Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Mr. Dabs

Man, I'm soooo tempted to do a pre-order on one of these bad boys. I was bummed because I missed out on the Indiegogo Campaign, but the pre-order is still very reasonable (thanks, SM!) I've always wanted a cloud, but I've always hesitated for one reason or another. No offense toward the fine company, but I'm rather glad I waited until now.

Here's my main question. I'm really, really into taste. I have the good fortune of owning a VAP2 and I just love it. However, when I rig it for vapor bonging, it's not quite as tasty. I suppose this is partially due to the nature of vapor bonging, but I am hoping I will gain both big hits and better taste with the EVO?

Oh, and yeah, I think I've got the dreaded disease...I just can't stop thinking about newer, better, sexier vapes ;)

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
The ground is there for internal parts as well. I'd be very surprised if the cord was only two prong.

Edit: Whoops, forgot the cord was removeable. It may very well be a two prong.

Last edited:
Deadshort480,

Hexi

Could be 3 prong and detachable, but most of the items I see laying around with 3 prong detachable cords have a power brick too (Laptops)

Hexi,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Here's my main question. I'm really, really into taste. I have the good fortune of owning a VAP2 and I just love it. However, when I rig it for vapor bonging, it's not quite as tasty. I suppose this is partially due to the nature of vapor bonging, but I am hoping I will gain both big hits and better taste with the EVO? . . .

Never tried a VAP2, so can't help with a comparison. The Cloud EVO will give you as big/dense a hit as you can handle, that's for sure - and at a comparatively lower temp. As far as the water effect, as a broad generalization, the more water diffusion the greater the effect on taste. With the HydraTubes, the least diffusion is the Showercap.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
It will be 3 prong. Since there is water on top, we needed to make sure it was grounded in case of accidental spillage.

All $500 and $1000 will come with a HydraFoot. Going forward (after the pre-order) when you build a Cloud package, you can select whether or not you want a HydraFoot with your package.

I think I covered most (if not all of the questions) - back to the MonkeyCave to do some WORK!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've been taking off the black from my Cloud for a while. Its mostly done, but near impossible to get last bits off as said. ISO is very poor at disolving it, yet it seems to be the best thing. I've tried like everything. Alcohols, nonpolars... Had someone success with anything? My hands are already broken. What kind of paints is thing? The easiest way to get it off is mechanically, possibly with iso. That took off the most of the paint, but some of it just won't go. Mostly on playes where its difficult to scrub it or in the aluminium texture.

I think that is the reason why my paint was getting off and only on one place - it was badly painted there. The paint didn't shape into the texture and left thin vertical "bubbles" of air. When it was getting off there were no thin vertical black lines in the texture like everywhere else where I took the paint off artificially. I believe that a Cloud that is painted well all over would keep its black color in perfect condition for ages.

Also I didn't take the shield off. And I'm leaving the black on the inner side.

Would be great if VX told us what substance it is. So I could find something good for it.
It is funny, how its ultra resistant to all chemicals, but can be scrubed off by a fingernail :D I would appreciate it more the opposite way.

Last edited:
Seek,
Reactions: Kief

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I've been taking off the black from my Cloud for a while. Its mostly done, but near impossible to get last bits off as said. ISO is very poor at disolving it, yet it seems to be the best thing. I've tried like everything. Alcohols, nonpolars... Had someone success with anything? . . .

Have you tried a stronger solvent, like toluene or xylene?

And when all else fails, there is always piranha etch (but only for the brave). :science:

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,

John Lewus

It will be 3 prong. Since there is water on top, we needed to make sure it was grounded in case of accidental spillage.

All $500 and $1000 will come with a HydraFoot. Going forward (after the pre-order) when you build a Cloud package, you can select whether or not you want a HydraFoot with your package.

I think I covered most (if not all of the questions) - back to the MonkeyCave to do some WORK!

Can you confirm if there is an external power brick or not or if it is just the cable?

John Lewus,
Reactions: ogcook

JoeKickass

Yeah, what will you do without ELB's?
Have vape, will cram bud in it.
tumblr_mktpi8Fah01s0scifo1_500.jpg

(Not a vape but you get the idea :D)

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Accidental water spillage could also possibly be very bad for the air vents, if they are still in design and the mesh in them lets water through. I don't know what is below these air vents, but spilling water there doesn't sound like a good idea.

Seek,

VaporsOne

I broke my HT after almost a year of good times :ugh:. I will probably get another VX or Swagger tube, but I'm wondering if there are any other options (cheaper or around same price) I could take a look at first. Vertical of course.

I picked up a whip for the first time just to last me for now - still very nice!

VaporsOne,

ogcook

I broke my HT after almost a year of good times :ugh:. I will probably get another VX or Swagger tube, but I'm wondering if there are any other options (cheaper or around same price) I could take a look at first. Vertical of course.

I picked up a whip for the first time just to last me for now - still very nice!

mod note: Post removed. Please do not promote ripoffs in the manufacturer's thread. The HT is at least patent pending.

Last edited by a moderator:

b0

Cloudy...

If you buy a Swagger you wont be disapointed. I hit the mouthpiece in mine with my balisong while doing some flips and it's still like new!! I have to admit that I almost poo my pants lmao, but learned the lesson. Keep the HT and my Cloud+ away from my "toys" :goon:

Vessel

I am sorry to hear that, I can imagine how much that would suck.

If you don't mind me asking, How exactly did you break your Hydratube ? I really love mine and hope I never have that oh shit moment, I get a bit scared every time I go to clean it.

Vessel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My partially silvered Cloud (logo still needs some work). This is before any powerful solvent was used. It will take some time until I get something strong enough in my possession.
o0uqfm.jpg

2wpq7wz.jpg

2dkfhxc.jpg

zwxifa.jpg

r909q1.jpg

It is noticeably shinier, yet these numerous tiny black lines make it look darker when looking at angle. I think that looks kinda cool in its own way, only these lines could be spread more evenly. I think I will clean it more when I get good solvent. Also I think it enhaces cooling down of the shield a bit as its more exposed to outside air. But also exposes more heat to hand when its really hot. The subjective heat is still the same as the increased output of heat goes outwards. Another difference I've noticed about silver finish is that the black paint was tiny bit rubberish therefore making some friction when you hold it. These wristband are now even better for it or it would be easy for the Cloud to slide down out of my hand if I eased the grip.

Last edited:

Teedub

That looks cool, like wood grain or a well used and weathered patina.

Id be trying little rotary tool brushes, can also put them on a drill. For the logo. You would be able to go over it all and get a nice brushed finish as well if desired.

I love the look of them stripped :)

Teedub,
Top Bottom