Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

toros23

SM55 - I already purchased the $350 level but also want to do the SF/Bay Area meetup.. Do I need to do two separate contributions?

toros23,

11eleven11

11eleven11,
Reactions: SD_haze

JCat

Accessory Maker
Troi/SM: you need to try to do something about those totals. Two people I've given the links to have come back with variations of "the campaign is half over and only two people have supported it?" Not very encouraging.

JCat, you'd feel even warmer and fuzzier if you waited for the regular production model and gave them $700 :smug:
Nah ... I'm going to give them the $1,000 and get the lifetime warranty and beta access :)

Finally finished catching up on the thread again and definitely want to contribute on Indiegogo but have a similar question about the $250 Trade-In program. I ordered my Cloud last July and wouldn't mind sending it in but if it's working perfectly like it is now then what is the point if I've already registered the warranty with VXC? I hope they do something like Brewer suggested because I don't really want to spend $150 on my ticker's extended warranty and then another $250 for the trade-in program. Hope we get a clear explanation soon, but either way I'm goin for the $250 option or the $350 package (just don't need the mouthpiece or think it's worth the extra $100).

nugghuffer,
Reactions: Buildozer

John Lewus

I don't recall if this had been answered but does the beta program for fanatics mean that they would ship you a beta nimbus to test or do you have to live in and around San Fran? I live in Oregon and am still thinking of becoming a fanatic.

John Lewus,
Reactions: Enchantre

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Really need to get those numbers fixed.
7 takers out of 2750 spots?
Not much of a momentum builder especially with all the excellent new Perk levels.

As I've mentioned I've got two Clouds (one reg /one +). I was having trouble rationalizing a third Cloud, but now it seems as if I could make 2@$250 Perk level donations and get two new Nimbus Clouds! I have been working to get the $ together (and spousal approval) for the $500 level and the additional Nimbus,but this would be even crazier!

Sinclue,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I don't recall if this had been answered but does the beta program for fanatics mean that they would ship you a beta nimbus to test or do you have to live in and around San Fran? I live in Oregon and am still thinking of becoming a fanatic.

Just to clarify, if you are a Nimbus Fanatic, you will be part of all future beta testing. This might mean accessories, vapes, and/or HydraTubes. For Nimbus beta testing, we will send out a few units so you may or may not be on this short list but you will be a part of very small, exclusive testing crowd.

Even though I just spent $599 in April for a Hydracirc 2.0 package, I would be willing to do the $250 Nimbus. I bought the package from you, and registered it with you. However, I will not let a perfectly working cloud leave my house. So if you become a little more flexible, you will have another contribution.

We're figuring out ways to verify ownership without having to send it in. If you registered for the warranty, that is a good step. We will have many ways to have someone prove that they own a Cloud without having to send it in so don't worry about that. It could even be a receipt, a Youtube video, a warranty registration. Just give us some time to figure out all the avenues but don't let not having a Cloud for a few weeks hold you back. We've historically taken the customer's side and we want to make it easy, not difficult for you. We just don't want it to be abused. Hopefully that makes you guys feel a bit more at ease.

SM55 - I already purchased the $350 level but also want to do the SF/Bay Area meetup.. Do I need to do two separate contributions?

If you contribute at any level, you can come to the SF Meetup!

11eleven11

jim-cramer.png

B-b-b-bb-buy!!!

Also, thanks for checking out the reddit thread and voting guys. Very helpful to the campaign. :)

Someone with VXH experience please go answer this guy's question:

Does it roast the load much between hits? I have a habit of spacing out for a bit between hits and with my other vapes I just take the stem out, not sure how that would work with those bowls.
Link

tbill

Just to clarify, if you are a Nimbus Fanatic, you will be part of all future beta testing. This might mean accessories, vapes, and/or HydraTubes. For Nimbus beta testing, we will send out a few units so you may or may not be on this short list but you will be a part of very small, exclusive testing crowd.

We're figuring out ways to verify ownership without having to send it in. If you registered for the warranty, that is a good step. We will have many ways to have someone prove that they own a Cloud without having to send it in so don't worry about that. It could even be a receipt, a Youtube video, a warranty registration. Just give us some time to figure out all the avenues but don't let not having a Cloud for a few weeks hold you back. We've historically taken the customer's side and we want to make it easy, not difficult for you. We just don't want it to be abused. Hopefully that makes you guys feel a bit more at ease.

Why would you even want the headache and shipping cost of doing turnarounds on (working) Clouds? How would you prevent claims that Clouds were working when sent in, but not when gotten back? Some may be telling the truth and some may be taking advantage. At least in my case, it should be simple. You know I bought one previously, so I should be entitled to one $250 Nimbus registered in my name.

tbill,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Someone with VXH experience please go answer this guy's question:

Does it roast the load much between hits? I have a habit of spacing out for a bit between hits and with my other vapes I just take the stem out, not sure how that would work with those bowls.
Link
I am finicky about this, and I would safely say no! It will degrade the smell/tast ever so slightly to put a fresh bowl in and leave it, but within reason timewise, it won't just vape away. The temp in the joint where the ELB and herb go, is too low to kill it; you have to be pulling air through it to get it to really vape ;-)

b0

Cloudy...
Why would you even want the headache and shipping cost of doing turnarounds on (working) Clouds?How would you prevent claims that Clouds were working when sent in, but not when gotten back? Some may be telling the truth and some may be taking advantage. At least in my case, it should be simple. You know I bought one previously, so I should be entitled to one $250 Nimbus registered in my name.

They already said that they are "figuring out ways to verify ownership without having to send it in. If you registered for the warranty, that is a good step. We will have many ways to have someone prove that they own a Cloud without having to send it in so don't worry about that."

Why don't you wait till they say how? :hmm:

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I've been cloudy for over a year and am still learning new things. In the past when vaping hash i have broken it into small bits and mixed it with a little herb. This has worked well but required a lot of stirring to get it to vape everything evenly. So today I decided to live a little and dropped a large nugget of pretty melty hash into a ezlb and went for it at full heat. It was my best hash experience yet with the cloud. It melted into a blob in the bottom of the ezlb and just bubbled away as I took toke after toke. It seems so simple now. Next time I'm going to double the size of the nugget and see how it goes. :D

On a side note I hate sucking in hot air and I keep my cloud in a very hot shed so it and the tube get HOT. But I keep a mini fridge full of beer and a hydratube right next to where I sit. There is nothing like a chilly cool vapor toke. It makes it much cooler then ice cubes in the tube. Try it!

Smoke1ForMe

I am definitely going to be joining the $250 club! Just waiting until I get paid next week. I love the Cloud so much I can't even imagine what the Nimbus is going to bring to the table. I was looking for a backup to my Cloud and now my Cloud will be my back up!! :science:

brewer

Sorry maybe I should have mentioned more.

I PM'd Troi on FC and within 40 seconds he responded back saying my refurbished cloud without a warranty (but still functional) is eligible for the $250 trade-in.

If eligibility is defined broadly; and it's just a matter of determining ownership and NOT that the trade-in Cloud is under warranty still, then I can't think of any reason to require a unit to be sent in...

Stated another way, original cloud's (and cloud +'s) warranties were limited (1) by time; and (2) to the original owner; and (3) to only certain covered defects (not bamboo breakage, etc.); however, if clouds with expired warranties are eligible for trade in then it seems limiting the eligible cloud trade-ins to only original owners is more trouble than it is worth.... Why bother require proof of purchase?

[Edit: a reason to require proof of purchase may be prevent distributors and retailers with Clouds in stock from (deceptively) taking advantage of the promotional offer, and then selling the Cloud, but is there another way to prevent this?]

In other words, if the goal for VapeXhale is to maximize sales of Nimbus and get existing clouds' warranty issues off the market (not saying clouds are bad at all--they are not!--just that it's a cost effective decision by VapeXhale to only sell and service one product line, especially while the company is getting going) then I might just simplify the eligibility standard for the promotional offer to: "anyone who purchased a working cloud or cloud + , and it still works, can take advantage of the trade-in offer."

To prevent fraud (the same Cloud being used to receive multiple nimbus):

Someone stated the Youtube video as an idea... that would work; show the serial number of the cloud and within the same few frames just pan the video of the unit working, i.e., the cloud doing what it does best--making huge clouds :)

brewer,

StonedMMA

Well I will be getting a Nimbus for $250... it does sound like a great deal.

My old clicker is still running perfectly. My none ticking cannabis cup Cloud works as well but rarely gets touched and is still sitting in the closet just in case.

I really can't justify upgrading both of them but I just might have to double up on this as well.

StonedMMA,
Reactions: Sinclue

theCerberus

Excellent.

But this leads to more questions

I am a Nimbus Fanatic.
My cloud (I purchased a month ago) is broken (not glass it just wont heat up), do I have to donate the $250 to get it upgraded to nimbus? Or is this a perk of the Fanatic too?
Also do I need it repaired first before I can upgrade?

Seibo Shen on indiegogo said:
Due to the fact that we have received many, many inquiries regarding people wanting to become a Nimbus Fanatic but needed some time to collect the funds, we will be extending this campaign for another few weeks. Exact specifics to come in the next update! Thanks again for helping us make it to the FRONTPAGE! We are stoked!

While I realize you believe in the community; people will ALWAYS say they need a bit more time to come up with the funds.

The fact is, statistically the closer you are to the end date, the more pressure there is to donate, since its ending soon. If you keep extending it, then that pressure never hits. I think its a poor idea to extend the campaign.

Not that I dont believe the people here are going to donate, its just you will ALWAYS have people saying "if I only had a bit more time" and not all of them are telling the truth.

theCerberus,

Sinclue

Way back in the early days of the Cloud there was much discussion about whether or not current fluctuations, surges, etc. were playing a part in unit failures. As I recall the consensus was that you should at least have a surge protector and if at all practical some sort of power regulating device too. Use of inverters was essentially prohibited.

I'm wondering if that is going to be an issue with the Nimbus or will the electronics be more "robust"?

I ask for a couple of reasons. I'd like to be able to take my Cloud along when I go camping (RV style at my age). I use a sine wave inverter that is rated for all standard electronics including computers. I have a friend who lives entirely off the grid. He gets all his power from an assortment of solar, wind, and water generation. He has a large battery bank. He works out of his home for a well know computer company and his house is filled with computers and experimental electronics...all powered off inverter power from the batteries. He loves my Cloud, but apparently won't buy one because of its electronics issues. Will he be able to use a Nimbus off the grid? Will I be able to take my Nimbus camping?

brewer

Excellent.

But this leads to more questions

I am a Nimbus Fanatic.
My cloud (I purchased a month ago) is broken (not glass it just wont heat up), do I have to donate the $250 to get it upgraded to nimbus? Or is this a perk of the Fanatic too?
Also do I need it repaired first before I can upgrade?

While I realize you believe in the community; people will ALWAYS say they need a bit more time to come up with the funds.

The fact is, statistically the closer you are to the end date, the more pressure there is to donate, since its ending soon. If you keep extending it, then that pressure never hits. I think its a poor idea to extend the campaign.

Not that I dont believe the people here are going to donate, its just you will ALWAYS have people saying "if I only had a bit more time" and not all of them are telling the truth, they just want to sound like they support you.
respectfully disagree; people have budgets and need to plan.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
I see no problem doing a one-time extension...VapeXhale took most of us by surprise when they announced the donation campaign and I know a lot of us (including me) feel they need a little extra time to get the funds together to help them out as much as we can...

Sinclue

I wonder if extending the deadline would push back repairs/upgrades and the Nimbus release date correspondingly?

Sinclue,

theCerberus

Yep, I think the same. Another month is not going to hurt anyone :tup:

Eh, statistically the MOST money comes at the end of the campaign when the pressure is on because the time is running out. I dont want to get into a whole economical financial discussion, but its better to get to the end faster because the pressure will be on at that point. You really want to minimize the amount of days. People dont have much attention span anymore, and it will only be the "hot" item for so long.

Having said that, it probably wont hurt, but is statistically a poor decision. whether you think so or not. Shorter time = more pressure to pull the trigger.

theCerberus,
Reactions: b0
Top Bottom