Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

darkrom

Great Scott!
I can't handle talk of the cloud dying. You guys are bumming me out :p I know its covered, but really I already don't want it to leave my hands.

darkrom,
Reactions: SD_haze

webb

Level 100 Lurker
Watching this thread has been killing me. I'm seriously considering asking a buddy for a hundred bucks or so in order to get this thing.

webb,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So I'm sitting there thinking "meh I'm about as high as the other vapes." A minute or 2 more passes and WOOOSH. Over medicated rapidly.

Welcome to Slothdom darkrom. :tup: Kicks the HAs butt eh?

Alfa-Romeo-Sloth.jpg

SD_haze

Clouds been broken for like 3 days and still waiting for confirmation to send it back in :zzz:

If only the hydratube worked well enough with my log vapes =/
Ah ha, so it turns out if its been 2-3+ days and you havent heard back, just send VXL another email. I just slipped through the cracks, Bryan thought I already received the 2nd email.

SD_haze,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
I sold my HA to a friend a while ago. The HA stunk (literally) but was a good vape. Nothing to compare to this, but they are in drastically different budgets. This would be the vape I'll tell people to get for home...IF they can afford it. To a once a week user I don't know that its worth it, but to someone who vapes often I think it very much is.

The next time I try it will be through my bubbler.

Before I was scared to let people use it for fear of exhaling into it. Now I'm also scared of my backup plan of letting them use it in the bubbler the "foolproof" way. The issue being the glass joint on the cloud. Can you tell how horrified I am about that ONE part breaking? The rest of it is definitely going to be safe.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Perhaps. Just picked this one up about a month ago, so I don't know if I'm quite willing to part with it yet.

Keep it as a backup. Its a nice vape since its a pimped out DBV more or less. I've always wanted to integrate one into a car, but the roads here would not agree with that idea.

darkrom,

webb

Level 100 Lurker
Keep it as a backup. Its a nice vape since its a pimped out DBV more or less. I've always wanted to integrate one into a car, but the roads here would not agree with that idea.
Haha, I've done that with a power inverter and the hands-free adapter. I bet its possible to do this with the Cloud as well, it would just take more focus and care.

webb,

Marvc

How long to turn green? Mine flickered green for a sec but then went back red. And when do I put the ez bowl in?

Thx

Marvc,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
give it a good solid 15-20mins to get up to temp. I only put the ELB in when I am ready to take a hit, then I remove mine, so my herb doesn't heat, unless i forget. :ko: Mine will also flicker to red and green while it is getting warmed up, and for a few mins after it starts to stabilize. Once it's fully warm, it stays green until I hit it, cooling the air inside a bit. light ticking sound is good...means it's heating.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The issue being the glass joint on the cloud. Can you tell how horrified I am about that ONE part breaking? The rest of it is definitely going to be safe.
I think the boro is stronger than you give it credit for, but being careful is best. The only thing I can think of not to do, besides the obvious, is not to twist when removing the HT from the Cloud base. This can be easy to thoughtlessly do. IIRC they designed a slight taper on the joint so a gentle rock will free a "sticky" HT. You just don't want to loosen/dislodge the glass air path.

t-dub,

skyline

Before I was scared to let people use it for fear of exhaling into it. Now I'm also scared of my backup plan of letting them use it in the bubbler the "foolproof" way. The issue being the glass joint on the cloud. Can you tell how horrified I am about that ONE part breaking? The rest of it is definitely going to be safe.

I used to be a bit iffy about getting the cloud for these same reasons. I decided that for bong noobs, I'll only use the cloud with a 18mm downstem as the mouthpiece and we'd just pass it around and hit it like a pipe. This way, you wouldn't be sliding the cloud's joint in and out of something and you also eliminate the risk of anyone blowing water back into your unit.

max

Out to lunch
How long to turn green? Mine flickered green for a sec but then went back red. And when do I put the ez bowl in?

Thx
Have you seen this? There are other Cloud vids too. Search 'Vapexhale Cloud'. Please don't ask for a step by step tutorial here.

max,

Sir vapes a lot

Making smokers jealous
I think i went overboard because I've been waiting so long but I've already vaped 3 elbs and some dry sift. i just can't stop because I'm so impressed. and it shines on bigger pieces like my phire legacy 12 arm beaker with a luke wilson 10 arm downstem. bowls cash pretty fast though, about 4 or so hits if/if not a power lung. But that is not a bad thing seeing as you are getting all the meds is that many hits.

Sir vapes a lot,

SD_haze

I think the boro is stronger than you give it credit for, but being careful is best. The only thing I can think of not to do, besides the obvious, is not to twist when removing the HT from the Cloud base. This can be easy to thoughtlessly do. IIRC they designed a slight taper on the joint so a gentle rock will free a "sticky" HT. You just don't want to loosen/dislodge the glass air path.
Never heard the tip not to twist the HT off the cloud base. I'm always used to twisting things apart with a ground glass connection and probably did that every time I used it.

Is the glass tube getting loose/moving the reason you're not supposed to do that?

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
When using a twisting motion, it rotated the glass inside my Cloud a smidgen. I won't do that again and just thought I would pass the experience along.

t-dub,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I think i went overboard because I've been waiting so long but I've already vaped 3 elbs and some dry sift. i just can't stop because I'm so impressed. and it shines on bigger pieces like my phire legacy 12 arm beaker with a luke wilson 10 arm downstem. bowls cash pretty fast though, about 4 or so hits if/if not a power lung. But that is not a bad thing seeing as you are getting all the meds is that many hits.

Yea, I know the feeling. One of my problems with it, is how efficient it is. It takes me about 8 - 10 mins for one cloud of around .2. It takes me like 45 minutes for .2 with my EQ. So I have to say to myself, ok, give it like 15 mins to work, and you are going to be on a Cloud. :-) I absolutely love it. Best thing I ever bought. My rule is, I'm allowed to hit only 1 Cloud at a time, give it 30 mins, and then if I'm still in pain, I can go for another.

Never heard the tip not to twist the HT off the cloud base. I'm always used to twisting things apart with a ground glass connection and probably did that every time I used it.

Is the glass tube getting loose/moving the reason you're not supposed to do that?

Same here. On the instructions, it just says not to twist the glass inside the machine, but doesn't say not to twist the HT off the glass joint.

When using a twisting motion, it rotated the glass inside my Cloud a smidgen. I won't do that again and just thought I would pass the experience along.

I'll have to be more mindful of what I'm doing now. Just pull straight up?

Anyhow, today is day 3 of it. I tell you, I keep losing literal time with this thing. I feel like I've had it for months. I can't tell when I talked to people, LOL. It's amazing. Definitely helps with the stomach pains. I agree with Darkrom's assessment as I have previously mentioned. This thing is incredible. I really didn't have $500 to spend, but I am so glad I did. :-) I need to get more glass, but good glass costs $300 and up, and I just definitely can't afford that now.

newVaper420,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So testing it with my bubbler (no name but decent, nowhere near quality of Evolver LOL) it has WAYYYY less drag. Its quite possible that I've over filled the HC the first time and I did go on the heavy side. Its not a big deal. I enjoyed both but the HC took a lot more effort. I'll use less water next time I get a chance to use the HC. Maybe it'll be nice to have options. The HC didn't really milk but I got good hits and amazing effects.

With the bubbler I filled about 25% of the ELB and took it for a spin. Milked the bubbler with ease. Barely rested the GONG in the bubbler to make a seal and instant milking with no resistance. Very different from the HC, but there are so many things I can change before I can even claim that as a fact. More testing is in order for sure.

I love it. Great results with lots or little bud. I'm going to test how little I can get away with next time and go log vape size. My idea is to pack an underdog bowl the way I normally would and then dump it into the ELB. Test it out. Most objective way I can think to compare to my other experiences.

I want to like the HC better, but using that bubbler was so effortless. Its like they are both on extreme ends of the spectrum :D I think that means I made 2 good choices.

darkrom,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Perhaps. Just picked this one up about a month ago, so I don't know if I'm quite willing to part with it yet.

fwiw, the ssv was my daily driver for big hits (paired it with a log vape) until I got my cloud, then I retired the ssv. I hit it one more time a few months later and never wanted to hit it again. Traded it for another vape.

It's good to have a backup in case the cloud dies, but otherwise you will never use that thing again.

stickstones,
I am interested in getting one of these but does anyone know which tube I should get? I see that vapexhale has 4 different kinds, but doesnt really have much info on it.

Vaporlover,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm going to test how little I can get away with next time and go log vape size. My idea is to pack an underdog bowl the way I normally would and then dump it into the ELB. Test it out. Most objective way I can think to compare to my other experiences.

This is what I did with my PD while beta testing the Cloud. Just sucked up a tube with the PD stem and then blew it into the ELB. I got similar result to the log with respect to hit count and effect. Only the taste was better and never got burnt tasting. I always took four hits off the PD stem, and I got four hits off the Cloud, too. The first hit was fantastic, the second a good one. The final two hits were whispy. I felt like the Cloud could get out of that amount with two hits what it took the PD to do in four hits. Since I used to go through three stems to get there with the log, I now just fill the ELB to bout 1/3 full and get the same effect with less effort and time, and with better taste.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I am interested in getting one of these but does anyone know which tube I should get? I see that vapexhale has 4 different kinds, but doesnt really have much info on it.

If you read back in the threads, around page 190 or so, I asked the same question. Honestly, according to most people, the differences are only noticeable to glass connoisseurs, so you won't go wrong picking any of them.

The trick that worked for me is, go to each package, and look at the bottom of the tube. You'll see the 7 arm tree perc in the Evolver HydraTree and the Circle Perc in the Evolver HydraCirc. The Vertigo is another tree perc, but the joint is exposed but has a glass catcher. And I haven't really looked at the VapeXhale HydraCirc.

Apparently, you can't go wrong picking any of them. I got the Evolver HydraTree.

newVaper420,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So I'm at the doctor getting an IM injection of Toradol and the nurse, standing there with the needle in her hand, asks me, looking at my t-shirt, "So, what is vap . . . eex . . . hale?"

Now, I don't even want this shot, I mean I do but its a racemix thats 10% alcohol, thats 20 proof folks, so it burns like a mother going in. Feels like injecting hot candle wax. Anyways, so I'm standing there with my pants half down trying to explain to this old woman what vaporizing cannabis is about . . . lol :lol: guess you had to be there.

She actually wrote down the website and is going to check it out! I get another shot tomorrow so I'll ask her how it went. She actually asked me if there was a "moisture component" to the device, her words I shit you not, and when I explained the HT to her she smiled :)

Top Bottom