Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Just received the Cloud+. Does anyone else have issues with the light turning green after 40 seconds from start up? I kind of laughed when it first happened as that would be great but it definitely was not at the right temp. On the original cloud 1-2o'clock was the desired temp that worked for me. i was told with the upgrade it takes 4 minutes....i guess mine is magical. On the cloud+ i am getting a false green light and have no clue where is the right temp i have tried 12 -1-2-3-4 all. I just think something is wrong because it goes green pretty much instantly. At the moment the only way to get a cloud is to turn dial all the way, and wait 10 minutes from start up....that cant be right. ALSO, have you noticed there is no auto shutoff on the cloud+, because mine went over an hour untouched without reverting to flickering and cooling down??? This is all from today. I am going to send back to them, its brand new, i just paid more. And let me not to forget to mention the gaping whole in the central metal enclosure, its mis-aligned, bad construction on mine. I am not here to blast VapeXhale as i love this product, its just a bit disappointing that it took a few weeks to get it after having to pay more money, and have these issues now....altho an extended warranty is probably going to be worth the upgrade alone. just asking if anyone has similar issues? If so what happened.

The light goes green almost instantly, you're right. It's no longer a good gauge to show when it is up to temp. But it's not really necessary (for me at least). I know that it takes at least 10 minutes, so I don't pay attention to the color any longer. No big deal.

The auto shutoff will kick in, but only after about 90 minutes, and it will no longer do the xmas light dance of green/red/green/red.... It just shuts itself off entirely.

Send it back if you like, but I'd think about using it a bit first.:2c:

:peace:

The light goes green almost instantly, you're right. It's no longer a good gauge to show when it is up to temp. But it's not really necessary (for me at least). I know that it takes at least 10 minutes, so I don't pay attention to the color any longer. No big deal.

The auto shutoff will kick in, but only after about 90 minutes, and it will no longer do the xmas light dance of green/red/green/red.... It just shuts itself off entirely.

Send it back if you like, but I'd think about using it a bit first.:2c:

Good Looks, I have been reading around on here and seems this is how it is. Sucks to lose the gauge of temp and xmas dance but i guess there is no way to get it back with the upgraded unit. Those were 2 great features i thought.

durbanpoise,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't think the xmas dance was really a great feature. Sure, it was nice during the holidays, but I could never let myself watch it for too long. Call me weak.

I much prefer the 90 minute timeout over the 60 myself. YMMV.

Nevertheless1090

So, happy Saturday everyone.

The cloud just annihilated me; I'm in the bathroom and the fan in the bathroom sounds like I'm on an airplane right now. Sheesh!

Few updates:
The clouds flavor is superior to the SSV dry mouthpiece/tube. Green pastures was for dessert tonight.
You can successfully run in from 10/11 am - 2/3 pm without it slowing down in terms of density and flavor of hits, actually only gets bigger.
It may have it's cosmetic flaws but this thing is the most outstanding vaporizer I ever had. This is ridiculous.

Let me summarize it... Their name says it all; Vape, Exhale and cloud or cough lol. BRILLIANT, Brilliant I tell ya. Nice Job to all that are involved with this company and product.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
LMAO, I was really stoned when I seen it so I was definitely paranoid and made a quick judgement thinking it broke too. After a minute I thought to myself, I had the Cloud on for a while now, so it has to be the auto timer. I flicked it off and on and saw it went to green, then turned it off because I was finito. I just uploaded now because I fell asleep right after and forgot about it until now. :lol:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
at first I thought it only did that dance for a few seconds when it went into auto shutoff mode. I must have come up on it about five times before I figured it out. so many times I thought I was lucky that I happened to get there just as it was shutting off. fuckin pot!

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Tonights Forecast: CLOUDY

2wf4vpu.jpg

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I was starting to show symptoms of GAS even before getting the Cloud. As my only bub before having a VXC is half broken and not very well working. I thought VXC will cure the VAS and I was afraid it will also kick the GAS to a new level.
Something very different happened...
Seems to me both VAS an GAS are nearly cured by now.
VAS is only almost completely cured because my VXC seems to be one of the worst of these that are working right. It looks to be the most beaten up on the outside reviewed here so far and also two of these four holes in my bamboo have their diameter one milimeter smaller than the bigger ones. Even that milimeter imo makes some drag in the unit. I have not seen a Cloud with holes in bamboo this small. All Clouds I've seen pics from the top or 360 vids had all four of these holes sized like these two bigger ones in my unit.
There is not much drag when pulling slowly or moderately, but on stronger pulls the drag builds a lot and hits my lungpower like a brickwall on a certain point. If I double the lungpower there the arflows doesn't increase much, just starts whistling and the pulling begins to be exhausting.
Is that normal?
Anyway the Cloud still gives me excellent results and I love it. Just because of these minor issues my VAS is not completely at rest. I can see myself getting another Cloud after some years just to fix these. Only when I'm rich and if this one doesn't need warranty in future.

And the GAS - it seems to be almost cured. At least completely when water filtration comes into question. The VX Circ just works so well I don't want another perc. The HT is almost perfect. Some tiny bubbles in the glass doesn't concern me at all. It doesn't stand still as the base is not completely flat, however is stable enough so it isn't that easy to tip over. With a foot its imposible. These issues are simply not enough to make me consider getting more water pieces. Why my GAS is not cured completely is because I would like to get some variety of mouthpieces in the future. And if the circ doesn't break. Its all very thick glass, so it would need a horrible accident to cause that imo.
The current shorty mouthpiece I have is great, i like it. I would just like having few more of them. I think this will make better varienty in the Cloud experience than having a variety of percolators. I know all these percs are bubbling differently. The difference just isn't enough to me to obsessively get a collection of these. One circ is enough for this guy. I would like a straight mouthpiece like it was mentioned here before. The same as the current one, just not bent. And also a cobra style mouthpiece is what I would like to add to my collection. Sometime in the future...

After some experience with the Cloud it seems everything said here to be true about the Plus units. The light goes green very fast, and the temp is usable after somewhere 5 mins in. Also after letting it heat up nicely (15+ mins) it gets even better. I think it works correctly only if you let it heat for a while just like these old units. The difference is the Plus can give you vapors even earlier. Its like the heat up of the core alone is faster, but of course letting the whole bamboo heat up nicely will take as much time as with old units. After 5 mins the core is heated up correctly and the rest of the bamboo is little lower temp. At this point the vape still performs better than all my other vapes, just when the bamboo gets heated up to its full potential the vape outperforms itself.

Also I am getting some white coating on my HT that can't be cleaned with hot water neither with iso. Is it because I use regular water? If so I will start using distilled. Do you know how to clean that? It seems there is no magical PBW here in Europe. Is something similar to PBW out there?

Also I'm yet to explore how long does it take to change temp with this. I like sessions like two hits on 10:30 and then two hits on 3:00. How long should I wait in the middle?
The light goes green instantly. And I see the light clocks at about 10 seconds and also can trigger on multiple occasions like moving the knob. For example when its consistent and i move the knob quickly away and back, it triggers red for that few secs and then it clocks back to green. When i move it a quarter or more it can take more clock cycles to get back to green, but i think the temp does not change that fast. Now i think the core changes its temp almost as quickly as the light, how long it takes to the bamboo to change its temp and change that subtle boost to its proper level? I think its somewhere from 2-8 minutes for a quarter change with the knob.
I believe they will reprogram these lights again sometime in the future to behave more correctly. And as the Cloud generally behaves i would be good to have 3 colors. Red as normally. Green when the core is on temp, which would be similar to current Plus. And then probably a blue when you wait enough when some senzor or algorithmic predictor says all is heated up properly. Haha, just dreaming a bit...

I was starting to show symptoms of GAS even before getting the Cloud. As my only bub before having a VXC is half broken and not very well working. I thought VXC will cure the VAS and I was afraid it will also kick the GAS to a new level.
Something very different happened...
Seems to me both VAS an GAS are nearly cured by now.
VAS is only almost completely cured because my VXC seems to be one of the worst of these that are working right. It looks to be the most beaten up on the outside reviewed here so far and also two of these four holes in my bamboo have their diameter one milimeter smaller than the bigger ones. Even that milimeter imo makes some drag in the unit. I have not seen a Cloud with holes in bamboo this small. All Clouds I've seen pics from the top or 360 vids had all four of these holes sized like these two bigger ones in my unit.
There is not much drag when pulling slowly or moderately, but on stronger pulls the drag builds a lot and hits my lungpower like a brickwall on a certain point. If I double the lungpower there the arflows doesn't increase much, just starts whistling and the pulling begins to be exhausting.
Is that normal?
Anyway the Cloud still gives me excellent results and I love it. Just because of these minor issues my VAS is not completely at rest. I can see myself getting another Cloud after some years just to fix these. Only when I'm rich and if this one doesn't need warranty in future.

And the GAS - it seems to be almost cured. At least completely when water filtration comes into question. The VX Circ just works so well I don't want another perc. The HT is almost perfect. Some tiny bubbles in the glass doesn't concern me at all. It doesn't stand still as the base is not completely flat, however is stable enough so it isn't that easy to tip over. With a foot its imposible. These issues are simply not enough to make me consider getting more water pieces. Why my GAS is not cured completely is because I would like to get some variety of mouthpieces in the future. And if the circ doesn't break. Its all very thick glass, so it would need a horrible accident to cause that imo.
The current shorty mouthpiece I have is great, i like it. I would just like having few more of them. I think this will make better varienty in the Cloud experience than having a variety of percolators. I know all these percs are bubbling differently. The difference just isn't enough to me to obsessively get a collection of these. One circ is enough for this guy. I would like a straight mouthpiece like it was mentioned here before. The same as the current one, just not bent. And also a cobra style mouthpiece is what I would like to add to my collection. Sometime in the future...

After some experience with the Cloud it seems everything said here to be true about the Plus units. The light goes green very fast, and the temp is usable after somewhere 5 mins in. Also after letting it heat up nicely (15+ mins) it gets even better. I think it works correctly only if you let it heat for a while just like these old units. The difference is the Plus can give you vapors even earlier. Its like the heat up of the core alone is faster, but of course letting the whole bamboo heat up nicely will take as much time as with old units. After 5 mins the core is heated up correctly and the rest of the bamboo is little lower temp. At this point the vape still performs better than all my other vapes, just when the bamboo gets heated up to its full potential the vape outperforms itself.

Also I am getting some white coating on my HT that can't be cleaned with hot water neither with iso. Is it because I use regular water? If so I will start using distilled. Do you know how to clean that? It seems there is no magical PBW here in Europe. Is something similar to PBW out there?

Also I'm yet to explore how long does it take to change temp with this. I like sessions like two hits on 10:30 and then two hits on 3:00. How long should I wait in the middle?
The light goes green instantly. And I see the light clocks at about 10 seconds and also can trigger on multiple occasions like moving the knob. For example when its consistent and i move the knob quickly away and back, it triggers red for that few secs and then it clocks back to green. When i move it a quarter or more it can take more clock cycles to get back to green, but i think the temp does not change that fast. Now i think the core changes its temp almost as quickly as the light, how long it takes to the bamboo to change its temp and change that subtle boost to its proper level? I think its somewhere from 2-8 minutes for a quarter change with the knob.
I believe they will reprogram these lights again sometime in the future to behave more correctly. And as the Cloud generally behaves i would be good to have 3 colors. Red as normally. Green when the core is on temp, which would be similar to current Plus. And then probably a blue when you wait enough when some senzor or algorithmic predictor says all is heated up properly. Haha, just dreaming a bit...
this is why I likw the ticking. Because you would always know when it heated because the ticking would stop. I never go by the lights anymore.

VapeNStone,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
Well after living with my new Cloud+ replacement for a couple of days I've been noticing that it just isn't generating clouds as well as my old unit was and I'm having to set the knob at 3 O'Clock just to get similar results that I had with the my old original Cloud set at 12:00. Well I have discovered a defect which is partially the culprit and I need to share and hopefully find out if anyone else has the following problem:

The 18mm male joint on the bamboo of my new Cloud+ is defective in that it doesn't fit perfectly to either my Mobius Ion Matrix or Evolver Hydracirc 2.0. The fit is so bad that I can wobble the pieces back and forth when they are mated together and there is definitely air bypassing the bamboo at the joint which is diluting my "clouds" when I take a hit. My old Cloud (original) did not have this problem and it fit my glass perfectly. This is not acceptable to me and it looks like another support ticket is in order (sigh...). :doh:

I've uploaded a couple of vids from my iPhone to my Photobucket account. Aparently I can't embed video from Photobucket but If you click on the images below they should play the vids in a separate window. Turn your volume up to hear the sound of the pieces rocking back and forth due to the poor fit of the bamboo's male joint.

I'd really like to know if anyone else has a Cloud with a sloppy fit like this.

(click on the images to play the videos):

Budzman,
^It looks like your bamboo is positioned a bit low. Would pushing it up maybe cause it to mate more perfectly? I know other ppl have had to do similar.

mrboote,

elixsor

Just be careful doing any pushing dont think that broken bamboo falls under a warranty repair does it?

elixsor,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
^It looks like your bamboo is positioned a bit low. Would pushing it up maybe cause it to mate more perfectly? I know other ppl have had to do similar.
No, the bamboo is not too low. The glass on both pieces have a good 1/8" clearance from the metal housing when fully inserted to the male joint. I also have an 18mm slide stand I can put on the Cloud and it also "wobbles" and I can clearly see through the glass that the tapers just don't match.

Edit: Here's a couple of pics that show that the bamboo is NOT set too low:

Connection to Evolver Hydracerc:
61B713A1-0090-450D-9C05-A9EAF4183302-10571-000003358C3F065F_zps0c89f784.jpg~original

Connection to Mobius Ion Matrix:
9747E810-5884-4702-B45C-273D509014BC-10571-00000335A4256CE6_zpsbac668fd.jpg~original

Budzman,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Well after living with my new Cloud+ replacement for a couple of days I've been noticing that it just isn't generating clouds as well as my old unit was and I'm having to set the knob at 3 O'Clock just to get similar results that I had with the my old original Cloud set at 12:00. Well I have discovered a defect which is partially the culprit and I need to share and hopefully find out if anyone else has the following problem:

The 18mm male joint on the bamboo of my new Cloud+ is defective in that it doesn't fit perfectly to either my Mobius Ion Matrix or Evolver Hydracirc 2.0. The fit is so bad that I can wobble the pieces back and forth when they are mated together and there is definitely air bypassing the bamboo at the joint which is diluting my "clouds" when I take a hit. My old Cloud (original) did not have this problem and it fit my glass perfectly. This is not acceptable to me and it looks like another support ticket is in order (sigh...). :doh:

I've uploaded a couple of vids from my iPhone to my Photobucket account. Aparently I can't embed video from Photobucket but If you click on the images below they should play the vids in a separate window. Turn your volume up to hear the sound of the pieces rocking back and forth due to the poor fit of the bamboo's male joint.

I'd really like to know if anyone else has a Cloud with a sloppy fit like this.

(click on the images to play the videos):

Just be careful doing any pushing dont think that broken bamboo falls under a warranty repair does it?

If done correctly, there shouldn't be any risk...Many members have had to do this, and have to overt time...IIRC a VXL rep once mentioned that if your new Cloud comes with it's bamboo too low (either too close to the surface below the Cloud, or too low for a HT or other glass to properly seal,) it is safe and recommended to slightly push it up. The Bamboo is not fused in place, yet held very tightly, and evenly; therefor, you can move it carefully.

The bamboo is adjustable, gently push in the desired direction. If you hear a slight "creaking" sound, this is normal.

No, the bamboo is not too low. The glass on both pieces have a good 1/8" clearance from the metal housing when fully inserted to the male joint. I also have an 18mm slide stand I can put on the Cloud and it also "wobbles" and I can clearly see through the glass that the tapers just don't match.
Edit* you beat me back to it...sorry the above info isn't relavent to you now...Looks like a support ticket is your best bet! Sorry to hear about your situation! ** there is supposed to be some wiggle, to aid in removing the cloud from glass, etc...but only in part of the taper...It should wiggle, yet seal at the same time...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't like that pic of the Cloud sitting on the Ion with a gap between them. My Cloud sits on top of my Ion with the top of the unit resting on the bubbler. I don't think mine makes a complete glass seal, as there is just a little bit of play in it...but I like this as I know it will never get stuck. But I would feel weird having my Cloud sit on top of my Ion like in that pic...looks precarious, like it could break off.

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
Yeah, the bamboo may be set a little high, but as it is now the bottom of the bamboo clears the table top by an 1/8" like it's supposed to. If I push the bamboo down far enough for the glass to have some support from the metal housing then the bottom of the bamboo will be touching the table top and of course that will restrict the air flow (unless the Cloud is held off the table of course).

The real problem is that the joint just doesn't seal well at all. I can put a rubber stopper in the bottom of the bamboo and I'm still able to draw air through my Glass which shows there's a lot of leakage at the joint. The other bothersome thing is that I can rock the Glass (or the Cloud) back and forth more in one axis than in another which leads me to believe that the male joint is slightly out of round as well as not being the correct taper.

Budzman,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I don't like that pic of the Cloud sitting on the Ion with a gap between them. My Cloud sits on top of my Ion with the top of the unit resting on the bubbler. I don't think mine makes a complete glass seal, as there is just a little bit of play in it...but I like this as I know it will never get stuck. But I would feel weird having my Cloud sit on top of my Ion like in that pic...looks precarious, like it could break off.

When I received my ticker, in august of '12, the bamboo was positioned in such a way that there is always a gap, even with recessed joints like that of the Ion. Occasionally, I have to adjust my bamboo up, as T-Dub and other members have mentioned. I feel like I would rather have a gap, and a perfect seal, than have the metal of the Cloud come in contact with every glass piece I mate it with...Here is what my Cloud looks like mated with my FC bubbler from GBD, and a pic of the bottom of my bamboo. The flare of my bamboo rests against the bottom of the Cloud...far away from the table, or anything below the Cloud. YMMV but this is how I like mine :)

I don't think the gap between the GONG and the Cloud's housing creates much additional risk of it breaking...I don't think that it would be much more likely to survie a hit or fall if it was snugged up against the Glass...But that's just IMO. I also like being able to see this section of the bamboo to keep it clean.

Not that it's great for your glass, cause it can potentially weaken it by creating a vacuum, but if you put your cloud on a glass piece, and cover the bottom of the bamboo with your hand or finger, and inhale through your glass piece, you can tell if it's making a seal. Seal = no way for you to inhale. No seal/bad seal = ability to inhale, while bottom of cloud is blocked. When my bamboo settles down, and the metal comes in contact with my pieces, I no longer get a complete seal, and get diluted Clouds.

Purpl3_Haz3,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I wonder if the issue is actually with the Evolver rather than the Cloud.

I have an "original" unit, too. There is play in the joint with not only my Ion, but also my Clear Reti and Clear Matrix. I use a CloudBuddy to get a good seal. With other pieces, the Cloud fits fine. Since the joint "standard" is 18/19, there can be slight differences from one piece to the next. None of my other pieces are as "loose" as my Mobius. Additionally, IIRC VXL slightly shaves the joint to prevent locks. If the female joint on a piece is already wee larger than others, as my Mobius apparently is, and the Cloud's male is shaved a wee bit, together that could result in some looseness.

But what should be a solid fit is any of the HT's. If the Mobius is removed from the equation because of the above, that leaves either the Cloud male joint or the Evolver female as the culprit.

Budzman, do you by chance have access to another HT so you could compare that to the Evolver?

oldiebutgoodie,

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
... if you put your cloud on a glass piece, and cover the bottom of the bamboo with your hand or finger, and inhale through your glass piece, you can tell if it's making a seal. Seal = no way for you to inhale. No seal/bad seal = ability to inhale, while bottom of cloud is blocked. When my bamboo settles down, and the metal comes in contact with my pieces, I no longer get a complete seal, and get diluted Clouds.
And that is my problem, i.e. ability to inhale, while bottom of cloud (bamboo) is blocked. And the result is I'm getting diluted clouds which is what drew my attention to this problem in the first place.

Upon further examination I'm finding that the only point of contact between the working end of the bamboo (the male joint) and the female end of my glass pieces is at the larger (18mm) end of the male taper. The small end of the male taper of the bamboo is not touching anything when inserted into my glass pieces, hence the wobble. What I hate about this (besides the leakage) is that the stresses seen in a single point of contact (the circumference of the large end of the male joint) is much worse at that single point of contact than if the stresses were distributed evenly along the entire length of the tapered joint like it should be.

Here's a quick drawing I made to illustrate the problem:

CloudSchematic_zpsa1d84f52.jpg~original

I wonder if the issue is actually with the Evolver rather than the Cloud.
Budzman, do you by chance have access to another HT so you could compare that to the Evolver?
All I can say that I didn't have this issue with my original Cloud. Both the Ion and Evolver fit it perfectly. The fact that both the Ion and Evolver fit so badly on my new Cloud+ pretty much says that the male joint on this new bamboo is at fault. The only other piece of glass I can test with is my 18mm female slide stand which also wobbles when placed on the Cloud+.

Budzman,
Top Bottom