Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
In the sub post there are a bunch of experiences, included mvapes one.

True, but unfortunately those posts are within their own threads, and not aggregated into a single thread in which members could more easily read(rather than having to read multiple threads). If a moderator would be so kind as to copy some of the most pertinent information regarding the two, and transfer that information into the thread, I(and others) would be very grateful.

VaporEyes,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
If a moderator would be so kind as to copy some of the most pertinent information regarding the two, and transfer that information into the thread, I(and others) would be very grateful.

That would be the best, let's give them some time.

b0,

SD_haze

Here is the latest (and greatest) revision of our crowd funding video. If you guys could help share on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, or wherever, we would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

I spy a DubCRider!
Contribooted

Only 823$ away from 50%. Thanks everyone that has supported so far! Hopefully today we can move across the 50 yard line!
Inched VXC about 33% closer to the 50 yard line :cheers:

I did $251 just to be cheeky

kingtut106

Does anyone know where I could get a cloud buddy today? Vapexhale obviously is not selling them for awhile and I would like to not wait 3 months.

kingtut106,

theCerberus

You opt to do the trade in option with a dead cloud or cloud + you get the nimbus back and 50$ store credit. All dead clouds need to be sent in and we confirm there is a mechanical failure under warranty. Note that upgrading your working cloud/cloud+ to nimbus ends the warranty on the cloud or cloud+.

Does that mean I do NOT get my repaired cloud+ back? Just a nimbus and $50 store credit?

Also, I asked a few times now, if I am a nimbus fanatic, can I send my cloud in for upgrade? or do I need to donate an additional $250?

theCerberus,

smokie

Does that mean I do NOT get my repaired cloud+ back? Just a nimbus and $50 store credit?

Also, I asked a few times now, if I am a nimbus fanatic, can I send my cloud in for upgrade? or do I need to donate an additional $250?
Yes you don't get cloud back. I think it's a good idea if you have a working cloud, but I have a non functioning cloud under warranty and would just be happy to have it fixed! As it will cost me $50 to send it back the trade in not so good

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer

The Nimbus Fanatic allows you to get a new Limited Edition Nimbus. If you want to upgrade your existing Cloud, that would be another $250.

If you have a non-working Cloud under warranty and do the upgrade, you will get a NEW Nimbus and a $50 store credit. One of the reasons we decided not to fix existing Clouds was that:

1. We decided to let EVERYONE keep their Clouds
2. The heater used in it was particular to our previous relationship so we are trying to move on and put that behind in the past.

I hope that answers everyone's questions. We understand that there are edge cases where these perks might seem to give more value to certain folks but the idea was to be as inclusive as possible.

CheeseSandwich

If one was to pledge $500 would they be able to twist your arm to ship the hydratube separate, now?:brow:I have no hydratube :(

CheeseSandwich,

mmafighterthe25

The Nimbus Fanatic allows you to get a new Limited Edition Nimbus. If you want to upgrade your existing Cloud, that would be another $250.

If you have a non-working Cloud under warranty and do the upgrade, you will get a NEW Nimbus and a $50 store credit. One of the reasons we decided not to fix existing Clouds was that:

2. The heater used in it was particular to our previous relationship so we are trying to move on and put that behind in the past.

I hope that answers everyone's questions. We understand that there are edge cases where these perks might seem to give more value to certain folks but the idea was to be as inclusive as possible.

Keep good work up guys, I know the nimbus is gonna be amazing. The cloud is amazing to, I sent yas my 250 today.

mmafighterthe25,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

Just curious as to what happens if you don't upgrade to the Nimbus and your Cloud+ breaks? Will you still warranty the heater in it?

newVaper420,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It is funny how I waited so long until warantied Cloud was available to me just to find out it means almost nothing now.
If I get it right, now one can only get 50$ refund instead of replacement? I hope I'm wrong.
The 250$ itch is still collecting its pros and cons. If I had money to burn, it would be a no brainer...

Also it's interesting how they were asked to introdure the 5000 perk and yet nobody has claimed it.

Seek,

theCerberus

OK, well what if I want to just wait and get my cloud+ repaired, is that possible anymore?

I am a nimbus fanatic.

My cloud+ died a month in, and I am cloudless. I'm not going to get it repaired if I do nimbus upgrade, and the best part of that perk is keeping your cloud+...

I could do $350 and have 3 vaporizers..... now thats damn tempting. Provided of course, the cloud+ can be repaired.

theCerberus,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just curious as to what happens if you don't upgrade to the Nimbus and your Cloud+ breaks? Will you still warranty the heater in it?

OK, well what if I want to just wait and get my cloud+ repaired, is that possible anymore?

Due to what is happening with us with our previous supplier, it does make fixing these a bit more tricky and why we decided to just let ANYONE who owned an existing Cloud qualify for the $250 upgrade. If push came to shove and someone wanted their Cloud+ repaired, we would just order one-off heaters which have a 3-4 week lead time and then fix and turn the unit around. We are really trying to move on as a company but we don't want to leave our customers in a bad situation either and this is the best workaround we could think of.

We are trying to raise money in this thread right now so if anyone has any questions, please post it in our Indiegogo thread or email me as I don't want to derail this thread answering one-off questions.

tbill

Due to what is happening with us with our previous supplier, it does make fixing these a bit more tricky and why we decided to just let ANYONE who owned an existing Cloud qualify for the $250 upgrade. If push came to shove and someone wanted their Cloud+ repaired, we would just order one-off heaters which have a 3-4 week lead time and then fix and turn the unit around. We are really trying to move on as a company but we don't want to leave our customers in a bad situation either and this is the best workaround we could think of.

We are trying to raise money in this thread right now so if anyone has any questions, please post it in our Indiegogo thread or email me as I don't want to derail this thread answering one-off questions.

I'm sorry, but I am a bit disturbed with your answer. I spent $599 in good faith partly based on the 2 Year warranty that was being touted. Now this "warranty" is being described as being ..yes we will fix it. but it a lot of trouble and will take a long time, and we would much rather have you spend another $250. If you can't fix a cloud + under the warranty in a timely manner (once you are up and running), you should just give the owner a new Nimbus and it would have a warranty based on whatever is left on the Cloud warranty.

brewer

I'm sorry, but I am a bit disturbed with your answer. I spent $599 in good faith partly based on the 2 Year warranty that was being touted. Now this "warranty" is being described as being ..yes we will fix it. but it a lot of trouble and will take a long time, and we would much rather have you spend another $250. If you can't fix a cloud + under the warranty in a timely manner (once you are up and running), you should just give the owner a new Nimbus and it would have a warranty based on whatever is left on the Cloud warranty.

I think you have a point, but there is a middle ground to be had; see if you can get VapeXhale to order the heater part now (or ordered early enough so that it arrives by the time its repair facility is running), if possible (assuming we know the defect in the Cloud ahead of time, i.e., the problem with your Cloud is the heater, and that can be confirmed, currently and remotely), that way your Cloud + can be repaired more quickly.

brewer,
Reactions: treeman

tbill

I think you have a point, but there is a middle ground to be had; see if you can get VapeXhale to order the heater part now (or ordered early enough so that it arrives by the time its repair facility is running), if possible (assuming we know the defect in the Cloud ahead of time, i.e., the problem with your Cloud is the heater, and that can be confirmed, currently and remotely), that way your Cloud + can be repaired more quickly.

I agree. I understand their problem that people might break their clouds on purpose, so replacing them with a new Nimbus would be a problem. But as you say, why can't they have a good supply of Cloud parts (heaters) on hand? I get the feeling that these Cloud repairs will be a last priority for them, as they want everyone in a Nimbus.

tbill,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I get the feeling that these Cloud repairs will be a last priority for them, as they want everyone in a Nimbus.
Don't you want to be? Cloud owners happiness being last priority? Please take a look around. VXL is pulling out the stops to take an untenable situation and make it a win/win for virtually everyone. We are fortunate to have another bite at the apple . . . :peace:

tbill

FYI,
I was told by Stonemonkey that they cannot preorder the heaters-too expensive

tbill,
Anyone know if the Nimbus will have similar size dimensions as the Cloud? Just wondering if I'm gonna need to order more replacement foam for the Pelican around the end of September...

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I agree. I understand their problem that people might break their clouds on purpose, so replacing them with a new Nimbus would be a problem. But as you say, why can't they have a good supply of Cloud parts (heaters) on hand? I get the feeling that these Cloud repairs will be a last priority for them, as they want everyone in a Nimbus.

Let me make this clear, and hopefully I won't have to repeat this again because the internet has a strange way of taking a nice gesture and twisting it around.

If you are an existing Cloud+ owner and your unit breaks, you can wait until we are up and running in a few months to get it repaired, or you can upgrade to the Nimbus now for $250.

If you don't want to upgrade, you get to keep your same warranty, but there will be no upgrade option once this campaign is over.

If you own an existing Cloud, you are in no worse/better position that you were before, you simply have the option of upgrading to a Nimbus.

I think it has been discussed ad naseum that we can't fix any existing units right now because our previous heater was a custom part and if you have been following the thread, unfortunately, this isn't a piece easily accessible to us right now. When we are up and running again, we will have something similar that we can fix your Cloud+ with but that won't be available until we are in production again.

So let me re-iterate one last time, no one is putting a gun to your head to upgrade. If you want to keep your old Cloud, by all means do so, it is still a kick ass machine. If it breaks after the campaign is over, you can have it fixed but there will be no upgrade option in the future. Otherwise, there is no incentive to participate in the fundraising, make sense?

I hope that clears things up but one last thing, PMs are exactly that, private messages. If I wanted what I say in private to be out on the forums, I wouldn't ask people to PM me, so please respect the fact that we are having a private discussion. Obviously the NSA will still be spying... but you get my point.

mmafighterthe25

Let me make this clear, and hopefully I won't have to repeat this again because the internet has a strange way of taking a nice gesture and twisting it around.

If you are an existing Cloud+ owner and your unit breaks, you can wait until we are up and running in a few months to get it repaired, or you can upgrade to the Nimbus now for $250.

If you don't want to upgrade, you get to keep your same warranty, but there will be no upgrade option once this campaign is over.

If you own an existing Cloud, you are in no worse/better position that you were before, you simply have the option of upgrading to a Nimbus.

I think it has been discussed ad naseum that we can't fix any existing units right now because our previous heater was a custom part and if you have been following the thread, unfortunately, this isn't a piece easily accessible to us right now. When we are up and running again, we will have something similar that we can fix your Cloud+ with but that won't be available until we are in production again.

So let me re-iterate one last time, no one if putting a gun to your head to upgrade. If you want to keep your old Cloud, by all means do so, it is still a kick ass machine. If it breaks after the campaign is over, you can have it fixed but there will be no upgrade option in the future. Otherwise, there is no incentive to participate in the fundraising, make sense?

I hope that clears things up but one last thing, PMs are exactly that, private messages. If I wanted what I say in private to be out on the forums, I wouldn't ask people to PM me, so please respect the fact that we are having a private discussion. Obviously the NSA will still be spying... but you get my point.

Cant Just trust everyone buddy, lots of people looking for charity. When comes to moneyb people get heated up.

mmafighterthe25,
Top Bottom