Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Well I'm not really sure...could it be because I put ice cube on top?
Maybe, I think I will never put ice into HT in fear of water overfilling and leaking. Leaking can kill Cloud easily. This can happen when water gets in the Cloud, Alaac81's sad accident, mabe it's the same death:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-41#post-206705
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-42#post-206828

cloud 450$
4XELB 20$
NYC shipping 17$
Israel shipping 50$
Customs + fine 160$

total cost 697$

I don't think Clouds will be sold at 450$. Don't know the price exactly, just my guestimation. I think you should wait for warrantied international units, and hopefully, standalone Clouds will be available that time just ideally for you.
4XELB 20$ - ELB's aren't damaged, right? Maybe one. And that you get with the Cloud I think.
NYC shipping 17$
Israel shipping 50$
Customs + fine 160$ - I also think this could be lower for standalone Cloud.

In total I think it's 500$. That's so sad. :ugh::cry:

Seek,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Maybe, I think I will never put ice into HT in fear of water overfilling and leaking. Leaking can kill Cloud easily. This can happen when water gets in the Cloud, Alaac81's sad accident, mabe it's the same death:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-41#post-206705
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-42#post-206828

I don't think Clouds will be sold at 450$. Don't know the price exactly, just my guestimation. I think you should wait for warrantied international units, and hopefully, standalone Clouds will be available that time just ideally for you.
4XELB 20$ - ELB's aren't damaged, right? Maybe one. And that you get with the Cloud I think.
NYC shipping 17$
Israel shipping 50$
Customs + fine 160$ - I also think this could be lower for standalone Cloud.

In total I think it's 500$. That's so sad. :ugh::cry:

Yep this is exactly the same thing that happened to me...I shouldn't have put ice...

ELB are ok...just without a standalone I am force to buy it all again...

On the bright note...I got promoted and double my salary...

I will wait for the proper version this time...I learned my lesson and I supported VXL and will do again ... so ... its all for the best I hope/guess/want

m0sh,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Yep this is exactly the same thing that happened to me...I shouldn't have put ice...

ELB are ok...just without a standalone I am force to buy it all again...

On the bright note...I got promoted and double my salary...

I will wait for the proper version this time...I learned my lesson and I supported VXL and will do again ... so ... its all for the best I hope/guess/want

m0sh, sorry to hear about your loss :-(. This is my single greatest worry. I always put water in, and triple check the joint with my pinky and paper towel to make sure it's not leaking.

Congrats on the promotion though :-)

----

Today I tried room temperature Poland spring bottled water, and it got way to warm when I emptied it for my liking. Not sure what I should do about this LOL. Also, still debating how I should clean the hydratree.

newVaper420,

m0sh

So water leaked due to ice...I mean...its because the glass pathway was exposed to water?

Damn...I hope this will be addressed... if possible it can break too easily then IMO

m0sh, sorry to hear about your loss :-(. This is my single greatest worry. I always put water in, and triple check the joint with my pinky and paper towel to make sure it's not leaking.

Congrats on the promotion though :-)

----

Today I tried room temperature Poland spring bottled water, and it got way to warm when I emptied it for my liking. Not sure what I should do about this LOL. Also, still debating how I should clean the hydratree.

Sorry m0sh, thats a bummer. Good job on the promotion!

Thanks for the support...I just have to accept this and sooner I do I will feel much better :)

m0sh,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
So water leaked due to ice...I mean...its because the glass pathway was exposed to water?

Damn...I hope this will be addressed... if possible it can break too easily then IMO

Yes, that's what happened. When the water hits the hot glass, it creates thermal shock and the glass can't take it. A "check" valve for lack of a better understanding would be something they can put in a tube to only allow air to go one way. Not sure if it would stop water, or how they could make it. Actually, I kind of have an idea using glass, but not sure if it's possible LOL. I know nothing about blowing glass.

Edit: Or use the numerous glass pieces that can't possibly get water back to the Cloud.

newVaper420,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
They say to control the water level the whole time ice is there. I think ice should be forbidden just preventively. You can forget then regret.

Seek,
Reactions: darkrom

Buyola

I have been keeping my HT in the freezer. I dry the bottom with a lens shammy(small soft towel) and hit the first one dry. I then add very little water just above the slits in the ht. Two more hits and im done! I then rinse the Hydra and back in the freezer. rinse,freeze,vape!

Buyola,

jdee

Aren't some people filling the inner glass tubes with iso to clean it, and if that's the case how can water in the tube be the reason the unit died..? I did notice that I could create suction on the hydratube using my finger to create a vacuum in the gong joint causing water to come out the bottom. This never happened to me during actual use, maybe the amount of suction created is related to how tightly packed your ELB is.

jdee,

m0sh

Yes, that's what happened. When the water hits the hot glass, it creates thermal shock and the glass can't take it. A "check" valve for lack of a better understanding would be something they can put in a tube to only allow air to go one way. Not sure if it would stop water, or how they could make it. Actually, I kind of have an idea using glass, but not sure if it's possible LOL. I know nothing about blowing glass.

Edit: Or use the numerous glass pieces that can't possibly get water back to the Cloud.

Argh...this could happen easily then, **** :(

m0sh,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, yea, that really does suck. Personally, I never use ice anymore, too much of a hassle for me.

When I first got my unit, I thought my hydratube was leaky. I had left it on the table overnight with water in it, and there was a wet spot in the morning. I think I had too much water in it, actually. I have monitored the water level closely since then without problem.

BTW, I MUCH prefer using the Cloud through my Mobius or any another glass piece. I very rarely use the hydratube anymore...

Tstat,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
First Impressions of the Cloud: Wow - this thing gets you really, and I mean REALLY, high!! Nearly passed out twice from just two ELBs last night... and that was over the span of five hours. Talk about a little going a long way with this thing! Smoking on some House of Funk Arctic Fallout (Chem '91 Skunk VA X Bodhi Snow Lotus) with a small chunk of 25 micron bubble hash sandwiched in the middle. Think is almost overpowering despite the very high tolerance I've built for myself.

Seriously, this thing had sent me to the moon and back. Hadn't been that high in a loooooong time!

DSCN4098.jpg

DSCN4099.jpg

rsz_dscn4103.jpg

m0sh

Aren't some people filling the inner glass tubes with iso to clean it, and if that's the case how can water in the tube be the reason the unit died..? I did notice that I could create suction on the hydratube using my finger to create a vacuum in the gong joint causing water to come out the bottom. This never happened to me during actual use, maybe the amount of suction created is related to how tightly packed your ELB is.

Ok, unit is not "dead".
It works but since the glass pathway is ruined and the heater is exposed - my cloud now combusts

Wow, yea, that really does suck. Personally, I never use ice anymore, too much of a hassle for me.

When I first got my unit, I thought my hydratube was leaky. I had left it on the table overnight with water in it, and there was a wet spot in the morning. I think I had too much water in it, actually. I have monitored the water level closely since then without problem.

BTW, I MUCH prefer using the Cloud through my Mobius or any another glass piece. I very rarely use the hydratube anymore...

Interesting...actually I might prefer that as well..if I'm in risk...

I will try to see if my HT is leaking anyway...

m0sh,

machomet

It was a long 5 month wait for me, so I respect the guys who had to wait two years. For the dude who posted above about Christmas, I would be a bit cautious bragging because there are people here who actually pre ordered the unit who just got fucked. Not cool..

I apologize if it sounded like bragging. I am just very excited for the Cloud to arrive, I did not have any intention for it to sound like "bragging".

machomet,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I apologize if it sounded like bragging. I am just very excited for the Cloud to arrive, I did not have any intention for it to sound like "bragging".

You don't have to apologize for anything. If anyone was out of line here, it was Venomous.

pakalolo,
Reactions: machomet

Vessel

I was going to post a picture of eric cartmen holding a cloud in light of that post but decided against it.

The consensus seems that the cloud is thoroughly more efficient and effective in medicating ones self than any other desktop vape, perhaps a exception being log vapes. I see a few issues with longevity but looking at how big this thread is and how many people have a cloud I would say this seems to really not be to big of issue. User error tho does seem easy to come by which kind of scares me.

The ssv seems like a solid choice with clean air-path and legs to run a few yrs. Though if the Cloud is as big of game changer as far as vapor quality and efficiency goes then I of course would love to have that in place of my eq - I w/could probably end up getting both, but it probably would be best to get the cloud first and see for my self.

Vessel,

Marvc

Is there any info on how these will be priced individually. I'm interested in seeing whats priced higher, the actual cloud or the evolver hydratube. But I really want to see what new tubes they come out with mostly. I'm thinking of getting nice piece to go along with my cloud, but I want to see what vapexhale hasn store first.

Marvc,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've heard that the hydra tubes will be $225 when sold separately, but I'm not sure if that refers to the VXC ones, with Evolvers being more, or :shrug:
That would put my guestimate at a $325-350ish range for a solo release if/when that happens.

It's pretty much entirely speculation on my part though... So take it with a grain of salt :)

Frederick McGuire,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
somebody is listing a HT in the classifieds in the $225 price range, claiming that this will be close to the price of the new HT's when they are available. I can't say this is true by any means, but it gave me some kind of possible price point to go by for future HT's.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: darkrom

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I would never pay more than $200 for a HT. I mean they are very well made with heavy glass and all, but if I am going to plunk down close to $300 for glass, it's going to be a pretty nice tube or bubbler! I think it is awesome the VXL packages the hydratubes with the Cloud. It gets people to look at vaporization in a new way- through high quality glass instead of bags or whips.

BUT, once you see how great the HT experience is, try it with a nice quality piece of stand-alone glass. Once you do, you will probably catch the glass bug! Although I have pretty much settled into a routine of using a couple of pieces exclusively with the Cloud. I still need to pick up a 45 degree adapter to use with a few of my pieces...

Tstat,

max

Out to lunch
They say to control the water level the whole time ice is there. I think ice should be forbidden just preventively. You can forget then regret.
I agree. Bongs set up to accomodate ice have been around for a while, and because of that I can see why the ice option has been included on some HT's, but since this isn't a bong, and accidents can happen, using ice in the HT with the Cloud is just a bad idea IMO. 'The Rooster', over in the Glass section, isn't even a vape fan, but he IS a glass guy, and does NOT advise using ice. Considering what can happen with the Cloud, if the water level isn't right, I'd say using ice is definitely asking for trouble. It wouldn't surprise me to see VXL adopt an anti-ice policy and quit producing/selling HT's with ice pinches. It may be a good idea for them to put a sticker on all HT's, saying 'do not fill past here' or something to that effect.

Spiritwalker

I don't see what the problem is with ice in the ht?? I have the sgw with ice pinches, I fill it up with water all the way, then let it drain so water naturally settles just above slits. An ice cube or 2 never overflows it. Love using ice in the ht! Or whats wrong with using ice without water for better flavor?

Keep up the ice Pinches Vxl!

Spiritwalker,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't see what the problem is with ice in the ht?? I have the sgw with ice pinches, I fill it up with water all the way, then let it drain so water naturally settles just above slits. An ice cube or 2 never overflows it. Love using ice in the ht! Or whats wrong with using ice without water for better flavor?

Have you not read the previous couple of pages?

SD_haze

An ice cube just destroyed mosh's vapexhale, that's the problem :ko:
Although, I'm sure each individual HT might be more, or less, susceptible to that actually happening

If you realllly want an icy toke without any possibility of overfilling, you can buy these and customize the exact length/size/shape of the re-usable ice cubes. The thing that makes these actually stand out, is even if you're actually smoking through them, all day every day, they apparently never collect resin.
http://icytokes.com/

the_icy_toke__for_webpage_.png

Found these guys at the 2012 kush con I think it was

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm at the point where you fuckers have me scared to use the hydratube at all :shrug:

On the plus side it mates PERFECTLY with my thermovape. I think its a win win.

darkrom,
Top Bottom