out like an hour ago...island universe neighborhoods!! :D I suggest you invest in pack of ELB's right away!

http://www.vapexhale.com/products/cloud-ez-load-bowls-elb-pack-of-4

mnd99,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

I prefer longer campaign too. They should get enough attention first before initiating the pressure. Also I'm waiting for how they figure out the trade-in program. If I don't have to send it in, I'm in. Just waiting until it's certain.

I'm not saying 350 for a basic Nimbus package isn't a steal, just don't have that budget right now after buying the OG. Another reason why longer campaign would benefit me.

I should wait with the OG purchase, but that would also mean I would remain Cloudless for the last 2 months and next 4, someting unimaginable.

The Nimbus is building upon The Cloud and improving on it in every way. The heater we used is 3X more expensive than our previous model and heats up in significantly less time. I'm abstaining from giving specific numbers because there are still some tweaks to be made to optimize heater performance but I feel confident enough in saying that heat up time will at least be reduced by 40%. Another benefit of this more advanced heater is that it can take a pounding, we know our users are gonna pound the shit out of this thing.

The PHS algorithm has also been improved. A new, more advanced thermal couple is being used to help us maintain even more precise heat control. True, you can blow the similar clouds with your existing unit but I think that just goes to show how well our previous unit performed. We know we came out with something really good, the Nimbus is just refining and smoothing out the rough edges.

The enclosure is now being made from a high temp polycarbonate material. This allows it to be cool to the touch no matter which geography you live in. No more oven mitts or silicone gloves! We also just like the way it looks better :)

Lastly, the bamboo has been slightly redesigned to offer more air turbulence but more importantly, it can be replaced now without changing out the entire heater/insulator section.

We were able to make all these changes (most significant is the heater) and keep it all at about the same cost (or cheaper if you contribute) as our previous model. Hope that answers all of your questions...

quick teaser - we got a new, bad ass video coming out soon in the next few days! Can't wait to share it with everyone.

Top Bottom