Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Nosferatu

Wow that is a big improvement to the original launch Clouds! Heat up time and the quick autoturnoff being my biggest gripes with the cloud,I'm glad to hear this.

My Cloud is now having problems with the LED, sometimes it will just flash red forever even if the cloud seems to be getting hot, or it will flash sporadically. I emailed the company and I have the option of paying $150 for the Cloud Plus. I paid alot for the original Cloud which is now breaking from normal use, I don't see how with warranty I don't deserve a new Cloud Plus but have to pay so much? How is that a good warranty? Even so, I believe in the product so I'm willing to pay this "upgrade" price for the new features of the Plus just this once. Although if the new model breaks do I have to pay $150 again for a replacement?

Nosferatu,
Reactions: ernie
Hey guys, thinking of getting a Cloud Plus. Just one question.

Would anyone using the Cloud Plus say the heat up time issue has really been adressed? I know it can depend on your enviorments tepurature but in reality my oldschool clicker cloud takes like 20 minutes to get to the point of thick vapor. Sure it goes green in 7-10 minutes but no way is the vapor as good as when its been on for a long time. I find I tend to always keep my cloud on because of this. Does the Cloud Plus actually heat up ffster or is the light just going green at a lower temp?
IDK what everyone is talking about with this. I got my old ticker last year apirl and it heats up in 10 minutes and is ready to go.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Wow that is a big improvement to the original launch Clouds! Heat up time and the quick autoturnoff being my biggest gripes with the cloud,I'm glad to hear this.

My Cloud is now having problems with the LED, sometimes it will just flash red forever even if the cloud seems to be getting hot, or it will flash sporadically. I emailed the company and I have the option of paying $150 for the Cloud Plus. I paid alot for the original Cloud which is now breaking from normal use, I don't see how with warranty I don't deserve a new Cloud Plus but have to pay so much? How is that a good warranty? Even so, I believe in the product so I'm willing to pay this "upgrade" price for the new features of the Plus just this once. Although if the new model breaks do I have to pay $150 again for a replacement?

I assume yours is still under warranty? If so, the upgrade will get you the new cloud plus and an extension to your existing warranty(from 1 year to 3, I think). If, after receiving your upgraded unit, it were to break, I think you'd just go through the standard warranty procedure.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
did anyone see the tube on instagram? congrats t dub!
Thanks Xchadb. Here is the pic, I am extremely humbled, and thankful, that SM would consider parting with the piece, its quite a blessing indeed :)

workedinline.jpg

SD_haze

That little tiny mouthpiece (cobra style) has got to be a decent performance difference compared to the standard SSFG Inline HT (which is reported to be the least restricted).

Though the hole does look to be on the bigger side of the cobra-style mouthpieces, should work great with the low volume hydratubes!

:clap::tup::rockon:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Here's a quick tip to anyone who gets the "spot" of vapor condensation on their HTs at the point where the vapor first hits the glass straight on. The "spot" was always the hardest part for me to clean when I would use iso and salt. I've discovered however that the easiest way to remove that one spot that is always the hardest to clean is to just invert the HT and put a small amount of iso into the female joint (inverted). This allows the iso to disolve the "spot" without the need of endless shaking with iso and salt (or PBW or SG or whatever).
2vrs9ck.jpg

:2c:

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Here's a quick tip to anyone who gets the "spot" of vapor condensation on their HTs at the point where the vapor first hits the glass straight on. The "spot" was always the hardest part for me to clean when I would use iso and salt. I've discovered however that the easiest way to remove that one spot that is always the hardest to clean is to just invert the HT and put a small amount of iso into the female joint (inverted). This allows the iso to disolve the "spot" without the need of endless shaking with iso and salt (or PBW or SG or whatever).
2vrs9ck.jpg

:2c:

i do something similar...after a nice iso shake, i make sure there is iso in the "spot" then i take a pipe cleaner, fold about a 1/2 inch of one end back on itself to make the end a bit thicker. then with the iso still inside, i stick the pipe cleaner in and spin the bend over end on the spot. follow this with a quick blast of hot water and you have a spotless ht in about 2min

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
i do something similar...after a nice iso shake, i make sure there is iso in the "spot" then i take a pipe cleaner, fold about a 1/2 inch of one end back on itself to make the end a bit thicker. then with the iso still inside, i stick the pipe cleaner in and spin the bend over end on the spot. follow this with a quick blast of hot water and you have a spotless ht in about 2min

I am having trouble with my Swagger Showercap - I get it clean with ISO but getting all the water out is a bitch. There is always a few drops left in the lower chamber surrounding the female joint. What I have been doing is after an ISO bath I blow as much water out as possible and then using a blow dryer I get the water dried up with heat. I don't like doing this and hope someone has a few tips. I saw a video that tdub posted at one time but I don't have quite the cleaning set up that he has as he uses a small hose with a plug and forces water through the unit to flush it. The piece is made to eliminate the chance of spill back into your cloud and that they have certainly accomplished but cleaning it is proving to be difficult. I will say though that I love this fucking piece - it is ridiculous how well it works with such a small tiny drop of water that its mind boggling to me.

Nosferatu

I agree, goes to show how little water filtration is necessary for great vapor. Try air drying it hanging upside down, or if necessary use compressed air. Iv'e found compressed air great for drying glass equipment or easy load bowls.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Just got home late last night from a business trip and finally got to break out my cloud today - dang I frickin' love that thing! .04 g's of some stinky just knocked me on my ass - thanks SM55! It's funny too, everyone that I have let try the cloud starts with the following two words when I ask them what they thought - HOLY SHIT!

There should be t-shirts with the VXC monkey on the front and on the back just write "holy shit!"

***edit*** I just timed my cloud - straight sober to fucking retarded in 12 minutes flat! :rockon:

Qbit

cannabanana
OK thanks.

I was actually looking for some info to help fill out this vaporizer comparison table, and I'm need a few cells filled for the Cloud. Namely, length of the warranty, whether or not it's possible to do oils in it, and how long it takes to warm up to minimum vaping temperature (where you can begin to see vapour) from a cold start on a maximum setting. Eg my Silver Surfer takes perhaps 3 minutes to reach maximum temperature when set to max, but only about 30 seconds to actually start getting visible clouds - so I list it that value as 30 seconds.

Also, if anyone would like to nitpick the info on the Cloud that's already there, I'm all ears. The optimal load size might be worth getting more opinions on. I currently have it at 0.1 - 0.2g - is this accurate?

For any other non-Cloud suggestions you might have, I refer you to the 'Ask FC' thread on the subject of the chart.

Qbit,
Top Bottom