Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

stickstones

Vapor concierge
monkeyman...regarding the auto shutoff...can we just get rid of it or at least have the option? The Eagle's design looks to cover up the hot top, and if the unit doesn't get hot anymore, what's the point of it? Mine effectively stays on all day because I keep running up there and toggling the switch. Couldn't we just get rid of it?

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
monkeyman...regarding the auto shutoff...can we just get rid of it or at least have the option? The Eagle's design looks to cover up the hot top, and if the unit doesn't get hot anymore, what's the point of it? Mine effectively stays on all day because I keep running up there and toggling the switch. Couldn't we just get rid of it?

Well...if you forget to close your Eagle and lets say to go sleep... its a good feature IMO.

m0sh,
Reactions: ogcook

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Congrats to VXL for busting through the 55 and now 65K plateau. Consumers are really speaking with their wallets here with this unprecedented show of support.

Regarding the auto shut off feature, maybe a manual override procedure to disable or greatly extend the timer would be a worthwhile compromise. I don't know if there's time to add features like that, or if VXL has solid reasons to keep it as is. However, I'm sure some users will find their own ways to get around it just as they have with the Cloud.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

Congrats to VXL for busting through the 55 and now 65K plateau. Consumers are really speaking with their wallets here with this unprecedented show of support.

Regarding the auto shut off feature, maybe a manual override procedure to disable or greatly extend the timer would be a worthwhile compromise. I don't know if there's time to add features like that, or if VXL has solid reasons to keep it as is. However, I'm sure some users will find their own ways to get around it just as they have with the Cloud.

It all comes down to safety and liability. I'm not sure who advised the other companies but typically devices that create heat need an auto shut off feature (outside of say, crockpots) and for us, as much as I like leaving my unit on all day, I need to put aside my personal preference for what is the best long term strategy for the company. Plus, given the much shorter heat up times now, it will only be a few minutes before the machine is up and running again and is a much "greener" way to consume electricity. Mostly, it is liability reasons though. I know other manufacturers don't have this but I see this changing as our industry becomes more regulated and what we are doing becomes the norm.

Let's get to 69K and I'll show another SwaggerCirc + Turbine Video :rockon:

11eleven11

KERAZYYYYYYYYYYYYY MANG!!!!! Let me get one!!!! What kind of tube is that in the vid Bob?

Thommy Blunt

Vid title says "Swagger Glass Steve Bates Gridded Inline to Turbine" - so yeah. Check Swagger's web site but I don't think they are selling them yet.

Search youtube for "hitman turbine glass" for a similar design. Pretty much youtubing "turbine glass" will yield decent search results.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . I think it is possible to remove that little black piece so you can better see the damage and what can be done about it. Maybe if you are out of warranty, it would be possible to fix at least the cord yourself.

EDIT:

I had just posted that it would probably be a problem getting inside the shell because of the switch being hardwired into the front of the PCB, on the opposite side of the power cord. I took another look at my disassembled unit and my memory may be faulty, i.e., it may be possible to separate the halves. That said, as I posted previously, it is highly doubtful that the strain relief could be removed from the outside. There is a bezel on the inside securing it, and the cord's wires are soldered directly to the board (no connector). The pressure required to pull the strain relief from the outside would not only break it but mostly likely pull the wires off the board, too. It can be repaired, but needs to be done from the inside.

Additionally, in the pic at the top left of the strain relief there looks to be decay of the strain relief plastic. I would suspect heat, which could mean that the wiring inside is frayed even worse. If this is so, powering the unit could be risky, i.e., that same leakage could conceivably fry the board.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Vessel

After 16 weeks my cloud plus has stopped heating. Like last time it was working fine the night before but the next day it just stays red. I was hoping that it would last until October at least, if not for much longer. My first cloud lasted about 3 months I believe. I can't think of anything that would be causing this to happen on my part, I treated this device pretty delicately. (loose wires ?)

It sucks bad having to wait till October, I feel the pain of the few who are in this situation. If I were to get the 350 perk, after having my cloud plus serviced I think I would have to try to sell it. To try to make up for all of this spending, plus it is already in my head that this Can and likely Will happen again with this device. I hope with the "Eagle" they make it in a way where this would be very hard to have happen.

Personally I think I may have to give up a Vaping until then too which has me feeling not so good. All i have is a EQ that gives me nasty side effects after awhile, and a mflb. No cloud in my artillery.

it's still red

Vessel,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it sucks that it has been ur personal experience vessel
i know of many early tickers that are still going strong, as well as the bulk of the ones made before the
cloud+ mess. i would chalk the first one up to that early bad connection that they fixed and the second was already explained as not their fault. it sucks being cloudless in the meantime, however i am sure some big buy-in (early bird and above) peeps will let there current cloud go before the eagle lands. just a feeling

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
it sucks being cloudless in the meantime, however i am sure some big buy-in (early bird and above) peeps will let there current cloud before the eagle lands. just a feeling

Man I wouldn't let my early ticker model go not even for a cool grand! Seems like after the first few months, their QC had nosedived straight into the ground. Hopefully the Eagle will set everything back on track.

11eleven11

I am really excited about the turbine perc setup. I like water filtered vapor hits mostly because I hate getting all that small plant matter in my throat and etc. The violent swirl of the turbine will definitely take care of that. :cheers:

Seriously. I love watching the typhoon action on this thing.

Thanks so much Stonemonkey for being awesome with the limited edition stuff and hooking this up.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Man I wouldn't let my early ticker model go not even for a cool grand! Seems like after the first few months, their QC had nosedived straight into the ground. Hopefully the Eagle will set everything back on track.

The original clouds were REALLY solid. The one I bought used was one of the original tickers and it has been used for about two years and is still ticking! I don't think it will ever die, but yeah as posted ^ the QC did take a dive and some people have been cloudless. I just can't imagine a device that doesn't tick, the tick is the heartbeat of the cloud. It's what keeps my atmosphere foggy, if it were to stop,, then..... ,.. .,.. :uhoh:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
The original clouds were REALLY solid. The one I bought used was one of the original tickers and it has been used for about two years and is still ticking! I don't think it will ever die, but yeah as posted ^ the QC did take a dive and some people have been cloudless. I just can't imagine a device that doesn't tick, the tick is the heartbeat of the cloud. It's what keeps my atmosphere foggy, if it were to stop,, then..... ,.. .,.. :uhoh:

This ^^^ My cloud is VERY solid, and has had quite a life, and never skipped a beat! And I really have to agree, that I don't know WHAT I would do without that ticking sound in my life! haha, when I'm not near the Cloud, it's like not having my...it's like not having my damn Cloud, that's what it's like! :brow: :lol: Seriously though, I find myself muting the tv/music when my head isn't on the same level as the Cloud, or in a good audible path of it, and I can't hear it's soothing ticking pulse. I know what it sounds like when it's just waking up from a nap, or when it's nearing target temperature, or that unmistakable sound of the ticks starting to settle down, to a tick here or there for a few seconds, as the green light shines, and the ticks call you, saying, "I'm juuuusssssssssttt ready!"

That is why my "OG Ticker" will find itself forever at home once it's successor arrives. From the day that the Eagle lands, the ole ticker will no longer venture outside the confines of my house, with the exception of moves, and absolute necessity (Eagle endangerment/death, another person in dire need of Cloud/Eagle like extraction [in which case the person in need would get the warrantied Eagle, and the ticker would probably still stay home...it would just become more DD again] etc...)

I don't think that I'll be using my Cloud so much once in possession of the Eagle, but I'll probably have to leave it hooked up to the WeMo switch, and have it come on in the mornings, or evenings, or something silly like that. I really do enjoy waking up and disabling my alarm only to hear the soft ticking of the Cloud....so it may continue to come on every morning, and just not stay on all damn day afterwards like it currently does :D

All of the donations, and milestones hit recently on the IGG campaign are getting me even more excited and anxious for October, and so happy for VXL!

I don't really make many videos anymore, especially with my regular camera, so forgive me for not taking the time to re film this and get it to focus correctly ;) (AF settings were funky, and I didn't take the time to fix them) It focused wonderfully on the second hit (~2:50) stacking some bubbles in the FC bub...so I'm happy :)

Change the quality to HD after hitting Play/Pause...

Koop

Yes. It presents a safety hazard, not to be trifled with.

would wrapping it in electrical tape help at all?

HybxrwF.jpg

Koop,

Lostclusters

would wrapping it in electrical tape help at all?

HybxrwF.jpg

The thing to do would be to find a way of opening up the plastic grommet the cord goes through and either use tape to provide more mechanical strength to the cord, or to pull the cord through the grommet and fix it so that the grommet rest on the part of the cord it is suppose to. I would prefer the first option. However that may void your warranty.

Lostclusters,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

Plus fucking one!! I love...LOVE my ticker Cloud. I will never part with it. It's a damn solid machine. I'm so happy I nabbed one of these when I had the chance.

Bring on the Eagle, though. It will be a most welcome addition to my arsenal.

:tup:

BL4ZE

Once the Eagle is in my hands my old ticker is going to be safely stored away. It'll be cool to bring it out years down the road and maybe show it to my kids :ko:
Of course they may then pull out vapexhale's latest invention in which I'll be like that's cool... I beta tested that months ago :lol:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
The thing to do would be to find a way of opening up the plastic grommet the cord goes through and either use tape to provide more mechanical strength to the cord, or to pull the cord through the grommet and fix it so that the grommet rest on the part of the cord it is suppose to. I would prefer the first option. However that may void your warranty.

Koop, I may have some good news for you. (The caveat is that, again, mine is an older unit and the internals in yours may be different.) The strain relief has a small tab on the section outside the shell. I was able to push it in tightly and work the strain relief free from the shell. You'll see a tie-wrap around the cord on the back side of the strain relief; that prevents you from pulling the cord through. Inside the shell the cord is ~3-4" long which enables it to wrap around the bamboo and provides some slack. Once you've freed the strain relief, cut the tie wrap and very, very gently pull on the cord (remember, it runs around the bamboo; you don't want to put pressure on that glass). I can't promise, but I think you should be able to pull just enough of the cord out so that you could wrap the frayed section with electrical tape. Apply another tie-wrap and gently re-insert the strain relief. This could be more easily done with the casing opened up, but that gets into other potential problems so this method from the outside might be worth a try. Good luck.

m0sh

Wow turbine! ... that is amazing !!! it the video from the 1000$ perk or 500$ perk?

m0sh,

m0sh

I believe it is for the $500 perk. I believe the $1000 perk will use the same design but I think the HT will be worked.

Amazing! I can't wait to get mine!!!!!!! Wow...

I wonder if VXL - can do anything with my inside broken prec showerdome?

brewer

I am really excited about the turbine perc setup. I like water filtered vapor hits mostly because I hate getting all that small plant matter in my throat and etc. The violent swirl of the turbine will definitely take care of that. :cheers:

Seriously. I love watching the typhoon action on this thing.

Thanks so much Stonemonkey for being awesome with the limited edition stuff and hooking this up.

love it; we should just repost this video on every page ;)

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Amazing! I can't wait to get mine!!!!!!! Wow...

I wonder if VXL - can do anything with my inside broken prec showerdome?

I doubt VXL could do anything other than try to facilitate communication between you and the blower who made your piece. I've been down this route, they eventually say no, it's not fixable. Technically it could probably be fixed, but to say "yeah, this is safe to set on top of your 500ish dollar vape, after being repaired, is harder. Quality control, etc. I'll PM you though about some options.

m0sh

I doubt VXL could do anything other than try to facilitate communication between you and the blower who made your piece. I've been down this route, they eventually say no, it's not fixable. Technically it could probably be fixed, but to say "yeah, this is safe to set on top of your 500ish dollar vape, after being repaired, is harder. Quality control, etc. I'll PM you though about some options.

Thanks for the info...what I meant was giving it back to XVL and not getting it back...I wonder if there's any use...

If someone from the states is willing to accept my broken HT and then send it for a fix at the states and then back to me...I would be more than grateful! tips included and massive amount of Karma :)

m0sh,
Top Bottom